ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.0150627

Does anyone know the current day/night cycle? I've noticed it's moving quite a bit faster, but I can't tell exactly HOW long and if there's a lopsided day-to-night ratio.

Some official servers are time compressed 6.2x. 

Is that what you mean?

• Beans 1

Can any one tell me whats the point of the dynamic police car spawns?  I have yet to find anything of interest on them..  All I can see that they have done is make the police stations have less loot.  It's the same with helli crashes.  I haven't found much of interest in them.   Yes that's where the SVD spawns, but I think it's used more as a trophy weapon to be stored than for actual game use.   I haven't come across any one using it on the official servers.  It's more AK's and M4's.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Fing said:

Can any one tell me whats the point of the dynamic police car spawns?  I have yet to find anything of interest on them..  All I can see that they have done is make the police stations have less loot.  It's the same with helli crashes.  I haven't found much of interest in them.   Yes that's where the SVD spawns, but I think it's used more as a trophy weapon to be stored than for actual game use.   I haven't come across any one using it on the official servers.  It's more AK's and M4's.

I agree on the police cars. Helis are ok. 5/6 a gun and some other loot. Its not a big pinata but its nice. And it do require you to visit milly bases to complete the gear.

One other thing -  is there a new system or are we unable to pour water/gasoline from one container to another (bugged)?

• Like 1

I can't reload my M4. I got two full mags in the quick slots but when I press anyone of them my character swaps the M4 for the mag I just selected instead of reloading, soma thing with my K-AM. Am I doing something wrong here? Also R (reload) only empties the rifle's chamber. Any ideas?

Edited by Brandon Clinch

12 hours ago, Mr Jizz said:

One other thing -  is there a new system or are we unable to pour water/gasoline from one container to another (bugged)?

There is currently a bug with this, should be fixed with the next update.

8 minutes ago, Brandon Clinch said:

I can't reload my M4. I got two full mags in the quick slots but when I press anyone of them my character swaps the M4 for the mag I just selected instead of reloading, soma thing with my K-AM. Am I doing something wrong here? Also R (reload) only empties the rifle's chamber. Any ideas?

You have to hold the quickslot with the magazine to reload it.

• Beans 2

1 minute ago, ImpulZ said:

There is currently a bug with this, should be fixed with the next update.

You have to hold the quickslot with the magazine to reload it.

Thanks ImpulZ! 🙂

On 3/14/2019 at 8:47 AM, hemmo said:

I agree on the police cars. Helis are ok. 5/6 a gun and some other loot. Its not a big pinata but its nice. And it do require you to visit milly bases to complete the gear.

police cars are a nice surprise, and you get some stuff. I got a pistol silencer and rounds off one. I have seen more cars than helicopter wrecks . . . the heli wreck I did see gave me an svd, so you could say I was a satisfied customer.

The game always seems to require you to visit other places to make the complete weapon, I find that a pain sometimes. Would be nice just once to find a complete pristine weapon . . . I always seem to get damaged or badly damaged with no rounds, no magazine and iron sights.

Question for the community - where the eff are all the silencers? LOL 😅

Seriously though - I love how hard the E in PVE has become, but it would be nice after these many hours on a single character to find a dang silencer.

27 minutes ago, Mr Jizz said:

pistol silencers are police loot (police stations and cars, maybe even guard houses), while NATO and eastern silencers are military loot...

so if you checked tose places, i guess you are not lucky enough.

as usually, as soon as you find one, you'll find the next one not long after. you never find what you need directly when you need it, but when you don't need it anymore. 🙂

• Like 1

I have haven't had much trouble with silencers.  I would say at least 1 a weak.  What I hate is I lose them as I'm carrying them on me and then being hit by Zeds which ruin it lol.  It is on me and not a weapon as I usually don't have one to attach it to 🙂

16 minutes ago, Fing said:

I have haven't had much trouble with silencers.  I would say at least 1 a weak.  What I hate is I lose them as I'm carrying them on me and then being hit by Zeds which ruin it lol.  It is on me and not a weapon as I usually don't have one to attach it to 🙂

I have had pristine ones given to me, not fired a shot through them since they were left in my character storage- and before I get a chance to use it it gets ruined in my clothing even if I’m not hit by zombies. 

I’m told keeping them in protector cases helps avoid this. 

Two critical questions for any remaining survivors:

1) Do vehicles still fly around and kill you when you enter them?

2) Is persistence completely fixed?

1 hour ago, Survivor1431 said:

I hopped into several vehicles and none of them started flying with the current patch, but I can't confirm 100%.

In my experience yes. My own base never had a wall or tower magically dissapearing. Even the cable reels and working lights stay put for over a week. I also spotted several other abandoned bases that are partly destroyed. Even after weeks the wall frames are still standing.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

1) Fly around: yes. Kill you: sometimes.

2) Fixed: yes. Completely: no. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

1 - Im still nervous about cars - havent tried it since my last "adventure". Too much effort to achieve "the black screen of death" I will/am be waiting for some other brave soul to try it and report

2 - I just revisited an old stash on a public server .. . . still there. Color me purple, its still there ..  . you could have knocked me down with a feather . . .  now to check the main stash . . .

Edited by aux7
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

You have to be over 18 to drive, it requires a level of responsibility and experience. -  Read @Parazight's posts on vehicles.

• Haha 2

Hi Folks, Hi Survivor1431,

my experience since the new patch is online …
The game is very persistent now, but i dont know if persistency is 100% working. It Looks very good.
Game is playable now, and i did not lose stuff since the patch is out.
The Servers are Pretty stable too! Very few Server crashes. They still can happen, but they are rare and so are not a big Point anymore.

Vehicles: YES, the cars work now!
You dont get killed if you enter a car. You can enter any car, even if there are now tires on it.
Sometimes the car still jump around if you are unlucky, but if so, try to stop the car, turn off the Motor and get out of the car quickly.
After that, you can reenter the car and it will beheave normal again.
I only had this once since the patch is online.
So to sum it up = cars are good now

The whole game is good now!
Some minor Bugs still around, but the Basics work like they should.
I hope it will stay this way, and new Features will be added soon.

Kind regards

• Thanks 1

I hope the next patch is improving what is in the game already.  I personally would like the ladas to run a lot better, be able to pitch tents in a lot more places than you can currently, Items get damaged by zombie attacks a lot slower, more car tyres as the server as the one  I mainly play on seams to have run out of them along with other car bits, all in all a better loot balance.  As much as I would like the old stuff that currently isn't in the game back I think that getting them back in would slow down fixing the game which would put it in a better place than it is now.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:13 AM, aux7 said:

police cars are a nice surprise, and you get some stuff. I got a pistol silencer and rounds off one. I have seen more cars than helicopter wrecks . . . the heli wreck I did see gave me an svd, so you could say I was a satisfied customer.

The game always seems to require you to visit other places to make the complete weapon, I find that a pain sometimes. Would be nice just once to find a complete pristine weapon . . . I always seem to get damaged or badly damaged with no rounds, no magazine and iron sights.

It really depends on the server honestly. These are things that can be modified server side without using mods. It's what I do for my server. Weapons have a increased chance to be pristine and 50% chance of spawning complete with attachments and magazines (pristine or not). Since I use the WeaponRedux mod, a lot of the new weapons spawn at the police cars/guard shacks/heli sites and so do the attachments which means I had to increase the amount of police cars that spawned to nearly triple. Same with the heli spawns but had to bump them up to over 6 times the default amount. Now you don't always have to go to military sites to get kitted out.

On 3/16/2019 at 2:44 PM, eno said:

1) Fly around: yes. Kill you: sometimes.

2) Fixed: yes. Completely: no. 

Cars on my server are already assembled. They don't fly around or knock you out. They are above ground and not glitched. Some fuel, water, oil(optional, but highly encouraged if you want it to last) and spark plug and your off. Since car parts are plentiful, if you wreck it's no big deal. Replace the parts that are bad and your back on the road. Or just find another car. Oh yeah, did I mention they don't fly or kill you? Is it laughable that its a 4x4. Yeah, pretty much. Any incline on any road type is a massive issue. *Sigh*

On 3/15/2019 at 9:51 AM, Mr Jizz said:

Seriously though - I love how hard the E in PVE has become, but it would be nice after these many hours on a single character to find a dang silencer.

You'd have to ask the server owner to increase the amount of silencers that get spawned. I had to do that cuz people hoard a lot of the time. And if you run out of duct-tape or gun repair kit or forget to check if it needs fix'n, they don't last very long. Especially if you rapid fire with one.

Edited by C4-timah

Not played for a bit, what's the state of play can we throw things yet? Do we have bows and stuff? Can we jump/climb things yet?

28 minutes ago, Bob.E.Dazzler said:

Not played for a bit, what's the state of play can we throw things yet? Do we have bows and stuff? Can we jump/climb things yet?

no, no and unfortunately no

I want to be able to climb trees  . . . .  .

Edited by aux7