boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Try click on filter type in ping 220 u will get the US server list too if u are located in EU. 

If his ping is that high, then he needs to play in his own country. Don't encourage him to play in servers with a 220 ping. We don't want him.

On reloading a weapon...

I tried out the new UI and removed the bullets from my Winchester. I couldn't get them back in. No dragging or anything like that would do. But I set the .308 rounds to "5" in the hotbar and when the rifle was in my hands, pressing "5" would automatically make my character put the bullets into the rifle and load it

Edit: This also works with the MP-133 and the Sawn Off. The former doesn't have the reloading sound or animation in, though. 

Still, reloading seems to be much better. I like it. No more of this awkward dragging in the inventory. This system rewards preparedness and familiarity with your own hotbar. 

Edited by Rags
  • Like 2

On reloading a weapon...

I tried out the new UI and removed the bullets from my Winchester. I couldn't get them back in. No dragging or anything like that would do. But I set the .308 rounds to "5" in the hotbar and when the rifle was in my hands, pressing "5" would automatically make my character put the bullets into the rifle and load it

Edit: This also works with the MP-133 and the Sawn Off. The former doesn't have the reloading sound or animation in, though. 

Still, reloading seems to be much better. I like it. No more of this awkward dragging in the inventory. This system rewards preparedness and familiarity with your own hotbar. 

I was using -newui tonight. I was able to load my Mosin (in my hands) by dragging ammunition from my inventory. Assigning the Mosin (in my hands) to a hotbar slot wouldn't work, though.

Also, I can confirm that the Press Vest can protect you from an IZH rifle shot with a 7.62x39mm round. 

dsO1XgL.png

Vest was Ruined afterwards, and half the food inside was Damaged. It was night and I was using the new UI, so I couldn't really tell if it hurt my actual body. Morning came soon and my vision was fine, though. 

P.S. Shortly afterwards I gave this gentleman an industrial strength earhole fucking with a .308 caliber rifle bullet.

0e7OXjO.png

Edited by Rags
  • Like 4

This evening I spent several hours running around Berezino. Other than one mysterious soul in Kamyshovo right after I spawned, I didn't see anyone all evening. Part of that is due to being on SNG 0-1 with only about 20 other people -- one of few servers not full or close to it. Surprisingly, very little issues with desync or performance in general. Everything was fairly solid. GaryWalnuts helped me get on my feet, and BleedoutBill kept me company on the chat after Gary left so it wasn't too bad ;)

Now, the reason I ran around the city is because it got a second huge makeover that hardly anyone has talked about. The entire south end of the city and everything surrounding it was given a major renovation. I'll have a full album ready for tomorrow if you want to see it all, but for now I have some other photos from the night's session. See if you can spot things that are... different... with these shots. No hints  B)

Eml9thH.jpg

dZzUMwT.jpg

C33P3eo.jpg

s8oIiZc.jpg

PyRma3f.jpg

Th42mjJ.jpg

• Like 9

played 6 hours spawned in got shot, re spawned made it to the green house west of the N E airfield was in the house when the server reset  came back in under the house more than an hour later 2 guys came by and i told them i was trapped  two frags and a lot of shooting i was still trapped  alive I thanked them for tying to kill me later i passed out and then i died . talk about two deaths one wasn't wanted and the other was wanted LOL. Spawned in Prigorodki this time and ran north to meet up with my three buddy's . This patch is very playable  and i look forward to all the improvements to come  

ps i'm 75 and legally blind and i play 1st person and i have 753 hours in dayz so far

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
  • Like 14

I've seen many YouTubers talk about this, but not much chatter on the forums... The Skorpion SMG seems like it should take a bit less inventory space, especially considering the ability of its buttstock to fold over the barrel. Love the gun, though. I have it as a primary weapon and it has saved my ass more than once XD. The recoil seems to be nice and controllable. Honestly one of my new favorite guns.

• Like 1

Im geting super massive lag before entering any city, for few min. Either that city is small or big. Anyone else geting the same ?

Edited by metalica24

Wait, with the new UI, can you change the interface size? There doesn't seem to be an option for it.

I'm playing on a 27 inch screen with 1440p, so the inventory and options are really small. Especially the inventory. The words and pop up menus are TINY. Plus, I can't even see the icons half the time. They are so small I can't tell what they are. Or what condition they are in! Just a moment ago I found a gun on the ground and I couldn't tell if it was a Repeater or a MP-113. On my hotbar and my inventory, it's hard for me to tell the bullets apart!

What the fuck, this isn't by design is it? I have all this real estate on my screen and it's cramming the inventory into this little box in the center? There is NO reason I shouldn't be able to see my entire inventory with a screen and resolution my size. 

• Like 1

Anyone else getting low-res Winchester textures? This is quite annoying.

• Like 5

The infected apparently ate them, and my stuff... several are missing.  Theory being, load up the 75 player servers, acquired data, review and adjust for next build.

It's not coming back either. What a brilliant idea to start shutting down exp-servers when they are always full to the brim...

Something changed with the load on CPU that's killing the dual core which is what made me think of the comment on trees, 

I cant get rid of those freezings. If they changed something that will be that hard on CPU I might say goodbye on dayz....

Anyone else getting low-res Winchester textures? This is quite annoying.

I've noticed this on the Sporter as well.  I can tap my ~ and switch between texture resolutions.  I recently (and finally) followed some FPS guides so I assumed it had to do with that.

It doesn't bother me too much but it is certainly noticeable.

• Like 1

I cant get rid of those freezings. If they changed something that will be that hard on CPU I might say goodbye on dayz....

Can't you get a proper computer? Dual Core is really not what I'd recommend to play a game like DayZ. Don't blame the game for running it on hardware that doesn't run the game. 

played 6 hours spawned in got shot, re spawned made it to the green house west of the N E airfield was in the house when the server reset  came back in under the house more than an hour later 2 guys came by and i told them i was trapped  two frags and a lot of shooting i was still trapped  alive I thanked them for tying to kill me later i passed out and then i died . talk about two deaths one wasn't wanted and the other was wanted LOL. Spawned in Prigorodki this time and ran north to meet up with my three buddy's . This patch is very playable  and i look forward to all the improvements to come  

ps i'm 75 and legally blind and i play 1st person and i have 753 hours in dayz so far

Next time you get stuck in a house , equip any weapon , and use the suicide option, ( F11 ) its much faster. 

try deleting your config file in My Documents/dayz 

• Like 2

My thoughts about this iteration:

- Good desync improvements, still needs to get better.

- not seeing a zoombies

- i already found a loot explosion, if someone is willing to join and figure the reproduce method, pm me.

Badly damaged explosive grenades seem to work fine... just in case anybody was wondering :D

Tried to play today , first time since last update 

Completely unable to load game . 
Deleted .config file again 

put in -newui

game loads 

jumps into server quickly 

1 fps for several minutes, session lost 

retry several times 

same 

exit game. restart pc 

load game... stuck on black screen

hard restart, delete config , remove -newui

game loads , 

3 fps , session lost... 

I dunno whats going on 

Can't you get a proper computer? Dual Core is really not what I'd recommend to play a game like DayZ. Don't blame the game for running it on hardware that doesn't run the game. 

No I cant! Game run fine until this update. I can play Arma 3 fine. 

okey guys, i take one word back, i saw zombies now. but i can add this things to the list:

- invisible zombies

- droping items have a bad desync or something like that

- i'm loving this new shortcuts with numbers

Discussions around CPU usage probably should be in the troubleshooting forum, but considering this appears to be new for.59, maybe Bones will let it slide.  Apologies, but I can't get too bent about this on dual core machines.  We are talking about technology that is pushing 10 years old at this point. No offence intended towards anyone, but this level of hardware is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Listening to the demonstration videos from Hicks, in my opinion, CPU & GPU utilization will only increase as BI pushes the technological envelope of the engine and renderer.  With densities increasing, foliage, item spawn increases, infected counts all going up, the math seems obvious.  I do agree however that something significant changed from .58, possibly with how threading is currently implemented, offloading to the CPU.  Hicks was very clear in his message and did say that balancing this was a priority.  Reading between the lines however, it is apparent that this is going to be difficult with everything going on in-game due its scale.

6z7jJRk.jpg

• Like 4

Tried to play today , first time since last update 

Completely unable to load game . 

Deleted .config file again 

put in -newui

game loads 

jumps into server quickly 

1 fps for several minutes, session lost 

retry several times 

same 

exit game. restart pc 

load game... stuck on black screen

hard restart, delete config , remove -newui

game loads , 

3 fps , session lost... 

I dunno whats going on 

If you're completely stuck try deleting (or renaming if you want a backup) two of the configs.

Obviously the DayZ.cfg and also your username.DAYZPROFILE

I'm not sure what the .vars file does so I can't recommend messing with it.

Make sure the game is completely closed down while you do this.

Also, remove all of your launch parameters not just the -newui

That should set everything back to default, good luck! 

• Like 2

I feel like the proprieties of the developers is ass backwards. STOP ADDING GUNS AND BUILDING CARS ECT! WE CANT PLAY DUE TO SHIT FPS! Fix the game breaking FPS issue.  >:(

Edited by xRyan99

I hope whoever ran up on me at the heli crash at SW 0-1 this morning is reading this because I would have given you some food or other supplies if you needed them. I would suggest that in the future you scout out both sides of the crash since I'm sure you didn't see me standing there at first.