SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

I'm going to chime in here as I slip on my steel toes at 0630 on a Saturday.

Customers, especially video game customers don't take the weekend off using your product.

Hire some fucking weekend staff or proof builds on Wednesday or Thursday maybe? 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, AnonymousTaurus said:

I do think though that quite a few of the people spamming and obsessively playing this update are streamers and people who aren't at all participating in the bug-checking process. Most just know how well or not well killing other players works. 

I've met a handful of players in my travels who were just running around checking out the new patch.  Two didn't even bother gearing up and were just going on a one-way sightseeing marathon.   I met a freshie in Msta who was typing in global chat and fussing around until he got his mic working just to say he hadn't played in a few patches and that he was impressed with the update.  Yesterday, a different guy in Msta was trying to chase me down and I heard him over the mic, he seemed friendly enough but I was near a meet-up location and didn't want to risk it.   Of course there's always plenty of players who prefer to say hello with a projectile instead of a mic but I'd never expect that to change.  We might hate it when it happens, especially if we are testing something specific but that's part of the experience, part of the paranoia and imo it's part of the fun.  Adapt and survive.  For Science! 

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Excanto said:

Whenever I see the server has not responded for 12 13 14 15 16 seconds...I quickly try to remember where I was about 30 seconds ago..cause that is where I am going to be when I spawn in next. 20 seconds ago I found a great pair of boots, ok those are gone, 10 seconds ago I found a pristine scope, ok that's gone. I'm pretty sure you already know that though :-)

Of course but that is with a planned restart, now those manual restart done by serveradmins are probably more predictable. If I get a "WARNING: server is stopping you will be kicked message" and I'm climbing a ladder I assume that I spawn back on the ladder as well. But I spawned in just at the ground of the ladder so I was lucky.

16 hours ago, BCBasher said:

From everything I've seen or read cholera only gets you if you're low on blood to start with.

The sickness are a joke so far anyway until they stack properly. I got sick when the cooked fish was doing it and just ate raw fish until I was better over and over that build.

Sir, do not mess with cholera in DayZ. That sickness is unbeatable, trust me. I tried it, and couldn't. Perhaps being on low blood wasn't helping but that's why I got cholera in the first place. It strucks you when you're not healthy to begin with so it makes it damn hard. At least the medium and high.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Adapt and survive.  For Science! 

...and that we do, time and time again. I love a challenge!

Spent something like 9 hours yesterday in and out of servers for a total of ~8 hours of good uptime, sometimes for an hour or longer in one go. Gary, IMT, BioHaze, and myself all attempted to gear up with waterproof clothing and seek out a potential new discovery but came up emptyhanded. Somehow I was able to make it back to dry land in the end, and the whole experience was fun as usual. Going to re-evaluate the map and my planning to make another attempt in the future.

Feels good to be back in the saddle with the Experimental crew conducting "science" again :)

Spoiler

ok2Hdfvh.jpg
4ME2AV0h.jpg
ZNM9V9Xh.jpg
hm3Z1bLh.jpg
wLnW4Jlh.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 6

how to get previous version? have 60.133008 

EDIT: restart steam LOL

Edited by jedimfp

10 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Spent something like 9 hours yesterday in and out of servers for a total of ~8 hours of good uptime, sometimes for an hour or longer in one go. Gary, IMT, BioHaze, and myself all attempted to gear up with waterproof clothing and seek out a potential new discovery but came up emptyhanded. Somehow I was able to make it back to dry land in the end, and the whole experience was fun as usual. Going to re-evaluate the map and my planning to make another attempt in the future.

Feels good to be back in the saddle with the Experimental crew conducting "science" again :)

Hidden Content

HEy, wait a second....

you guys all teamed up????

What about me???

Poor me, all alone and only zombies to play with :*(

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Hidden Content

So you made it back? Good, guess my character is still in the water haha. 

4 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

HEy, wait a second....

you guys all teamed up????

What about me???

Poor me, all alone and only zombies to play with :*(

Join TeamSpeak next time so you can come with us.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, BCBasher said:

What other industry do you fire up an untested thing and then lock up and go home for the weekend with it running?

DayZ you are cruel mistress.

See?  New patch today.  You should know better brother, you have been around here long enough. 

• Like 4

The demand for access to experimental branch servers has been overwhelming, and far exceeded any previous experimental branch interest levels.

Bohemia seems, according to the official status report from may 10th, to be surprised how popular this exp. build is. So jeah there are surely more fun gamers than usual, if wasting other players time by killing randomly at the spawnpoints is their definition of fun. But i think there are also, so as i am one of them, plenty of serious bug reporters. That does not mean to have fun dough and exploring the rurals of chernarus.

Edited by mammut (DayZ)

30 minutes ago, IMT said:

So you made it back? Good, guess my character is still in the water haha.

Yep, you're probably fine. Funny thing is, we logged back in after a restart and switched directions (I turned 90 degrees to the "East", or so I thought) and went AFK for a few minutes; when I came back Elektro was right in front of me, and in another 30 seconds I was on dry land. The return trip was suspiciously quick for how far out in the water I believed we were.

• Like 3

just got up and had another 204 mb patch for DayZ queued up in steam. Another patch? I got the one yesterday that started causing folks problems, but thought they were taking the weekend off.

EDIT: Oh, looks like they are rolling back. yesterday's was .133xxx, this mornings is 132xxx

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)

Wish i had thought to come on here last night i woulda joined u guys.  Got a good couple hours game time in.  Had the litch kicking me to main screen but after verifying never happened again.  Finally saw my first fence jumping zed.  AWESOME!  Met several friendly players and even saw some really nice lookin rain.  Killed me a chicken cuz.... well... they just scream "punch me in my stupid chicken face".  I just couldnt help myself.  Noticed that once u get to maybe 30 or 40 yards the sporter iron sights become useless.  Even taking time and going for body shots nothing would land.  Few steps foreward.  Back to perfect headshots.  

While playing with a newfound friend he got hungry and thirsty.  Gave him some food and a pipsi.  While he was drinking my brother said it would be funny to shoot him.  Reluctantly i did.  From maybe a foot away.... right in the face.... nothing but brick spray from behind his head.  We both thought it was funny that i could not kill him while he was drinking so we tried to reproduce with food.  I ended up waiting for a bit for him to catch back up as you can still doe while eating.  Will attempt to reproduce glitch tonight if i can find someone to shoot me while i drink.  Also noticed that the wet status seems to be very delayed.  Was in heavy rain for a solid 5 to 10 mins stayed dry the whole time running in it.  Rain ended and maybe 5 mins later the wet status randomly showed up.  Will test with lakes and ocean tonight.  Also noticed that if an item from your hot bar is in your hands when you log out of a server it will no longer be on hot bar when you return.

Will report bugs but want to reproduce and screen capture first

Edited by FunkInYourTrunk
Forgot
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Yep, you're probably fine. Funny thing is, we logged back in after a restart and switched directions (I turned 90 degrees to the "East", or so I thought) and went AFK for a few minutes; when I came back Elektro was right in front of me, and in another 30 seconds I was on dry land. The return trip was suspiciously quick for how far out in the water I believed we were.

I've not been so lucky.  I'm still lost at sea and I can't see land :)  I can get a pretty good bearing by using the sun or stars.  However ... I have no idea which direction to head.  I've been spun around and I traveled a good hour in several unknown directions last night.  I suppose if I head Northwest I will eventually hit land.

Dear Starvation,

Please come quickly!

Thanks,

Gary

Spoiler

1U23DYx.jpg

Edited by GaryWalnuts
NorthWEST, not Northeast (this is why I'm lost haha)
  • Like 7

I think the delays are one of reasons why they roll back. Yesterday i met a guy who asked to kill him to respawn. I did it with a farming hoe i had found recently. I hit him several times but nothing happend. Some times later while i ended beating him he collapsed along with spilling a blood fountain and a "aahhggg" .. funny and weird :-) 

47 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I've not been so lucky.  I'm still lost at sea and I can't see land :)  I can get a pretty good bearing by using the sun or stars.  However ... I have no idea which direction to head.  I've been spun around and I traveled a good hour in several unknown directions last night.  I suppose if I head Northwest I will eventually hit land.

Dear Starvation,

Please come quickly!

Thanks,

Gary

Hidden Content

Hahaha every time I come here I swear you guys are always chillin/lost out in the ocean!

If I didnt know better id swear you found another map out there and just haven't told anyone....  Suspicious...

Edited by Salty seadog
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Dear Starvation,

Please come quickly!

Thanks,

Gary

Hidden Content

Poor gary i hope you find wilson :P

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Salty seadog said:

Hahaha every time I come here I swear you guys are always chillin/lost out in the ocean!

If I didnt know better id swear you found another map out there and just haven't told anyone....  Suspicious...

They probably found the lost city of atlantis but just don't want to tell anyone because it holds the best loot in the game.

• Like 6

Not bad for exp, got ~an hour and a half of playtime on SW 0-2.  Found a second Lada Spawn point.

Only downside, got executed by some shit bag back shooter while I was chatting with Tatanko.  This was in Sevro.  I had no weapon in hand, no axe no nothing, had on a soft cap and no Balaclava.  This is why I will shoot first and ask later on SW 0-2.  Mr nice guy is gone.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 4

I downloaded the experimental patch, when I run the game, a window appears with the error "error creating direct3d graphical engine". What now?

5 minutes ago, RAZORboard said:

I downloaded the experimental patch, when I run the game, a window appears with the error "error creating direct3d graphical engine". What now?

Try to validate local files in Steam

2 hours ago, Tatanko said:

Gary, IMT, BioHaze, and myself all attempted to gear up with waterproof clothing and seek out a potential new discovery but came up emptyhanded.

Did the new 0.60 coastline create some neat procedural generations?

6 minutes ago, RAZORboard said:

Unsuccessfully

Well,  I don't know what to tell you..  Yesterday I had a BE issue and ended up deleting DAYZ and reinstalling.  Took an hour.

28 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

Did the new 0.60 coastline create some neat procedural generations?

Nothing like Debug Island. We were searching for something more akin to the Grass Pyramid out in the water... a terrain glitch of sorts, within the traditional bounds of the map.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Nothing like Debug Island. We were searching for something more akin to the Grass Pyramid out in the water... a terrain glitch of sorts, within the traditional bounds of the map.

Ahhh that's the island you were talking about... I was thinking "how in the world can he not find Prison Island or even Skalisty :p

Edited by Luc Tonnerre
  • Like 1