ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.0150627

Guys please check files integrity, as I've just tested and there's no problem reloading .45acp in FNX mags, items can be accessed in hunting/deer stands and most of what was noted as "bug"s in the previous posts are not bugs at all.

Keep it up devs.

God's in his heaven. All's right with the world. - NERV

Cheers!!

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

It's actually a great idea if everything else was working, but it's not, survival and zombies are trivial in the zombie survival game making it just another shooter where finding "leet guns" happens to be time consuming without hopping or help.

The problem is, this kind of system only ENCOURAGES server hopping too. People are either going to stop playing or theyre gonna hop till they get the loot they want. And theyll have to because people will always inevitably hoard stuff and theres gonna be no spawns in the world after a certain point haha.  Really disappointing to hear honestly.  I know there needs to be some sort of limit to high end items in the world, but at the same time there needs to be a counter for hoarders and having the loot spawns just be completely devoid of weapons that will allow you to level the playing field. 

There is already enough risk to spending a shit load of time getting to a high loot area and hoping there is stuff there without a shit load of zombies or getting sniped to not have to nerf the loot spawns to get that scarcity "survival" feel.  I see what they are trying to do but at the same time they need to find a balance between the games theme and what actually works for the gameplay. Otherwise people will just keep quitting

Edited by chanman1197
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, chanman1197 said:

The problem is, this kind of system only ENCOURAGES server hopping too. People are either going to stop playing or theyre gonna hop till they get the loot they want. And theyll have to because people will always inevitably hoard stuff and theres gonna be no spawns in the world after a certain point haha.  Really disappointing to hear honestly.  I know there needs to be some sort of limit to high end items in the world, but at the same time there needs to be a counter for hoarders and having the loot spawns just be completely devoid of weapons that will allow you to level the playing field. 

There is already enough risk to spending a shit load of time getting to a high loot area and hoping there is stuff there without a shit load of zombies or getting sniped to not have to nerf the loot spawns to get that scarcity "survival" feel.  I see what they are trying to do but at the same time they need to find a balance between the games theme and what actually works for the gameplay. Otherwise people will just keep quitting

Well, even with server hopping, if the infected were a threat it wouldn't matter how many servers you hopped.  In fact, that should be the big deterrent for server hopping.  Load into a military zone, it spawns 100 infected in that area, which would still suck for anyone already there but at least they know someone is spawning in.

• Haha 1

I think you broke binoculars and rangefinder.. at least they don't work for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stf Dma said:

it seems all the AK and M4 were removed from the game.... can you confirm that ?

Hope they're just more rare. DayZ should be mostly civilian weapons. Slow combat is more intense and fun.

I think that there is a problem with the current loot table of items spawning in what I call "swarms" in all areas. You ever noticed how you find a specific item and suddenly the next house/tent has it as well and the one after the next too? Yeah, that's kind of what's happening and you usually don't notice it with more common items but if you go through a military base and you find an sks you can be sure to find alot more in the next tents if it wasn't looted before. You can witness the same thing specifically when you're loot-cycling. Generator in one shed? You bet your ass you'll find at least 4 more in that town if you go through all sheds. Just pay attention, you'll find it to be true. Reported it here, hope it gets assigned soon. ->> https://feedback.bistudio.com/T137112 <<-

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

None of us could make them work either. There were 5 of us trying. I’d verified my files beforehand not sure of the others. 

1 hour ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

I think that there is a problem with the current loot table of items spawning in what I call "swarms" in all areas. You ever noticed how you find a specific item and suddenly the next house/tent has it as well and the one after the next too? Yeah, that's kind of what's happening and you usually don't notice it with more common items but if you go through a military base and you find an sks you can be sure to find alot more in the next tents if it wasn't looted before. You can witness the same thing specifically when you're loot-cycling. Generator in one shed? You bet your ass you'll find at least 4 more in that town if you go through all sheds. Just pay attention, you'll find it to be true. Reported it here, hope it gets assigned soon. ->> https://feedback.bistudio.com/T137112 <<-

Cant believe that loot cycling is even in game still...other day when i played i went on military area and there was not gun....but because ,if you take all the stuff from tents and throw them in forest,new loot spawns in seconds....about three times i farmed this system and like magic...i had two guns quite easy.

Stop changing gloves color and focuse on loot farming,eating raw meat,diseases,persistence.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

19 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Hello Survivors,

we have a new Stable Update incoming, providing hotfixes to the recent 1.01 Update.

This Stable update will update the server files as well.

Patchnotes

FIXED

• Fixed: Server crash caused by a bear trap
  • Fixed: Client error pops up upon inventory manipulation while sitting in a vehicle
  • Fixed: Client error while using the rangefinder
  • Fixed: Zombies can run through the closed doors of a garage
  • Fixed: Players are not able to see their own chat messages
  • Fixed: It is not possible to drink from ponds
  • Fixed: Leaving ladders on the half-way platform can create a stuck character - reported by T136605
  • Fixed: Ruined improvised suppressors still suppress the fire
  • Fixed: Car battery attached to Zenit broadcaster becomes invisible after reconnect
  • Fixed: Sorting symbols can be reversed (server browser)
  • Fixed: Removed the cause of the game minimizing when using volume keys on a keyboard and similar issues
  • Fixed: Server browser updates when loading and sorting the servers
  • Fixed: Incorrect display of server time when the server is running in winter months
  • Fixed: Filtering actions now have a throbber
  • Fixed: Server browser now continues refreshing if no server is found
  • Fixed: Character name should be displayed properly
  • Fixed: Progress statistic should be displayed properly

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Improved server performance (shooting sound effects are not performed on a server)
  • Tweaked: Inventory performance updates (in general, and in specific situations such as opening the inventory with multiple items in vicinity)
  • Tweaked: Long torch now uses pipe attack animations
  • Tweaked: Visuals of the server browser

Notes

This is confusing calling this an update, nothing new is introduced. This looks to me like a hotfix  

Didnt get much time to test but all previous issues are still relevant. 

Thanks.

The issue of multiple same items spawning is become really serious/hilarious. I just found six pistol suppressors in Electro police station. Ignoring the possibility of a suppressor sales convention in the police station during a major public health crisis, this felt unusual. 

More worrying still is the "counted in storage" point. I could swear it used to be that this was explicitly excluded from the spawning system. If it's not, that's....insane.

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, kopo79 said:

Cant believe that loot cycling is even in game still...other day when i played i went on military area and there was not gun....but because ,if you take all the stuff from tents and throw them in forest,new loot spawns in seconds....about three times i farmed this system and like magic...i had two guns quite easy.

Stop changing gloves color and focuse on loot farming,eating raw meat,diseases,persistence.

Yes the game needs survival features like diseases, and having trouble to obtain food (fishing, hunting, etc etc). Right now it's too easy to find food, I don't play from December 1.0 release (I want to wait for more contents and features)but I test other day less then an hour and after you found only a steak knife you only have to kill infected and they have canned food of all types. You can eat raw meat and drink dirty water from rivers and water source. Too easy. I again close the game, after see that.. This is a survival, we need to struggle to survive, not only PVP mode (for that I think players could have tons of modded servers and deathmatch servers)

8 hours ago, kopo79 said:

That's actually a server setting. I have loot set to respawn in 1 hour after it's been removed on my server.

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

3 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

That's actually a server setting. I have loot set to respawn in 1 hour after it's been removed on my server.

Where can I find this setting?  The default setting is way too fast

Ive verified my files, found a new rangefinder and binoculars, they still do not work.

found a firemans axe, doesnt seem to be a one shot kill. 

3 - 9mm/45acp or 2 M4 556 to the chest to kill a zombie at close range!! I will run out of bullets at this rate

zombies seem to hear you moving better now too .  . are also respawning faster

am currently sitting in heavy fog in a building (fog is in the building). Cannot see a thing

Edited by aux7

19 hours ago, chanman1197 said:

There is already enough risk to spending a shit load of time getting to a high loot area and hoping there is stuff there without a shit load of zombies or getting sniped

Maybe don't go to high loot areas.  Go the other way.

I die more to zpmbies than players these days. Mostly when im to subborn. #used to the old zeds.

Keep up the good work devz!

2 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Every server where i have been i can loot farm.village,officials and dome random server.

A question, before the last two updates I had this settings with Arctic-latitudes and got a perfect night. After these two updates it won't get back to that darkness anymore. I have tried different dates and such but it is the same all the time except when I go outside a date it gets pitch black. Question is, what has changed ?

Pre two Patches :

Before

post two Patches

After

Edited by Relic77

On 2/21/2019 at 11:29 AM, NoPOW said:

In general, basebuiding breaks the game; just ditch it. Al you need is the ability to craft a modest shelter with a few beams, some rope and a tarp. A place to store the most necessary of goods and a dry place to sleep; but always prone to being looted by a passer-by.
Villages are Infected territory; no building there, but you could still set up a tent in a house if you really wanted to.

Not the place to discuss this, but soit...

I agree. I think they should stick to boarding up windows and doors. We've all been in enough buildings to see that the previous tenants were able to barricade doors. We should be able to do the same, just my opinion. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 12:48 PM, [Gen]Adzic said:

They broke them in the previous experimental build and somehow it carried over to stable. smh

The same animation is broken when holding a scope in your hand.

17 hours ago, eno said:

None of us could make them work either. There were 5 of us trying. I’d verified my files beforehand not sure of the others. 

I've been having this problem since the last experimental build. Now it seems to have made it to stable.

When I realized it wasn't working for me, I verified files as well. I finally nuked the db and started over from scratch thinking it was carryover from previous builds. Bino, rangefinder and scope in hand still broken. Must be strictly client, maybe someone else can verify.

6 hours ago, Chernarussian said:

I've been having this problem since the last experimental build. Now it seems to have made it to stable.

When I realized it wasn't working for me, I verified files as well. I finally nuked the db and started over from scratch thinking it was carryover from previous builds. Bino, rangefinder and scope in hand still broken. Must be strictly client, maybe someone else can verify.

I bug reported it and it got classified as a duplicate so it’s in the system.

21 hours ago, kopo79 said:

Every server where i have been i can loot farm.village,officials and dome random server.

@BetterDeadThanZed is referring to his Community Server...and not a Public Server.

I strongly suggest you try out a few of them and see if they are more in line with your preferred DayZ experience. That's the whole point of having both Public (standard) server and Private (custom) environments.

If you are opposed to loot farming then just find a server that sets the respawn interval longer. You also have no server hopping.

To me, it seems that what you are looking for in your DayZ experience is definitely going to be better served in the Community... Cheers!