SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

13 minutes ago, QUAZIMOFO said:

Wearing full USMC gear and assault backpack I cant stop overheating unless I strip down and dunk myself in a pond or creek. I've lost health to the point of everything going grey from this overheating.

Same problem here, went to creek near Lopatino to cool down cuz I went hyperthermic. It would really be nice if it would RAIN.

I was looting up around Stary Sobor, checked the heli crash site, then went into the treeline next to town and noticed someone in the hunting stand. I tried to KoS him, but my Repeater w/ damaged ammo kept jamming after every other shot. I decided to bail as the dude was running straight for me like a maniac, and eventually made my way to Pogorevka where I found a heli crash and another survivor running straight to it. With all my ammo damaged, I decided to just put my weapons away and approach him. I ran straight for the guy, who had an M4, and he put his weapon away as soon as he heard me. From there, we looted the heli crash together, he let me in on his plan to fix up a car, we ended up accidentally finding a Lada, and drove to Myshkino before the server dropped. To me, it just goes to show how extra challenges in the game can make other people look like a source of help, not just running loot bags.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, smoq2 said:

Without going into detail, throwing around feedback that half of the promised product is already worth the asked price for the complete one sets the premise to either rise the price or stop any further work and capitalize on the rest of the product's life cycle while keeping most of the allocated funds for further investment - enticing to make bank and run.

That's the thing, selling products before they are finished gives you more room to fail, because it won't be so much a disaster economically (unless all the money have already been spent). It's a bit different when you search for investors because they wont take the risk if there ain't going to be almost guaranteed profits.

I kind of hear you on the argument of the danger when people saying that they already got their moneys worth from it and it decreasing the effort of developers but if the product wasn't available to large audiences from early on the devs would have more pressure to make a killer product before it's released to masses.

Nevertheless I have got fun out of DayZ for the moneys worth and I honestly believe these kind of comments would (should) drive the devs to go forward with the product when they know that they already done something right.

Edited by benedictus
  • Like 4

Finally i got lucky to spawn in late last night and just now. Looking nice and smooth. No big bugs detected. I asked myself how could i play with shuttering earlier versions? But due to the fact that there are a lot if dudes hoppin aroung, i got killed about 10 times. Mostly KoS. So i guess i won't be nice either ... suit yourself :-). Well if one don't find a gun at the spawn point i guess it's better to run into wilderness first before start to loot. But again, i like this build. The spawn system feels more realistic. I'm exited to see 0.61 with the Wolfes hitting the game. No more sweet hiking in the rurals :-)

• Like 1

What, STILL all servers full? DayZ server guy(s), when will you add a few (2-5) servers more? :) Still can't play... :/

More than 1380 players...

Day_Z_FULL.png

Probably experienced by others, but some observations:

i)  MP5 scopes still don't work.  You can attach them, but red dots and crosshairs are invisible for me; coupled with the screwed up iron sights, it makes that gun pretty worthless.

ii)  Items take a bit to register in the UI, meaning no more running over stuff with your inventory open to see what's on the ground.

iii)  Doors can take a while to register as well.  Tried unsuccessfully to lock several infected in a firestation.

iv)  People still can't shoot worth a damn.  Was at NWAF, admittedly a hot spot, but it is EXP, when some guy opens fire.  I do not have a gun in my hand.  I run around him for a bit asking why all the violence.  He never responds, so I run off across the tarmac, in the wide open, zigging and zagging.  I'd guess he fired around 20 times.  He did chip my leg.  Maybe if you're that bad at the PVP side, you shouldn't play as a KOSer.  

v)  Loot is everywhere, but in small quantities.  On one run through NWAF, looking in most tents, I saw scopes and mags for AK101, AKM, and M4, but very little boxed or loose ammo - then again, it was obvious there had been a lot of killing (so maybe I was just late to the party).  Still haven't seen a combat knife or any .308.

vi)  Wearing any type of vest seemed to cause me to get hot.

vii) But, the best part of the day?  I opened a car trunk and found a sporter, with a scope, and a mag with 4 shells in it.  That was really cool to find a complete set.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

. To me, it just goes to show how extra challenges in the game can make other people look like a source of help, not just running loot bags.

Also, it just gets boring to try and murder everyone.  Especially when there is a new build out, I'd rather run around and see new stuff.  I spawned near Svet the other day.  I wanted to see Cherno, but rather than run down the coast like a meat target, I decided t go W then S.  I've still only made it to the Vybor area because almost everyone I see opens fire - normally, if you open fire on me, your ass would be dead as fucking fried chicken, but these people happened to pull this shit while I'm in a transitional period so I don't wanna kill them, I wanna help them.  :D

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Excanto said:

Something is not right, the last 3 days I have been shot at about 9 times from snipers and only hit once? Several times I was sure I was hit, but no holes. A couple days ago I had a chipped leg and was still able to run and evade. I wonder if assault vests are actually stopping rounds? If I can find a rifle that matches the bullets I have, I will test out that new firing range :-D I have a crap load of bandages and can's of food. I guess the reason I am over heating is cause I have some kind of sickness. Time for another bath. 

I might agree on that one, combat is very weird at the moment. I saw a dude running yesterday which didn't seem to be one of us but I was not sure. Went to check it out and he was in a room looking at the ground or something at least not my way and a second later I get shot by him while he was still not looking in my direction. Went out of the house but decided to pin him down so went back in, peeked and we both shot. He obviously shot more than me because I heared some clicking and thought it was either empty  or jammed so I rushed in and killed him. My vest and M65 jacket were badly damaged and I was hit because my screen was desaturated but only a bit. I wasn't bleeding though. To be honest, I think I haven't been bleeding from gunshots this patch, it might be bugged.

A bit later we were in Berezino with the intention of killing some zombies but boy what a mistake. When checking Berezino from the outskirts it seemed quiet but when we went in there was a lot going on. When there were players close to us I aggroed a zombie and BioHaze shot it with his suppressed Skorpion but we displaced because I thought players would have heared it. We went up in a red house (the one with 2 doors and the steps) and both covered a door. We heared footsteps outside and a player opened the door. I immediately went a bit to the right to see him and opened up on him with my AKM. I shot 4 or 5 bullets and stopped and he wasn't even dead. At that point me and BioHaze were both shooting at him and after a few more bullets he was finally dead and BioHaze went unconscious but patched him right up.

Now in all the firefights I had I noticed a lot of weird shit. People shooting me while they should have not been able to do that, people still running after being hit by an high caliber round a few times, etc. It might just be desync or high ping but I'm not sure. I think you can still fire off some rounds after you go down because that is how the guy with the shotgun at Tisy base managed to break my legs. It all happened in 1 to 2 seconds. The guy needed to turn to me, raise the gun and shoot. While I was already aiming for the door and waiting for him to appear and when he did I started spraying. So yeah, combat might be bugged but I can not tell for sure.

9 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Been playing dayz for 20 or more stable releases now and had not untill now tried experimental.  Wow was that a mistake.  I did not find getting into a server to be very difficult i just had to be persistant for 5 to 10 mins.  Got fantastic performance and it looks way better than .59.  The loot seems a little more scarce to me but i was only on for an hour or so and i enjoyed the challenge.  Met 2 friendly people which was a pleasant surprise as it jas been a long time.  Had some rubberbanding but only right after joining server.  Once they iron out the wrinkles and the servers are crash free this will be best patch to date i think.  The devs have really outdone themselves.

You definitely need to try it in the future. Experimental is always great, specially if you meet up with some people from the Experimental forums.

8 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

snip

I did check his pulse but it said Unknown Entity already and I immediately checked it after bandiging you up. They need to change that so that it persists with the body. Why the guy could go so many shots in at you I don't know, I think it was desync because of my ping compared everyone else, if he was from the US. It was an AKM by the way. Had 23 bullets in the mag after the firefight so 7 out of the mag and 1 in the chamber, 8 bullets in total. So I guess for me 4 bullets each time I shot (once at him in the door, the other time in the corner). According to WOBO's guide it takes 2 AKM shots to a fully geared player to take them down and it is hard to miss someone standing one meter away from you. His gear except for his shoes were totally ruined by the way. He took shots in the legs, chest and head.

2 hours ago, mammut (DayZ) said:

Finally i got lucky to spawn in late last night and just now. Looking nice and smooth. No big bugs detected. I asked myself how could i play with shuttering earlier versions? But due to the fact that there are a lot if dudes hoppin aroung, i got killed about 10 times. Mostly KoS. So i guess i won't be nice either ... suit yourself :-). Well if one don't find a gun at the spawn point i guess it's better to run into wilderness first before start to loot. But again, i like this build. The spawn system feels more realistic. I'm exited to see 0.61 with the Wolfes hitting the game. No more sweet hiking in the rurals :-)

Most of our group are also at a point where we will take almost no chances anymore. Of course I'm still not the kind of bandit who shoots unarmed players. But every player who is holding his gun is now a potential threat for me and I either wait until they're gone or I kill them. How ever, I do warn fresh spawns not to try anything funny and warn them if they try I will not hesitate to kill them. Actually I scared a poor fresh spawn yesterday as I was coming into a server with Dudester and there was a guy out there. When he came in the house he had an AKM pointing at his face and it frightened him but when I saw what he was wearing and he was talking to us I lowered my gun and we had a bit of random chatter before he went his way.

7 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Also, it just gets boring to try and murder everyone.  Especially when there is a new build out, I'd rather run around and see new stuff.  I spawned near Svet the other day.  I wanted to see Cherno, but rather than run down the coast like a meat target, I decided t go W then S.  I've still only made it to the Vybor area because almost everyone I see opens fire - normally, if you open fire on me, your ass would be dead as fucking fried chicken, but these people happened to pull this shit while I'm in a transitional period so I don't wanna kill them, I wanna help them.  :D

I hate to break it to you Thurman but at the moment any player holding a gun can't be trusted in the current Experimental build. I hope this will change soon so we can actually do the shit we always do. I have to say, I have never had so many encounters these past days than I ever have had before. Some of them were friendly, most of them not.

On a positive side, these encounters make my aim better and my tactical decisions. What these KOS bandits are actually doing now is making someone who knows how to be unseen and sneaky to an unseen and sneaky player with good aim and tactical decisions. Not good on their end, not good at all.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 8

Hey guys, I think we should give the KOSers/Pewpew Kids/etc. one name to identify them since they all act like one thing. What thing might that be you ask?

Well, since none of the KOSers will talk and even the few that do but still end up shooting anyway we should start referring to them as squeakers as even the ones who are adults will resort to violence instead of talking it out and not resorting to violence or if they do talk it's to get us off our guard so they can shoot you. If they were true men/women then they would open up a conversation and even trade for what they might need instead of opening fire like a squeaker would just so they can feel big and bad about their "big" accomplishment even if the other player is defenseless. 

So what do you all think of the new classification for KOSers/Pewpew kiddies?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, IMT said:

I hate to break it to you Thurman but at the moment any player holding a gun can't be trusted in the current Experimental build. I hope this will change soon so we can actually do the shit we always do. I have to say, I have never had so many encounters these past days than I ever have had before. Some of them were friendly, most of them not.

I always assume no one can be trusted.  I do have around 1000 hours in game.  I just get annoyed by people who are boring; especially on EXP.  ;-)

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, IMT said:

I completely agree. Most of the encounters I've had so far have been negative as the other players shot at me. I've had 1 positive encounter yesterday on a 1pp server where the guy even gave me a sporter he had as a spare weapon. I also say 3 other players as I ran towards my destination and the 2 closest to me ran their own way and pretty much ignored me and the third was as I was heading to cherno I saw a guy running in the distance behind me and it looked like he might have tried to come towards me but since I wasn't stopping to find out if he was friendly or not I proceeded to keep running. It's a shame that people are resorting to being squeakers lately instead of testing the game and trying to help make it better. I honestly wonder how many of those that are clogging up the experimental servers are actually doing any testing compared to those of us that actually are? 

• Like 2

I very much wish my available game time was more predictable as i would love to meet up with the people on these forums.  Have been keeping up and reading the forums daily since i started playing and everyone seems quite friendly.  Gonna do my best to try and get in a good gaming sesh this weekend maybe i will see some of you then.  

Very much looking foreward to the wolves next patch.  Would like to see the woods become a dangerous place.  It is too easy to spawn in and just run inland to the good loot.  You should have to loot the coast a bit just to be able to survive to make it inland.

Positives so far for .60:

-FRAMES!!! Finally able to play at decent framerate.

-ammo scarcity.  Only found a single bux of .22 in an hour.

-Less canned food.  Have not seen a single can.

-zeds.  In the big cities they are awesome.  And the sounds really get the heart thumping.

Negatives:

-Have noticed that night seems significantly darker when holding a light source.  You are unable to see outside of the light projected yet if you drop light source you are able to see fine.

-hotkeys seem slightly unresponsive

-common server crashes

So far very happy.  Will keep searching for issues.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

I always assume no one can be trusted.  I do have around 1000 hours in game.  I just get annoyed by people who are boring; especially on EXP.  ;-)

I'm actually always open to having a conversation rather than having a epeen stroking contest. If I have something you need then I will probably trade you for something I may need if you have it or even just give it to you regardless. If more players were like that then dayZ would be a much more interesting game but unfortunately with all of these squeakers running around it's hard to have a decent conversation with anyone.

• Like 4

Also, am I just a dumbass or is the only way to take an item out of your hands in the Inventory screen to drag it to your back/pack?  There's no way to just one key/click it back in place is there? 

1 minute ago, Thurman Merman said:

Also, am I just a dumbass or is the only way to take an item out of your hands in the Inventory screen to drag it to your back/pack?  There's no way to just one key/click it back in place is there? 

I've had that problem a few times on the 1pp I'm currently playing on but on the 3pp server I normally play on I usually have no problem with it.

31 minutes ago, IMT said:

But every player who is holding his gun is now a potential threat for me and I either wait until they're gone or I kill them.

Just curious if you also hold your gun? :)

I have tended to keep mine out, b/c yesterday I had a guy chasing me for like 5 minutes with a knife. My character was stuck in some kind of animation holding an imaginary can of soda and I couldn't fix it while running.

I am not a KOS'er myself, but I will admit, there have been a couple of times where I shot first and asked questions later, in this branch. My first day, I ran into like 5 people and all were friendly. We talked MOAR FPS for a few and went on our merry ways. Yesterday, I got kos'd 3 times in a row, so I'm much more itchy on my trigger finger now. Keeping a gun out if I have one... I just don't want to get caught off guard and prefer the other guy to know I have the drop on them if they are moving about more casually. At least then I get to decide that we aren't going to kill each other, rather than trusting *anyone*.

I was in a police station in Dolina and heard a guy running around last night... I had my gun trained on the door. He ran in, I shot at him. then yelled "I dont' want trouble!" :) He ran off. I ran off.

If I'm pinned in a building, I just don't trust it, and I shoot. If I'm in the open, I get suspicious of bambi's striking up a convo with me and setting me up with their buddy hiding in the treeline ready to snipe me...

Has been fun. Best thing is being able to move about buildings with smooth performance.

• Like 2

Finally I arrive on Tisy!

Find some weird trees....

FkulUll.jpg

Bv0Ejeo.jpg

Find a SVD too!

TZY0EjC.jpg

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

iv)  People still can't shoot worth a damn.

Yup. Always been that way, probably always will be. I'm okay with it ;)

40 minutes ago, IMT said:

Experimental is always great, specially if you meet up with some people from the Experimental forums.

14 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

I very much wish my available game time was more predictable as i would love to meet up with the people on these forums.

Experimental is best with friends, and you won't find a better group of people to play with than the regulars from this section of the forums. We love to test, we try and take the high road when it comes to interactions, and we're always happy to show people around so they can maximize their time spent playing on this branch. Hopefully you get a chance to join in! :)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dunabird said:

Finally I arrive on Tisy!

Find some weird trees....

Hidden Content

That black rectangle in the top right of your screen, I get that on some servers too.  Anyone know what it is?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thurman Merman said:

That black rectangle in the top right of your screen, I get that on some servers too.  Anyone know what it is?

I just realize that's on the top of the aim distance of your weapon. But I don't know anything more...

• Like 2

Finally got in for a decent run last night and decided to see what Skalatisy Island has to offer these days. Would have stuck to one server but that wasn't possible until later last night, during my involuntary hopping early on loot seemed consistent across servers.

First off chickens! Heard 3 between servers, killed one with a hatchet of all things.

Powdered milk, cowboy hats (yeah!), and raincoats with ammo and sodas in the pockets everywhere. Some of the boats are spawning loot in the bay, puking raincoats actually.

Temperature is definitely out of whack, hot and damp at the same time?

Input and hotbar lag varied server to server between unplayable and seamless. 

Energized, healthy, and hydrated without  leaving the island, kind of wish they got rid of the spawn there, most don't appreciate it for how cool it is and just KOS or suicide to get off the rock anyway. Saw and avoided 3 other players, they didn't see me as far as I could tell. I heard a random burst from a a Rak or Skorpion so I laid in some bushes for a half hour cooling off later found his fire at the well but never crossed paths. Think he must have swam over also as I don't see a 380 auto spawning on the island.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

Just curious if you also hold your gun? :)

Isnip

Actually it depends on the location and the moment. If I'm not far from populated places where people PvP, I will have my gun out. So around military bases and high populated area's like coastal area's or the towns next to these. But if I see someone and mostly they haven't seen me I either wait until they're gone or will decide to shoot them if it will be a potential threat while we're both there.

36 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Experimental is best with friends, and you won't find a better group of people to play with than the regulars from this section of the forums. We love to test, we try and take the high road when it comes to interactions, and we're always happy to show people around so they can maximize their time spent playing on this branch. Hopefully you get a chance to join in! :)

I fully agree on that. DayZ was getting a bit stale for me until I started playing with you guys, a whole world opened up for me. Before all that I was a lonewolf and playing with a group made the game fun for me again.

I guess he can always come on TeamSpeak to get to know us and to meet up in-game by this way. Send me a message FunkInYourTrunk or anyone else for that matter who likes to do a lot of stuff normal groups usually won't do. I can either give you the IP of TeamSpeak or my Steam and give you the information later on.

I do hope we can soon start testing some things we couldn't until now like persistence for example. Time will tell us. :)

Edit: I added my Steam to my profile on here, feel free to add me.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Thurman Merman said:

If you press page up or page down it will zero in your weapon for the distance selected. It just shows the current distance that the weapon is zeroed in for which usually starts at 100-200 for rifles.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

noticed it last night. If you have a gun (may have to be loaded. not positive though), you get the status in that top right corner. All the text there is backed by black boxes. they all fade out, except for that one. That was my experience. I believe it is the box that backs the zeroed range of the weapon you are using.

• Like 2

Hey there fellow testers! Finally managed to get in on .60 and wow just wow. Top job Devs, the extra servers are a god send too thank you. I'm still getting the memory error but running in windowed mode slowed it down enough for me to get an hour of testing in. How do you determine if meat is hot or cold? I punched a chicken to death because bullets are for the weak and the pile of guts was not glowing red as usual. Also has anyone had invisible cans of peaches in their inventory?

3 minutes ago, Mean Gun Morris said:

Hey there fellow testers! Finally managed to get in on .60 and wow just wow. Top job Devs, the extra servers are a god send too thank you. I'm still getting the memory error but running in windowed mode slowed it down enough for me to get an hour of testing in. How do you determine if meat is hot or cold? I punched a chicken to death because bullets are for the weak and the pile of guts was not glowing red as usual. Also has anyone had invisible cans of peaches in their inventory?

If you're cooking the chicken breasts over a fire then the chicken breast will turn a golden color after about 1 minute and 15 seconds of cooking over a fire. Also, as far as I know of chicken guts cannot be cooked or eaten.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1