ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.05

4 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

uh... been playing since 0.46 ... loved back then... and now i love it even more...just because im new to the forums doesn't mean im new to the game 🙂

You were 13 when you started playing. Where were your testing phases? Order did you only go pew pew?

25 minutes ago, Derleth said:

What? Straight out lie, and an obvious one at that. Updates are coming steadily and the game is better than ever. 1.06 probably won't be long now that 1.05 is out on consoles.

If it's a lie then why do we even have a worse game then we had.

You both are clueless. This game is not what it was supposed to be. Put my survival back and I will shut up. Untill then..... 

22 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Bohemia tried to explain this many times in the last year:

This is DayZ remastered.

In the past 2 years they developed the game on a new engine and added many animations to make the game feel and look better, only to allow them to continue development with better results and extend the life of the game for years.

So they are not picking up from where they "left it" at build 0.62 and now they are being lazy. They are actually re-developing everything again, except for the assest, which will probably change in the future also.

Have some faith.

1 minute ago, Tarkules said:

Bohemia tried to explain this many times in the last year:

This is DayZ remastered.

In the past 2 years they developed the game on a new engine and added many animations to make the game feel and look better, only to allow them to continue development with better results and extend the life of the game for years.

So they are not picking up from where they "left it" at build 0.62 and now they are being lazy. They are actually re-developing everything again, except for the assest, which will probably change in the future also.

Have some faith.

I had for the better part of the last 6 years. Fading rapidly now.

I'm glad you guys are still having faith. I had faith too. Just as much as a lot of oldtimers here. We all had faith. 

You'll get there dont worry. 

1 hour ago, Tarkules said:

They are actually re-developing everything again...

Except that yeah, they actually are not.  I think this is where McWendy and others have "lost the faith".

I think what most people expected was a "remastered" DayZ on a new engine, which we understood would at first not contain all the features that .62 had in it, but that we all expected would eventually have all those features, meaning what we end up with is a "remastered .62 DayZ".

That ain't gonna happen now, is it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McWendy said:

You both are clueless. This game is not what it was supposed to be. Put my survival back and I will shut up. Untill then..... 

And in other parts of the forums folks are crying about dying to sickness, exposure and bleeding... Clueless? They are, since the survival elements have been buffed recently making lots of rookie players die like flies.

Only thing I really miss now from Alpha is the improvised bow. Fishing has been modded back in recently, so it will likely be coming back to the vanilla game too soon.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, McWendy said:

You were 13 when you started playing. Where were your testing phases? Order did you only go pew pew?

this game is better now then before for me.. current DayZ is the future and deal with it... they fixed the cancer that was in DayZ and ArmA for age... FPS and desync new DayZ is waaay more playable... smoother... and addicting to play... and i didn't go pew pew and i still don't i avoid pvp 🙂 altho i enjoy playing on DM servers and i do have faith never lost it... i always get excited when the update comes to experimental i act like a child that got something cool as a present for a Christmas eve 😄 jumping from happiness and telling everyone that new update is here even my mom and grandma xD

6 hours ago, McWendy said:

I had for the better part of the last 6 years. Fading rapidly now.

I'm glad you guys are still having faith. I had faith too. Just as much as a lot of oldtimers here. We all had faith. 

You'll get there dont worry. 

it's your problem you unbeliever 😄 i always had faith since i was a kid so my love for DayZ isn't going no where 😄 DayZ is way better now then it was before runs better... feels better... the pvp is more like a CoD/Battlefield feel like in terms of responsiveness and not have a huge delay like before yea stuff is missing but why shit on the game and devs when they are gonna bring back those stuff ? oh yea also the reason why i avoid PVP especially pre 0.63 was the desync and lag 🙂 with this new DayZ i actually have some confidence to fight 😄 

14 hours ago, drgullen said:

Except that yeah, they actually are not.  I think this is where McWendy and others have "lost the faith".

I think what most people expected was a "remastered" DayZ on a new engine, which we understood would at first not contain all the features that .62 had in it, but that we all expected would eventually have all those features, meaning what we end up with is a "remastered .62 DayZ".

That ain't gonna happen now, is it?

Sums it up nicely. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2019 at 12:33 AM, Derleth said:

And in other parts of the forums folks are crying about dying to sickness, exposure and bleeding... Clueless? They are, since the survival elements have been buffed recently making lots of rookie players die like flies.

Only thing I really miss now from Alpha is the improvised bow. Fishing has been modded back in recently, so it will likely be coming back to the vanilla game too soon.

This is my main concern at the moment. The fact that they are still adjusting attrition rates, strength of deceases and spawning of certain items (anyone seen a sharpening stone lately?) gives me the impression that they have no idea which direction to go and they're just throwing everything at it to see what sticks. That instead of developing content they are endlessly adjusting parameters that should have been figured out years ago. Right now the game in this respect feels more EA than it ever did since I picked it up. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

48 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

This is my main concern at the moment. The fact that they are still adjusting attrition rates, strength of deceases and spawning of certain items (anyone seen a sharpening stone lately?) gives me the impression that they have no idea which direction to go and they're just throwing everything at it to see what sticks. That instead of developing content they are endlessly adjusting parameters that should have been figured out years ago. Right now the game in this respect feels more EA than it ever did since I picked it up. 

Yeah I kinda agree about this. Balancing - that is their stated primary focus for the rest of the year - should really have been done before the game left early access. Now, I am aware the powers that be made that impossible, since what they had by the end of 2018 is what was forcibly published as 1.0 even though nobody could really consider that a viable main release. Leaving the game with utterly feeble survival mechanics through all of the 0.63 alpha and beta testing, as well as the first three post 1.0 patches, has been a grave mistake. In my opinion these things should have been at least somewhat similar to 0.62 values before 0.63 was even pushed to experimental, then fine tuned and finalised during beta. Instead they've kept adding guns and vehicles while barely touching survival, so players have been able to ignore survival mechanics and go full CoD pew pew for more than a year.

No wonder people are crying now that they are suddenly bleeding out when wounded, getting sick when cold and hungry and puking their guts out when they eat raw meat...

The game is coming along really well - it does play great right now - but the way they have prioritised things over the last year is odd, to say the least.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Yeah I kinda agree about this. Balancing - that is their stated primary focus for the rest of the year - should really have been done before the game left early access.

The game is coming along really well - it does play great right now - but the way they have prioritised things over the last year is odd, to say the least.

To me the balancing was ok before 0.63, so that's why I'm surprised they are rebalancing everything. The attributes like how fast do you get wet, sick, how much you bleed etc. were about right, so that no one could feel invincible and could succumb to even something trivial as rain and cold, when unprepared. 

The game certainly plays great and I don't ever want to play pre-0.63 game again, but as you say, strange priorities in development. 

• Like 3

On 8/24/2019 at 5:04 AM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

In your init.c file. In void main() before the closing } you put something like this:

Setting the rain to max allows thunder and lightning with pouring rain.

Thanks, getting around to this now. Bored with the constantly bland weather...

Does the line:

weather.MissionWeather(false);    // false = use weather controller from Weather.c

in the default init.c need to be changed or deleted somehow, or should I just leave it there?

On 10/5/2019 at 6:33 PM, Derleth said:

I agree that survival is becoming more of a "thing" (which is great!). Also, Zombies drop less food, fruits/vegetables seems to spawn less at and least are mostly rotten. I tell any new players  -  1)water 2)food 3) melee 4)weapons/gear/etc. Once you get over the "water/food hump" then you're good to go. The problem is that we're arguing with  the "100xloot/guns+guns/nostamina" crowd who desperately want dayz to be pubg.

I think food spawns are ok. Larger animals can be tweaked down a bit. I'd prefer disease to be a bit simpler to cure, but its fine if you follow the clean hands, clean water method.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

weather.MissionWeather(false);    // false = use weather controller from Weather.c

@Derleth

Changing this to true will give you much better, varied weather changes.

12 hours ago, MetalHead2112 said:

@Derleth

Changing this to true will give you much better, varied weather changes.

Alright, thanks!

Edit: I had a perfectly clear, cloudless sky on the server this morning. I haven't actually seen that since SimulWeather was removed so that was nice. Now hoping to see the other end of the scale before long... 🌩️

Edited by Derleth

@Derleth You'll get to see all kinds of weather, from the one you've already experienced, to torrential rain and fog. Have fun. Oh.. and lots of strong wind. 😉

Edited by MetalHead2112
  • Beans 1

@Derleth Did you include all the other stuff BetterDeadThanZed wrote as well?

On 10/9/2019 at 10:54 PM, Derleth said:

Alright, thanks!

Edit: I had a perfectly clear, cloudless sky on the server this morning. I haven't actually seen that since SimulWeather was removed so that was nice. Now hoping to see the other end of the scale before long... 🌩️

44 minutes ago, moeb1us said:

@Derleth Did you include all the other stuff BetterDeadThanZed wrote as well?

Hi @Derleth, did you try the other stuff in the init, Im interested too . .  .

10 hours ago, aux7 said:

Hi @Derleth, did you try the other stuff in the init, Im interested too . .  .

Yeah I copied the text from zed's post into init.c and changed false to true in the quoted line. I honestly have no clue what I am doing when it comes to scripting, I rely completely on helpful advice from people who do know what they are doing...

On 8/24/2019 at 5:04 AM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

In your init.c file. In void main() before the closing } you put something like this: Setting the rain to max allows thunder and lightning with pouring rain.

@Derleth

so you changed all of this 2yS7oKs.png

to this?

zvJlkHa.png

or you left the weather.missionweather(true) in there?

2 minutes ago, aux7 said:

@Derleth

so you changed all of this 2yS7oKs.png

to this?

zvJlkHa.png

or you left the weather.missionweather(true) in there?

It reads like this now:

void main()
{
    //INIT WEATHER BEFORE ECONOMY INIT------------------------
    Weather weather = g_Game.GetWeather();

weather.MissionWeather(true);    // false = use weather controller from Weather.c

weather.GetOvercast().SetLimits(0.0, 1.0);
    weather.GetRain().SetLimits(0.0, 1.0);
    weather.GetFog().SetLimits(0.0, 0.40);

weather.GetOvercast().SetForecastChangeLimits(0.0, 0.4);
    weather.GetRain().SetForecastChangeLimits(0.0, 0.3);
    weather.GetFog().SetForecastChangeLimits(0.15, 0.40);

weather.GetOvercast().SetForecastTimeLimits(900, 1800);
    weather.GetRain().SetForecastTimeLimits(300, 600);
    weather.GetFog().SetForecastTimeLimits(900, 1800);

weather.GetOvercast().Set(Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.0, 0.5), 0, 0);
    weather.GetRain().Set(Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.0, 0.4), 0, 0);
    weather.GetFog().Set(Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.0, 0.3), 0, 0);

weather.SetWindMaximumSpeed(20);
    weather.SetWindFunctionParams(0.1, 0.4, 50);

//INIT ECONOMY--------------------------------------

From the //INIT ECONOMY line and on I have not touched anything.

From what I understand, the "Set.Limits" parameter controls the gravity of the weather, so if you want the absurdly thick fog you can increase it from 0.40 to whatever you want. I suspect 1.0 would be opaque grey screen.

I'm guessing that "SetForecastChangeLimits" controls how much the weather can change at a time, while "SetForecastTimeLimits" probably controls how much time will pass before another weather change is triggered.

I comment out this section:

//INIT WEATHER BEFORE ECONOMY INIT------------------------
    /*Weather weather = g_Game.GetWeather();

weather.GetOvercast().Set( Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.4, 0.6), 1, 0);
    weather.GetRain().Set( 0, 0, 1);
    weather.GetFog().Set( Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.05, 0.3), 1, 0);

weather.GetRain().SetLimits( 0, 1.0 ); */

The under the following section:

else
        {
            if ((month < reset_month) || (month > reset_month + 1))
            {
                GetGame().GetWorld().SetDate(year, reset_month, reset_day, hour, minute);
            }
        }
    }

I put this:

weather.MissionWeather(true);    // false = use weather controller from Weather.c

weather.GetOvercast().SetLimits(0.3, 1.0);
    weather.GetFog().SetLimits(0.1, 0.5);

weather.GetOvercast().SetForecastChangeLimits(0.2, 0.6);
    weather.GetRain().SetForecastChangeLimits(0.1, 0.4);
    weather.GetFog().SetForecastChangeLimits(0.1, 0.4);

weather.GetOvercast().SetForecastTimeLimits(300, 1800);
    weather.GetFog().SetForecastTimeLimits(300, 1800);

weather.GetOvercast().Set(Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.1, 0.5), 0, 0);

weather.SetWindMaximumSpeed(35);

This goes above the last }

For example:

else
    {
        if ((month == reset_month + 1) && (day > reset_day))
        {
        }
        else
        {
            if ((month < reset_month) || (month > reset_month + 1))
            {
            }
        }
    }

weather.GetOvercast().SetLimits(0.3, 1.0);
    weather.GetFog().SetLimits(0.1, 0.5);

weather.GetOvercast().SetForecastChangeLimits(0.2, 0.6);
    weather.GetRain().SetForecastChangeLimits(0.1, 0.4);
    weather.GetFog().SetForecastChangeLimits(0.1, 0.4);

weather.GetOvercast().SetForecastTimeLimits(300, 1800);
    weather.GetFog().SetForecastTimeLimits(300, 1800);

weather.GetOvercast().Set(Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.1, 0.5), 0, 0);

weather.SetWindMaximumSpeed(35);
}

class CustomMission: MissionServer

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed
  • Like 1

This is the first time in DayZ that I desperately needed food and chased the animals on the field. Sickness and less food/water make it more of a thing now. But the vehicles still needs a lot of tweaking. On high pop servers, they desynch like hell and they get threw out of the road.