SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

17 minutes ago, barnabus said:

I am digging on all the map changes and tweeks.  It would be nice if this were a regular kind of thing.  I was running around Pusta in the dark and bumping into all kinds of new shit.  It's nice to have to get to know the map again.  I'd love to see a civilian terminal at the SE end of Balota AF. 

Yeah, the few changes I saw were really interesting.  I got totally disoriented in Tulga!  Tried to make it over to Cherno, but got sidetracked in Elektro when I found a fishing rod.  So, of course, I stopped to dig for worms, and . . . wait for it . . . *BAM*  "You are dead."  :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Yeah, the few changes I saw were really interesting.  I got totally disoriented in Tulga!  Tried to make it over to Cherno, but got sidetracked in Elektro when I found a fishing rod.  So, of course, I stopped to dig for worms, and . . . wait for it . . . *BAM*  "You are dead."  :D

I spent some pretty serious time running around Tugal.  Even ventured down to the bottom of the trails to take pictures.  Kind of surprised I made it out alive given it's so close to fresh spawn points.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, barnabus said:

I spent some pretty serious time running around Tugal.  Even ventured down to the bottom of the trails to take pictures.  Kind of surprised I made it out alive given it's so close to fresh spawn points.

Although that particular location I wish hadn't changed.  No one browsed around in the woods to the east of there; there were plenty of fir trees that went all the way to the ground.  It was my favorite barrel hoarding locale.  I never had one robbed in probably a few hundred hours of play on both the DayZUnderground and UN servers.  Gotta find a new place to stash my loot, as my preferred groves are no more.  

• Like 1

They are still there from what I could see Thur, Just to close to points of interest in that area so people will nosey round there.  It's a shame.  Looking forward to see your new place when you find it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fing said:

They are still there from what I could see Thur, Just to close to points of interest in that area so people will nosey round there.  It's a shame.  Looking forward to see your new place when you find it.

We're gonna have to find a new spot to store up the greatest collection of loot Chernarus has ever seen.  Not sure why we do it though; you run around without a gun half the time, and I never feel comfortable carrying anything we have less than 3 copies of.  If anyone ever does find a Fing/Thurman camp, their head will explode.  :D 

• Like 2

We are the kleptomaniacs of Cherno and I agree Thur unless we have 3 of the same items stashed away it does not go out with us lol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fing said:

We are the kleptomaniacs of Cherno and I agree Thur unless we have 3 of the same items stashed away it does not go out with us lol.

I can't say anything about being a kleptomaniac since yesterday I had about 4 of everything I was saving up until I lost some of it.

So I saw it asked pages back about animals on Skalatisy Island, in an hour I didn't see any in the dark. I logged out hungry with a barrel in hand so I'd like to hang around there for a bit.

I forget is there an apple tree or red berries there?

*edit* and 2 beartraps can't remember scheduled reset time and would like to check if they still spring and degrade on a reset.

Edited by BCBasher

3 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I can't say anything about being a kleptomaniac since yesterday I had about 4 of everything I was saving up until I lost some of it.

I'm just glad they took out the vestception glitch.  Before barrels and tents, I'd run around with 4 high capacity vests in my bag (and 1 I'd wear with primary pistol, mags, ammo, and water botle):  1 with an SMG; one with medkit, protector case with secondary pistol and 2 mags, compass, matches, and 2 peaches; one full of standard ammo and mags; and one with high end attachments and mags.  That toon must have been hale and hearty - sprinting around with around 80 kg of loot on him.  :D

I don't think they have fixed the problem.  Because when I connect to a server I don't get past the loading screen no mater whether the server is full or not it just hangs there. Oh well I will try again tomorrow.

I am looking forward to playing this patch but don't have the patience some of you guys have. Keep up the good work finding bugs for the rest of us. In the meantime I am staying at .59 though it's pretty lonely on the 1p server I'm on.

1 minute ago, cage53 said:

I am looking forward to playing this patch but don't have the patience some of you guys have. Keep up the good work finding bugs for the rest of us. In the meantime I am staying at .59 though it's pretty lonely on the 1p server I'm on.

It seemed to be letting up last night, I've had horrible luck up until then.

Reliving some "DayZ things" at consistent 30+ fps has really got me exited about this game again. 

and

Edit:

Have fun peeps and maybe I will see you in Chernarus! :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Has anyone tested whether or not we can still hear other players when we're killed?

How do you mean, like talking in direct communication after you go unconscious or die?

1 minute ago, IMT said:

How do you mean, like talking in direct communication after you go unconscious or die?

Like when a player kills you and tries to talk crap since you can't say anything to put them in their place. are we still able to hear what they say whenever it says someone is dead.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Like when a player kills you and tries to talk crap since you can't say anything to put them in their place. are we still able to hear what they say whenever it says someone is dead.

Not sure about this one.. Next time that the unfortunate situation arises, I will test it out though.  :)

46 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Oh, I remember this hitchhiker thanking me all sarcastic likefor my truck and Mosin in a Caribbean accent way back.

Just about flipped my desk.

I don't pick up hitch hikers anymore.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Oh, I remember this hitchhiker thanking me all sarcastic likefor my truck and Mosin in a Caribbean accent way back.

Just about flipped my desk.

I don't pick up hitch hikers anymore.

personally I really like the fact that you can still hear other players talking after you are dead. For me this is a unique and quiet crucial part of the game play.

This is the only game I know of that messes with your emotions like anger, paranoia, fear, feeling superior, in such a realistic way that I once actually smashed my keyboard so hard that it broke.

I like

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

personally I really like the fact that you can still hear other players talking after you are dead. For me this is a unique and quiet crucial part of the game play.

This is the only game I know of that messes with your emotions like anger, paranoia, fear, feeling superior, in such a realistic way that I once actually smashed my keyboard so hard that it broke.

I like

I behave myself with my led screens and half decent keyboard and mouse but back in the day I grabbed a ball mouse by the cord and whipped it against an old glass monitor. Had a welt on my chest that looked like paintball bruise.

I haven't actually been killed that many times by other players because I hide and run even on empty servers. I will say some of the realest feels good or bad have come from that after chat or lack of it.

"Get a mic, no one reads that" was super helpful when I first started.   

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 3

On 5/9/2016 at 6:52 AM, Ironhuge said:

This is what I was the most afraid of. If this only applies to one type of zombie, it's a bug. But if it is what I am thinking, they have lowered the render distance so much for performance gains that it will literally not show anything but terrain and objects beyond that distance. Have you tested this with players? I'd hate to run in a forest and not be able to see players in a town, unfortunately I have not been able to connect to any .6 servers because fuck players *amiright?*, but the render distance was one of the first thing I was gonna test.

I have seen players from very far off, yesterday I saw a white splotch while I was naked and jogging to a pond because of overheating, the white splotch was another naked person probably doing the same thing. I'm not sure if that helps but I always have objects on very high.