SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

12 minutes ago, Mean Gun Morris said:

Hey there fellow testers! Finally managed to get in on .60 and wow just wow. Top job Devs, the extra servers are a god send too thank you. I'm still getting the memory error but running in windowed mode slowed it down enough for me to get an hour of testing in. How do you determine if meat is hot or cold? I punched a chicken to death because bullets are for the weak and the pile of guts was not glowing red as usual. Also has anyone had invisible cans of peaches in their inventory?

I noticed the guts not showing red for heat as well, mine had a blue box around them when put down later. It was the same blue box around the extinguished  fireplace I I checked half an hour to forty-five minutes after I avoided and it's owner the first time I saw it.

Logged in and died randomly on the castle scaffolding this morning, good times.  

• Like 1

I shot a zed with the magnum on logout.  Made a mental note next day loging in that I only have 5 shots left.  Go to shoot a zed and it goes click. 

Seems like logging in reset the cylinder so the first shot would be empty.

Not sure with the misfires going on.  

Edited by atomquark
  • Like 2

So uh... what happens when you are climbing a ladder on server restart? I was climbing a ladder and then the server was stopped manually by the admins.

Am I dead now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomquark said:

I shot a zed with the magnum on logout.  Made a mental note next day loging in that I only have 5 shots left.  Go to shoot a zed and it goes click. 

Seems like logging in reset the cylinder so the first shot would be empty.  

Not positive, but since it is double action, I believe you now have to cock the hammer back, which would spin the cylinder and prep the next round. I think you have to do those actions manually now, i.e. by clicking "r". but, i could be totally wrong

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IMT said:

So uh... what happens when you are climbing a ladder on server restart? I was climbing a ladder and then the server was stopped manually by the admins.

Am I dead now?

You probably will be OK and will most likely be placed somewhere just before climbing the ladder.   It looks like the Experimental servers are offline.

• Like 3

Just now, Rammit (DayZ) said:

Not positive, but since it is double action, I believe you now have to cock the hammer back, which would spin the cylinder and prep the next round. I think you have to do those actions manually now, i.e. by clicking "r". but, i could be totally wrong

I was able to fire by just pulling the trigger again.  Just got a feeling it is putting empty chambers first on a restart..

• Like 1

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

The magum should be a single/double action,

Double action, pull trigger rolls cylinder raises and drops hammer

Single action thumb the hammer rolls the cylinder and set the hammer open on it's sear a subsequent trigger pull releases the sear and drops the hammer.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

servers down :*(

*sad trombone* Wa, wa, waaaaaaaaaa 

Got shit to do so, excellent timing for a change guys. 

• Like 6

Damnnnn dayz why you do dis to me ? Just when I was ready to settle down with a nice gory , undead filled game the dayz gods took that chance away from me ... Come back before 2:00 pm est please , that's when I leave for work !

3 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Damnnnn dayz why you do dis to me ? Just when I was ready to settle down with a nice gory , undead filled game the dayz gods took that chance away from me ... Come back before 2:00 pm est please , that's when I leave for work !

Being unemployed has it's advantages!!  Glad I get a pension though..  I can wait all day, gives me a chance to run out and get some chow..

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

*sad trombone* Wa, wa, waaaaaaaaaa 

Got shit to do so, excellent timing for a change guys. 

same  not gonna be home for an hour or so, I hope they don't start the servers back up until then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

If you're cooking the chicken breasts over a fire then the chicken breast will turn a golden color after about 1 minute and 15 seconds of cooking over a fire. Also, as far as I know of chicken guts cannot be cooked or eaten.

Yeah cheers, but I'm specifically talking about the red icon/ background of item which would've shown it was hot. Wondering if the devs will bring it back. Shit now that I think about it I should've tried the heatpack as well. Next time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mean Gun Morris said:

Yeah cheers, but I'm specifically talking about the red icon/ background of item which would've shown it was hot. Wondering if the devs will bring it back. Shit now that I think about it I should've tried the heatpack as well. Next time

Next time I have some chicken guts I will help test it myself to help determine if it's an isolated case or not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mean Gun Morris said:

If you get around to it before I do, try in inventory and vicinity. Things in the vicinity are showing blue for cold apparently. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I completely agree. Most of the encounters I've had so far have been negative as the other players shot at me. I've had 1 positive encounter yesterday on a 1pp server where the guy even gave me a sporter he had as a spare weapon. I also say 3 other players as I ran towards my destination and the 2 closest to me ran their own way and pretty much ignored me and the third was as I was heading to cherno I saw a guy running in the distance behind me and it looked like he might have tried to come towards me but since I wasn't stopping to find out if he was friendly or not I proceeded to keep running. It's a shame that people are resorting to being squeakers lately instead of testing the game and trying to help make it better. I honestly wonder how many of those that are clogging up the experimental servers are actually doing any testing compared to those of us that actually are? 

We already know kos works. If that's all you want to do, go back to 0.59.  Let the rest of us give 0.60 the testing it needs to move to stable.

Incoming... Restart your steam if the update didn't come through automatically.

EDIT: Got in a server, first click... raining like hell... first rain I've seen... definitely some fps hit with the rain.

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2016 at 9:56 PM, cgdeth said:

Anyone else get the

Warning Bad vehicle type Ammo_308Win_20Rnd error message screen when they first load in?

Don't stay in the game if you are searching for 308, it may remove the item from your view. So log out and back in just in case.

If it keeps coming up they will have to fix it. Otherwise no ammo for players with Winchesters, possible crash when looting it if they even see it on the ground.

Arma 3 experience doing custom scripts :)

•  

Played an hour today and in this one hour, 2 freaks got global banned.

So, not only the pewpew kids found exp., script kiddies to....what happend to our exp. servers..

38 minutes ago, wasnu said:
  •  

Played an hour today and in this one hour, 2 freaks got global banned.

So, not only the pewpew kids found exp., script kiddies to....what happend to our exp. servers..

Enfusion happened.

It will likely stay this way until .61 for the most part.

*HEADS UP KOS/ASSHATS - Lots of infected coming to .61!

You'll want to stay on .60 stable when it hits because it is probably the last patch of DayCoDZ where you can just PvP without a care for the infected.

When .61 hits stable I imagine A LOT of tears.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Enfusion happened.

It will likely stay this way until .61 for the most part.

*HEADS UP KOS/ASSHATS - Lots of infected coming to .61!

You'll want to stay on .60 stable when it hits because it is probably the last patch of DayCoDZ where you can just PvP without a care for the infected.

When .61 hits stable I imagine A LOT of tears.

I think the squeakers (KOSers, Pewpew kiddies) will still come to experimental to cause trouble for the ones that are actually trying to test the game so it can get better. Not like they really care though because I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are the ones screaming DayZ will fail, etc. 

• Like 1

If anyone tests fishing rods please let me know if you're actually able to catch a fish and have it appear in your inventory as I've tested twice so far and even though I was successful there was no fish in my inventory.

• Like 2

Third time in experimental, still didnt see any zombies  :(