boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

not sure if this is the right environment but it would be nice to have a compromise to the barrels in the cargo truck, a truck only carrying one barrel is lame,the barrels have a very small footprint. with loads of vertical storage. having the barrels take up fewer slots in the truck would be awesome after all we arent trying to encapsulate the drum as if it were in a tent or back pack. and a cargo truck is basically made to haul a bunch of them. and i doubt adding more slots to the v3s would be a something we really need.

I agree with you. like many other too. But this should not end up a rolling messi home. I saw trucks with several small items in their inventories. There should be a minimum size to place items in a larger inventory like the size of a protectorcase. So you have to pack it before you can load it, like in RL.

• Like 1

Anyone else think heli crashes spawn in groups more often?

Anyone else think heli crashes spawn in groups more often?

They are just random, if you find crashes close to each other then you are lucky.
  • Like 3

may be if there were slots for barrels like how your boonie had slots for hooks, im pretty sure they are going to add slots just for plugs and batteries and dashboard hula girls.

• Like 2

Next time you get stuck in a house , equip any weapon , and use the suicide option, ( F11 ) its much faster. 

try deleting your config file in My Documents/dayz 

I only had a stone knife so had nothing to do myself in with

I am loving this patch so far! Zeds nowhere past Novo / Cherno / Zelenogorsk, rarely in Elektro, but Cherno is like Zombie Capital :D Today I rounded up 12 Zeds at one point and brought them all the way from Cherno to a little area past Skyrim Mountain and left them there to disperse and find some poor, unexpecting players ^^

Yesterday for the first time it felt like a true Zombie Apocalypse. I had 3 friends with me and we were just freaking surrounded by Zeds! 20 of them at least... Shooting guns has never been such a bad idea in Cherno ^^

We were all bleeding, scrambling for bandages... and in general just having a blast! Finally this game seems to turn into what it was supposed to be :)

Desynch can be a biatch, that much is true. Ammo is rare, which is not a bad thing in general, but with freshies all looting the same towns it is quite a challenge to find any ammo at all. So maybe just a bit more balancing with distribution and respawning of these items would be okay I think. I don't mind having to search for it at all, but at some point, after about 2 hours, I'd like to be rewarded with at least some .22 ammo.

All in all, I am loving it. Yes, it's laggy, desynch-y and a bit frustrating at times... but it is DayZ the way it was supposed to be played. I am truly having the time of my life and probably won't switch back to stable for a while.

KOS can be a bit of a problem, but the rare ammo makes for fun encounters with crazy axe murderers ;-)

Just a quick OT - on 1st person I am in Stary Yar - is anyone else ever going that far north to find stuff? No Zombies at all, which is sad, but I am hoping to make a nice base up there one day and live off the land... ^^

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 5

Just a quick OT - on 1st person I am in Stary Yar - is anyone else ever going that far north to find stuff? No Zombies at all, which is sad, but I am hoping to make a nice base up there one day and live off the land... ^^

Nope, we all left. There's no one up here any more and nothing to find. You'll be really bored ... all by yourself.

• Like 2

Nope, we all left. There's no one up here any more and nothing to find. You'll be really bored ... all by yourself.

I've actually run into way more people up north in exp servers than I did in .58.

But onto another matter, really not digging having the aspect ratio locked. It seems to have stretched my screen vertically.

Edited by Mad Vlad
  • Like 1

Having fresh fruit in the game makes no logical sense, whatsoever,

trees would still produce fruit as they dont need maintaining.....what makes no sense is

1- infection hits and suddenly no car/truck etc has plug or battery

2- infection hits and the water company shut off the water

3- infection hits and the electric company cuts all the power

and so much more lol, games and logical sense dont really go together

they're moving load off the gpu onto the cpu which most newer computers should have no problem with. I was just lucky before that my GFX card exceeded the recommended and could carry the game even though my processor wasn't up to the minimum.

other way round mate it is all cpu based, they moving it to more gpu. how good ya pc iss wont make a huge difference at the moment

trees would still produce fruit as they dont need maintaining.....what makes no sense is

1. Cars are eventually planned to spawn in various degrees of repair from working to parts car as far as I understand. It makes sense most of the good ones would have at least tried to leave though.

2. & 3. Utilities are like any other factory industrial setting constantly breaking down and wearing out, they don't run long without someone feeding and fixing them. Chenarus doesn't look like it's utilities would have computer monitoring, fail safes, backups and would crash the first day the guys don't show up and watch their gauges for 8 hours.  

• Like 3

My character is still apparently some hopeless retard who can't find sticks in the middle of a forest. 

• Like 10

1) Yes, the Czech Republic is world renown for their banana tree plantations and orange groves. :D

2) I would think that when the populace evacuated, they took every vehicle that would start. The only vehicles left are the junkers which require repairs.

3) Who, exactly, is left to operate and perform maintenance on the water & power facilities and infrastructure, the zeds? They aren't exactly known for their work ethic. All they're interested in is lunch!

I have enough reality in my life when I'm AFK, so yeah, the devs take some liberties in the name of entertainment. I'm puzzled as to why you should take exception with the above, though.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 4

I don't think "logical sense" is your forte.

this is the kind of item we need...

Don't forget these:

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 5

in all honesty, we are probably going to have to find a new base of operations. Once the Tisy Military Base opens, every KOSing jackwagon in the game is going to be up here looking for a helicopter to fly. Hopefully, we'll have a good selection of booby-traps from which to choose before that base opens, so that we can help everyone to feel welcome.

• Like 7

But onto another matter, really not digging having the aspect ratio locked. It seems to have stretched my screen vertically.

YES!! I've been talking about this since the update has come out and nobody has seemed to know what I'm talking about! I have the vertically stretched aspect ratio, too! Thanks for mentioning it, though, now I don't feel so weird for having this problem.

• Like 1

how dare they not put it right at your feet. You really have to look for it, that is .... unspeakable cruelty. You probably even missed a wonderful chance to kill an unsuspecting freshspawn on sight. I totally hear you, this is not tolerable.

Thanks for assuming I shoot new spawns. 

Edited by Quackdot

Hi all,

wanted to ask what you think bout about the new walkie-talkie care package? didnt dig the whole thread, point me if it had already been discussed.

i tried it and stopped now. alotta trolling, once lead me to a trap. got many elektro shocks in the past...

greets

• Like 1

Some good new stuff, had fun with the current build. FPS with my old 0.58 settings are around 70 in Cherno. The performance is OK but feels a bit clunky if you want to interact with your inventory.

The only bad thing i experienced is the community. I got heavily insulted from some english kids as i wanted not to kill them, one of em logged out went to an other exp server and got behind me, killed me and laughed what a noob i am. I will take a break till 0.59 is on stable, private servers ftw.

Can confirm that KOS still works in 0.59exp, so would you people now stop "testing" it pls and let me try the new stuff? Whine done, check. Some testing to come, hopefully.

Edited by Bruderlos
  • Like 7

Bugs I found recently:

Can't access the items on top of the wardrobe.

4L5CVYN.jpg

Replaced the magnum with the bullets(since I couldn't load the bullets into the magnum), and now I can't pick the magnum up.

expbCsu.jpg

I think the MP5 is bugged, can't aim it properly.

11EBtFe.jpg

Random:

Found a flashbang for the first time.

Gb97lUj.jpg

p90NM4k.jpg

• Like 2

YES!! I've been talking about this since the update has come out and nobody has seemed to know what I'm talking about! I have the vertically stretched aspect ratio, too! Thanks for mentioning it, though, now I don't feel so weird for having this problem.

I hear ya bud, no one has seemed to notice this that I play with either. Yet it drives me nuts.

Just don't understand the logic in locking the aspect ratio.