boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Traction seems improved. Not spinning out or unable to climb hills smoothly all the time like before. Almost everything else is worse. Desync is awful. People are sliding. Passengers see 2 seconds of movement followed by a second of sitting in place. Desync near other vehicles is absolutely awful and much worse than stable. Players appear to have tires buried in the character model after they place the tire on a vehicle. 

• Like 1

Though they were rare, finding winchester rounds broke through around the 3 hour mark and then we kept finding them.

DfdQuXg.jpg

^Upstairs in a rural hospital, on the Persian rug.

My original 3PP character took an unfortunate step off some scaffolding at a castle so I started over, this time I did not pass up the police station and quickly had a Scorpion up and running.

By the time I made it back to where I started last night (Berezino), I had enough rounds to try to wipe out the infected inhabitants.

I only had 1 magazine and at one point I held up in a log cabin and picked off the infected that piled in.

This zombie slaughterfest left me with only a full magazine and a few spare bullets before I set off to meet ColdAtrophy.

0m5Vd1q.jpg

After we met up we did some looting and shooting together before making our way to meeting emuthreat near a V3S spawn.

Unfortunately, I can confirm all of the desynch issues listed by Cold.

When tried moving the 2nd V3S we found, it showed us stuck in place until we teleported into a dumpster.

I had to take the drivers position to make the V3S act properly.

• Like 2

I left a car wedged between 2 trees on 1PP..... sort of overlooking a town, not really hid well.

Was it your car or did you find it that way?

Yes it was my car that we parked there and this was 3pp. We drove it to the location where we had issues. 

• Like 1

Looking more closely at the changelog thingy SGTHornet posted.  https://feedback.dayz.com/changelog_page.php

I noticed a lot of what is listed there is improvements to the New UI.

Other than that I see map fixes.

It's a really strange list that couldn't possibly reflect the changes we have seen....

Also, I saw some Steam DB activity ExPrep style from some hours ago, right around the time of maintenance.

Let's hope they ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give SA today.

• Like 1

Did it look like this?

Yep, alot like that

• Like 2

I repaired 3 sedans but didn't have this happen once, but, my problem is that they seem to "glue" on the ground or get "magnetically" stuck in place, glitching and making noise. When I stop for whatever reason, and try to go back again this happens.

I tried removing all wheels, put them on again, I see them all and that's not the problem. Doesn't seem to fix it in any way. Any help??

Same thing happening to me with trucks and Ladas.  If you can find one tire that is not in the same state of repair that may do it by making you spin.  Once you spin remove the bad tire and add the other one back.  That may get you unstuck

I had some time yesterday to test out how changes were affecting experimental hotfix. I joined a 3PP server, and saw we still had our characters, so I made my way to Rogovo and Green Mountain surroundings to fix a car and see if it was more stable. 

But, had only problems with the many vehicles I found. I found 4 sedans, but only one wasn't "stuck" in it's spawn point. They seem to be magnetically stuck in their original spawn locations more than half of the time. Since they were pretty close to each other, I just took the 4 pristine wheels and switched to another one. Finally got one to work, and drove around for a bit to test it out. Didn't notice any changes from the 0.59 stable sedans really.

2v99bo8.jpg

Sadly, eventually there was a lag spike, and the car did a 180. Even though it didn't hit anything, the back of the vehicle was lifted and the back wheels were not on the ground anymore, leaving me without any traction. I went to the nearest village in search of an axe to chop the tree down and free my vehicle, all 4 tires were still pristine, and both the battery and spark plug were still in good shape. Never found an axe, but got a chainsaw and gas, so I went back and chopped the tree, only for the back of the car to float even higher, go figure.... car is still there...

2ms38nc.jpg

Having had enough of shenanigans for now, I switched to the 1PP servers, and the one I joined had Barnabus in it. I was around Devil's Castle on 1PP, and started making my way south, in the hopes of fixing an offroad hatchback and see how it was handling. Found a sedan in Pogorevka, fixed it and went south to get the 4x4 Barnabus told me about. Found the hatchback, fixed it with 4 pristine tires, a pristine spark plug and battery, but again, the vehicle was glued to the ground.

x58nzm.jpg

I can't wait for an hotfix to help out the current vehicles, before we get the bicycle and dirtbike.

• Like 3

Same thing happening to me with trucks and Ladas.  If you can find one tire that is not in the same state of repair that may do it by making you spin.  Once you spin remove the bad tire and add the other one back.  That may get you unstuck

That's the thing, on the 4 sedans and 1 offroad I found yesterday, only 1 sedan wasn't stuck... All vehicles I tried had 4 pristine tires. The 4 sedans used the exact same tires, and when I noticed the glitching while stuck, I got out of the vehicle, removed all 4 tires and put them back on, to no avail. Once they started to "flicker" and shake, it was unstoppable, and made crazy noises after a while.

Even the 4x4 you told me about. It had a few wheels, that I removed and repaired since they were "worn", and I got the last tires needed, attach them all to the hatchback, but when I started it and shifted into 1st, it was stuck like the rest of them and started to "flicker" and glitch around...   :( 

I removed the wheels, and put them back on again, to no avail...

I can't wait for an hotfix to help out the current vehicles, before we get the bicycle and dirtbike.

I think it will be 0.60 at this point, and that's okay, because I'm hopeful that we'll see that soon on Experimental. We're already on our third Stable release of 0.59, so I think it's time to move on  :P

• Like 5

Found this tonight while on an empty server. 

Note - I was on the server for about 30 minutes Alone. When I found this guy.. Unable to access his items, But I could check pulse and gut. 

So there might be a issue with clean up

EYWxdLI.jpg

Im able to play on Exp so i assume this patch will contain the Duo core fix . 

Its not 100% resolve though . FPS still randomly drops to single digits. Forcing me to use the Flush Command 

Side note ...  While you Devs are making a new patch .. Mind fixing the netting spawns while your at it ? 30+ hours looking for netting is a bit much 

• Like 1

Did massive amounts of infected killing throughout many of the larger towns with ColdAtrophy this evening.

A long day of zombie slaying made him hungry for steak.

yEo31fo.jpg

emuthreat hopped on and got a bus running fairly quickly and ran up to NWA where we hunkered down for more infected shooting.

Unfortunately, he flipped the bus not long after arriving and no amount of ramming with the 4x4 was helping....

GxZ3S29.jpg

emu then encouraged us to help him get a sedan working and on our way to fit it with a tire we hung the 4x4 on a stone wall.

We were close enough to the sedan so we got it running and proceeded to ram the 4x4 loose.

In the process, Cold crushed emu to death.

MKaSNxn.jpg

About an hour after that we were joined by GirthBrooks who we picked up on our way to reunite with emu.

tHV5trs.jpg

Once we had joined forces, we found our trusty 4x4 had run very low on gas.

Cold decided to cook the steaks he had been storing and emu and I ran for gas with a jerry can.

I ate my share of steaks but had to log for the night.

Here's to hoping for an update tomorrow.

vzzWe8n.jpg

6VBiTu4.jpg

gEvyWtA.jpg

• Like 4

I guess I missed the fact that Stable and Experimental are currently on the exact same build number. We wasted our entire evening playing on Experimental for no reason. D'oh.

Im able to play on Exp so i assume this patch will contain the Duo core fix . 

Its not 100% resolve though . FPS still randomly drops to single digits. Forcing me to use the Flush Command 

Side note ...  While you Devs are making a new patch .. Mind fixing the netting spawns while your at it ? 30+ hours looking for netting is a bit much 

As ColdAtrophy said, the build on Experimental is the same as the one on Stable at the moment. Your experience will only differ by what server you're on, nothing else.

I guess I missed the fact that Stable and Experimental are currently on the exact same build number. We wasted our entire evening playing on Experimental for no reason. D'oh.

Not a waste in my opinion. If the branch is still up, it's possible they're using it to collect data or something. Either way, no more of a waste than playing on a Stable server.

• Like 4