ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.05

18 minutes ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

Yes because in a post apocalypse the ONLY important thing is not getting water on yourself .... this is a pretty stupid argument but more freedom is always better, why would any of you want to be camera locked when you perform any action in the apocalypse ? 

you can look around by pressing ALT key... lol

Guys...lets me explain one point.

If u have nothing informative to say - shut the fuck up.

Post your shit on reddit, steam,facebook,whatsapp what ever. But stay away from release threads.

This thread should be informative, bugtracker links are welcome.

Regards

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Hello. Just logued this morning, and my 3pp character just been teleported from Green mountain to south of Svetlo mili base... Houps... 

You joined a different server and you got teleported because you switched servers to prevent server hopping

3 hours ago, mainmanfr said:

Hello. Just logued this morning, and my 3pp character just been teleported from Green mountain to south of Svetlo mili base... Houps... 

We have just release a new Experimental update, version 1.05.152347.

The patchnotes have been updated in the header posting HERE.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

You joined a different server and you got teleported because you switched servers to prevent server hopping

Of course, but why I am in a middle of a field that isn't a spawn point... And I didn't did server hopping. I just relogued one day after 🙂 , on a 3pp public exp server. That is a bug, not a feature. I played Saturday and my character was in Pulkovo. Monday morning my character was in Pulkovo to, on a different server. So why today in the North East 😞

7 minutes ago, mainmanfr said:

Of course, but why I am in a middle of a field that isn't a spawn point... And I didn't did server hopping. I just relogued one day after 🙂 , on a 3pp public exp server. That is a bug, not a feature. I played Saturday and my character was in Pulkovo. Monday morning my character was in Pulkovo to, on a different server. So why today in the North East 😞

Some players abused the transition from server to server in order to get into a favorable position in relation to the enemy or other intentions. In 1.4, changes were made - the player will appear at random coordinates if the player switched from one server to another.

Edited by lex__1

On 8/15/2019 at 4:47 PM, ImpulZ said:

Tweaked: Stamina consumption for jump/climb increased 

Review the weight characteristics of all classes. They have an unrealistic heavy weight. For example:
1. Weight is usually about 53 grams
220px-Bateria6F22.jpg
In the game, its weight is 250g
2. Weight: 280g (with standard battery

10607.400.jpg
In the game, its weight is 2 kg. Mounting on a backpack, increases the total weight by  2+1 kg more.

......The game has a lot of items that have an amazingly large weight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

Some players abused the transition from server to server in order to get into a favorable position in relation to the enemy or other intentions. In 1.4, changes were made - the player will appear at random coordinates if the player switched from one server to another.

Which is dumb if it moves you after several hours not playing/switching servers. Some people go on random servers without the intention of server hopping but just go on a high populated server. It should reduce server hopping, not reduce the  desire to play Stable.

• Beans 1

@ImpulZ i see there are no more new threads on EXP updates. You now keep adding in this thread. 

I dont know if it's laziness or just for convenience sake, but you have to understand the discussions and testing of mechanics will now be over a broader range of things and discussions will be overlapsed/overseen/overlooked or ignored by the sheer amount of dialogues that take place.

It won't make things more clear thats for sure. Well imo at least. 😉

• Like 4
  • Beans 1

Amazing finding more frequent rifles with ammo in it or a scope attachment. Needs repairs - never less the right rewarding feel!

Anyone thought about taking out the Duct Tapes ability to repair firearms?

Adding to the weight issues with some Items :

There are the Splitting Axe and the Pick Axe that are listed as 1KG. No way any of these two are 1 KG for real. Think about it.

Edited by ash2life
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

So tell me one thing.

Why do you guys advise to defragment a harddrive these days?

Most people use an ssd these days and defragmenting one of those shortens the lifespan considerably and they dont need defragmenting to begin with.

Edited by catfishfreak9
  • Beans 1

6 minutes ago, catfishfreak9 said:

So tell me one thing.

Most people use an ssd these days and defragmenting one of those shortens the lifespan considerably and they dont need defragmenting to begin with.

HDDs still do need defragmenting, and most people actually still use HDDs for large storage such as games.
Besides, with most SSDs, it shouldn't allow you to "degragment" it anyway.

haven't started a manual defrag process in what 6 years - last seen in WinXP days

• Beans 1

32 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

HDDs still do need defragmenting, and most people actually still use HDDs for large storage such as games.

True HDDs do need defragging. It makes a difference.  - but you can set them to autodefrag, so they do it while the computer is quiet.. this works pretty well.
But if you LIKE a game.. you are a FAN of DayZ - then leave win OS on your HDD and put ALL the gamefiles, the launch, your personal directory DayZ files (relocate them) , and the windows  pagefile.sys on a little SSD.  That's not a big expense.
.. game will run faster and smoother. With your pagefile on the SSD windows will run faster too - if you notice it. 

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, catfishfreak9 said:

So tell me one thing.

People who defrag SSD must be blind and stupid because they clearly said "Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading big updates" Not SSD

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

People who defrag SSD must be blind and stupid because they clearly said "Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading big updates" Not SSD

Yeah those people are more common then you think. Some dont know the difference.

2 hours ago, catfishfreak9 said:

Yeah those people are more common then you think. Some dont know the difference.

Bruh.. 

On 8/27/2019 at 10:12 PM, hellway13 said:

bows and arrows please!!!!

Bows and arrows are really complicated to implement and plus they are shit for everything except maybe animal hunting and probs zombies... Anyways not worth to prioritize Bows and arrows instead of something more useful and better... Like more clothes.. Backpacks... Basebuilding.. Soft skills.. Bug fixes many things are more important then bow and arrow.. Plz stop crying for bow and arrow and wait until they come back in an update... have patience jesus christ

EDIT: Removed some nasty language

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Shut the F up about Bows and Arrows y'all fcking annoying Bows and arrows are really complicated to implement and plus they are shit for everything except maybe animal hunting and probs zombies... Anyways not worth to prioritize Bows and arrows instead of something more useful and better... Like more clothes.. Backpacks... Basebuilding.. Soft skills.. Bug fixes many things are more important then bow and arrow.. Plz stop crying for bow and arrow and wait until they come back in an update... Fck sake have patience jesus christ

i suggest your list makes more sense in the opposite direction:

-Bug fixing

-Basebuilding (id like to see some improvised shelter one could build in the woods, one wich would be harder to see than a little tent. bulded with long stiks and barks)

-Bow and arrows

-the full leather Clothes crafting ability

i not meant to annoy you, but it seemed you where in a bit of a rage while typing. And One could easely misunderstood why you put backpacks and clothes in the firstplace. And i guessed you dident meant such a glittery green fancy backback, did you 😄

have a nice journy

• Like 2

Sneak in some changes to the zombie_territories.xml file next update please. Zombie spawns could really use some work/diversification.

• Like 1