boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I hope whoever ran up on me at the heli crash at SW 0-1 this morning is reading this because I would have given you some food or other supplies if you needed them. I would suggest that in the future you scout out both sides of the crash since I'm sure you didn't see me standing there at first.

What was the person wearing?

What was the person wearing?

I remember seeing bright colors, maybe an orange dry bag...not sure. I can say that their weapon was shouldered and they yelled something to me in a panic. It was the crash just West of Green Mountain.

I remember seeing bright colors, maybe an orange dry bag...not sure. I can say that their weapon was shouldered and they yelled something to me in a panic. It was the crash just West of Green Mountain.

Wasn't me then. But yeah, I ran up to a crash site careless as well because meh, don't care if I die. :lol:

Not sure if that was SW 0-1 or SW 0-2 though but it has been quite a while like 19 hours ago, just after the update.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

This patch is very playable  and i look forward to all the improvements to come

I'm finding this experimental very unplayable. Much respect to everyone playing it! I guess I'm pretty disappointed at all the server stress from infected. I'm going to take a break.

Where are people finding .308 rounds in this patch? Winchester Rifles seem more common than 0.58, but the ammo is gone for me. 

Where are people finding .308 rounds in this patch? Winchester Rifles seem more common than 0.58, but the ammo is gone for me. 

I've found 2 boxes so far in houses and possibly a car too.

• Like 1

I found a package up in the north (stary yar) its very rare at the moment. I have searched for it 3 days. At least it contains now 40 rounds .308  :) 

since im not a KoS guy this lasts for a while ;)

• Like 5

Now do tell me because I love this rifle so much.

Where can I found ammo for the Mosin 9130?

I've been carrying a Winchester too, I've found .308 only 3 times since exp began.

They've all been loose rounds, none boxed, but every time it's been 40 rounds  :)

Twice found in cars and once on the stove of the green split level house (with the stairs leading up)

• Like 3

guys, anyone had something like this ?

your desyncing badly

best to find a safe spot, run away best you can to the forest and log off, reconnect. Not always your fault.

Edited by TheSneakyDude
  • Like 1

Played about 3 hrs this morning. Died twice. desynced off a roof, be careful on the ladders on TEC bldg. 2d time KoS'd at a well in Berezino. (kos on exp server, really. whats the point? i'll never understand it). Got the 'client not responding' kick twice, i just attribute that to my crappy internet and my kids on their i-pads. Cherno still full of zombies. Picked up a shotgun, couldn't get it out of my hands. On the inventory screen it was on my back, but it was still in my hands on the play screen. I'll see if those are fixed when I play later, playing on same server so don't know if it is server specific problem. (east 0-1) Will make my way to Balota, Komarovo, and Kamenka to check out the zombie situation. All in all, game is running pretty good for me. A bit laggy here and there, expect that though. Cheers.

Edited by jtberry2000

Guys, how u play with newui? I have problems with choose servers fps is 1 
and so much lagging/blocking...did u wrote just -newui in set launch or something more?

Ammo is too rare this patch, I spent ages searching for it, literally completely looted four towns (not on coast either) and I didn't find any ammo which fit my Winchester in all of 3 hours of searching...

I'm going to stop playing if this rarity makes it to stable,

Guys, how u play with newui? I have problems with choose servers fps is 1 

and so much lagging/blocking...did u wrote just -newui in set launch or something more?

Yes nothing beside that just -newui in the launch options. I dont have this Fps problems while using it.

Ammo is too rare this patch, I spent ages searching for it, literally completely looted four towns (not on coast either) and I didn't find any ammo which fit my Winchester in all of 3 hours of searching...

Helps keep the KoS plebes at bay

• Like 7

you actually have to play for ammo.....what a concept.

Normally I play very conservative but exp is just KOS, I had a guy with a knife chase me as a new spawn(I had only spawned maybe 2 minutes before he attacked) he chased me swearing at me for half an hour.

Edited by PongoZ

your desyncing badly

best to find a safe spot, run away best you can to the forest and log off, reconnect. Not always your fault.

i don't know man, it's just doesn't feel like a desync issue because it disappears and appears time to time, not rubberbanding or anything like that and this is the first time i experienced it. anyways i reported it if there is any chance of being a bug. 

there was a report that people stuck in the way sometimes they wanted a video if it, i believe i just reproduced it so if anyone find the report i'll be more than happy to have the address.

you actually have to play for ammo.....what a concept.

Normally I play very conservative but exp is just KOS, I had a guy with a knife chase me as a new spawn(I had only spawned maybe 2 minutes before he attacked) he chased me swearing at me for half an hour.

The longer we wait for experimental, more KOS idiots come to exp.
  • Like 3

i still not understand why they separate those builds (not being switchable in steam) i guess if they do it people use experimental not to play, but to actually test those builds. i for one like to test experimental and file the bugs then continue playing at stable quickly.

for now, i just make a back up of two builds. then restore the one that i wan't to play but i can't stand the time. 

----

EDIT: guys, please vote this up. i don't want this at stable.  :(

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=28506

Edited by VahidkinG
  • Like 2

how dare they not put it right at your feet. You really have to look for it, that is .... unspeakable cruelty. You probably even missed a wonderful chance to kill an unsuspecting freshspawn on sight. I totally hear you, this is not tolerable.

• Like 12

how dare they not put it right at your feet. You really have to look for it, that is .... unspeakable cruelty. You probably even missed a wonderful chance to kill an unsuspecting freshspawn on sight. I totally hear you, this is not tolerable.

Agree ;)

Edited by The-badger

Discussions around CPU usage probably should be in the troubleshooting forum, but considering this appears to be new for.59, maybe Bones will let it slide.  Apologies, but I can't get too bent about this on dual core machines.  We are talking about technology that is pushing 10 years old at this point. No offence intended towards anyone, but this level of hardware is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Listening to the demonstration videos from Hicks, in my opinion, CPU & GPU utilization will only increase as BI pushes the technological envelope of the engine and renderer.  With densities increasing, foliage, item spawn increases, infected counts all going up, the math seems obvious.  I do agree however that something significant changed from .58, possibly with how threading is currently implemented, offloading to the CPU.  Hicks was very clear in his message and did say that balancing this was a priority.  Reading between the lines however, it is apparent that this is going to be difficult with everything going on in-game due its scale.

6z7jJRk.jpg

The only reason I mentioned was because it's a change related to .59 and not exactly a cut and dry "my computer can't anymore" and I'm far from saying I'll drop the game because it my ancient computer can't cut it anymore.

I made my way up the west border of the map on my 1pp guy and everything was as good or better than before but I have a significantly worse performance anywhere that has concentrations of players or AI it seems.

It's not really helping me right now but I think it's indicative of an overall improvement for the game that they're moving load off the gpu onto the cpu which most newer computers should have no problem with. I was just lucky before that my GFX card exceeded the recommended and could carry the game even though my processor wasn't up to the minimum.

For the sake of science and experimental I am genuinely curious about what and how they've changed things either way.  

• Like 1

not sure if this is the right environment but it would be nice to have a compromise to the barrels in the cargo truck, a truck only carrying one barrel is lame,the barrels have a very small footprint. with loads of vertical storage. having the barrels take up fewer slots in the truck would be awesome after all we arent trying to encapsulate the drum as if it were in a tent or back pack. and a cargo truck is basically made to haul a bunch of them. and i doubt adding more slots to the v3s would be a something we really need.

• Like 1