SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

Excellent!   What a great surprise!   It certainly makes me look forward to playing a lot this weekend.

Lost Sporter with scope and mag when I logged off with sporter on my back and scorpion in backpack. Scorpion forced it self on back and Sporter was gone.

A friend called me at work yesterday - to tell me stable was released ^^ That's how serious this is ;)

Later I played with said friend and he could not tweak his gamma. Since it was night and I couldn't judge how much he could see, I turned my gamma down, too. One of the few times I played at night - without gamma. I think the radius of what we see could be bigger, but otherwise it looks pretty convincing. My point however is that I fixed a car and ran it to Three Valleys and Msta; parked it there. In Staroye I could not see much, because it was a dark, dark night. I doubted myself about my position on the map. Only after some moments I realized that Staroye also was remodeled - and quite extensively. They did a better job here than in Krasnostav; it looks more finished. So that's great about playing at night and not seeing much: you can still get surprised and wonder where the f you are. And I had no idea Staroye was remodeled at all. Can't wait to find more surprises!

- can't it be done to tweak gamma without increasing the visibility that drastically? Serious tweaks to night are necessary to stop us from raising gamma. It's just too big of an advantage

---

does anybody else feel like running speed was a little bit raised? I don't feel like being dragged back any more. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

So many people complaining, please reopen the experimental thread!

For the people complaining about the FPS: try putting your settings higher. Yes I didn't make a mistake. If your settings are too low the processor will do  all the work instead of the graphics card. This helped for me, it is most certainely not the new renderer because even I got an huge improvement. And so did 99 % of the people.

8 minutes ago, brazorf said:

^

For the changelog read the entire Experimental thread, this covers most of the changes, good luck.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 6

Still impossible to try the 0.60! There is only servers with password!. Very frustrating.. Obviously other players are playing so I do not understand.

11 hours ago, Tatanko said:

While in the server browser, click the Filter button at the bottom of the screen. Find the option that says "Show passworded only" and make sure that box is not checked... if it is checked, uncheck it.

3 minutes ago, Alex94cz said:

Still impossible to try the 0.60! There is only servers with password!. Very frustrating.. Obviously other players are playing so I do not understand.

What is so hard to read what others posted 5 posts before your crying?

• Like 3

1/ I'm not crying

2/ I didn't saw your message

3/thanks you very much because it work now I can play 

13 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

anyone tried building a car on stable?

Yes, I had a sedan yesterday. Funny story actually. I spawned at night near Kamyshovo. I checked the police station and then saw a light near the coast. I went to check out the newbie running around with a flare and stumbled upon a group of four. They sat next to a sedan, had a lit fire-barrel and were cooking and chatting. One guy played the guitar. When I ran up to them and stood there, nobody even took notice. I introduced myself and asked about the car, but they were not particularly interested in it and thought it can't drive with three wheels. I found a lug wrench and repped the car. I listened to the guy play a wicked good version of "beat it" on guitar and took my leave.

They drive with three pristine tires, albeit steering is really bad. I went north and came across another sedan, barely 1km away from Kamy (across from Skalisky Island). The car stopped briefly, lagged and went past the other. It's still bad, but at least you can move a vehicle with another in its vicinity! So far that is the biggest change from Experimental I've seen.

I was actually just gonna pick up my friend and return to these guys at the coast, see where it goes from there. But after we parked the car to search for food, the UK server crashed and didn't come back anytime soon. When I checked today (on that server) the car was gone and so was one of the other cars I saw yesterday. Haven't been back to the coast yet and will continue on foot.

One thing I found was the cars become really hard to steer in 4th gear. Idk if it is only the sedan, but I had to slow down considerable to take some corners. And that's not saying I don't usually break in corners, but this kind of breaking...you have to try out yourself. It doesn't feel quite right. However, cars are working fine. If you are not planning to do any body work, all you need to fix them is a lugwrench and a tire repair kit. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Whyherro123 said:

Why are ALL of the .60 servers password-protected?

There actually is an option in the browser filter that reads "show ONLY passworded servers" that you have to uncheck.

So.. is it normal that military areas barely spawn any guns anymore (but heaps of nice clothes)?

Also haven't found a single barrel or container in 3 hours.

Edited by Buakaw

Loot has been tweaked pretty hard. Thank the gods. Tears incoming. Prepare yo'selves.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Loot has been tweaked pretty hard. Thank the gods. Tears incoming. Prepare yo'selves.

Do you have a canteen or PET bottle for me, so I can catch the tears? Even better, do you have a cooking pot for me, it holds more water or in this case, tears.

• Like 2

You think it's tweaked. I think it's buggy :) unless it was the devs intention to turn high risk high reward areas into.. high risk areas only?

Was very excited to log in to 0.60 stable last night, and it was a good experience (other than the predictable bambi coastal killers - thanks guys, I didn't really want to spawn there anyhow).

Some observations. The renderer is much better, but certainly hasn't solved the fps issue completely.

I'm overheating a lot more. Pre-0.6 I could run around in an M65 and be fine. Not in 0.60. This may be a good/realistic thing though.

Chickens everywhere!

Have yet to detect any interaction glitches, which is a really positive point.

I'm not sure where all these passworded public servers have come from (and there do seem to be a lot of them). The process of choosing a server is now even more complex in the sense that there is yet another filter criterion, and the obvious question is whether there is a way of setting up the selection screen differently to account for it.

Girth is right about the loot situation, but the moral probably remains the same - get off the coast ASAP. I got lucky with crashsites and now have a pretty good M4 (a warm welcome back to stable for my old friend), and an FNX, but, er, no ammo or mags at all...

Big props to the devs and hope 0.60 sees the game back in the ascendant.

• Like 3

OMFG IM SO EXCITED I HAVE TODAY OFF OF WORK!! Thank you devs for this glorious surprise ! Even though me and my Cuz luterally just set up camp near green mountain with a car in experimental but fuck it I don't care I wanna go to stable and make a camp :) good luck out there survivors and stay friendly ;) !

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

You think it's tweaked. I think it's buggy :) unless it was the devs intention to turn high risk high reward areas into.. high risk areas only?

It isn't buggy, it is intentional. Even though this should be a beta thing they have been tweaking the CLE throughout multiple Experimental builds. I haven't really looted that much in the 0.60 Stable build and if it changed much since the last Experimental build but I like the way it's going at the moment. It is a post-apocalyptic survival game in which they try to show as much realism as possible. High reward area's will be empty or picked clean which is obvious in such scenario. I also noticed that it takes a longer time for loot to spawn than in 0.59 which is also a good thing because in 0.59 you could literally loot cycle every place.

15 minutes ago, Mookie (DayZ) said:

I'm overheating a lot more. Pre-0.6 I could run around in an M65 and be fine. Not in 0.60. This may be a good/realistic thing though.

Chickens everywhere!

Have yet to detect any interaction glitches, which is a really positive point.

I'm not sure where all these passworded public servers have come from (and there do seem to be a lot of them). The process of choosing a server is now even more complex in the sense that there is yet another filter criterion, and the obvious question is whether there is a way of setting up the selection screen differently to account for it.

Girth is right about the loot situation, but the moral probably remains the same - get off the coast ASAP. I got lucky with crashsites and now have a pretty good M4 (a warm welcome back to stable for my old friend), and an FNX, but, er, no ammo or mags at all...

Big props to the devs and hope 0.60 sees the game back in the ascendant.

The overheating is not a bug, at the moment the weather is simulated to a real life situation, not sure which one. So because it's summer in real life, it's summer in Chernarus now as well so expect to be overheating during the day and if possible try to cool off at night.

And yes, the developers try to get players off the coast and go inland. There is where most of the high reward gear will be so you still have a choice.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

I don`t get it so few servers updated to 60/60 except blue waffle servers and UKA alliance who are updated to 60/60 including exp. branch servers. 

2 minutes ago, ori42 said:

I don`t get it so few servers updated to 60/60 except blue waffle servers and UKA alliance who are updated to 60/60 including exp. branch servers. 

People still have to pay for the slots in the servers so it can get expensive. So you won't see a ton of 60/60 servers. I played on a 30 man server last night.

Edited by Girth Brooks
poor engrish
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

People still have to pay for the slots in the servers so it can get expensive. So you won't see a ton of 60/60 servers. I played on a 30 man server last night.

I don`t know if it`s a difference since I don`t own a server, but Arma 3 had at least many 100+ slots servers when I played it years ago.

new inventory is clunky.  as is the server list.  and there's still that pointless limiting of the quickbar slots.  but okay...

was constantly overheating.  stripping down and lying down in water doesn't  do anything.  actually swimming in deeper water does, very very slowly.  server reset.

next server, not a word about heat.  or hunger.  or thirst.  or being overfull.  couldn't even find my status.  server reset.

next server, IMMEDIATELY threw up, and constant (1-2 seconds between) urgent messages about overheating.  oh come on.  uninstalled game.

see you next patch.

Edited by Red_Ensign

1 minute ago, Red_Ensign said:

new inventory is clunky.  and there's still that pointless limiting of the quickbar slots.  but okay...

was constantly overheating.  stripping down and lying down in water doesn't  do anything.  actually swimming in deeper water does, very very slowly.  server reset.

next server, not a word about heat.  or hunger.  or thirst.  or being overfull.  couldn't even find my status.  server reset.

next server, IMMEDIATELY threw up, and constant (1-2 seconds between) urgent messages about overheating.  oh come on.  uninstalled game.

see you next patch.

Please keep it uninstalled then, good luck & have fun.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, IMT said:

My thoughts exactly , if he really is that angry over status updates not showing and overheating , maybe EA isn't for him lol .... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IMT said:

hey I like my challenges to come from the game not the interface - s'all I'm saying.  look at how many hours I have in this game.  I just don't wanna spent THAT much time dealing with awkward.