boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I deleted dayz.cfg, but changed settings. Same freezing even in middle of nowhere. Only hope is that problem is not on my side.

I had this problem and if before evey load up you revert Nvidia control panel settings for DayZ back to default it seemed to help  about 50% of the time.

I solved my problem completely by spending hundreds of dollars on new components which I finished putting together late last night.

So of course now I'm heading out this morning for a 4 day vacation upsate to see my dear mum and do some fall cycling along a new rail trail that leads to the hudson river.

*My first post from my new comp!!

• Like 5

Is it possible right now to ad grenades to tripwires? Tried it with M67, smokegranade (russian) and with an flashbang. Didn´t get it :(

yes , but only the frag grenade . and it doesn't blow up when tripped 

Alright, in an hour and an half I'll play some DayZ. Does someone want something specifically tested? It can be anything, even which involves killing yourself! :lol:

Is the new Tisy military base in yet ? 

• Like 1

Alright, in an hour and an half I'll play some DayZ. Does someone want something specifically tested? It can be anything, even which involves killing yourself! :lol:

If you happen to come across one of the knight helmets, can you post a 1st person view of it? I'm curious how much you can see through those tiny slits in the helmet. I've only seen third person images of it.  

• Like 1

-snip-

Ok nice. How did you do it?

I tried to ad the grenade to tripwires = no

I tried to ad the tripwires to grenade = no

I tried to set up the tripwire and then ad the grenade = no

take grenade into hands sitting infront of the tripwire maybe?

I didnt get it...

Ok nice. How did you do it?

I tried to ad the grenade to tripwires = no

I tried to ad the tripwires to grenade = no

I tried to set up the tripwire and then ad the grenade = no

take grenade into hands sitting in front of the tripwire maybe?

I didnt get it...

youtube will answer all your questions and more 

They've done some terrain improvements up there but there's no buildings yet.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to test wardrobes and locked doors, either. Oh well, another night.

I did some testing for wardrobes and locked doors and according to those tests there either isn't persistence or it's bugged or [insert some reason].

First I did test with a wardrobe, stashed in some goods in there and  was able to achieve around 1h persistence for the stuff inside the wardrobe. After that first hour I left the stuff in the wardrobe for another hour and coming back to check the wardrobe was empty. So the stuff had disappeared from there somewhere between the first and second hour.

Problem still lies here with my testing method: if you check the contents of a container constantly does that resfresh the state (on the server) and thus make stashed things persist longer than what they normally would. Because that's basically what I did during the first hour: kept regularly checking if the stashed stuff was still inside the wardrobe and only after I left the wardrobe unchecked for another hour the stashed stuff disappeared.

What comes to the locked doors they don't persist, at all. You can lock a door, logout of the server and come back at any time you want and the door you unlocked x minutes ago will NOT be locked.

I see GaryWalnuts already addressed this. Figures, he has checked the area already and I haven't, at least not the full area.

There are indeed some changes up in the north-west. :)

If you happen to come across one of the knight helmets, can you post a 1st person view of it? I'm curious how much you can see through those tiny slits in the helmet. I've only seen third person images of it.

If you can tell me where the helmest spawn I will. ;)

I did some testing for wardrobes and locked doors and according to those tests there either isn't persistence or it's bugged or [insert some reason].

First I did test with a wardrobe, stashed in some goods in there and was able to achieve around 1h persistence for the stuff inside the wardrobe. After that first hour I left the stuff in the wardrobe for another hour and coming back to check the wardrobe was empty. So the stuff had disappeared from there somewhere between the first and second hour.

Problem still lies here with my testing method: if you check the contents of a container constantly does that resfresh the state (on the server) and thus make stashed things persist longer than what they normally would. Because that's basically what I did during the first hour: kept regularly checking if the stashed stuff was still inside the wardrobe and only after I left the wardrobe unchecked for another hour the stashed stuff disappeared.

What comes to the locked doors they don't persist, at all. You can lock a door, logout of the server and come back at any time you want and the door you unlocked x minutes ago will NOT be locked.

To be honest, it isn't a bulletproof test. If you want to test it correctly you never should leave the house or always have a visual on the house.

I'll try and find a location where I can test this correctly and will post back.

Edit: does someone know the times when a restart occurs or the frequency?

Edited by IMT

Has anyone else noticed that when you press P to bring up the player list you're now able to interact with things while the list is up?

• Like 1

First I did test with a wardrobe, stashed in some goods in there and  was able to achieve around 1h persistence for the stuff inside the wardrobe. After that first hour I left the stuff in the wardrobe for another hour and coming back to check the wardrobe was empty. So the stuff had disappeared from there somewhere between the first and second hour.

To be honest, it isn't a bulletproof test. If you want to test it correctly you never should leave the house or always have a visual on the house.

I'll try and find a location where I can test this correctly and will post back.

Edit: does someone know the times when a restart occurs or the frequency?

Thank you Asmodeus! If you could, IMT, I would love some additional observations on this :)

Thank you Asmodeus! If you could, IMT, I would love some additional observations on this :)

30 minutes in and the door is still locked and the wardrobe has still the items inside.

I haven't left this building and will not until at least 1 hour has passed.

For amusement I have been reading the forums in the steam overlay.

If someone tries and come in, I will definitely hear them and give them a couple of bullets. :lol:

On another note:

There is no way I could fill my PET bottle with water from the barrel. And tripwire doesn't work, the item only degrades but it doesn't break your legs.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

I completely understand that if we want some actual answers the test You described needs to be conducted.

I guess with that you're trying to make sure that NO ONE will access the house during the test.

If it's something else, well that goes against any logic. Of course players need to be able to leave the vicinity of their locked house or even logout of the game.

Also wardrobe's persistence for stashing loot would need to be cleared somehow.

does someone know the times when a restart occurs or the frequency?

I noticed that all of the experimental servers were restarted yesterday at exactly 7pm EST, but I don't know what the frequency is.

• Like 1

man, luckily it's weekend, maybe I can play some exp now. I played maybe 2-3 hours since the exp release. The servers are ALWAYS full...very good for the game - bad for me :lol:

Really nice what you guys discovered here, new bugs, new items, new mechanics! Thanks :)

And I hope we will see some improvements on head gear in 1pp, e.g. limited view on the Great Helm, gas masks and layers for sun glasses and visors.

• Like 1

I completely understand that if we want some actual answers the test You described needs to be conducted.

I guess with that you're trying to make sure that NO ONE will access the house during the test.

If it's something else, well that goes against any logic. Of course players need to be able to leave the vicinity of their locked house or even logout of the game.

Also wardrobe's persistence for stashing loot would need to be cleared somehow.

Yes, that's what I mean with a good test. I do understand that it can be boring, sitting in the same house or room for such a long period of time but there is no better test to be honest. At least not to rule out that any other player was there in the meanwhile. My hour has almost passed and going to sit there for another 30 minutes testing another thing.

A great thing to do in the meanwhile is read the forums. :)

I noticed that all of the experimental servers were restarted yesterday at exactly 7pm EST, but I don't know what the frequency is.

Hmm ok, wish I knew. It would help my testing though. Edited by IMT

Yes, that's what I mean with a good test. I do understand that it can be boring, sitting in the same house or room for such a long period of time but there is no better test to be honest. At least not to rule out that any other player was there in the meanwhile. My hour has almost passed and going to sit there for another 30 minutes testing another thing.

A great thing to do in the meanwhile is read the forums. :)

Hmm ok, wish I knew. It would help my testing though.

... for science.

Thanks! :thumbsup: :beans:  :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

Speaking of which, have any of our Experimental regulars found the suave-looking Lab Coat yet?

Me I did! I had the whole doctor setup going for a while.  Tried the nurses dress too. The dress looked about the same but looked a little tighter in the fit. Are there doctor pants? Or just scrub pants? I opted for cargo pants for space.

sNEDcrQ.jpg

• Like 2

Of course players need to be able to leave the vicinity of their locked house or even logout of the game.

I'm sure that the end goal for fixed storage like the Wardrobe is to have it be long-term. It would be silly and pointless otherwise. They probably just have it down to a shorter amount of time (an hour?) for testing purposes on Experimental.

man, luckily it's weekend, maybe I can play some exp now. I played maybe 2-3 hours since the exp release. The servers are ALWAYS full...very good for the game - bad for me :lol:

For what it's worth, I haven't had any trouble getting on to the server(s) of my choosing throughout the week, even when they're all basically full. If I'm patient for just a minute, a slot always becomes available.

My time in 0.59 so far

2oxF5xT.jpg

discovered a new shed

mcMz37l.jpg

i think the sky is different than 0.58

Found a friendly guy

Y8uKV7g.jpg

Apparently we found someone else, he aimed and shit went down. Both ended up dying. I feel sad for the friendly one, tho.

QDZMpMK.jpg

Random

h6nwNqO.jpg

• Like 2

Me I did! I had the whole doctor setup going for a while.  Tried the nurses dress too. The dress looked about the same but looked a little tighter in the fit. Are there doctor pants? Or just scrub pants? I opted for cargo pants for space.

sNEDcrQ.jpg

I think black cargo pants would look good for now. Ideally, we'll get the upcoming dress pants and combine them with some black leather dress shoes to look super professional ;)

• Like 1

I think black cargo pants would look good for now. Ideally, we'll get the upcoming dress pants and combine them with some black leather dress shoes to look super professional ;)

All we'd need is a dress shirt with tie and we can run around looking like professionals in the zombie apocalypse. Why not? No where does it state that we have to look like hobos while getting eaten by zombies! 

• Like 5

So I guess we are getting an update today. Experimentalprep is popping up in SteamDB again.

• Like 1

So I guess we are getting an update today. Experimentalprep is popping up in SteamDB again.

Please more for the weekend!

A disappointing report: the banana still does not go into the holster.

I'm reluctant to call it game-breaking ... but if the banana fit, holster it!

• Like 6