ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.05

6 hours ago, ThePugman said:

The experience is not unique.  

That pretty much sums up my experience since "beta" and especially since "1.0" - if you really wanna call it that. But we're getting somewhere, slooooowly but steady.

Fully agree with the half backed health system, we already had a pretty decent one. Also i wanna break bones of my opponents again, gave fighting so much more depth in contrast to the standard health system (or like we germans call it: 0815 Standard - nothing special).

@MaVerick_GDZ I just hope all of this is considered as part of this year’s ‘balancing’. 2019 is rapidly drawing to a close, though. It’s a shame that one of the most influential survival games of all time, has some of the most basic survival gameplay.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, ThePugman said:

For example hypothermia should start off with minor shaking, but if it’s not taken care of, you could add a visual filter and sound effects, which would seriously impede your character. We should HAVE to use a fire to recover. Just wringing out your clothing seems a bit crap. I think what annoys me most is just losing health. There’s no depth to it. The experience is not unique. 

Yeah the way hypothermia works now is so trivialised it might as well be disabled entirely. When you get cold you get the shivers (which I will admit is a cool effect, I feel cold in my comfy chair just hearing the character's discomfort) but then you simply lose health and merely getting indoors is enough to dry off and get warm in just a few minutes! Getting out of the rain should of course help by slowing down the onset of hypothermia, but it should not let you recover in a few minutes fore eff's sake! Say getting inside and wringing out your clothing slows down the cooling down by factor 5 or so, that should give you time to get a fire going to actually recover.

Right now I will just ignore rain and cold until it has taken a bit of health off, then I'll step inside a shed or whatever for five minutes and then move on. I haven't made a fire out of necessity since 0.62!

Please @ImpulZ tell us this is something you guys will be looking into. Quickly recovering to dry and warm without fire can't be intended, can it?

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2

@Derleth and hyperthermia seems to be non-existent... unless you’re carrying cooked meat in your clothes! Imagine dying in real life because you had a few steaks in your pocket... 

What we really need, is to overheat when wearing a jacket on a sunny day.... when running for a long time... 

Also, didn’t running for long periods come with a risk of a heart attack in the legacy game? I wonder if that will return. 

And nuanced unconsciousness, based on every single stat we have . Rather than the cookie-cutter 30 seconds we all seem to get now.

5 hours ago, ThePugman said:

Also, didn’t running for long periods come with a risk of a heart attack in the legacy game? I wonder if that will return.  

I think that was one of the things they talked about in great fashion but never really implemented, just like bears and helicopters. At least i never heared of a single heart attack because of constant running in our community.

• Sad 1

I started DayZ at 0.53, my first spawn was in Three Valley.

I ran west and found the well.  It started to rain and status messages said "you're wet, you're cooling off".  I ran north to an antenna .... and looked down from there to Solnichniy.  My screen was getting blurred ... just before Solnichniy I could barely recognize anything, just listening was still good.  I heard infected people but did not see them.  I heard how I fell into a pond and died in it.  Pure immersion.

It worked once.  

It was so hard and at the same time great.  What happened that these great Survial aspects are missing?  It would be a great pity to see such basics as "mod" first.

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, Jen Coombs said:

BANDANAS ARE NOT ABLE TO BE EQUIPPED IN ps4 vERSION AFTER THE LAST UPDATES. (Oops Sorry Caps Lock) 

because that is on 1.05 not 1.04 the version consoles are on

On 8/15/2019 at 4:47 PM, ImpulZ said:

GAME Update 1.05.152551 (01.10.2019)

FIXED

• Fixed: Crafting ghillie attachments left tiny amounts of Burlap Strips
  • Fixed: Swapping heavy items while being crouched would lead to an unwanted state of the animations

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Decreased bleeding rate from wounds
  • Removed: News feed panel from the main menu

MODDING

• Changed: The memory allocation of the script modules has been increased to help the game supporting more mods
  • Fixed: An issue when too many script classes were loaded from a single script module. The system has been reworked to support up to 65k classes (was 4k)

Decreased bleeding is welcome, bleeding out in a minute from just a couple of cuts was a bit too harsh.

Some other issues:

• Sheathing and unsheathing knives has the wrong sound, sounds like a pistol mag.
  • Using R to swap magazines can still desync the removed mags so they cannot be refilled. Occasionally also leads to the weapon shooting ghost bullets. Relogging fixes the issue.
  • Open vehicle doors have no collision. You can walk back and forth through them as if they were not there.
  • Clouds have an unnatural glow at night with some very weird looking colours. They glow even when there is no moon. See screenshot:

CF5820DE1C230ECCE5ADA8E7A1F0CD8C840B9EFB

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

Not even a post, that a new exp update was released? Hmmm....

To clarify -> from a dev or com. supporter

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ

1 minute ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Not even a post, that a new exp update was released? Hmmm....

To clarify -> from a dev or com. supporter

They're doing it this way since some time back for hotfixes, they just edit the original post for the major patch, adding the latest fixes. It was announced on twitter, dunno about other medias.

18 minutes ago, Derleth said:

They're doing it this way since some time back for hotfixes, they just edit the original post for the major patch, adding the latest fixes. It was announced on twitter, dunno about other medias.

Way to let the community know about something to test out. But my guts are telling me that forum users aren't the community they wanna communicate with. "BUT WHAT ABOUT CONSOLES AND NVGS" seems to be more...communityish?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Way to let the community know about something to test out. But my guts are telling me that forum users aren't the community they wanna communicate with. "BUT WHAT ABOUT CONSOLES AND NVGS" seems to be more...communityish?

When I start up steam, I tend to notice there is an update queued for DayZ Experimental, so I come here and check the top post for changes (when the update is rather small) and check for new post (when the update is bigger). I really see no problem with that.

• Like 2

@Impulz, the status says that this was an EXP update to 1.05.152376, but STABLE also updated to 1.05.152553. Did I miss something?

[edit - the announcement was buried on page 17 of the 1.05 announcement page. We really need a new page for each one.]

Edited by helpthedeadwalk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

@Impulz, the status says that this was an EXP update to 1.05.152376, but STABLE also updated to 1.05.152553. Did I miss something?

[edit - the announcement was buried on page 17 of the 1.05 announcement page. We really need a new page for each one.]

^^ THIS!

Please go back to the old way of a fresh post for each update.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, drgullen said:

^^ THIS!

Please go back to the old way of a fresh post for each update.

Yeah this has been stated by a lot of people by now @ImpulZ but a response is way overdue.

I guess the staffmembers lost faith with this game also.

11 hours ago, McWendy said:

Yeah this has been stated by a lot of people by now @ImpulZ but a response is way overdue.

I guess the staffmembers lost faith with this game also.

Bohemia Staff lost faith with a game? 

Never. They are the only ones to actually stay and finish the game no matter how much hate they get for it 😄

3 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Bohemia Staff lost faith with a game? 

Never. They are the only ones to actually stay and finish the game no matter how much hate they get for it 😄

Stop twisting words....

i clearly stated THIS game. They dug a hole a little too deep and it's showing. 

40 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Stop twisting words....

What shows is only that they are currently low on manpower and routine when it comes to communication. The previous public personalities have left while (as far as I know) the Community Manager vacancy after Baty has still not been filled. @ImpulZ is a dev and not actually hired to handle communication or social media, he's just kind of been handled the ball out of necessity. (For all we know there might be some new person behind the DayZ twitter too, that is kept anonymous due to the toxic nature of that medium..)

I agree that posting patchnotes for a new build should be a fresh forum post, the current method is confusing and easy to mess up. That said, it is no biggie - the info is there to be found.

Edited by Derleth

9 hours ago, McWendy said:

Stop twisting words....

They will never abandon THIS game... Fyi... They will keep working on it whether people like it or not... They don't  give a goose.. They will fix it eventually. If they didn't stop for like 6 years they will certainly not stop now.. Even tho they make wrong decisions they will eventually say sorry we ducked up we changed it. Eventually. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

They will never abandon THIS game... Fyi... They will keep working on it whether people like it or not... They don't  give a goose.. They will fix it eventually. If they didn't stop for like 6 years they will certainly not stop now.. Even tho they make wrong decisions they will eventually say sorry we ducked up we changed it. Eventually. 

I'm glad that they will fix a released game "eventually"....... 

And they will keep working at it if i like it or not?! Lol..... 6 years..... ill say it again 6 years.....

3 hours ago, McWendy said:

I'm glad that they will fix a released game "eventually"....... 

And they will keep working at it if i like it or not?! Lol..... 6 years..... ill say it again 6 years.....

They "released" it so they can cash grab the consoles we all know that... And yes.. 6 years.. 6 fucking long years... With the game being shit... Run like shit most of the time... Bugs... Issues.. Game breaking stuff.. Lack of stuff... Content... Basebuilding... Mod support... People hating the devs for what they are doing with the game... Regardless of all that hate... And hopelessness.. The developers worked on the game instead of cancelling it or quitting 🙂

12 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

They "released" it so they can cash grab the consoles we all know that... And yes.. 6 years.. 6 fucking long years... With the game being shit... Run like shit most of the time... Bugs... Issues.. Game breaking stuff.. Lack of stuff... Content... Basebuilding... Mod support... People hating the devs for what they are doing with the game... Regardless of all that hate... And hopelessness.. The developers worked on the game instead of cancelling it or quitting 🙂

Exactly they "worked" on the game. And now they don't. 

You Just joined the party. Dont make it as if you have been here for that period of time. And stop making it look like we now have a good game because we dont. 

You're having fun with this game. So did i before they watered it down and made a mess. 

But ive seen your post records. Waste of time discussing with you. A New player. 

3 hours ago, McWendy said:

You Just joined the party. Dont make it as if you have been here for that period of time. And stop making it look like we now have a good game because we dont. 

You're having fun with this game. So did i before they watered it down and made a mess. 

But ive seen your post records. Waste of time discussing with you. A New player. 

uh... been playing since 0.46 ... loved back then... and now i love it even more...just because im new to the forums doesn't mean im new to the game 🙂

7 hours ago, McWendy said:

What? Straight out lie, and an obvious one at that. Updates are coming steadily and the game is better than ever. 1.06 probably won't be long now that 1.05 is out on consoles.