ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.05

I think it would be nice to have bigger zombie hordes in the next updates. Gotta make PVE harder.

6 hours ago, MathTheRender said:

i suggest your list makes more sense in the opposite direction:

-Bug fixing

-Basebuilding (id like to see some improvised shelter one could build in the woods, one wich would be harder to see than a little tent. bulded with long stiks and barks)

-Bow and arrows

-the full leather Clothes crafting ability

i not meant to annoy you, but it seemed you where in a bit of a rage while typing. And One could easely misunderstood why you put backpacks and clothes in the firstplace. And i guessed you dident meant such a glittery green fancy backback, did you 😄

have a nice journy

I didn't list things in order tho...But still more variety of clothes and backpacks are welcome...and yeah i was in rage because people want simple things they sound simple but they are not... an Arrow is different then a bullet it needs to be made like a real arrow that you can pick up afterwards and you can't do that with a bullet... Sure they can make Bow and Arrow and have them work as regular guns do but that's stupid not realistic and ya know... just lazy.. they want to make it good and work properly... also Animations for Bow and arrow.. they need to make those and make them fluent and feel natural... snappy kinda.. to feel good... it's a lot of work and people are just crying about bow and arrow like babies... and when they Do get bow and arrow they are probably gonna use it once or twice per update since it's gonna be shit pvp weapon probs good for zombies but again why dedicate a back slot for a bow and a gun why not have 2 guns or a melee weapon... Why not fucking cry about Crossbows... it suits DayZ more then just a regular bow wtf do they think DayZ is? Mordhau? I guess Crossbow and Bow work the same way so i guess they will eventually make a dedicated update for bows and crossies we get both of them same update and probably fishing but only maybe i can see they making an Archery and Survival update with fishing but only if they start working on one more complicated thing which is probably bows and arrows early but with low priority so in time they release an update some random update in the update after that one we could end up getting both bows and fishing that's my thought on it

and also my man.. it's spelled * Journey * ( not to insult you but to teach you english because i've been there too xD )

I guess people just dont understand how much work it really means. also because bows and arrows where once in, way back, in a way older build.

For me the fun idea about DayZ is this. Once you decide to use a gun, the game really turns on you. you attract geared players and Zeds.

But if you decide do live a quiet life, you can have much more peacefull Player interaction. For my taste the use of a gun could even come with a bigger expense. For Example: Zeds spawnig nearby you, or even Wolves (in Woods).

So that when One uses a gun, has really thought through it before.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

I didn't list things in order tho...But still more variety of clothes and backpacks are welcome...and yeah i was in rage because people want simple things they sound simple but they are not... an Arrow is different then a bullet it needs to be made like a real arrow that you can pick up afterwards and you can't do that with a bullet... Sure they can make Bow and Arrow and have them work as regular guns do but that's stupid not realistic and ya know... just lazy.. they want to make it good and work properly... also Animations for Bow and arrow.. they need to make those and make them fluent and feel natural... snappy kinda.. to feel good... it's a lot of work and people are just crying about bow and arrow like babies... and when they Do get bow and arrow they are probably gonna use it once or twice per update since it's gonna be shit pvp weapon probs good for zombies but again why dedicate a back slot for a bow and a gun why not have 2 guns or a melee weapon... Why not fucking cry about Crossbows... it suits DayZ more then just a regular bow wtf do they think DayZ is? Mordhau? I guess Crossbow and Bow work the same way so i guess they will eventually make a dedicated update for bows and crossies we get both of them same update and probably fishing but only maybe i can see they making an Archery and Survival update with fishing but only if they start working on one more complicated thing which is probably bows and arrows early but with low priority so in time they release an update some random update in the update after that one we could end up getting both bows and fishing that's my thought on it

and also my man.. it's spelled * Journey * ( not to insult you but to teach you english because i've been there too xD )

Since you're having a little rant, I'm going to have my little rant too...

Oh yes, it makes fucking sense, a survival game without a bow. A game where you can create complete wooden structures but my character is too dumb to craft a simple bow. They should focus on survival aspects and balancing instead they're focussing on trivial stuff with a few odd good (new) features here and there. But the survival update which was promised, where is that? Instead, we get DLC's, woo-hoo! I can't believe the udders haven't caught on fire yet, because they're milking this cash cow damn hard.

Meanwhile, we're still playing a game where everything is made out of damn paper because my item go ruined once my character coughs. The game has been fully released for more than half a year and still we barely have seen any balancing which should've been done in fucking beta. This game is actually still in alpha but is also stuck in limbo because it gets treated as beta as well. Yet they slapped the "ready for shipping" sticker on it. This is one of those cases were you order a car and get shipped an huge box. You think "fuck yeah, finally here" and when you open it, instead of the actual car there, there is a miniature version of the car.

I don't know what to feel with this game because on one day it makes me happy and on the other it makes me fucking sad.

• Like 2
  • Beans 4

1 hour ago, IMT said:

too dumb to craft a simple bow. They should focus on survival aspects and balancing

there's a good thread somewhere about SPEARS - and how it's crazy to swing with them in melee - AND how if someone comes at you with a hammer or a knife or their fists you should be able to stick your spear in their guts before they even get close.. ( but not everyone agrees)

AND [=new rant] for a long time my pet thing in DayZ was to carry an empty CAN with me - because when you finished the food in a can, the EMPTY CAN fell to the ground. Other players could tell someone had been around recently if they SAW an empty can on the ground  - but even better, you could pick it up and keep it & do like EVERY hobo / tramp / troop / survivalist in the WORLD for the last 100+ YEARS and build a simple fire of sticks and BOIL your WATER in the empty can.  

But they kicked that out and put in BUILDING OVENS instead.

I live in the mountains - just came back from a few days with a mate at 2400m altitude, wandering around there, hanging out and doing nothing & climbing. I use the half billy-can the petrol stove fits in, and the first can of food we open we keep it so we can make drinks, make soup while we have the other still in use. Been doing THAT for about 100+  years too (see? - I survived already)  & everywhere I ever camped, roughed it,  on 3 continents  I NEVER built a STONE OVEN ..  I ain't EVER SEEN a thing like that except in DayZ & SAS guides.  But sure, it's POSSIBLE. Someone could build an oven like that, pile some logs around one end and you've got a Log Cabin.. <duh>  ..  on the other hand - for laying low in the bush for a day or just stopping to boil your swamp-water it's pretty DUMB to get complicated. Simple survival stuff first, right ? IRL it works GREAT. 

If you just want to boil some water, carry an empty can around with you - like a billion people have done in every environment on every continent.. 

That's Easy, Obvious, Realistic, Simple and Not in the game
(anymore).

xxp

• Like 1
  • Beans 4

Hello, reading the discussion I can see here are no critical bugs, please consider updating stable this week or asap, deliver fixes as it goes, every major update announcement kills the game a little bit, people go to other games or servers since there is no point keeping a base that will be wiped

• Like 1

We should list some desirable survivalist aspects of the game including the following: bows (yes, bows are important, taking out zeds without waking up the whole town should be a thing), useful trash (empty cans like in the mod, doubt it's hard to add them), notes and maybe journals (the game's tagline is "this is your story", but I can't even write my story down for other players), fishing (should be added back, but I guess it can wait), bone fractures (hopefully will be added back). That is in addition to tweaks and fixes of some bugged mechanics, like bandanas. Again, Bohemia, what made DayZ stand out was its realism, coming from its paternal game - Arma. Aim at realism. Make survival real and interesting.

So is it just me or that the many times I caught Cholera and treated it with Antibiotics, the cure only happened after I re-log. It will not go away in the same game session.

Sorry to bring that up again.

Edited by ash2life

1 hour ago, haxordie said:

We should list some desirable survivalist aspects of the game including the following: bows (yes, bows are important, taking out zeds without waking up the whole town should be a thing), useful trash (empty cans like in the mod, doubt it's hard to add them), notes and maybe journals (the game's tagline is "this is your story", but I can't even write my story down for other players), fishing (should be added back, but I guess it can wait), bone fractures (hopefully will be added back). That is in addition to tweaks and fixes of some bugged mechanics, like bandanas. Again, Bohemia, what made DayZ stand out was its realism, coming from its paternal game - Arma. Aim at realism. Make survival real and interesting.

Some of these things are really easy to add like fractures, notes, etc., yet we're not seeing them being added. I wonder why...

31 minutes ago, IMT said:

yet we're not seeing them being added. I wonder why... 

Everyone plays, they have fun .. And if you had added everything yesterday, what should the developer do tomorrow? And so everyone has their own interests 😃

Edited by lex__1

1 minute ago, lex__1 said:

Everyone plays, they have fun .. And if you had added everything yesterday, what should the developer do tomorrow? And so everyone has their own interests 😃

Well, I'm expecting from a RELEASED survival game, to at least have the BASIC survival mechanics. And if not present at release, I would suspect them to be TOP PRIORITY.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IMT said:

Since you're having a little rant, I'm going to have my little rant too...

Oh yes, it makes fucking sense, a survival game without a bow. A game where you can create complete wooden structures but my character is too dumb to craft a simple bow. They should focus on survival aspects and balancing instead they're focussing on trivial stuff with a few odd good (new) features here and there. But the survival update which was promised, where is that? Instead, we get DLC's, woo-hoo! I can't believe the udders haven't caught on fire yet, because they're milking this cash cow damn hard.

Meanwhile, we're still playing a game where everything is made out of damn paper because my item go ruined once my character coughs. The game has been fully released for more than half a year and still we barely have seen any balancing which should've been done in fucking beta. This game is actually still in alpha but is also stuck in limbo because it gets treated as beta as well. Yet they slapped the "ready for shipping" sticker on it. This is one of those cases were you order a car and get shipped an huge box. You think "fuck yeah, finally here" and when you open it, instead of the actual car there, there is a miniature version of the car.

I don't know what to feel with this game because on one day it makes me happy and on the other it makes me fucking sad.

i think nobody would use bows and for me it is considered a RolePlay item and there for the wow factor and yea it makes sense for bows to be in a survival game but as i said its hard to implement it they want to make it polished af... People are crying for it and when they get it they not gonna use it and all that work devs put it goes to shit and for everything being made out of paper there is a mod that doubles hp for clothes

4 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

there's a good thread somewhere about SPEARS - and how it's crazy to swing with them in melee - AND how if someone comes at you with a hammer or a knife or their fists you should be able to stick your spear in their guts before they even get close.. ( but not everyone agrees)

AND [=new rant] for a long time my pet thing in DayZ was to carry an empty CAN with me - because when you finished the food in a can, the EMPTY CAN fell to the ground. Other players could tell someone had been around recently if they SAW an empty can on the ground  - but even better, you could pick it up and keep it & do like EVERY hobo / tramp / troop / survivalist in the WORLD for the last 100+ YEARS and build a simple fire of sticks and BOIL your WATER in the empty can.  

But they kicked that out and put in BUILDING OVENS instead.

I live in the mountains - just came back from a few days with a mate at 2400m altitude, wandering around there, hanging out and doing nothing & climbing. I use the half billy-can the petrol stove fits in, and the first can of food we open we keep it so we can make drinks, make soup while we have the other still in use. Been doing THAT for about 100+  years too (see? - I survived already)  & everywhere I ever camped, roughed it,  on 3 continents  I NEVER built a STONE OVEN ..  I ain't EVER SEEN a thing like that except in DayZ & SAS guides.  But sure, it's POSSIBLE. Someone could build an oven like that, pile some logs around one end and you've got a Log Cabin.. <duh>  ..  on the other hand - for laying low in the bush for a day or just stopping to boil your swamp-water it's pretty DUMB to get complicated. Simple survival stuff first, right ? IRL it works GREAT. 

If you just want to boil some water, carry an empty can around with you - like a billion people have done in every environment on every continent.. 

That's Easy, Obvious, Realistic, Simple and Not in the game
(anymore).

xxp

Idk if there are SPEARS in the game never seen them being used 
i agree with the empty can thing but you're comparing 2 very different times where back in the mod people were actually surviving and in 2019 the era of battle royale people wanting guns and pvp instead of actually surviving i think Empty cans will come back at some point either via devs or a mod

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Some of these things are really easy to add like fractures, notes, etc., yet we're not seeing them being added. I wonder why...

Well maybe because they want to make fractures realistic and make animations for it and also like program the damage for it... and notes and things like that are not really important and are not focused on and probably they want to make it better and realistic-ish and to make it work smooth and also i don't think people would use notes to write stuff except maybe messages for your team mates that are not online lol

AND ALSO Why are you all talking about Bow and arrow and Notes and writing stuff and maybe even Empty Cans Like it was DELETED AND NEVER EVER COMING BACK... they are coming back guys chill damn... They want to make everything polished and not broken Devs really had a huge make over along with DayZ and it's new engine... it changed everything.. Plus it's a new engine that doesn't exist anywhere else and they need to get used to it and figure things out and make changes under the hood and i've seen DayZ Tools and stuff they look really outdated and complicated it's Rocket science and Matrix Simulation going lol unlike Unreal Engine that is pretty much straightforward and can guide you trough it and looks nice and all while DayZ Tools look like it's made back in Windows XP era all old xD

Just chill and wait.. you don't like the game? go play something else until it's nice enough for you to come back to it...

And also... BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE NEVER LET GO OF ANY GAME THEY MADE... They will literally continue making DayZ and updating it even tho everybody hates the game Look what happend for years... People hated DayZ Standalone... yet here we are... still reading the patch notes and getting updates even tho big part of the community gave Bohemia pressure and hate.. they are still working on it and never will stop... Just saying

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

stuff

Holy fuck...this clearly shows what is wrong with this game....after failing to deliver the zombie survival game that people were hoping for and waited for about  6 years they changed plans and tailor the game now for such idiots like you...gun wielding wannabe soldiers playing battle royal...but well this is where the profit lies...

and please don't tell me ( or other longtime followers) to stop playing the game and wait until its done....that's what I (we) did since 2012...I am not touching this game ever again but as an old Arma veteran being active on BI forums  I still check these forums out of nostalgia....

• Like 3
  • Beans 3

I used the bow all the time till they took it out of the game. standalone was to not be the same as other BI games, but it seems to me that it's turning in to just another PVP Ffesst 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 3

Spoiler

i think nobody would use bows and for me it is considered a RolePlay item and there for the wow factor and yea it makes sense for bows to be in a survival game but as i said its hard to implement it they want to make it polished af... People are crying for it and when they get it they not gonna use it and all that work devs put it goes to shit and for everything being made out of paper there is a mod that doubles hp for clothes

Idk if there are SPEARS in the game never seen them being used 
i agree with the empty can thing but you're comparing 2 very different times where back in the mod people were actually surviving and in 2019 the era of battle royale people wanting guns and pvp instead of actually surviving i think Empty cans will come back at some point either via devs or a mod 

Well maybe because they want to make fractures realistic and make animations for it and also like program the damage for it... and notes and things like that are not really important and are not focused on and probably they want to make it better and realistic-ish and to make it work smooth and also i don't think people would use notes to write stuff except maybe messages for your team mates that are not online lol

AND ALSO Why are you all talking about Bow and arrow and Notes and writing stuff and maybe even Empty Cans Like it was DELETED AND NEVER EVER COMING BACK... they are coming back guys chill damn... They want to make everything polished and not broken Devs really had a huge make over along with DayZ and it's new engine... it changed everything.. Plus it's a new engine that doesn't exist anywhere else and they need to get used to it and figure things out and make changes under the hood and i've seen DayZ Tools and stuff they look really outdated and complicated it's Rocket science and Matrix Simulation going lol unlike Unreal Engine that is pretty much straightforward and can guide you trough it and looks nice and all while DayZ Tools look like it's made back in Windows XP era all old xD

Just chill and wait.. you don't like the game? go play something else until it's nice enough for you to come back to it...

And also... BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE NEVER LET GO OF ANY GAME THEY MADE... They will literally continue making DayZ and updating it even tho everybody hates the game Look what happend for years... People hated DayZ Standalone... yet here we are... still reading the patch notes and getting updates even tho big part of the community gave Bohemia pressure and hate.. they are still working on it and never will stop... Just saying

You have written a lot of things, and the essence is like this - "don’t ask anything from the publisher, everything should be as I want it and my priorities are main." Sorry, but everyone plays their own game here and expects from the game what he wants, at least what was in the game earlier. Do you want to neglect the wishes of the players and send everyone to look for mods for DayZ or play another game?
If a bow and arrow is difficult to make, then how is the crossbow implemented and working in Mods?
I am writing to you, and to people like you - if the topic is not interesting to you, pass by and don’t need to convince anyone what the game should be for them. Everyone has and can have their own priorities in this game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Holy shit, you're so self-centered. "If I don't like it probably no one will". Fuck off and stop telling me how to play the game. I used bows and notes and so did a lot of other people. Why do you think so many people want these things back? Because they were used by the community. I would use the bow constantly now, by the way. Since pistol suppressors are doing fuck all.

DayZ is a survival game, so I'm still waiting for it to turn that way. If you want a BR, go play SurvivorGamez or something.

You say that, but Bohemia keeps scratching features from this game. Who knows what's coming back or what not, nobody, only Bohemia itself but they aren't going to tell us because we won't like it. Besides, this game is released. I've sat and waited long enough, early access is over. The only reason I'm playing the game at the moment is because we have a modded community server, without that, I would not be playing DayZ because Stable and the game are broken as hell and mods make it somewhat bearable.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5
  • Beans 3

Crafted weapons are a must have in a survival type game. 

A bow is a role-playing item.....?! Wait wut... 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, McWendy said:

Crafted weapons are a must have in a survival type game. 

A bow is a role-playing item.....?! Wait wut... 

For me it is

5 hours ago, IMT said:

Holy shit, you're so self-centered. "If I don't like it probably no one will". Fuck off and stop telling me how to play the game. I used bows and notes and so did a lot of other people. Why do you think so many people want these things back? Because they were used by the community. I would use the bow constantly now, by the way. Since pistol suppressors are doing fuck all.

DayZ is a survival game, so I'm still waiting for it to turn that way. If you want a BR, go play SurvivorGamez or something.

You say that, but Bohemia keeps scratching features from this game. Who knows what's coming back or what not, nobody, only Bohemia itself but they aren't going to tell us because we won't like it. Besides, this game is released. I've sat and waited long enough, early access is over. The only reason I'm playing the game at the moment is because we have a modded community server, without that, I would not be playing DayZ because Stable and the game are broken as hell and mods make it somewhat bearable.

i don't want BR i like DayZ as it is and i did say that bow would be useful for zombies... you're talking like i said i didn't want it in the game lol i do but i don't cry about and i don't want it ASAP and notes aren't really important.. Devs said that they are working on bug fixes rather then content and if that is true we are getting hella content imagine next year when they are content focused 

8 hours ago, lex__1 said:
  Hide contents

You have written a lot of things, and the essence is like this - "don’t ask anything from the publisher, everything should be as I want it and my priorities are main." Sorry, but everyone plays their own game here and expects from the game what he wants, at least what was in the game earlier. Do you want to neglect the wishes of the players and send everyone to look for mods for DayZ or play another game?
If a bow and arrow is difficult to make, then how is the crossbow implemented and working in Mods?
I am writing to you, and to people like you - if the topic is not interesting to you, pass by and don’t need to convince anyone what the game should be for them. Everyone has and can have their own priorities in this game.

Because crossbow is a bit different then just a Bow... it shoots fast projectiles and acting more as a bullet.. i never tried it tho but that is how can i imagine it... i could imagine official bow and crossbow hitting you and have arrow sticking out of ya like in Rust and having to take it out which will require an animation to be done too.. and if it is really easy to implement... they probably just don't want to right now... and also notes those are really small part of the game that is pretty much useless so why bother doing those when they can work on fixing dem cars from despawning? 😛 i can imagine they add a bow and Notes and then your toxic ass gonna cry "Why you add notes but not fix car" So yeah... shush... 

And i also waited for DayZ to become nice and developed game for years... not once did i cry about it being slow i played it and i liked it all the way 

Because crossbow is a bit different then just a Bow... it shoots fast projectiles and acting more as a bullet.. i never tried it tho but that is how can i imagine it... i could imagine official bow and crossbow hitting you and have arrow sticking out of ya like in Rust and having to take it out which will require an animation to be done too.. and if it is really

1. Bow and crossbow differ in the degree of preparation of the shooter and the use of a crossbow makes some skills of its use easier than for archery.
2. Arrow and animation ... How does your animation work now when you pick up a cartridge from the ground or from a backpack? No need now to come up with any reasons to justify your opinion in any way.

they probably just don't want to right now... and also notes those are really small part of the game that is pretty much useless so why bother doing those when they can work on fixing dem cars from despawning? 😛 i can imagine they add a bow and Notes and then your toxic ass gonna cry "Why you add notes but not fix car" So yeah... shush... 

And i also waited for DayZ to become nice and developed game for years... not once did i cry about it being slow i played it and i liked it all the way  

3. This is not a reason for discussion. Discussions should be around what and how it should look and work. This should not create discussion of priorities. When the developer can implement this, then he will add.
I do not use cars or construction in the game, and this is not a reason for me to kick those who ask to fix it.

P.S.

Do not enter into a discussion of issues that do not interest you or have a low priority for you. Useless posts take up a lot of useful space on the forum and contribute to inflating the topic.
If you want to discuss something, create a topic about your priorities and write there.
Crying, nagging - respect the forum participants and yourself, do not expose yourself in a bad light.

Edited by lex__1
  • Beans 1

GAME Update 1.05.152363 (29.08.2019)

This update includes an update to our internal profiling systems.

FIXED

• Fixed: Infinite bleeding from corpses
  • Fixed: Player was mumbling after respawn if gagged before dying
  • Fixed: It was not possible to attach doors to the Sarka 120

The patchnotes have been updated in the header posting HERE.

When will we see a hot fix for ps4 rendering and bugs.  There seems to be alot on comms on the pc threads but never a response or comment on ps4.    I don't see how the 1.5 update will fix the issues if the update Is not a ps4 hotfix but a cross the board update?.    

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

1. Bow and crossbow differ in the degree of preparation of the shooter and the use of a crossbow makes some skills of its use easier than for archery.
2. Arrow and animation ... How does your animation work now when you pick up a cartridge from the ground or from a backpack? No need now to come up with any reasons to justify your opinion in any way.

3. This is not a reason for discussion. Discussions should be around what and how it should look and work. This should not create discussion of priorities. When the developer can implement this, then he will add.
I do not use cars or construction in the game, and this is not a reason for me to kick those who ask to fix it.

P.S.

Do not enter into a discussion of issues that do not interest you or have a low priority for you. Useless posts take up a lot of useful space on the forum and contribute to inflating the topic.
If you want to discuss something, create a topic about your priorities and write there.
Crying, nagging - respect the forum participants and yourself, do not expose yourself in a bad light.

I mean animation for taking the arrow out of your guts not picking them up in your inventory ffs 

The devs said this year is bug fixing focused... Next year is content focused... Enough said.. Deal with it.. Bye

21 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

I mean animation for taking the arrow out of your guts not picking them up in your inventory ffs 

The devs said this year is bug fixing focused... Next year is content focused... Enough said.. Deal with it.. Bye

Do not make me laugh. The game has many items with an absent or “simplified” animation of interacting with them or using them - this does not interfere with their existence and use in the game.
As experience in publishing updates shows, work and polishing problems begins when an object, animation, or function gets into the game. For this reason, players worry about the long wait and want to see it as it is. According to your reasoning and the state of the game - the game should not have been published before “polishing”?
If at the given moment the developer does not have time to add anything to the game - this is not a reason for you to create useless garbage in the topic, condemning other people's priorities with your personal priorities or views on the game.
I hope the administrator will clean all this garbage from here, and you will have respect for yourself.

• Like 2