SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

It's been quite a wait, we know. Still, we hope you'll enjoy taking 0.60.132867 through the wringer as it's released.

Please keep in mind that 0.60 contains the first iteration of the new renderer and as such you will encounter loads of bugs. In that regard; we highly value your feedback as always and even though our new tracker is not quite ready to go live yet, you can file all the bugs you come across in the following sub-forum and we'll make sure to sweep them up: (http://forums.dayz.com/forum/151-060-experimental-bugs/)

As mentioned before, for the arrival of the new renderer, the aim has been at visual parity with the old renderer, and all the guys on the team have worked hard in order to make sure that the launch of 0.60 makes an impact both in terms of performance as well as visuals, and what we hope that you'll focus on for the 0.60 Exp. version will be subjects such as performance issues, visual bugs, U.I. functionality bugs, as well as bugs for the Central Loot Economy (loot zones and items spawns for example).

Also, please do remember to update all your drivers as well as Windows before you go have a crack at 0.60 (please see the last known issue on the list).

As for known issues, please have a look at the following list:

- Client: FPS may drop to zero when clouds are enabled.

- Error Message: “Cannot open object dz\plants\dead\d_fagussylvatica_fallen.p3d”.
- Error Message: “unable to load WoodTwinOpen from CfgActionSounds”.

- Animals: Some animals can get stuck in obstacles.

- Character: Freshly spawned character can be visually naked.
- Character: Pistol on 'Hip' slot is placed under feet on the characters model.

- Environment: Character is able to look through walls when wielding a ranged weapon.

- Infected: Infected can hit you at a distance when you go from prone to stand.
- Infected: Infected can lose their texture.
- Infected: Infected run through walls after getting stuck on stairs.
- Infected: Hits registering with a delay when infected attacks player.
- Infected: Infected attack at a distance for the first couple of attacks.

- Items: Items swapped in the in hands slot during action can disappear permanently.
- Items: Items disappear after swapping (from ground to inventory for example).
- Items: Suppressors have no effect..

- Menu: Server browser - Missing "icons" for servers (Passworded, Bad version).

- New Renderer: Paramedic infected are visually disappearing at a certain distance.
- New Renderer: Some damaged, badly damaged and ruined items have texture as pristine.
- New Renderer: Attachments on weapon are twitching.
- New Renderer: Visual bugs - shadows, textures (flickering, missing for example), light.

- Server: Items are not persistent after server restart.
- Server: Ammo/magazines are not peristent after server restart.
- Server: Corpses are frozen in their last pose after reconnect (standing/kneeling for example).
- Server: Desync: Player sees another player in climbing animation.
- Server Browser: Remote tab doesn't work properly.

- Throwing: If a weapon is thrown after swapping (weapons), it can get stuck in hands.

- UI: New UI: Player is not able to dress another unconscious/dead/restrained character.
- UI: Redundant Action "view content" is present.

- Vehicles: Global Issue: Vehicles suddenly stop moving.
- Vehicles: Characters can't get out when the vehicle is stuck between obstacles.
- Vehicles: Players driving vehicles will have a delayed view of other players driving vehicles.
- Vehicles: Global: Input delay while driving with another car in close proximity.
- Vehicles: Driver experience tiny rollback when getting close to another vehicle.

- Weapons: Global Grenades: Grenades will do their function only if thrown.
- Weapons: Flash Grenade: inconsistent blinding effect.
- Weapons: Ranged: Reloading and chambering weapons on the ground isn't registered until character takes weapon into hands.
- Weapons: Bolt/pump action, internal mag based weapons can shoot two shots without appropriate action taken.

- Bolts/arrows are not being rendered inside weapons.

- There's a risk that you get a client crash when connecting to servers if the initial installation (as in, literally the first installation you ever do) of DayZ is the current 0.60 Experimental version. Try fixing by updating drivers and Windows, revert to 0.59 on Stable branch, log on to a server, log off/shut down DayZ, upgrade to 0.60 on Experimental branch.

• Like 12

Downloading....... Only a matter of hours ;)

11 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

Pinch me!

10 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

Hey Tatanko, get your camera ready!

*Pinch* ;)

Feels good to be back! Can't wait to work with you all again!

• Like 4

How do we join lol? Seems to all be locked :(

EDIT: Sorry ahaha had to change ping because they are in the UK :)1

Edited by G-Eazy (DayZ)

Holy Shit. Is this real or a realy bad 4th may joke?

SMoss, would you be able to comment on whether or not the in-progress network performance updates are in this build? I'm guessing probably not, but I figured I would ask.

Yes, downloading - you need many experimental servers though - interest is huge, @SMoss

I can't find any servers and there is a constant humming noise while in main menu, anyone else?

2 minutes ago, Konfucious K said:

I can't find any servers and there is a constant humming noise while in main menu, anyone else?

I expect that the servers are still down for maintenance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedoutBill said:

I expect that the servers are still down for maintenance.

Fair enough, getting over excited I guess... on a side-note the water and rendering looks GRRRRREAT!

whatever you guys do make sure to post mucho images and vids. I wont be able to play a lot for the next weeks :( Also it will be impossible to get a server slot for sure.

spread the glory

Are the experimental servers up later this evening? 

If you can't find a server go into filters and set it to default. They should pop up after that.

• Like 1

Greetings, developers :)

There is problem, when game starts, DayZ get this error:

[INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\ProgramData\sulpnar\Duostock.dll".

What it means? Is this another bug?))

type experimental in filter - normally it should pop up exp. servers.