SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

Two days ago I logged out in the woods besides my oil barrel, today I logged in I was still in the woods besids my oil barrel. BUT I was totally nacked without backpack and stuff. I had only my AKM with 2 attachments (instead of 6) in my hands. I lost so many rar loot, because I took all important stuff from the barrel on me, before i logged out. I can't remember when I was frustated playing Dayz as like now, maybe 2 years ago...

Is there a f****** workaround to avoid this bug next time? Maybe reinstalling Dayz or something? Or isn't this bug even knowen?    

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

So I see a lot of people complaining about the amount of M4A1's which are spawning. I don't mind it because the ammo is harder to find. Most of our group run around with the M4A1 but it is a task on itself to maintain them all. I guess most of us have a full mag but it's most certainely not enough to go PvP on a full pop server because the ammo goes fast in some firefights. In Experimental I went through a full coupled STANAG mag only to kill one guy and I didn't have that much spare ammo. Because of this reason I went with the AKM because no one uses that caliber at the moment.

Went through a full drum mag + another 70 rounds in Elektro fighting the zombies there. They definitely respawn now, it seems they respawn in the outskirts because I cleared the west entrance of Elektro and no zombies were there. When I came back 10 minutes later I saw zombies in the field which weren't there before and when I shot a few again there were a lot of them again.

There are some bugs that are a bit frustrating but nothing game breaking for me. Some bugs reported in this thread even don't happen for me.

5 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

I tried putting water in a gas can and purifying it.  it poisoned me.  that was several patches ago though.

3 hours ago, wasnu said:

.60 on exp. you get poisened from gastanks filled with water.

you could empty the gas and refill with water, rinse and repeat but you get allways poisened...learnd it the hard way in three tries :)

Interesting discussion because I didn't get poisoned (yet) this Stable build. I have to say it's always Russian roulette with this one. The gas cannister went through a few server restarts though and it stayed "clean". I hope this bug is resolved because having a big stock of water at your camp is really handy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sharplooter said:

Two days ago I logged out in the woods besides my oil barrel, today I logged in I was still in the woods besids my oil barrel. BUT I was totally nacked without backpack and stuff. I had only my AKM with 2 attachments (instead of 6) in my hands. I lost so many rar loot, because I took all important stuff from the barrel on me, before i logged out. I can't remember when I was frustated playing Dayz as like now, maybe 2 years ago...

Is there a f****** workaround to avoid this bug next time? Maybe reinstalling Dayz or something? Or isn't this bug even knowen?    

This hasn't happened to me yet. It probably will, and I will be incredibly pissed off. But also, this is why we have persistence....assuming it works.

• Like 1

What is the state of duping at the moment? A friend and I came across two people in the tents at the NWAF who we dispatched and they both had the exact same M4. Attachments, amount of magazines, all of those things had identical conditions...they also had backup scoped Winchester rifles. Neither of them with ammo. Not going to say they were duping...but...that's a pretty astronomical coincidence.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mookie (original) said:

But also, this is why we have persistence....assuming it works.

That's the point... in 0.59 oil barrels didn't work (they vanished/despawned randomly), I wonder if oil barrels are reliable in 0.60...

And tents are just a joke imo, they are like "Hello! HELLO! Here I am!"

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rags! said:

What is the state of duping at the moment? A friend and I came across two people in the tents at the NWAF who we dispatched and they both had the exact same M4. Attachments, amount of magazines, all of those things had identical conditions...they also had backup scoped Winchester rifles. Neither of them with ammo. Not going to say they were duping...but...that's a pretty astronomical coincidence.

Good question Rags....I'm not sure. I suspect it's like doping in road cycling. The baddies are usually one step ahead of the goodies. I've yet to see any direct evidence in this patch (as opposed to being a trader in 0.51 - when certain people were just handing duped stuff out).

• Like 1

Is it just me, or are there nicer people on the experimental servers?

Playing on stable and KOS by dickheads every time, when I'm no threat whatsoever.

• Like 1

Went into the corner of one of open bedbunk barracks to bandage, got interrupted by zeds, they kept coming, I end up standing in the corner with 5 bodies in front of me, of course no way to escape the corner. Oh well... :(

• Like 1

something weird I noticed today - when I put anything on the floor of my tent it teleports to just outside the door.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Is it just me, or are there nicer people on the experimental servers?

Playing on stable and KOS by dickheads every time, when I'm no threat whatsoever.

Aside from the first day or two of exp, where everyone I met just raved about fps... My experience has been about the same between exp and stable. About 50/50 of folks who might not kill you, vs kos.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rags! said:

Duping is still in. So is sitting inside the walls of ATC and other buildings. And the climbing over/crouch bug is also still there.

I keep finding ruined ammo boxes or yellow containers and I've seen that they are used for duping on teh youtubes and I killed a guy today that had unbelievable amounts of stuff on him. It could be legit stuff from serverhopping I guess.

• Like 1

Wow this weapon/inventory bug is really strange. I logged off with two M4 and a MP5 in my backpack. It also showed 2 M4 on the starting screen. When I loaded the game up again for my next session, I was holding the MP5 (instead of the M4) and the M4 on my back had lost all attachments, visually. Much worried I started the game, expecting to experience this horrible naked-bug where you lose half or more of your gear. However, nothing as bad as that happened. Just the M4 from my hands somehow found its way back into the tent. I wonder if that happened, because I logged off too fast after picking it up yesterday, or if it would have happened anyway. If the rifle was somehow teleported back to my tent, I wonder what would have happened had I filled the slots it occupied. 

Barrel glitch - sometimes I can't drag stuff from or into barrels. It will just flip back to where ever I tried to pull it from. (it works when I take it into hands first)

I had some other issues, but forgot them. One thing I wonder about is why the V3S inventory is suddenly so small. You can put three civilian tents in it. It has 52 or 53 slots total. I think the 4x4 has a lot more and so does the sedan. Or do I just remember it wrong? One thing about the V3S is that you cannot put barrels into that. It is however a bit wider, so I guess the idea is to transport car tents with it (since they won't fit in the cars). The bus is probably the only allround vehicle when it comes to inventory space now. But a worn tire bus on any kind of incline is a battle that can only be lost ^^

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Went into the corner of one of open bedbunk barracks to bandage, got interrupted by zeds, they kept coming, I end up standing in the corner with 5 bodies in front of me, of course no way to escape the corner. Oh well... :(

Hmm someone said you can hide bodies, even zombies..

3 hours ago, Excanto said:

I hid chicken I killed in Berezino. You have option to hide zombie but I didnt try it.

• Like 2

Went to Novy Sobor today on my new character and was chillin in the Police station, suddenly I hear a player pitter patter pitter patter and I train my magnum on the door. They keep coming closer, and I see him cross the door. He then instantly appears in front of me and -BAM BAM BAM BMA BAM *AUGH* *AUGH* BAM BAM click click click- a magnum battle breaks out. He's legged, my arm's broken, and in all the confusion I accidentally threw my magnum. As I go through the throw animation (twice) I hear him say "FRIENDLY?" I just shake my head as I go to the other room and take my Winchester out. I go back to the entrance and put a .308 in his chest. I say "Fuckin' bitch" with a shaky voice. Good day!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Kohlbar said:

Went to Novy Sobor today on my new character and was chillin in the Police station, suddenly I hear a player pitter patter pitter patter and I train my magnum on the door. They keep coming closer, and I see him cross the door. He then instantly appears in front of me and -BAM BAM BAM BMA BAM *AUGH* *AUGH* BAM BAM click click click- a magnum battle breaks out. He's legged, my arm's broken, and in all the confusion I accidentally threw my magnum. As I go through the throw animation (twice) I hear him say "FRIENDLY?" I just shake my head as I go to the other room and take my Winchester out. I go back to the entrance and put a .308 in his chest. I say "Fuckin' bitch" with a shaky voice. Good day!

I too have an awesome story from yesterday!

Was looting a building in Vybor when a zombie spotted me through the window! It run through the door when I was pulling out my bat. -> I beat it to death, but got hurt. -> My bat bugged out and I couldn't put it away, nor drop it. -> I bled out and died! -> Uninstalled DayZ till the next "kaboom" update.

Best play session ever!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Excanto said:

Hmm you can't hide bodies in buildings....-_-

Edited by Buakaw
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buakaw said:

Hmm you can't hide bodies in buildings....-_-

Can you really hide them? I see the "hide body" prompt flicker for half a second after shooting infected, but I don't see it after. I also managed to get myself cornered in a quonset hut, because the infected came from fucking nowhere. Good thing the sounds are getting fixed! Strange enough, I could somehow vault over two dead bodies, even though I was stuck between the bunk beds. It seems like it is a little bit better/easier to get across dead bodies. But it still is a pain. Instead of hiding, I hope we can pick them up and throw them somewhere in time. This "hide body" is too much game mechanic and old Arma stuff to fit with Dayz. Carve them up, throw them out, burn them. That would be cool. 

I hope the devs are collecting a great deal of data. Not being able to pack a tent and not being able to hide a body seem to fall under the same general problem to me. Some options aren't showing up reliably. 

I've been running around in the northern forests a lot lately. Have the trees been changed around? It seems they are better positioned than before and there are more dense clusters. It could be I'm wrong, but I feel like the forest looks differently. Of course, with the new renderer my viewing distance is a lot better, so I might just have a wrong impression.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

DayZ is at a real rough patch right now IMO.  While there are obviously a lot of improvements over the last several patches, it's just leaving me cold.  As others have mentioned the server list just starts me off in a bad mood.  But it's not just buggy alpha stuff that's sticking in my craw.  In the old days, there were many different things to do (or maybe I'm just remembering the best of several different patches and needlessly whining).  I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's just seeming more boring to me.  I understand the idea behind making things more difficult, but that just mean life's a drag, not that it's hard to stay alive: when is the last time anyone died of exposure, hunger, sickness, or environmental injury (zombies, a legitimate fall [not desync + stairs = death])?  Where's the victory or sense of accomplishment?

I know this doesn't really make sense; and if Bohemia got swallowed by a black hole tomorrow, I got more than my money's worth of good times in DayZ.  But, it's just leaving me cold lately.  And I can't quite put my finger on it - anyone else?

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

DayZ is at a real rough patch right now IMO.  While there are obviously a lot of improvements over the last several patches, it's just leaving me cold.  As others have mentioned the server list just starts me off in a bad mood.  But it's not just buggy alpha stuff that's sticking in my craw.  In the old days, there were many different things to do (or maybe I'm just remembering the best of several different patches and needlessly whining).  I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's just seeming more boring to me.  I understand the idea behind making things more difficult, but that just mean life's a drag, not that it's hard to stay alive: when is the last time anyone died of exposure, hunger, sickness, or environmental injury (zombies, a legitimate fall [not desync + stairs = death])?  Where's the victory or sense of accomplishment?

I know this doesn't really make sense; and if Bohemia got swallowed by a black hole tomorrow, I got more than my money's worth of good times in DayZ.  But, it's just leaving me cold lately.  And I can't quite put my finger on it - anyone else?

I 100% agree and it's a shame with how smooth .6 makes it play even on shit hardware.

I'm trying to be optimistic .61 will start bringing game back into the game now that it finally feels connected and not floaty moving around in a big world that could be full of stuff to do. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

Can you really hide them? I see the "hide body" prompt flicker for half a second after shooting infected, but I don't see it after. I also managed to get myself cornered in a quonset hut, because the infected came from fucking nowhere. Good thing the sounds are getting fixed! Strange enough, I could somehow vault over two dead bodies, even though I was stuck between the bunk beds. It seems like it is a little bit better/easier to get across dead bodies. But it still is a pain. Instead of hiding, I hope we can pick them up and throw them somewhere in time. This "hide body" is too much game mechanic and old Arma stuff to fit with Dayz. Carve them up, throw them out, burn them. That would be cool. 

I hope the devs are collecting a great deal of data. Not being able to pack a tent and not being able to hide a body seem to fall under the same general problem to me. Some options aren't showing up reliably. 

I've been running around in the northern forests a lot lately. Have the trees been changed around? It seems they are better positioned than before and there are more dense clusters. It could be I'm wrong, but I feel like the forest looks differently. Of course, with the new renderer my viewing distance is a lot better, so I might just have a wrong impression.

According to WOBO you can hide them now yeah, but that was never an option for bodies inside buildings.

I ended up having to logout and wait 10-20 minutes to get out of there. There wasnt enough space for me to do the superman thru them which usually works :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buakaw said:

According to WOBO you can hide them now yeah, but that was never an option for bodies inside buildings.

I ended up having to logout and wait 10-20 minutes to get out of there. There wasnt enough space for me to do the superman thru them which usually works :(

Tried to hide one that was half on the road and half on the gravel shoulder last night with no luck, pretty sure they have to be in grass. I buried a bunch of player suicide (or stair glitch) bodies by the castle scaffolding on Skalitisty during EXP.

• Like 2

I tried to make a fire today for cooking some chicken, I tried to make a fire inside a garage but the game didn't let me because "it was not safe". I tried to make it outside then but the fire went off because of the raining, so basically you will have a very hard time making a fire while is raining. 

There is any hope on reverting this back so we can make fires indoor again? I mean what's safe in Dayz? having this kind of message is kinda funny on an apocalyptic world and you won't be able to make fire when you most need it (when it's raining).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wili said:

I tried to make a fire today for cooking some chicken, I tried to make a fire inside a garage but the game didn't let me because "it was not safe". I tried to make it outside then but the fire went off because of the raining, so basically you will have a very hard time making a fire while is raining. 

There is any hope on reverting this back so we can make fires indoor again? I mean what's safe in Dayz? having this kind of message is kinda funny on an apocalyptic world and you won't be able to make fire when you most need it (when it's raining).

Build your fires in the fireplaces in houses... Haven't tried in 0.6 but used to work well, and it's what they're for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wili said:

Pick it up and move it around a bit, making them on a floor inside or at the base of a tree has always had a kind of sweetspot it's got to be to work. I haven't really tried since the rains came back though and am not sure if the fact that you can visually see rain inside buildings means it's really raining inside though.