SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

11 hours ago, smoq2 said:

I'm happy for you. You're a living example that in order to be happy one should not expect much from anything, and that's a fundamentally good thing. However, it also strengthens the rampant trend of under delivering among companies, and that's fundamentally bad. As abstract it might be, consumers should expect and demand from companies to make good on their word and deliver on what they sell in full for the price they ask. Unless in time we want to be charged the same for less and less. It's only logical if clients are always happy with half the product...

Disclaimer: I'm not implying BIS is not making good on their word with 0.60, as they are. The above is just an "econo-philosophical" remark. 

My opinion is that I have two choices 1. Wait for it to come out and then buy it. 2. Get in Alpha, understanding what few seem to understand and experience Dayz before people that choose 1.

• Like 2

Had no luck getting on during prime time.

Some 1PP servers went belly up as I was trying to join and then they died all together.

Hopefully I'll get on tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BCBasher said:

It seemed to be letting up last night, I've had horrible luck up until then.

Reliving some "DayZ things" at consistent 30+ fps has really got me exited about this game again. 

Thanks. Maybe I'll give .60 a shot. I'm just goofing around on .59 and dying (no pun intended) to try the update. 

11 hours ago, IMT said:

Uploaded some new screenshots again: http://imgur.com/a/37oP1

Check out my album of screenshots, the last one is an house with a fire at night.

the birghtness of that house is basically asking to be killed by bandits

yes, probably some server issues - there are many servers who went permantly down in the last 6 hours. 

Edited by ori42

2 hours ago, koffeekage said:

has the moon always had phases? did i never notice that before?

As far as I know of it's never had phases

I have decided to never help another player out unless it's a planned thing after trying to help a player find food only for his sorry ass to shoot me twice.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, smoq2 said:

The above is just an "econo-philosophical" remark. 

A lot has changed from the times of alphas and betas being limited to only handful of lucky people that applied into them or got the key some other way. Now that we have stuff like kickstarter and other crowdfundings it's easier to start developing stuff (games, movies, backpacks looking like ballsacks etc) with the money you've otherwise wouldn't have.

Some have made a bank and ran with the money, some have just failed and some of them have made successful products.

• Like 1

"Connecting failed" "The maximum number of players has been reached"

*Sips beer*

*Dies of old age*

• Like 1

4 hours ago, benedictus said:

A lot has changed from the times of alphas and betas being limited to only handful of lucky people that applied into them or got the key some other way. Now that we have stuff like kickstarter and other crowdfundings it's easier to start developing stuff (games, movies, backpacks looking like ballsacks etc) with the money you've otherwise wouldn't have.

Some have made a bank and ran with the money, some have just failed and some of them have made successful products.

I never referred to closed product testing. Don't know how this made it into the discussion, but anyway... I don't question the nature of EA. I mean, making MVPs is the common and most logical way of doing projects now and that's fine. However, entertainment industries are plagued with companies that, as you said, "made bank and ran". Without going into detail, throwing around feedback that half of the promised product is already worth the asked price for the complete one sets the premise to either rise the price or stop any further work and capitalize on the rest of the product's life cycle while keeping most of the allocated funds for further investment - enticing to make bank and run. That's the whole problem with being easily satisfied in the economy. I only think that we, as consumers, should be more demanding because that's the only way to make companies make good on their word.

I believe BIS is taking the first route and will be increasing the price as development progresses until it no longer becomes beneficial.

Edited by smoq2

2 hours ago, AnonymousTaurus said:

*Sips beer*

*Dies of old age*

one day ill get in...

14 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

HEY GUYZ

Good news! (of course they will also be full all the time ;) )

15 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

HEY GUYZ

I had literally 18 hours of completely guilt free free time yesterday, got in for a whopping 3 minutes in the evening.

Thanks guys but your timing sucks as always :( 

Something is not right, the last 3 days I have been shot at about 9 times from snipers and only hit once? Several times I was sure I was hit, but no holes. A couple days ago I had a chipped leg and was still able to run and evade. I wonder if assault vests are actually stopping rounds? If I can find a rifle that matches the bullets I have, I will test out that new firing range :-D I have a crap load of bandages and can's of food. I guess the reason I am over heating is cause I have some kind of sickness. Time for another bath. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Excanto said:

Something is not right, the last 3 days I have been shot at about 9 times from snipers and only hit once? Several times I was sure I was hit, but no holes. A couple days ago I had a chipped leg and was still able to run and evade. I wonder if assault vests are actually stopping rounds? If I can find a rifle that matches the bullets I have, I will test out that new firing range :-D I have a crap load of bandages and can's of food. I guess the reason I am over heating is cause I have some kind of sickness. Time for another bath. 

I think the character temperature is out of whack again.

The little bit I've got to play I ran around in t-shirt for over an hour at night and didn't get cold then swam to Skalatisy in sad shape with out decent cloths and barely got cold. I then ran around on the island for over an hour wet with no consequences. I've done this swim hundreds of times and even with hot cans or heatpacks during usually need a fire within minutes after to avoid "I am shaking" or worse.

• Like 3

Yei thanks for the servers. Finaly managed to play almost 2 hours straight. No major problems at Cherno. Didn't see other players. Few zombies and a chicken. No guns, no ammo. Would be nice to see what server you are on when playing. But i know... not a major thing. There's lot more important things to fix/add. Positive start with the new renderer.

The servers I am playing on are not staying up for long right now.

Sessions seem to be 20-30 minutes before the server crashes.

14 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I have decided to never help another player out unless it's a planned thing after trying to help a player find food only for his sorry ass to shoot me twice.

Meh, you can't let yourself get too salty about betrayal. It happens.

• Like 1

Fishing Rods are usable in any type of body(ponds, rivers, lakes, sea(ocean))  of water it seems. Below are a couple of images as proof.

Spoiler

Dm7s3ZD.jpg

HbME4tS.jpg

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 4

Been trying for 3 evenings now to get on a server to take a look at 0.60. Not a chance.

Feck this. Seriously.

Edited by ParaB

1 minute ago, ParaB said:

Been trying for 3 evenings now to try 0.60.

Feck this. Seriously.

You must not be trying for very long because I haven't had trouble getting in even though sometimes it takes a while to get in.