ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.05

Ps4 has better hardware than the xbox 1 S. The game runs better on the Xbox. This is a case of optimization issues. That's the truth. Maybe don't speak on things you obviously know nothing about. Your posts are littering up the forum.

Edited by took g
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, took g said:

Ps4 has better hardware than the xbox 1 S. The game runs better on the Xbox. This is a case of optimization issues. That's the truth. Maybe don't speak on things you obviously know nothing about. Your posts are littering up the forum.

Hah new guys acting tough already. Go back to the console side of the forums please. Nothing for you here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, took g said:

Same issues slow PC has... I get stutters when i am on HDD which is my experimental.. And my stable is on SSD and i get no stutters.. I used to play on 2 core 4 thread Pentium G4560... Stutter happend lot more including HDD... I got an SSD it was better... And then got an i3-8100 even less stutters combined with SSD... 

Basically same issues happens if your system is slow.. So it is indeed that PS4 is slow compared to Xbox.. Why does Sony have so many exclusive games only found on PlayStation? Because they want to trick people into buying PS4... Xbox is closer to a PC then PS4 is

40 minutes ago, took g said:

Optimization for consoles are pretty non existent... They literally copy paste PC version and add keybinds and different inventory system... That literally it... Plus DayZ devs don't work on consoles... It's a separate team in Germany i think not sure but yea they are different teams plus they said that after they make an update they send the game to that team and they do things to it to make it a console version as i said Keybinds and inventory system

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

devs said this year is bug fixing focused... Next year is content focused... Enough said.. Deal with it.. Bye

u do realize you are on a forum full of people who have been here since the beginning.  you yourself have admitted that you have only been here since .63.  the people you are explaining the bow and xbow to have been able to use them in game unlike yourself and already k ow how they work therefor not needing an explanation.  stop telling people who have been playing years longer than you how to play the game.  (yes i realize in the same post u stated u had played in the .43 era but if u have not seen the xbow in the game that would be false.  even so many of us have been here lots longer)

as for the bow, it would be amazing in all kinds of scenarios.  i used it with almost every character as i am playing the game as a survival game not as a pvp game.  

how well the bow would do in pvp is a completely useless point as not only is anything that can kill you usefull in pvp given the right scenario, but also maybe.... just maybe.... not everyone who plays dayz is a pew pew pvper who just wants more guns.  

craftable weapons are a must in a good survival game.  ive only played twice since release date but i check these forums every day crossing my fingers that the survival game i love will return and i can jump in completely refreshed and ready to survive.  

ill keep checking every day.  hopefully one of these days will be my christmas morning.

Edited by FunkInYourTrunk
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

What happened to all of the USA Experimental servers? I do a search and can only find two from the UK at over 245 ping to them. I was playing on a DayZ US Southeast 1-1 (Experimental/Unstable) server for some time, and poof, no announcement and it is gone?!  It has been gone for over a week now, and losing hope it will ever come back online like the others. The previous EXP server that disappeared was DAYZ US CentralEast 1-0 server, that is when I moved to the SouthEast 1-1, now it also has been taken down most likely.

The same thing happened to the previous USA EXP server I was on, it was just suddenly taken off with no announcement.

The same thing has happened to 3 regular official servers (non-exp and non server hop, just moving to a new one once the previous one is taken offline for over a month) I played on where I had bases, cars, etc... and one after the other have been removed. 

Why is this happening? Kinda useless working at developing anything on these official servers as they are suddenly just taken offline indefinitely.

The worst part of it all, is that each time I expect it to happen (updates) I load up all of my weapons on me and when I start a new server, Im back on the coast again (happened again this morning when I was forced to join a new server due to my previous 1.04 official no longer being available for over a week or two now.

There also seems to be a problem on the timers, when servers crash. Example, I am running about, server crashes I get logged off. I log back on and am forced to wait 60 sec to join because it thinks I did not wait for the timer to logout, when in fact it was the server just restarted.

Edited by RuffZ

1 hour ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

u do realize you are on a forum full of people who have been here since the beginning.  you yourself have admitted that you have only been here since .63.  the people you are explaining the bow and xbow to have been able to use them in game unlike yourself and already k ow how they work therefor not needing an explanation.  stop telling people who have been playing years longer than you how to play the game.  (yes i realize in the same post u stated u had played in the .43 era but if u have not seen the xbow in the game that would be false.  even so many of us have been here lots longer)

as for the bow, it would be amazing in all kinds of scenarios.  i used it with almost every character as i am playing the game as a survival game not as a pvp game.  

how well the bow would do in pvp is a completely useless point as not only is anything that can kill you usefull in pvp given the right scenario, but also maybe.... just maybe.... not everyone who plays dayz is a pew pew pvper who just wants more guns.  

craftable weapons are a must in a good survival game.  ive only played twice since release date but i check these forums every day crossing my fingers that the survival game i love will return and i can jump in completely refreshed and ready to survive.  

ill keep checking every day.  hopefully one of these days will be my christmas morning.

This ^

5 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

This thread is a complete shit-show.

And @ImpulZ this^ 

But you didnt even respond you Just added to the header again. 

Seperate build threads no matter how small the update!! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

I said i have not seen it in game by a mod... I did play back then 0.46 patch and i did find and use crossbows but they just felt useless really and not pick them up ever... And i didn't say i want more guns im saying people would use a pew pew over a bow i feel like people will drop the bow when they find a pew pew especially with a silencer pew pew 

3 hours ago, RuffZ said:

What happened to all of the USA Experimental servers? I do a search and can only find two from the UK at over 245 ping to them. I was playing on a DayZ US Southeast 1-1 (Experimental/Unstable) server for some time, and poof, no announcement and it is gone?!  It has been gone for over a week now, and losing hope it will ever come back online like the others. The previous EXP server that disappeared was DAYZ US CentralEast 1-0 server, that is when I moved to the SouthEast 1-1, now it also has been taken down most likely.

The same thing happened to the previous USA EXP server I was on, it was just suddenly taken off with no announcement.

The same thing has happened to 3 regular official servers (non-exp and non server hop, just moving to a new one once the previous one is taken offline for over a month) I played on where I had bases, cars, etc... and one after the other have been removed. 

Why is this happening? Kinda useless working at developing anything on these official servers as they are suddenly just taken offline indefinitely.

The worst part of it all, is that each time I expect it to happen (updates) I load up all of my weapons on me and when I start a new server, Im back on the coast again (happened again this morning when I was forced to join a new server due to my previous 1.04 official no longer being available for over a week or two now.

There also seems to be a problem on the timers, when servers crash. Example, I am running about, server crashes I get logged off. I log back on and am forced to wait 60 sec to join because it thinks I did not wait for the timer to logout, when in fact it was the server just restarted.

They just disabled them not deleted... They did this to force people on a few servers for stress testing the perfomance and things like that... They said Internal profiling.. If everything goes well we get 1.05 Stable next week

16 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

I said i have not seen it in game by a mod... I did play back then 0.46 patch and i did find and use crossbows but they just felt useless really and not pick them up ever... And i didn't say i want more guns im saying people would use a pew pew over a bow i feel like people will drop the bow when they find a pew pew especially with a silencer pew pew 

Against people, yeah, I would take a gun over a (cross)bow. But against the infected, they will be the most effective weapon against them, especially with the extra slot in which you can carry a (cross)bow and a weapon. Again, suppressors do NOT work against infected so the only reason I would pickup a suppressed gun is for people, not infected.

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, IMT said:

Against people, yeah, I would take a gun over a (cross)bow. But against the infected, they will be the most effective weapon against them, especially with the extra slot in which you can carry a (cross)bow and a weapon. Again, suppressors do NOT work against infected so the only reason I would pickup a suppressed gun is for people, not infected.

To be fair, once they fix the Amphibia bug, it will be amazing for zombies. But year, bow would be best, for sure. Silently killing zeds will definitely save your life.

Just now, ThePugman said:

To be fair, once they fix the Amphibia bug, it will be amazing for zombies. But year, bow would be best, for sure. Silently killing zeds will definitely save your life.

True, but they should fix pistol suppressors as well. Let's be honest here, it's totally shit. If you shoot once or twice with a suppressed pistol, you're going to aggro the entire population of a town or city, which shouldn't be right. Even if it somewhat is realistic (which I doubt), we also need to look at it from a gameplay perspective.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IMT said:

True, but they should fix pistol suppressors as well. Let's be honest here, it's totally shit. If you shoot once or twice with a suppressed pistol, you're going to aggro the entire population of a town or city, which shouldn't be right. Even if it somewhat is realistic (which I doubt), we also need to look at it from a gameplay perspective.

I use suppressed pistol and they don't aggro as much as you say. The infected slowly make their way towards the shots, but only in a certain radius around you, not the entire town. 

Suppressed rifle is another deal though. 

There are currently mods that make them more efficient, so in the mean time we can use this workaround.

Also this thread, and most threads, need to be cleaned. I miss the time when the mods were doing a fantastic job on the forums.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Thank you for that info. I will hold off then and wait to rejoin my same EXP server once the re-activate them, without being booted to the coastal areas.

Just now, odin_lowe said:

I use suppressed pistol and they don't aggro as much as you say. The infected slowly make their way towards the shots, but only in a certain radius around you, not the entire town. 

Suppressed rifle is another deal though. 

There are currently mods that make them more efficient, so in the mean time we can use this workaround.

Also this thread, and most threads, need to be cleaned. I miss the time when the mods were doing a fantastic job on the forums.

Which pistol were you shooting though? Because if I shoot a FNX suppressed, it attracts all the infected in the tent area of Tisy. Suppressed pistols should be a very good way to take infected out silently, realistic or not. Rifle suppressors should indeed be loud and attract a lot of infected.

I always said "I use my pistol with suppressor for infected and a rifle with suppressor for people".

@ImpulZ Why are there now extra files in the addons folder, another slip through?, worlds_chernarusplus_am.pbo, worlds_chernarusplus_am.pbo.dayz.bisign and worlds_chernarusplus_pe.pbo, worlds_chernarusplus_pe.pbo.dayz.bisign.... Do we need them?, will clients be able to join without them? I havnt tried it yet btw...

Still never got any Survivor Gamez keys.. meh Im over it anyhow, guess that phase has passed. And yes submitted my email not even a week after the notification post.

49 minutes ago, IMT said:

Which pistol were you shooting though? Because if I shoot a FNX suppressed, it attracts all the infected in the tent area of Tisy. Suppressed pistols should be a very good way to take infected out silently, realistic or not. Rifle suppressors should indeed be loud and attract a lot of infected.

I always said "I use my pistol with suppressor for infected and a rifle with suppressor for people".

1 hour ago, IMT said:

1 hour ago, ThePugman said:

1 hour ago, IMT said:

I find that once a suppressor gets RUINED then it's NOT working and attracts the infected  as a unsuppressed gun would.. so it's more a YOU problem and not THE GAME problem... maintain your Suppresors everybody! They have low health so they break easily not realistic and not even balancing it's just bullshit but eh.. you got infinite duct tape glitch so just keep on fixin' em... That's when you get that bug that a pistol attracts every zombie... and tbh i somewhat don't care because i kill zombies with melee always unless i want to clear the area of em and attract everyone 🙂 

2 hours ago, IMT said:

I try to shoot at close range in the head. One shot or two, but between shots you need a pause of 4-5 seconds. If you shoot without a pause:
- the second shot will be heard by all zombies in a radius of 40-50 meters
- suppressor wear is faster.
Single shots with pauses of 4-5 seconds - less destroy the muffler. This is of course nonsense, but I hope this will be fixed. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T137397
As they wrote, the distance to the zombies matters, you need to be prepared for this, a single shot can attract everyone within a radius of 30-40 meters.

Edited by lex__1

7 hours ago, IMT said:

Which pistol were you shooting though?

Mostly the CR and FNX, but sometimes the makarov too. 

I understand there's still lots of work, but there are some solutions out there at least.

Anyway right now on experimental I use the MP5 suppressed, but the infected are a joke and acting pretty weird lately.

Oh, and I fix my suppressors when they get to "badly damaged" with a gun cleaning kit, they then go back to "worn". 

7 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

I find that once a suppressor gets RUINED then it's NOT working and attracts the infected  as a unsuppressed gun would.. so it's more a YOU problem and not THE GAME problem... maintain your Suppresors everybody! They have low health so they break easily not realistic and not even balancing it's just bullshit but eh.. you got infinite duct tape glitch so just keep on fixin' em... That's when you get that bug that a pistol attracts every zombie... and tbh i somewhat don't care because i kill zombies with melee always unless i want to clear the area of em and attract everyone 🙂 

I am not stupid, I know how the game systems work. Maybe you need to back off a bit because you're starting to be a pain to those who have been long here before you.

6 hours ago, lex__1 said:

I try to shoot at close range in the head. One shot or two, but between shots you need a pause of 4-5 seconds. If you shoot without a pause:
- the second shot will be heard by all zombies in a radius of 40-50 meters
- suppressor wear is faster.
Single shots with pauses of 4-5 seconds - less destroy the muffler. This is of course nonsense, but I hope this will be fixed. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T137397
As they wrote, the distance to the zombies matters, you need to be prepared for this, a single shot can attract everyone within a radius of 30-40 meters.

Well that doesn't make any sense anyway. If I miss my headshot, I'm going to have to shoot twice. If I shoot twice, I'm going to aggro more thus use my pistol again more. That time at Tisy, I missed the headshot so had to shoot twice. All of the sudden, I had 15 (not even joking) coming towards me. It resulted in me going loud with my rifle.

58 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Mostly the CR and FNX, but sometimes the makarov too. 

I understand there's still lots of work, but there are some solutions out there at least.

Anyway right now on experimental I use the MP5 suppressed, but the infected are a joke and acting pretty weird lately.

Oh, and I fix my suppressors when they get to "badly damaged" with a gun cleaning kit, they then go back to "worn". 

Yes and that is another thing I hate, the paper items in this game. We really need some balance in this game.

10 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Still never got any Survivor Gamez keys.. meh Im over it anyhow, guess that phase has passed. And yes submitted my email not even a week after the notification post.

The Alpha is open to everyone now, you can just download it through Steam.

15 hours ago, amadieus said:

The Alpha is open to everyone now, you can just download it through Steam.

eh.. interesting must of missed that being released because the Aussie DayZ ban controversy.. Well I may check it out, but Im kinda over it before I even get started 😎

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

11 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

I only play 1.05 now. Where there’s no infinite duct tape, so it definitely needs more balance.

5 hours ago, IMT said:

I am not stupid, I know how the game systems work. Maybe you need to back off a bit because you're starting to be a pain to those who have been long here before you.

I've been here long enough i'm not a child and new to DayZ alright... I'm an OG player and maybe YOU know how game Systems work but not new people playing... Yes i'm a new member on the forum but i have read the patch notes and the comments every single one of them from 0.63