ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.05

10 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

They increase your immunity to sickness

Sickness from which sources ? like from driking dirty water,eating rotten food and maybe bandaging with sewing kits? does it like lower the chances to get sick/infected?

Edited by Pavlos Ge

9 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

"Fixed: Infected are now chasing only non dynamic targets"

- What does this mean, exactly?

Clarified it a bit, infected used to chase cars and other objects that didn't really make sense for them to hunt, getting them stuck.

9 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

"Tweaked: Bandaging using a rag or bandanna no longer causes the wound infection, because wound infection had no effect on player characters"

- Is this something that will be revisited in the future, or has the idea been scrapped?

The system needs more tweaking, before it can be implemented.

3 minutes ago, Pavlos Ge said:

Sickness from which sources ? like from driking dirty water,eating rotten food and maybe bandaging with sewing kits? does it like lowers the chances to get sick/infected?

Diseases are practically a struggle of immunity versus disease agents inside your character. Once you are consuming too many, you will fall sick eventually.

• Like 1
  • Beans 5

On 8/19/2019 at 12:21 PM, hemmo said:

No you dont.

It was like that untill 0.61. You really dooonnt want it. 

Currently we run way too fast uphill. This surely needs to be tweaked. Obviously not the walking speed from 0.62.

• Beans 2

Perfect changes to the medical/disease/health system, thank you!

Just had a small try and got Salmonella after eating raw meat, had to throw up and lost a good portion of my hydration. Went from just white to red. Finally it is something to watch out for. 

Also, I like how when hydration is red that you will stop regenerating any blood. 

A few suggestions:
- Stop health regeneration when blood is red
- Perhaps give diseases a longer time before it appears after eating raw meat or drinking dirty water. Now it happens mostly instantly
- I still would like to have a disease or two that can kill you when not treated

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Clarified it a bit, infected used to chase cars and other objects that didn't really make sense for them to hunt, getting them stuck.

The system needs more tweaking, before it can be implemented.

Diseases are practically a struggle of immunity versus disease agents inside your character. Once you are consuming too many, you will fall sick eventually.

Thanks for the update, it's actually quite good and a step in the right direction.

Mostly talking about the way health/blood works now in combat, much more immersive and lethal, bleeding out is now an actual threat.

However, it would be nice if we knew how much bullet damage was reduced (just give an example at a certain range), I frankly didn't really like how previously it would take 5 hits or sometimes even more to kill someone with 556, though there may also be some accuracy issues at play....

Still, anthing that makes combat less extreme, either getting one shot by 762 even at 800m or taking 5+ 556/545 hits and getting away without serious injury, is good in my book.

In regards to the other new mechanics, the vaulting is definitely great and long awaited, the VoN change is quite welcome and unexpected, improving the throwing physics is also awesome.

The Amphibia is also quite welcome, a new caliber or type of weapon is a lot more useful and refreshing than getting another 9mm semi like the Glock.

Perhaps the crossbow would've been a better addition at this point, kinda making the theme of this update about actually surviving (silent weapons, more lethal combat, disease etc etc....)

It's just a shame we don't get to know what you guys are working on beforehand.

• Beans 1

What are the current raw damages on .22LR , .380ACP and 9x19mm ? are they all the same or is there a difference -  "21 damage" ?

Edited by ash2life
Mentioned Bug was not reproduceable hours later
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

I guess this refers to when they end up camping a parked car and ignore nearby players unless attacked (sometimes even then)? They will still chase players driving I hope?

Or is it how they will occasionally lock on a thrown object instead of searching the area around it - and ignore players/gunfire?

They will stupidly stand looking at a burning smoke grenade until it is spent, but I kind of like that, it is useful to trick them so you can sneak past. I'm playing on a server with significantly increased infected count, so sometimes it is life or death...

I hope it does not refer to animals though, infected chasing livestock around and fighting wolves is very DayZ and sacrificing that would be very sad.

By the way, bulls and boars should be more aggressive and actually attack players/infected depending on proximity/provocation. (Irl they are in fact more dangerous to humans than wolves...)

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

27 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

Thanks for the update, it's actually quite good and a step in the right direction.

Mostly talking about the way health/blood works now in combat, much more immersive and lethal, bleeding out is now an actual threat.

However, it would be nice if we knew how much bullet damage was reduced (just give an example at a certain range), I frankly didn't really like how previously it would take 5 hits or sometimes even more to kill someone with 556, though there may also be some accuracy issues at play....

Still, anthing that makes combat less extreme, either getting one shot by 762 even at 800m or taking 5+ 556/545 hits and getting away without serious injury, is good in my book.

In regards to the other new mechanics, the vaulting is definitely great and long awaited, the VoN change is quite welcome and unexpected, improving the throwing physics is also awesome.

The Amphibia is also quite welcome, a new caliber or type of weapon is a lot more useful and refreshing than getting another 9mm semi like the Glock.

Perhaps the crossbow would've been a better addition at this point, kinda making the theme of this update about actually surviving (silent weapons, more lethal combat, disease etc etc....)

It's just a shame we don't get to know what you guys are working on beforehand.

Wouldnt be much surprise then if we knew Everything of what they are doing....

Decaying bodies... thats awesome to see implemented.. btw how long do bodies stay before de-spawning? I havnt stuck about lately to find out.

Zombies dont react to all sounds now? I think that what ImpulZ meant, if so what sounds trigger them? besides the obvious VON and non suppressed gunfire.

Regarding the body parts rendering fix, Whats the max distance one can view another player? I did a sniping test a while back and they stopped rendering at about 1000m-1100m which I think should be extended to the upper 1500m distance.. My max snipe range is only as far as a rendered player which I know should be further by a little.. 1.5klm for a static target seems realistic with an ideal caliber.

Burning a steak never got me sick before... maybe decrease its edible quantity value when burnt rather then making it poisonous?, to something like a mushroom or alike so it takes one or two munches to eat with less nutrition.

Why did the chat key get changed from / key to enter key?.. Im a bit confused as to why that was done... I used enter key to.. well enter into 1pp when I play on 3pp servers when entering into combat.

Anyway good content keep it coming Devs.. im off to bug test the new build.. 🎑🌏🛸㊙️🉑️

So now that you can be poisoned from containers, are you going to add back in the option to empty them?

Also, why are you adding another vehicle when vehicles aren't working correctly? Why is a vehicle flying through the air even a thing? Come on, get this shit together.

3 minutes ago, FubarFrank said:

Also, why are you adding another vehicle when vehicles aren't working correctly? Why is a vehicle flying through the air even a thing?

To get to Hogwarts of course... 👍

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS
  • Haha 2

On 8/16/2019 at 2:47 PM, ImpulZ said:

Looking into this one, the infected still require a lot of work.

Are the infected get the abilitys to climb like the players?

At this moment the player is 100% safe standing on an object.

The infected must be more difficult to handle!

• Like 1

Should add the decay to dead dead zeds,.. with the flies an all... would be good to see..

I notice that the advanced stage of decay makes the skin look like its missing textures on some characters maria, seth, frida.. and the flies sound still remains after the bodies despawn..

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

9 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Why did the chat key get changed from / key to enter key?.. Im a bit confused as to why that was done... I used enter key to.. well enter into 1pp when I play on 3pp servers when entering into combat.

🎑🌏🛸㊙️🉑️

U can use "V" key for change view, it's more useful like "Enter"

7 hours ago, Aussie Cleetus said:

Added: New vehicle Sarka 120 with attachments

How about the bloody M3S. That was supposed to be in 1.0 ffs

If I allow myself to speculate wildly, it is due to the physics bug that will occasionally send cars into orbit when the driver (or another player nearby) has poor connection with high ping and packet losses. Maybe @ImpulZ can confirm, but I remember someone saying the bug is somehow related to suspension simulation getting out of control. The M3S has six wheels - meaning more points being simulated between vehicle and ground - so it is probably even more sensitive to this bug than the four-wheeled cars. The M3S itself probably just needs a few tweaks if it isn't completed already, but I don't think they will put it back in before the Harry Potter bug is dealt with for good.

Edited by Derleth

13 hours ago, FubarFrank said:

So now that you can be poisoned from containers, are you going to add back in the option to empty them?

Also, why are you adding another vehicle when vehicles aren't working correctly? Why is a vehicle flying through the air even a thing? Come on, get this shit together.

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

If I allow myself to speculate wildly, it is due to the physics bug that will occasionally send cars into orbit when the driver (or another player nearby) has poor connection with high ping and packet losses. Maybe @ImpulZ can confirm, but I remember someone saying the bug is somehow related to suspension simulation getting out of control. The M3S has six wheels - meaning more points being simulated between vehicle and ground - so it is probably even more sensitive to this bug than the four-wheeled cars. The M3S itself probably just needs a few tweaks if it isn't completed already, but I don't think they will put it back in before the Harry Potter bug is dealt with for good.

That flying car bug is not really a bug all that much... Probably car physics are handled by the server meaning Good server = no Ron Wissly's car if you know what i mean xD 

EDIT: And also about the M3S truck i agree with you on that what you said it has 6 wheels so needs to be tweaked but maybe they will add more variants of it so they need to tweak it all of them... Also what about that BTR mod? It has a lot wheels i didn't see it bug out due to that? 

Tl:dr find a good server and cars will not fly... Official servers suck for this tbh 

Edited by KajMak64Bit2
Added something

8 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Should add the decay to dead dead zeds,.. with the flies an all... would be good to see..

I notice that the advanced stage of decay makes the skin look like its missing textures on some characters maria, seth, frida.. and the flies sound still remains after the bodies despawn..

Maria, seth, frida?

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

That flying car bug is not really a bug all that much... Probably car physics are handled by the server meaning Good server = no Ron Wissly's car if you know what i mean xD 

EDIT: And also about the M3S truck i agree with you on that what you said it has 6 wheels so needs to be tweaked but maybe they will add more variants of it so they need to tweak it all of them... Also what about that BTR mod? It has a lot wheels i didn't see it bug out due to that? 

Tl:dr find a good server and cars will not fly... Official servers suck for this tbh 

Well as far as I know most or all modded cars work from the existing cars in-game, so even if the model is a ginormous truck with eight wheels, to the server it is like an Ada 4x4 or whatever vehicle the modder used.

And server performance cannot be the whole truth. On my own server the Harry Potter things tend to happen only when my brother's mobile internet line goes haywire (usually caused by his kids watching Netflix). When he is not playing (or his connection is stable) cars run like a dream, but once he starts lagging all cars need to be left by the side of the road. According to logs the server fps never drops below 2,000 despite heaps of infected, memory usage is low and the server is on a 500/500 MB line.

Edited by Derleth

21 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Well as far as I know most or all modded cars work from the existing cars in-game, so even if the model is a ginormous truck with eight wheels to the server it is like an Ada 4x4 or whatever vehicle the modder used.

And server performance cannot be the whole truth. On my own server the Harry Potter things tend to happen only when my brother's mobile internet line goes haywire (usually caused by his kids watching Netflix). When he is not playing (or his connection is stable) cars run like a dream, but once he starts lagging all cars need to be left by the side of the road. According to logs the server fps never drops below 2,000 despite heaps of infected, memory usage is low and the server is on a 500/500 MB line.

Oh.. So server perfomance isn't the whole thing... Well that makes sense.. What you said.. Internet lag is there too so that makes sense... Still.. What i said (i think i said) cars = server quality.. So better server quality including server perfomance and it's connection makes for cars working fine... So that isn't really a bug it's more optimization issue that's my opinion on cars... I was sooo scared at first about driving the car but i educated my self a bit and learnt that if cars are behaving bad that i should switch servers 😄

Certain bullet calibers might be inefficient over range

Please fix the above first before implementing, it affects players much

21 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

So they don't chase cars anymore?

1 hour ago, hemmo said:

Certain bullet calibers might be inefficient over range

Please fix the above first before implementing, it affects players much

Of course they will fix that before going stable... it's a stupid thing to remind them if they already know it.. besides that is what experimental is to test and fix things before stable

11 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

can you clarify that?

Is decay in, but only on players and not on infected?
Are flies in? On players? Or only on servers with GoreZ?

"flies sound still remains after the bodies despawn" suggests flies are in...