boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I found a magazine for one, and agree, the modeling even for just that mag. looks really good.  Now to find the other half to go with the mag...

Yes the VSS is in. Found it at Mi-17 Chopper crash. Used it. Still like SVD better.(I know the VSS is not comparative to the SVD). However the Dev team, like always did a great job on the modeling of the weapon.

Edited by Super_Duty

Takes up two slots, horizontal.  The jacket has 4 inventory slots. 

Is it taking two or one slot in inventory?

• Like 1

I logged on right at where my barrels should have been and they were gone.

Yes, I can`t find the barrel I saw earlier - so it was a peristance wipe after all. :)

Edited by Ori42

A couple of more interesting bits from Eugen...

If you're curious why you're getting better FPS with the -newui interface:

----------------------

When asked about the lack of choice in aspect ratio:

(In other words, it's intentional. "I want to use whatever aspect ratio I choose" crybabies coming in 3, 2, 1...)

The new aspect ratio is matching my 16:3 better than I could get it before, Its stretched a little to the vertical side now but it's better than the horizontal stretch I had before.

• Like 1

Ya, I can`t find the barrel I saw earlier so u might be correct. :)

I got on right after the patch checked, then I fled the two trespassers in "my" town, got a kick warning and the server never came back up so I was screwed either way.

• Like 1

The new aspect ratio is matching my 16:3 better than I could get it before, Its stretched a little to the vertical side now but it's better than the horizontal stretch I had before.

Awesome! Glad to hear it. I know you've struggled with getting that to work right, so hopefully it's one step closer to ideal for you. I know that previously it was possible to do some manipulation to your config file -- I'm assuming you probably already knew that and utilized it, so I wonder if it's still possible (manually) despite not having options in the menu? Since it's automatic I would think not, but I haven't looked yet myself.

• Like 1

A couple of more interesting bits from Eugen...

If you're curious why you're getting better FPS with the -newui interface:

----------------------

When asked about the lack of choice in aspect ratio:

(In other words, it's intentional. "I want to use whatever aspect ratio I choose" crybabies coming in 3, 2, 1...)

So basically in my case I can better use -newui to get better frames I guess? Edited by IMT

a2e60e39a0.png

Had a quick skim through the last 5-8 pages and couldn't find this but when i tried to update i got this error, so i deleted and it is coming up again. any idea what it could be.

Edit: NVM, it was Steam needing to update.

Edited by joniboy1158

Awesome! Glad to hear it. I know you've struggled with getting that to work right, so hopefully it's one step closer to ideal for you. I know that previously it was possible to do some manipulation to your config file -- I'm assuming you probably already knew that and utilized it, so I wonder if it's still possible (manually) despite not having options in the menu? Since it's automatic I would think not, but I haven't looked yet myself.

I'm not sure but I think they disabled some of the config edits, like a few have said deleting them fixed their stutter, it worked for me to some degree and got my overly long loading time down it did but I lost frames overall. I've got to double check what I did from memory but it seems like manual config tweaks aren't working and I'm down bordering on what even I call unplayable for fps at my usual mediumish settings all the way down to potato.

Should try the new UI while I'm at it and see where that's at too.

**edit**

Did they increase the tree density or something?

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

So basically in my case I can better use -newui to get better frames I guess?

Give it a try. It's much further along than it was in 0.57 or 0.58, with a lot less missing functionality. According to Eugen, they are still not where they want to be for widespread use of it though, as he does not consider it a "complete" prototype.

I'm not sure but I think they disabled some of the config edits, like a few have said deleting them fixed their stutter, it worked for me to some degree and got my overly long loading time down it did but I lost frames overall. I've got to double check what I did from memory but it seems like manual config tweaks aren't working and I'm down bordering on what even I call unplayable for fps at my usual mediumish settings all the way down to potato.

Ah, yes! What you're saying makes a lot of sense. I'll do some digging this weekend and get to the bottom of this.

Oddly enough, my config file is still from 0.58 and I have not really had any issues (none that can be blamed on the game or my hardware, anyway).

Did they increase the tree density or something?

That's... actually a possibility. They were planning on it for sure, but they never said when and I can't for the life of me remember where I read it/saw it.

Edited by Tatanko

Give it a try. It's much further along than it was in 0.57 or 0.58, with a lot less missing functionality. According to Eugen, they are still not where they want to be for widespread use of it though, as he does not consider it a "complete" prototype.

Ah, yes! What you're saying makes a lot of sense. I'll do some digging this weekend and get to the bottom of this.

Oddly enough, my config file is still from 0.58 and I have not really had any issues (none that can be blamed on the game or my hardware, anyway).

That's... actually a possibility. They were planning on it for sure, but they never said when and I can't for the life of me remember where I read it/saw it.

I will try it out at some point.

And yes, they wanted to increase tree density and were testing with it in internal builds I think.

Not sure if they already added it in-game.

So do we get fewer (exp) servers now that they are 75 player servers? Because the one I played on updated, but vanished a few minutes later. I'm gonna wait for a comback, but if there was a persistence wipe, I might as well start somewhere else. 

Which error? Client not responding? I see this often, though it never seems to be me that gets kicked for some reason, even on high-ping servers.

When servers are filled and multiple players join for one slot they often get that message. dont know if its displayed in ingame chat.

greets

Posting on the new UI. My game runs smoothely (but it did without it). There are some bugs and it needs reformatting in some respects but it works. SCREENS:

jCrkPwS.jpg

MJHrzch.jpg

t60sZ9R.jpg

zKbKmUT.jpgQR3pc6m.jpg

Cx5ZzU1.jpg

zD9XEoU.jpg

Ean2kjA.jpg

I also noticed something strange visually. Look at how the shed stretches at the lower right corner of the screen as I change my view angle

WAP4JcY.jpg

E90PvzR.jpg

XAPzJ5f.jpg

In other news, IVE BEEN ROBBED!!!!! THEY TOOK ALL BUT ONE OF MY BARRELS, THEY COULDN'T GET THEIR GRUBBY HANDS ON IT! And so I have decided to reach out and ask if I could offer my services to those experimental regulars who are starting to get together.

We must through sceince and cooperation ascend to greater heights of understanding, and at the same time, transcend those covetous ruffians who wold stay our progress!!!!!

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 8

Where did the server East 02 go and is it ever coming back? Was anyone else here playing on there, too?

@flimflamm

Uhm what server did your barrels get robbed from?

I definetly snagged up a bunch of barrels and a truck out of someone's camp last night.

@flimflamm

Uhm what server did your barrels get robbed from?

I definetly snagged up a bunch of barrels and a truck out of someone's camp last night.

it was northeast 01, but it seems it may have in fact been a persistence wipe, the only barrel left was the one in my hands for safe keeping!

When the server version is changing you have to wipe at least the loot.

Did anyone noticed something new in the new version? Just saw some bugfixes till now.

(I cant await the cars  :)  )

How do you snag a truck when there are no vehicles in the game at the moment?

• Like 1

How do you snag a truck when there are no vehicles in the game at the moment?

Guess he's on the wrong thread, I think he's playing stable.
  • Like 1

Well, can't check persistence, the server I had my stash on is not up.

The infected apparently ate them, and my stuff... several are missing.  Theory being, load up the 75 player servers, acquired data, review and adjust for next build.

Where did the server East 02 go and is it ever coming back? Was anyone else here playing on there, too?

• Like 1

We really need slit-vision wearing that Great helm!

And working sunglasses, that decrease the sun's glare.

• Like 12

Well after today as far as I can tell the scene complexity and view distance tweaks don't work anymore on mine now that I've undone then redone them. I noticed I didn't have trees pop in when I zoomed in and could see Myshinko tent city from way farther west then usual and I was back to what I consider good fps out on the edge of the map again though. The kids computer is still on a copy of the configs I was running for few months and it seems unchanged although I didn't notice how far trees were rendering when I played on theirs today. Something changed with the load on CPU that's killing the dual core which is what made me think of the comment on trees, I don't remember where I read about it either but the deciduous trees on the coast seemed more dense to me. 

Tried new UI and it was brutal 1fps the whole time 5 second lag periods in the character and server menus, the server window couldn't display the columns right and 1fps displayed, less functionally in game and no pointer in the inventory screen.

Well, can't check persistence, the server I had my stash on is not up.

If it's the one I think it was my barrels were gone in the time after the patch that it was up.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1