boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I hear ya bud, no one has seemed to notice this that I play with either. Yet it drives me nuts.

Just don't understand the logic in locking the aspect ratio.

I expect that they are just trying to make the game configuration easy, by automatically selecting the aspect ratio based on the resolution specified by the end user. Judging by many of the vids and screen shots that I've seen posted here, that's probably a welcome change for a very large number of us, indeed. Still, it's always nice when developer assumptions can be easily overridden by directly editing the the config files.

If you've uncovered a bug don't whine, report it at:

http://feedback.dayz.com

• Like 6

I expect that they are just trying to make the game configuration easy, by automatically selecting the aspect ratio based on the resolution specified by the end user. Judging by many of the vids and screen shots that I've seen posted here, that's probably a welcome change for a very large number of us, indeed. Still, it's always nice when developer assumptions can be easily overridden by directly editing the the config files.

And I certainly would report it...... If it was a bug. Read the dev tracker and it's been specifically stated that they intended to lock this down.

I can't see how removing the option to manually change the aspect ratio from the user settings and forcing you to modify a .cfg file is helpful to the masses. Having an option to have it automatically selected would be nice, but there should always be the option(in the menu's) to turn it off and manually change it to your fitting.

Thanks for the friendly feedback amigo.

Edited by Mad Vlad
  • Like 2

Just disable scaling/ select aspect ratio scaling in your driver settings or pick the correct, native resolution for your monitor, problem solved.

There really isnt a problem in locking aspect ratio at all.

hc5O09k.png

I hear ya bud, no one has seemed to notice this that I play with either. Yet it drives me nuts.

Just don't understand the logic in locking the aspect ratio.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 2

Hi all,

wanted to ask what you think bout about the new walkie-talkie care package? didnt dig the whole thread, point me if it had already been discussed.

i tried it and stopped now. alotta trolling, once lead me to a trap. got many elektro shocks in the past...

greets

I suppose its a good idea to make people communicate but for me it has not made any difference. Some noise in it and an annoying squeaker spreading dung. I tendt o toss it right away for the slot. The rag was much more useful.

As for the new UI it doesnt really add anything either, I cant see the point of the blocks. It seems to run a bit better so I suppose it will be mandatory soon but they need to fix the statuses and the ability to reset the blurry screen by going into video settings. I ate and drank for an hour without the blurriness receding. Changed to the old UI and it was gone right away.

Also the ability to spin your character in the inventory doesnt work in the new UI.

And I certainly would report it...... If it was a bug. Read the dev tracker and it's been specifically stated that they intended to lock this down.

I can't see how removing the option to manually change the aspect ratio from the user settings and forcing you to modify a .cfg file is helpful to the masses. Having an option to have it automatically selected would be nice, but there should always be the option(in the menu's) to turn it off and manually change it to your fitting.

Thanks for the friendly feedback amigo.

Because, as evidenced by their posts, "the masses" have absolutely no idea what an aspect ratio is, much less, whether they need one, or not.

As I said, I'm all about giving advanced users the ability to manually edit the config files in order to resolve problems, or compensate for unusual hardware configurations. Does the game overwrite your edits if you write protect the config file; has the aspect ratio data been completely removed from the file, or does the game just ignore these data?

BTW - I'm not sure that I understand this comment, "... I certainly would report it...... If it was a bug." If the game is correctly selecting your aspect ratio, please help us to understand why you are intentionally trying to run a non-standard aspect ratio. What benefit do you derive from this apart from distorted geometry?

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 4

I suppose its a good idea to make people communicate but for me it has not made any difference. Some noise in it and an annoying squeaker spreading dung. I tendt o toss it right away for the slot. The rag was much more useful.

As for the new UI it doesnt really add anything either, I cant see the point of the blocks. It seems to run a bit better so I suppose it will be mandatory soon but they need to fix the statuses and the ability to reset the blurry screen by going into video settings. I ate and drank for an hour without the blurriness receding. Changed to the old UI and it was gone right away.

Also the ability to spin your character in the inventory doesnt work in the new UI.

On balance, I don't find that giving squeakers the ability to insult everyone at once, rather than individually, has enhanced my enjoyment of the game.

The monochrome, blurry screen is an intentional feature, which the devs want us to experience. Also, the rate of blood regeneration was intentionally nerfed a few builds ago, so recovery time is now significantly longer. Therefore, I wouldn't expect these mechanics to change substantially. I would ask, however, that the devs give consideration to the possibility that if the screen is so blurry that we can not differentiate whether we are standing in front of a house, or a tree (or even if we are standing in front of anything at all), then perhaps the degree of blurriness is slightly excessive.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 1

BTW - I'm not sure that I understand this comment, "... I certainly would report it...... If it was a bug." If the game is correctly selecting your aspect ratio, please help us to understand why you are intentionally trying to run a non-standard aspect ratio. What benefit do you derive from this apart from distorted geometry?

I'm curious about this as well. Why are people upset about the locked aspect ratio?

• Like 5

Ammo is too rare this patch, I spent ages searching for it, literally completely looted four towns (not on coast either) and I didn't find any ammo which fit my Winchester in all of 3 hours of searching...

I'm going to stop playing if this rarity makes it to stable,

Yep, Brian has been tinkering with the amount of ammo, so that could be the reason. As he mentioned a while ago: "Surviving in Chernarus is intended to be difficult. I want you to value each bullet..."

He does keep an eye on the spawn ratios and such, so if it turns out that there is way too little ammo (or any other item for that matter) around, he can tweak those numbers.

• Like 2

Something I noticed in 0.59: I found a lot of 9mm rounds, and they were full 40. Haven't found any 9mm boxes. I found magnum bullets, and they were full 30. And I've heard in this thread that people are finding full 40 winchester rounds, so yeah that's what.

Something I noticed in 0.59: I found a lot of 9mm rounds, and they were full 40. Haven't found any 9mm boxes. I found magnum bullets, and they were full 30. And I've heard in this thread that people are finding full 40 winchester rounds, so yeah that's what.

I dunno, we had one guy in 33 pages say he can't find the exact ones he wants fast enough and threaten to rage quit.

Sounds pretty serious to me.

• Like 6

Few hours of gaming and I only have some .308 ammo. Good times :)

Edited by Girth Brooks

Yes, I've found boxes of both .308 and 9mm, so they're definitely in the game, but to your point (which is, I assume) loose ammo seems to be more common than boxed ammo.

• Like 1

I have been digging through the game files again and have something interesting for Tatanko.

He wanted to know how a snare trap exaclty worked.

First of all you or any other player need to be more than 100 meters away from your trap.

Second it has a 120 seconds + 1 to 300 random seconds wait time so 7 minutes in total.

Third it decreases with 0.35 everytime you use it so maximum of 3 uses before it is ruined.

Fourth the percentage of succes is NOT random, it depends on the surface.

Boulders = 10 %, mud = 15 %, forest = 50 %, grass = 35 %, grit = 10 % and (next to a) stone road or something = 25 %.

If someone wants to know something please ask, I'll try and figure it out.

I'll post back if I find other interesting things. :)

Yep, Brian has been tinkering with the amount of ammo, so that could be the reason. As he mentioned a while ago: "Surviving in Chernarus is intended to be difficult. I want you to value each bullet..."

He does keep an eye on the spawn ratios and such, so if it turns out that there is way too little ammo (or any other item for that matter) around, he can tweak those numbers.

Keep in mind: perhaps people are just not looking hard enough.

I went from Prigorodki to outskirts of Elektro to Pusta to Mogilevka and finally Vyshnoye.

I found 3/4 stacks of 40 9mm ammo, 2 stacks of 40 .380 auto rounds and 1 stack of 40 .308 Winchester Rounds.

In my opinion that is more than enough ammo. If it isn't enough than people should learn to aim.

People should look harder because the majority is blind. The perfect example was a person who didn't see me standing outside when I was 2 meters away from him.

Besides, less ammo means more fun and perhaps more bow and arrow.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5

I fell from a stair not stairs and I broke my leg. All good, I got used to that but my screen turned grey while it still shows that I'm healthy. So the question is, am I really that low on health while it shows visually that I'm fine?

Yes, I've found boxes of both .308 and 9mm, so they're definitely in the game, but to your point (which is, I assume) loose ammo seems to be more common than boxed ammo.

Thanks.

I have been digging through the game files again and have something interesting for Tatanko.

He wanted to know how a snare trap exaclty worked.

First of all you or any other player need to be more than 100 meters away from your trap.

Second it has a 120 seconds + 1 to 300 random seconds wait time so 7 minutes in total.

Third it decreases with 0.35 everytime you use it so maximum of 3 uses before it is ruined.

Fourth the percentage of succes is NOT random, it depends on the surface.

Boulders = 10 %, mud = 15 %, forest = 50 %, grass = 35 %, grit = 10 % and (next to a) stone road or something = 25 %.

I'll post back if I find other interesting things. :)

Keep in mind: perhaps people are just not looking hard enough.

I went from Prigorodki to outskirts of Elektro to Pusta to Mogilevka and finally Vyshnoye.

I found 3/4 stacks of 40 9mm ammo, 2 stacks of 40 .380 auto rounds and 1 stack of 40 .308 Winchester Rounds.

In my opinion that is more than enough ammo. If it isn't enough than people should learn to aim.

People should look harder because the majority is blind. The perfect example was a person who didn't see me standing outside when I was 2 meters away from him.

Besides, less ammo means more fun and perhaps more bow and arrow.

Good work, thanks for sharing! That terrain information is particularly useful. :beans:

In response to criticism about the quantity of ammunition spawning, Hicks had this to say, "Don't get your undergarments in a bunch - We're just trying to get the ammo balance to a level where each round has a value. <3"

So, it would seem that marksmanship will quickly become an increasingly important skill. On a related note, discharging firearms in an urban setting, as well as keeping automatic weapons fed, will both become increasingly challenging activities.

• Like 5

So, it would seem that marksmanship will quickly become an increasingly important skill. On a related note, discharging firearms in an urban setting, as well as keeping automatic weapons fed, will both become increasingly challenging activities.

PVPers will cry. Rest of us will loot for car parts, tools, survival gear (gas cookers, pots, pans), building materials....

• Like 7

Dont mind the rarity of the ammo too much for the rifles, but finding a pistol mag is proving to be the holy grail of DayZ!

I did manage to find one though. Im currently nursing this thing up north, buried deep in the woods like an angry senile hermit...

Red 9 ftw.

• Like 2

PVPers will cry. Rest of us will loot for car parts, tools, survival gear (gas cookers, pots, pans), building materials....

I used to packrat everything I found. I double-carried guns, used mountain bags and shoved everything and all the ammo i could find, id always go for AK's and such. Now, i wear summer hunting clothes, I use an improvised backpack, and I use a Winchester with hunting scope and at most 80 rounds, which is only 2 slots and plenty of ammo for a bolt action.

• Like 2

Constant "session lost" messages in multiple servers, if i manage to log back character seems to run few meters by it self.  Seem to happen in every server.

Any magic to solve this problem?

Constant "session lost" messages in multiple servers, if i manage to log back character seems to run few meters by it self.  Seem to happen in every server.

Any magic to solve this problem?

make sure your connection is clear. Servers can be a bit laggy atm.

greets

I'm curious about leather coloring and animal spawning.

You can color leather clothing with birch bark, regular bark, and nails, but the problem I am having is that my leather clothing is coming out in different shades. (example, my black leather jacket is pretty much black, but my black leather sack is burgundy, even though I dyed them both with nails.

I have been hunting animals constantly, and rabbits happen to be the msot reliable right now because I can only ever find one goat or pig or sheep at a time if I am lucky at all of my old hunting haunts. Are you able to discover animal spawn locations or mechanics?

Has anyone figured out how to read the status indicators in the new UI? As far as I can tell they're static and don't reflect my characters status.