SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

2 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

You must not be trying for very long because I haven't had trouble getting in even though sometimes it takes a while to get in.

yea, not sure what all the people are doing wrong. I literally never have to try more than 5 minutes to get on a server. And I only play 1st person, so I have even less servers to choose from.

weird

• Like 2

Three evenings, each one ~45-60 minutes trying to connect to a server every 10 seconds.

Not once did I manage to connect to a server. I give up.

8 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

yea, not sure what all the people are doing wrong. I literally never have to try more than 5 minutes to get on a server. And I only play 1st person, so I have even less servers to choose from.

weird

If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any is the story of my life, that appears to be a factor.

1 minute ago, ParaB said:

Three evenings, each one ~45-60 minutes trying to connect to a server every 10 seconds.

Aww muffin you need a hug?

6 seasons of Archer and many clicks and beers have got me in for maybe 3 hours.

looking forward to seeing if the 30 extra servers help this evening.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, ParaB said:

"...I give up..." ???

You are definitely no DayZ material. Alpha experimental seperates the boys from the man for sure :p

You have to look at it as if it were a crucial part of the game (which in fact it is)  :D

(did I hear someone mention 30 additional servers?)

Edited by Luc Tonnerre
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, ParaB said:

Princess, Don't give up as every time you try to connect to a server you're providing them with useful data that they will use to make server joining better in the future. Sure it can be frustrating, but in the end it will all be worth it so just relax and go watch a movie then try again later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Princess, Don't give up as every time you try to connect to a server you're providing them with useful data that they will use to make server joining better in the future. Sure it can be frustrating, but in the end it will all be worth it so just relax and go watch a movie then try again later.

Or do both, I watch cartoons on my laptop with my hand resting over the enter key on my desktop. 

• Like 4

After those new servers I just have to try about 15/30min to go in... And thats the good news! :)

Edited by dunabird
  • Like 3

Ow do, personally I find 10 mins ish with a low ping server doing the enter Slam trick suffice. Awesome play tonight, have a rifle and scope with no ammo 3 loaded pistolas am energised and hydrated, found tisy slopes and had to ice 2 zombies one of which jumped a fence to eat my face, plus she seemed to be wearing the shitty clothes that no one picks up :) plus love that when you nail someone's ass to the floor ( she hit me first boys) when you check pulse it tells you who they were. Also 38 to 120 fps on a crap CPU with a r9 380..... EPIC!!!!

Edited by Luc1fer

Quick question! I've heard good stuff about this patch. How does it fare for cars? Is there still a lot of desync and stuff? Or does it appear to move smoothly and such?

2 minutes ago, Espa said:

Quick question! I've heard good stuff about this patch. How does it fare for cars? Is there still a lot of desync and stuff? Or does it appear to move smoothly and such?

No more desync.

Didn't find any cars, just buses and trucks, but cant find batteries or plugs...  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Espa said:

I've seen vehicles but as the OP will tell you, there is still problems with vehicles and they probably won't be fixed for a little while.

Well, I'm glad that desync was ironed out and such. Really looking forward to this hitting stable. Not going to experience .60 till then.

It'll be super great when the vehicles are running as smooth as like GTA or something of that genre.

Also happy that .61 will feature the AUDIO fix. . Hopefully that'll really amp up the direction, sound, and ambience of much of the game. - And Dynamic Zombie spawns. Mmm. Cannot wait.

2 hours ago, Espa said:

Well, I'm glad that desync was ironed out and such. Really looking forward to this hitting stable. Not going to experience .60 till then.

It'll be super great when the vehicles are running as smooth as like GTA or something of that genre.

Also happy that .61 will feature the AUDIO fix. . Hopefully that'll really amp up the direction, sound, and ambience of much of the game. - And Dynamic Zombie spawns. Mmm. Cannot wait.

hmmmmmmmmm...

As much as I would love to confirm this but I had lots of problems with desync since 0.60 hit the fan. Mostly Zombies punching thin air where I was standing 5 seconds before and still breaking my limps.
Also I've managed to stalk a group of players and I could hardly keep track of them because the desync made it look like they were sliding and teleporting all over the place.

On another note, does anybody experience flickering shadows (like in the builts before), or can still see those grey graphic bugs at those chain-link fences (like when the fence is not see-through at a certain distance)???

Also for me light/shadows in buildings seems to be bugged still. Not sure if it has to do with my ingame setting or my NVIDIA Experience setup.

• Like 2

I don't know if it was possible before but now you can skin and quarter animals with a improvised knife.

• Like 1

Loads of lag on servers today. I played on five different ones and only one was really playable. The lag was so bad that when you went to open a door, you clicked on it, then went down the street and ten seconds later it opened. This also caused quite a lot of trouble with inventory, things appearing and dissappearing in it.

The improvised knife has always had the same functions as a normal knife.

I've found offroad car, sedan and bus, and batteries for both truck and car, spark plug and glow plugs and loads of different wheels but NO TOOLS!  Most cars come with a lugnut tool in the boot, why cant these?

Edited by Killawife
  • Like 2

I found a Lada on a dirt road, found everything I needed to get it running again.  Lug wrench, tires, batteries and plugs.  Used a tire kit to fix up the tires but HAD to remove the tires that were on the Lada and put them back on to stop tire spin/sliding when trying to drive.  What I have not found are headlights.  Lucky for me this Lada already had some and with night being what it is now...  As far as cars coming with lug wrenches, yew they do.  Sometimes though they don't fit.  True story, I was driving down I95 between Houlton and Bangor Maine, a really desolate stretch of road.  Blew a tire, went to change it, had 2 lug wrenches in the trunk, NONE of which fit, I chucked them both into the woods.  Yeah that sucked ass.  This was years and years before mobile phones...

Anyhow, driving was pretty smooth as long as I was careful....

Desync, yes, someone axed me to death while I watched him do it from 10 meters away.  So yeah, desync.

Most servers up at once I showed today were 57. 

Why is the Assault pack bigger than the Hunters Ruck Sack?  Assault pack has 32 slots while the Hunters ruck has 30.  The ruck should have 35.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 3

It`s possible to test now which is great - and here is a late evening coast image! :)

15ag7l.jpg

Edited by ori42
  • Like 9

Been playing dayz for 20 or more stable releases now and had not untill now tried experimental.  Wow was that a mistake.  I did not find getting into a server to be very difficult i just had to be persistant for 5 to 10 mins.  Got fantastic performance and it looks way better than .59.  The loot seems a little more scarce to me but i was only on for an hour or so and i enjoyed the challenge.  Met 2 friendly people which was a pleasant surprise as it jas been a long time.  Had some rubberbanding but only right after joining server.  Once they iron out the wrinkles and the servers are crash free this will be best patch to date i think.  The devs have really outdone themselves.

• Like 3

A minor vision bug: The ghillie wrap block the view from the left side on a 1st. person server - worth to mention. It`s very hard to see anything through the wrap with ALT key to the left side with a wrap weapon on your shoulder. 

I`ll take a new image in daylight and post it here - so it`s easier to see for Dayz devs.

j5lbup.jpg

2mrw4tu.jpg

I can swap the wrap to my AK, of course, and no issues, but if I use two gun wraps - then u have the vission block. How to fix - if the weapon on your shoulder is more behind your back - so u don`t look directly at the wrap to your left side. :)

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Been playing dayz for 20 or more stable releases now and had not untill now tried experimental.  Wow was that a mistake.  I did not find getting into a server to be very difficult i just had to be persistant for 5 to 10 mins.  Got fantastic performance and it looks way better than .59.  The loot seems a little more scarce to me but i was only on for an hour or so and i enjoyed the challenge.  Met 2 friendly people which was a pleasant surprise as it jas been a long time.  Had some rubberbanding but only right after joining server.  Once they iron out the wrinkles and the servers are crash free this will be best patch to date i think.  The devs have really outdone themselves.

Ya for sure 0.60 is a lot better version now in my opinion even at its current state compare to 0.59. Yes, get off the coast and u will have no issue to find items - also much easier to find netting too which is fun.   

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

I played for 9-10 hours today with Dudester, IMT, GaryWalnuts, GirthBrooks, and Emuthreat. There were many server crashes throughout. Some game sessions lasted about 15 minutes while others lasted for hours. We played mostly together but at times got split up due to circumstances. Item swapping is far improved AND items are going to the slot you put them in again!! Dudester found a shirt that if he removed it and put it back on while you watched, your game crashed. I think IMT has video. 3 of us crashed while watching him take it on and off. It started when his torso appeared transparent and he tried to take his shirt on and off to fix the bug. The 3rd person to try the magic shirt was Gary, who even put a sack over his head so as not to witness the awesome power of the shirt but this was not enough to escape the awesome client crashing abilities of the magic shirt.

I finally saw the new military base and it's pretty massive with a lot of interesting new features. While looting barracks there Brooks came around the back of one to unintentionally get the drop on this guy who was scoping in on Gary with a Winchester.

Spoiler

Gv8iyyB.jpg

I think someone checked his pulse but I don't recall the name....

At one point I suggested we check out the infected population in Berezino, fully understanding that players would likely be about as well. Emu split up from IMT and myself and ended up clipping off a balcony due to standing near and infected corpse. After killing a couple infected IMT and I spotted some players and ducked into an orange house with the 2 entrances. I am personally convinced he saw us as he came almost directly to the house we were in. We held our guns on opposite doors not knowing which he would come through or if he had a friend. When he came through the door IMT was guarding he must have saw me first as he opened up with an MP5 right into my back. IMT then shot him with the SKS as I wheeled around trying not to spray wildly with my AK. As I spun and leveled on him, I saw 2 blood streams and he crumbled in the opposite corner. I went unconscious and IMT bandaged I did not get a pic of his body or check his pulse before the server reset. Now we did not want to spawn in with the chance this guy or a friend of his was waiting for our helpless bodies to appear so we took a break.

I logged back in first and decided to try to make it north to the woods to heal. As I was heading north a fresh spawn started following me and began taunting me to kill him. He followed me for a minute and I warned him to leave, he still persisted so I turned around and shot him a couple times with the AK but tried to keep my distance as I was very low on blood. Shooting him either killed him or deterred him somehow and I was finally able to find a spot to heal for a few minutes while IMT logged back in. He basically insisted on trying to loot for a saline bag in Berezino and ended up having just missed another random guy while making it out with a saline bag but no IV.... Finally, I get directions to a pond from Emuthreat where I can cool down and heal and stay there for a good twenty minutes slowly getting my color back. (It actually took me over an hour to heal in total.)

Out of all of us, I think Dudester is the only one of us to die to KoS today, and multiple times. He had some terrible luck with people who just pop him with a head shot randomly when we weren't around.

I'm glad to have survived the KoS'rs for such a long session but I look forward to surviving versus infected much more.

I get burnt out when experimental devolves into full CoD/KoS stable grab ass party.

^This is certainly not what I came to DayZ for.

Here are some pics from the days sessions.

Spoiler

Qul2mqh.jpg

XyJHUZm.jpg

iz8eJOm.jpg

D1JFCbg.jpg

sPKhZLf.jpg

^The current distance a chemlight is visible.

Spoiler

KjPORCJ.jpg

vxS9lgH.jpg

^All hail the great overlords who dwell in the skies of Chernarus.... the trees!!

Spoiler

n7L89W5.jpg

FfE2uoi.jpg

^Just because it's the apocalypse it doesn't mean you can't enjoy a home cooked meal!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, Killawife said:

Loads of lag on servers today. I played on five different ones and only one was really playable. The lag was so bad that when you went to open a door, you clicked on it, then went down the street and ten seconds later it opened. This also caused quite a lot of trouble with inventory, things appearing and dissappearing in it.

The improvised knife has always had the same functions as a normal knife.

I've found offroad car, sedan and bus, and batteries for both truck and car, spark plug and glow plugs and loads of different wheels but NO TOOLS!  Most cars come with a lugnut tool in the boot, why cant these?

I was on a UK server with 237 ping and had that delay with everything. Eat beans and about 5 seconds constant delay in every move I make. To fight a zombie with that delay you have to swing where he isn't and hope he is when actually swing. I just run and hide and log if I find that delay, because I won't last long. I only find a lug wrench when I have no way to carry it. I have about six 3rd person servers with under 100 ping to chose from and when I got on tonight it was as usual, very fast response, no delay. When I open a door, sometimes I am so amped up that I open and close it at the same time and it just pops half way open and slams shut. What the ping on the servers you have lag on?1

• Like 1

My overheating seems to have gone, maybe I got over it or maybe that I am still damp, it is holding off the heat. I've been getting shot at so much the last 2 days that I decided to just head off into the woods and try my luck at becoming a hermit. I wanted 1 more try on the way out on some military buildings at Zelenogorsk. My best useable weapon for the zombies was a shovel. I take 1 down and see a player come out through some opening and make a quick turn and duck into some bushes. Someone else was there and started texting and I dove into cover and the server crashed. Came back in and tore through those buildings as fast as I could and found an M4,, slipped a 60 round mag into it that had 11 shots and felt better and replaced my ruined pants and found an FNX and a Steyr and then headed out and right as I came to the corner of a building a player came around the opposite way and blew off about 10 rounds past my ear, he spun and I saw the wall light up and I got around the corner before I was hit and I saw the wall in front of me start smoking as I made the next 90 degree turn, zig zag zig zag, must fired 25 shots at me and I slipped into the darkness with 1 zombie on my tail. I made it up into the tree line and put my acog scope on and took a look down and watched 2 players tag team around. A bit later someone was either using a flare or a flare gun, but from at least 500 yards away I could see it light up the whole place. I can't believe I made it out of there with some weapons without any holes in me, yet again. Thanks for the extra servers!

Edited by Excanto
  • Like 6

Wearing full USMC gear and assault backpack I cant stop overheating unless I strip down and dunk myself in a pond or creek. I've lost health to the point of everything going grey from this overheating.