ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.05

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

I've been here long enough i'm not a child and new to DayZ alright... I'm an OG player and maybe YOU know how game Systems work but not new people playing... Yes i'm a new member on the forum but i have read the patch notes and the comments every single one of them from 0.63 

From 0.63, wow, I'm amazed. I've been reading them since I started playing and that was 0.54. Every single one of them. I even played the majority of Experimental builds until 0.63. Don't treat me like I'm a new player or what ever, I have been here for a long time.

Edit: but enough of these shenanigans, we have been derailing this topic for far too long.

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 2

I've been playing since 0.46 so yeah

26 minutes ago, IMT said:

From 0.63, wow, I'm amazed. I've been reading them since I started playing and that was 0.54. Every single one of them. I even played the majority of Experimental builds until 0.63. Don't treat me like I'm a new player or what ever, I have been here for a long time.

Edit: but enough of these shenanigans, we have been derailing this topic for far too long.

I did some testing with this build and my old favourite topic "infected can walk through base fences or climb over it". At some point infected were no longer able walk through the fence but they were able to climb over it. No it seems that we are back to "infected can walk through the fence" situation. Tested without barbed wire and with it, no difference. They first get stuck for a moment but finally just go through it.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, Dorka said:

I did some testing with this build and my old favourite topic "infected can walk through base fences or climb over it". At some point infected were no longer able walk through the fence but they were able to climb over it. No it seems that we are back to "infected can walk through the fence" situation. Tested without barbed wire and with it, no difference. They first get stuck for a moment but finally just go through it.

But that new enfusion engine fixed EVERYTHING , how could you POSSIBLY be having problems with the AI? Gotta confuse the player base , amirite babe ? 

• Haha 2

current Gameplay in Exp is blast compared  to 1.04 - beside a few hickups ..stuff works for the most part

Loving it so far!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 12:30 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

I said i have not seen it in game by a mod... I did play back then 0.46 patch and i did find and use crossbows but they just felt useless really and not pick them up ever... And i didn't say i want more guns im saying people would use a pew pew over a bow i feel like people will drop the bow when they find a pew pew especially with a silencer pew pew 

For PvP'ers, I'd say yes, you are correct. For those of us that want to play PvE survival, a crossbow, a bow and even a fishing pole are just as if not more important than pretty much all the "pew pews". 

Edited by Leah Snow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 8/30/2019 at 6:48 AM, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

@ImpulZ Why are there now extra files in the addons folder, another slip through?, worlds_chernarusplus_am.pbo, worlds_chernarusplus_am.pbo.dayz.bisign and worlds_chernarusplus_pe.pbo, worlds_chernarusplus_pe.pbo.dayz.bisign.... Do we need them?, will clients be able to join without them? I havnt tried it yet btw...

Still never got any Survivor Gamez keys.. meh Im over it anyhow, guess that phase has passed. And yes submitted my email not even a week after the notification post.

15 hours ago, amadieus said:

The Alpha is open to everyone now, you can just download it through Steam.

15 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

eh.. interesting must of missed that being released because the Aussie DayZ ban controversy.. Well I may check it out, but Im kinda over it before I even get started 😎

Question is can we host our own a SGZ server or play an offline mode type like in the base game??

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

56 minutes ago, Troy Uebergang said:

Not much has changed in 6 years then.

for sure the moderators are less FUN than they used to be and they don't show up so much
but hey! - I saw kichilron do a takedown just last week !

made my day

GAME Update 1.05.152376 (02.09.2019)

FIXED

• Fixed: It was not possible to equip bandanas as clothing
  • Fixed: Exploit for continuous night vision
  • Fixed: Fly sounds did not disappear after the decayed body despawned
  • Fixed: A server crash caused by repeated throwing
  • Fixed: An animation issue when carrying the sea chest or metal plate while crouched
  • Fixed: Audio of distant gunshots could be delayed or merged

The patchnotes have been updated in the header posting HERE.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

Can we PLEASE get some form of inertia in this game?

The zigzagging and sprinting from 0-100, looks so completely unfinished and arcade.

And why a fully loaded guy can sprint equally fast as a bambi? Just for shorter time? This all looks like a placeholder for me.

Is the engine capable to get inertia back? I think arma2-3 solved this oretty good. It looks authentic and people don’t look like squirrels on speed there, which change there directions in 180 degrees on fullspeed constantly.

Edited by krazikilla
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 4

A good another example is the goofy side dancing people do so commonly now.

There is some tiny inertia/slowing for turning with heavy items - (they call it Dexterity?) but sudden direction change and instant acceleration is still a large abused system in dayZ I say. It shows the most for cheesy attempts to dodge bullets by abusing it combined with inherent network delay.

Then on the other side  we can not really get behind cover and rest your guns on an item (deploy rifle on objects) to minimize exposure to the enemy and fire back more stable.

So it is really hard to judge on this with the current tools we are given engage or solve fire fights.

but hey the future can bring sweet surprises if one believes 🤝

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hellway13 said:

so nothing about bows.. see ya

What do you expect from bug-fixing patch?

Can you guys PLEASE update this to stable tomorrow? I have never seen a patch kill a game before , where is everybody? most servers are empty and the ones that remain full no longer play as they should, they play with a "purge" pvp mindset.

Edited by waffen

On 8/15/2019 at 4:47 PM, ImpulZ said:

FIXED

• Fixed: Audio of distant gunshots could be delayed or merged

WOW, this is a big one! Gonna check it out right now aaaaaaaand

FIXED

YISSSSSSSS 😆

10 minutes ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

WOW, this is a big one! Gonna check it out right now aaaaaaaand

YISSSSSSSS 😆

Isn’t it weird that we can be so excited about wearing a bandana? Sometimes, I wonder if it’s a psychological ploy...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, krazikilla said:

Can we PLEASE get some form of inertia in this game?

The zigzagging and sprinting from 0-100, looks so completely unfinished and arcade.

And why a fully loaded guy can sprint equally fast as a bambi? Just for shorter time? This all looks like a placeholder for me.

Is the engine capable to get inertia back? I think arma2-3 solved this oretty good. It looks authentic and people don’t look like squirrels on speed there, which change there directions in 180 degrees on fullspeed constantly.

1 hour ago, ash2life said:

A good another example is the goofy side dancing people do so commonly now.

There is some tiny inertia/slowing for turning with heavy items - (they call it Dexterity?) but sudden direction change and instant acceleration is still a large abused system in dayZ I say. It shows the most for cheesy attempts to dodge bullets by abusing it combined with inherent network delay.

Then on the other side  we can not really get behind cover and rest your guns on an item (deploy rifle on objects) to minimize exposure to the enemy and fire back more stable.

So it is really hard to judge on this with the current tools we are given engage or solve fire fights.

but hey the future can bring sweet surprises if one believes 🤝

I've created a ticket on it on the bug tracker [https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128664] but it was changed to custom policy, so it can no longer be publicly viewed. Why? I don't know. I had a conversation with the person working on the tickets known as "Geez", so you can read his statements below, but it's looking very good.

Anyways, here is what my ticket says and below my conversation with "Geez":

Description:

The inertia system can easily be annihilated by making use of the strafe keys ('a' and 'd') in a timed fashion. This goes for running as well as prone turns. See section 1 steps to reproduce.

Edit: I would like to add, that it is also possible to do "instant" 180° turns, while at full sprint. See section 2 of steps to reproduce.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Section 1: 1. Start sprinting using "w" and "shift"

Move your mouse to the left + press 'a' (left)

Move your mouse to the right + press 'd' (right)

You can change the amount of time between steps 2 and 3, so there you go, you have your Leroy Jenkins, Zig Zag movement, completely cancelling out the inertia changes.

Go prone and continuosly move your mouse in the same direction as you press your strafe keys.

Section 2: 1. Start sprinting using "w" and "shift"

Keep holding shift, but let go of "w"

Quickly turn the mouse 180

Press "w" again

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Solutions I could think of:

I suppose for the Zig Zag movement, you'd have to make sure, that the strafe keys have no accelerating effect on the change of direction. An idea could even be, to make them, so that the character makes a hard stop e.g. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOEJEWVWsMk#t=0m23s). That way people wouldn't feel like they don't have control while at the same time not being able to just effortlessly shift weight in zero amount of time at a high velocity.

For prone the acceleration of the "turning" also needs to be removed. It should only be allowed for crawling left and right. So I supposed there needs to be some kind of animation blending for turning and moving left and right at the same time. A simpler solution might be, to highly limit turning speed while using the strafe keys. Similar to the way you did it with the player "sitting pose" where you can turn, but only very little.

Thanks for reading
Greetings

Conversation with "Geez" (with dates):

May 21 2018, 2:37 AM

Hello Geez,

is this a topic being discussed in the dev team. Are you aware of it and is it of importance to you?

Greetings
Freerider

May 22 2018, 4:11 PM

Hello freerider3434.
The issue is being tested internally and we will let you know once we have updates on the testing progress or possibly need more information from you regarding to the issue.
Regards,
Geez

May 23 2018, 2:37 PM

Cool, thanks for the update!

Greetings

May 28 2018, 1:08 PM

Hello freerider3434.
We have confirmed the issue and we are going to look into what can be done to resolve it.
Regards,
Geez

Jun 1 2018, 9:10 PM

Happy to hear! I've made suggestions in this post, but they are design-wise and not technichal.

Greetings

Feb 7 2019, 8:36 PM

Is there a chance for this being adressed in 2019?

Feb 28 2019, 3:45 PM

Just a quick question: Have the developers made a decision yet, whether this is going to be on the table for 2019?

Mar 4 2019, 1:03 PM

Hello freerider3434.
It is indeed planned to be looked into this year.
Regards,
Geez

Mar 4 2019, 7:52 PM

Hey Geez, very happy to hear. Thank you for the update! Best regards

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Beans 2

2 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Isn’t it weird that we can be so excited about wearing a bandana? Sometimes, I wonder if it’s a psychological ploy...

Well, quite frankly I'm more excited about the cleanup on gunsounds, but come on maaaan. BANDANAAAAAAAAAS!😜

New bug with Pot and inventory!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

FIXED

Hi 🙂

If u have time, please check this Feature Request https://feedback.bistudio.com/T144320

Edited by pr9inichek

2 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

I've created a ticket on it on the bug tracker [https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128664] but it was changed to custom policy, so it can no longer be publicly viewed. Why? I don't know. I had a conversation with the person working on the tickets known as "Geez", so you can read his statements below, but it's looking very good.

Anyways, here is what my ticket says and below my conversation with "Geez":

Conversation with "Geez" (with dates):

Thanks for the info Freerider. But it the talk you had with Geez was like 1,5 Years ago..?

1 hour ago, krazikilla said:

Thanks for the info Freerider. But it the talk you had with Geez was like 1,5 Years ago..? 

This does not mean that the ticket is old. If the ticket was created as "private", then its viewing is available only for the developer and the author, for reasons of confidentiality. For example, if I want to show a bug on a ticket that I don’t want to distribute for possible abuse, I will create a private ticket.

Edited by lex__1