SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

All I can say is "Whew! Hurray for the Server wipes!"

Why, you ask?. Because I actually felt pretty bad about stealing someone's V3S on Helpy Helpers server the other day.

I was just bouncing around on this server to see what the prison was like, and maybe Skalisky as well....and as I was running up the coast to Berezino I glimpsed the truck parked next to one of the orchards....checked it out...and POW....fully functional!

I have never bothered trying to repair vehicles so this was a real treat for me... I drove back down the coast and decided to head through Cherno and then up to the NWAF. I made it there...ran laps of the runway and then decided to return the truck to Berezino. Just as I headed over the hills to the south the truck decided to stop turning. The tires all checked out as being good, but it basically responded like both fronts were flat (or missing).

So...suffice to say....I felt like a knob. I am pretty consistent about being a good guy, and I was going to return it with a full tank and a full jerry can in the back (along with a bunch of .45 ACP rounds).

Sorry to whomever left it...but thanks! The wipe just makes it a bit easier to get over............there........I'm over it now. :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WM-Akuma said:

So i changed back from experimental to stable but didnt do any  download!! its normal?

It's the same version from experimental (latest build) that we're running on stable for the moment. As there is no newer version yet, you don't need to download anything. It happens :)

---

I encountered a small item bug. I tried picking up a jerry can while carrying an MP5. The MP went into my empty vest (as it should), but the jerry can was invisible. The options for it showed, but I couldn't see it. When I dropped the jerry can (by selecting my MP again), the jerry became visible on the ground, but my hands held the gun like an idiot. Reselecting it once more returned everything to normal. Haven't tried other interactions with jerry cans yet, but this is basically the only glitch I found so far. 

I did have a bit of lag in the later hours of the session (doors not opening, items stuck), but it all resolved itself until finally the server crashed - but this was a long session overall. All other interactions were pretty much flawless. Even the infected seem to be fairly in-sync for me; sorry to hear some people made different experiences. The status indicators are a little bit out of sync, but managable. Most of the time they worked fine for me, except with dry/wet status. 

----

This is really incredible! The map has so many small changes. There are far more separate houses and barns spreckled over the landscape than before. Make for ideal overnight camps. And that's one thing I don't like: time! I think all servers should have accelerated time. Sure, a real-life day/night cycle is realistic, but we don't play for 24 hours (or rarely ^^). I want to have the feeling of travelling and gathering during day time. And resting with friends or nursing eventual wounds during night. Ideally, night should feel like you want to rest, because going on will cost you more resources; I think with predators, nighttime could potentially become more dangerous in general. In any case, I would like to have more reasons to make camp at night, but for that to happen nights need to pass much quicker.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

M4 mags and attachments do spawn at military tent complexes (NWAF and Myshkino)

So do FN-FALs. Not sure about FAL mags. The FAL will now take optic attachments, making it possibly the best gun in the game (assuming you can find ammo).

So do AK101s.

The USMC jackets are not waterproof. Gorka still rules, other than probable overheating.

Solved constant overheating by having a swim. Am now predictably freezing to death. The temperature mechanics seem a little OTT.

Zs run more slowly. Much easier to get away.

The single worst thing, however, is the server selection process. You could sort/search the old one while it was updating. Now I have to wait until the full search and selection is complete.

Edited by Mookie (original)
  • Like 2

After fixing my FPS issues with .60 it's kind of growing on me. The fact cars are spawning more frequently is pretty cool and it seems like getting a gun with bullets has gotten way easier. Until earlier today the private server I play on had no status bars though. Like you never got hungry or thirsty and it didn't tell you when you were bleeding either you just had to notice in the bottom left or see the blood coming off your character. That seems to be fixed now and everything seems to be going alright. I've noticed some bugs with dropping items every now and then and also experienced some heavy roll backs here and there but all in all nothing game ruining for me.

Edit: Also forgot to mention running down stairs is kind of buggy. I chipped my leg going down the stairs of a police station and I know I didn't fall off of them. So that seems like something to be cautious of FYI

Edited by LoKey
  • Like 1

Well now.... So far so good =) Home sweet home lol / Great fps (rain a train of zeds for a long wile /pissit they jump bigger fences then you *cough

Good Fun all around... Lots of nasty buggers around tho

Feels good

On 6/15/2016 at 7:09 PM, warpedfigure said:

SOS!!! I cant seem to see my hunger status, thirst status or my ranging! It just doesnt show up in my inventory and when I press page up/down. Please help!

I have had the same issue randomly ..doesn't happen all the time, no answer for fix

8 hours ago, PythagorasHP said:

Played a few hours yesterday then logged in today and I was missing my back pack, pants, and jacket... V_V

Same here... except that I lost my pants, shoes and (strangely) half of my backpack inventory.   Naturally, DayZ now knew I desperately needed shoes so I had to grind away for half an hour looking for some.  Still running around in my tighty whities.  Not so eager to play until another update comes along.

• Like 2

I'm sure this has been mentioned either here already or in the Experimental thread, but (just in case) that bug where the CLE is dumping 3 or more of the same item in spawn locations that are in extremely close proximity to one another is still alive and well. I've seen it at least a dozen times in the few hours I've been playing .60 Stable. Just throwing that out there.

• Like 7

A weird bug I found was that while in a vehicle occasionally there is that little graphic stutter and then nothing but static for sound. As soon as I get out of the vehicle, it goes away. It also occurred when I was alt-tabbing out and back in again. Alt tabbing again a couple times sometimes helped- other times it didn't.

Another one where if you can't pick up an item you need to raise your hands and then try again... apparently that resets your ability to pick up. 

Liking the new renderer but a bit disenchanted that I still get that weird inexplicable graphic stuttering... even though it only happens every 10-15 minutes or entirely randomly. I'm running on an SSD / GTX980 / 16gb ram with a 4670k so I'm dubious that it's on my end. 

Also the desync as a passenger in a vehicle is embarrassingly bad still so I hope that's a hot ticket item. The fact that the world is covered in tiny ball bearings that make an offroad spin on asphalt at 40kph could use some attention.  

There are new buildings in some areas- like Tulga... but it's still pretty uninspiring. Take a bunch of buildings from everywhere and slap them here, a couple there and look a new town is born. Erm. 

With all this Debbie Downer crap I was in with a few guys today from the Helpy Helpers as well as some other guys from the jungle (not sure what the group's name is officially- but Emu and some of his friends) and had a pretty intense but good time. I'm glad I can't just check the server pop with the click of a button anymore- it does add to the intensity. Funny enough at one point I think there were about 16 people in the server and approximately 2/3rds of us were all at Stary Sobor by the military tents.. Ended up in this pretty wild encounter with Emu's group (before we actually hooked up) and at least one random dude. I shot the random (not knowing emu and friends were around), then someone connected to Emu shot Shell (the guy I was with)... then another guy with Emu shot me- I ducked out and ran to bandage... then actually got shot by Emu. He must have checked my pulse right away and saw it was me because he was instantly on our TS3 apologizing for the confusion. We had a good laugh. I got to check our log so I could verify that indeed I was the only one that shot a guy we didn't know. 

Anyway- some of the issues are just grinding on and are frustrating to wade through for... how long now? And that's the way it is... I get it- but I'll bitch about it with enthusiasm all the same. We still have a good time. 

Edited by eno
  • Like 7

All the new issues come from a server restart. It seems vehicle positions are reset. It's well possible that someone found the car I left and someone repaired the bus I put wheels on, but I've seen too many vehicles moved from their spawn to believe they all got repaired. One bus had no wheels and was gone after a restart and an hour playtime...unlikely, but possible.

The other issue is that tents turn the same as vehicles do after restarts. I think that was an issue back in 0.57 but never since. 

I don't find a lot of crowbars. They do spawn, but I wish there were more. Sometimes a lot of the same loot spawns in a room. Not huge amounts, but I've seen three sparkplugs next to each other and lots of gorka visors and stun batons in one room. Overall the loot mix is pretty good and the lootable clothes add a lot of loot space that wasn't there before.  

29 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

I have yet to see a single water container (canteen or bottle)...

The overheating is becoming annoying.

Same for me, not seen a single one. It was the same on experimental.

Also haven't found a compass yet.

Otherwise no problems experienced. I did experience a few game freezes where the game just froze for 5-15 seconds and continued (so no game crash) not sure if this is due to my own pc, didn't experience it before and also not during .60 exp.

The overheating is annoying but if you jog instead of sprint all the time you never get to overheating status. It is also the price you seem to pay for wearing an assault- or high cap vest.

Haven't seen a canteen or a pet bottle either but I'm using the cookpot for now:  Pro: it doesn't waste any slots. Con: it glitched in my hands once forcing a relog.

Found one brass compass in a civilian camp barrack.  Also in Experimental I did find one white/plastic compass in a box of crunchin' crisps so that should still be a (rare) possibility too.

I've been trying to cool off preemptively by running through every body of water I come across. 

Also, it seems that carrying anything in your hands makes you breathe much harder than before - maybe that's a factor contributing to our overheating

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I've been trying to cool off preemptively by running through every body of water I come across. 

Also, it seems that carrying anything in your hands makes you breathe much harder than before - maybe that's a factor contributing to our overheating

I'm still not having any issues with heat in 0.60. Once during Experimental I became yellow "Hot," but that's it, and I think I was wearing a raincoat.

For the benefit of others hoping to find an outfit that allows them to stay decently cool, here is my typical outfit:
-M65 Jacket
-UK Assault Vest
-Jeans
-Baseball Cap
-Working Gloves
-Working Boots
-Improvised Backpack or Assault Backpack or Hunting Backpack

• Like 2

I'm frequently overheating but not to the point where it becomes an issue. I think the limitation is there, so we don't sprint from our spawn straight to the next military installation. For short sprints this doesn't seem to be an issue. I'm wearing Gorka clothing now and it's rainproof and even though you overheat it's nowhere near as bad as a raincoat. Pretty good all-weather gear. I have a hhiking jacket blue (first one I've seen since in experimental), and I wanna try how this holds up in comparison. Before the gorka gear I had hunters jacket and a raincoat in the pocket. 

I found 2 PET bottles, no cantine. One bottle was in a garage building. The civilian barracks are a bit better now, too. Found a  magnum and some useful stuff in the clothing there. 

A new issue I have is with zeroing. I can see something is happening in the upper right corner, but there is no font, so I don't know what I'm zeroing to. Tried it with CR527 and Blaze. I also had a bug when I tried drinking from a cooking pot that had a pack of captn crunch in it. Got the pot stuck to my hands again and could only remove by restart. Strangely enough the tent was rotated again after that restart, too. So I guess not only server restarts can change the direction of our tents. Very strange. Maybe it has to do something with what direction I'm facing on logoff? 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I hope we will see a new stable patch soon, because there are still memory issues errors,

and the loot tables seems to be random when a server reset.

- And dont throw clothes out of deer stance - I throwed myself out is what happend. ) 

- Server crashing every (10-15) min. - not stable at all! (It was on a private hive server gents of Novo - other servers were more stable.)

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

The USMC jackets are not waterproof. Gorka still rules, other than probable overheating.

I had to ditch my gorka jacket last night, I was burning up while wearing it.   Constantly over heating and I wasn't running around, I was engaged in a cat and mouse fight around the NWAF.  Eventually I had to remove it and thankfully the rain started to cool me off and I ditched it for an USMC top instead.  Now to see if I get cold just as fast running around without a water proof top.

game runs smoothly for me, though it  crashes at times.

Also I ran at that big Severograd-sandpit and encountered seriously bad stuttering/freezing every few seconds. I went inside a building, restarted game. Now I cant get back in the server, screen just stays black can only see the text "Direct" on lower left whenever I get into the server. So I can't join the game on that server anymore, I can on other servers. It's a bit inconvenient as me and my mates play on that server. =(

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by Vashyo

I expected more about the vehicle status on this patch. But it seems the cars will be worthless cancerous creatures until next patch.

*3rd person driving is stuttering.

*Slides and doesnt stop on very tiny rock.

*Too slow for a start up.

*You need a second player to move it. (if you parked it on grass, forest area, etc.)

*And they despawn like a joke. They are not persistance at the moment. 

Also you cant pack the empty tents... 

Edited by BAHADIR

for those who can't find a canteen or compass, etc, I have the following:  canteen, compass, khaki m65, olive m65, mountain pack, various types of ammo, can't remember what else.  and there's a barrel with a scoped winchester (no ammo), etc that I can go get.

I'd consider reinstalling the game for a bit to hand my stuff over to someone.  if I remember right, I'm somewhere near the sobor tents.  message me.

[edit]  got  a taker

Edited by Red_Ensign

My 1PP character has both a PET and canteen but this 3PP character I just started didn't find a single one in 3 hours of play.

Both characters have found a compass but it took quite a bit of looting.

Cars have a multitude of 9mm and .22.

2 Police stations were very sparse (only got a Skorpion mag from 1).

Tangling with infected with just an axe is annoying at best.

You can still circle strafe around them to avoid damage but the infected hit detection is pretty awful and they seem to hit you from far away still.

• Like 3

Wow, releasing link for changelog only on twitter makes me sad. Wtg guys

22 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

or this behemoth.

There's a whole thread SMoss released here, Luc.

• Like 1

Weird things happening.

Had an engagement with 2 people, shot one unconscious and then emptied my mag (about 5-6 bullets) in his body at the ground, saw blood splattering due to my pso-1 scope.

Had a firefight with the other guy meanwhile, then the second guy popped up again and killed me.

wtf? i was shooting 7,62x39.