SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

11 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

I'm sure this is old news to all you people, but vehicles are not persistent which makes me a sad panda.

Really?

5B9neD1.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mammut (DayZ) said:

Really?

Seems like they are only potentially lasting through one reset for the people I've talked to.

Yea that sounds about right. My friends and I got 1 part away from fixing a truck and the server reset and *poof* there went our truck. It had survived about 1-2 resets before that.

On a side note after several more hours on .60 I noticed:

- If you have a military tent on your back and you try to drag it into another military tent you have placed or even if you try to drop it inside another military tent you die instantly.

- I logged out and back in 2 times in a row on a server and the second time I logged in completely naked with nothing except a stripped AK in my hands. (the AK didn't even have the hand guard on it)

- I was driving around with some buddies and we parked the car to loot up a store and when we came back the engine wouldn't turn on. (the car parts were all still pristine + full tank of gas and relogging did nothing)

- Hyperthermia seems fairly broken because me and my buddy got our gear at about the same time (exact same gear) and he kept overheating and getting hyperthermia yet my character didn't even get hot a single time.

- Guns have a tendency to disappear at random times if you log out with one in your hands. (happened to my friend 3 times)

- If you log out inside a tent (player tent) and your tent is anywhere next to a wall or cliff the tent might bug out when you log back in and have you stuck between it and a ledge or wall. (relogging does fix this)

- On server resets your tent might flip around and have the door on a different side then it was before the reset. (sometimes this works out in your favor though)

I'm not 100% sure if these are all new issues but I thought I would throw all that out there.

• Like 2

Met a nice fellow at Myshkino tents who was kind enough not to murder me :) Fortunately, I closed the door to the hut behind me. Shortly after, I heard his footsteps. Having the door closed gave me long enough to speak, and he decided not to engage me after that. Gave me a high cap vest as well. Gave him a lil food and drink. Ran around there for 5-10 minutes, and said our goodbyes and went our separate ways...

Always nice to encounter someone who is at least willing to interact. Especially, at such a high value area.

• Like 2

I think flopping over dead while in an energized, hydrated, un-diseased state is LAME. It has happened twice to my 1st-3rd person character in different areas of the map Since I was both times in remote areas that are not frequented I doubt that a secret sniper with a silencer is responsible especially since the first server had 4/50 players on and the second 5/30 on.  

Have any of you guys had something similar happen

Edited by Xbow

6 hours ago, joshtmcc said:

So, this one was new for me in 0.60, just checking to see if anyone else...

I had a decent run of gear and was looting a PD in a fairly remote town. Logged out with good clothes, pack full of goodies, fire axe and Carbine on back, plus Double shotty in hands. When I logged back in like an hour later, I as in same location but everything was gone except my Carbine on my back and the Double shotty still in my hands. Even clothes and shoes gone. Anybody see anything similar?

Yes, has happened to me three different times already. I have logged out geared up and when logging back in I spawned without clothes or my backpack. I do however still have my skate helmet, primary weapon, arm band and gloves. Everything else is gone. I deleted all my game files and reloaded from scratch. Dont know if that will do anything but I thought it might be worth a try. Ive gone through the forums regarding this bug on 60 stable and there are others experiencing the same issue.  If it happens again I will submit a bug report. 

Yawn...60 stable..woot!!  It's the weekend...time to switch on my turbo 9000 diesel powered mouse and my crystal keyboard with built in expresso maker and get some zombie "you guys" in my cross hairs!! I think I am still set to experimental, no wonder the server said 3/60 last night.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2016 at 2:45 PM, Whyherro123 said:

Why are ALL of the .60 servers password-protected?

Probably really late, but you need to go to Filter and uncheck passworded servers or something like that, forget what it says exactly.

Hello guys i have a problem. I FOUND 4 cars these days . repaired but none work . make the most of 100 meters and then no longer turn. other light but do not make one meter . is a bug of the 0.60 or I something wrong ?

1 hour ago, mattew1 said:

Hello guys i have a problem. I FOUND 4 cars these days . repaired but none work . make the most of 100 meters and then no longer turn. other light but do not make one meter . is a bug of the 0.60 or I something wrong ?

cars are so bugged at them moment I wouldn't bother repairing them. They need major fixes

You guys were right - there were tents I put up and could not remove, even after punching or restarting game. My friends could remove them though.

I was at the airfiled and got complete frame freezes near the officers barracks. Literally zero frames for 5-10 seconds; in an area where you really don't want to be stuck.

Tents rotate uncontrollably. I build a camp inside a church and it is impossble to add to it now, because they keep rotating. This is also client-based, as my friends see the tents rotated differently from me. I see them running out of the side of some tents, instead of through the entrance. 

Something I've been wondering about: are most of you guys who complain about pw-ed servers server-hoppers? I usually pick my server and stay there. It's the only way to enjoy the game long-term, to get to know the regulars. I had to switch servers today to access one of my tents (entrance rotated into wall). I noticed how much harder it is to get on a random server, so I guess this might be a first step to prevent server-hopping? Some people really think that's the way to play though. 

It is really annoying that I carry my MP5 always in the high cap vest, but as soon as I carry a main weapon, it will always go onto my back slot. If I carry it by itself if goes into the vest most of the time. As soon as I carry a primary I have to check after every action that I didn't accidentially dropped my main. I'm not sure if I'm just not figuring out the hotkey bar, or if this really isn't working.

Also: why developers, why do I have to confirm that I want to "add attachment" every time I load a mag. I wouldn't be doing it, if I didn't want to do it, right? It's like asking "do you really want to play the game" each time I fire a bullet, These contextual drop-down boxes need to go or only apply to certain items. If I switch mags, micromanage that interface in a fight, I don't want to have to confirm what I'm doing. Also: why "r" for chambering? If I have three mags now, I have to waste a hotkey for each of them to be able to quickly reload. Before I could just press "r" if I had any magazines. Sometimes the devs really need to think about practicality and how to make things easier for the player.

Another thing: at night the HUD is basically blinding (unless you raise gamma). The HUD needs to be darker, transparent or just less gigantic. Everytime I tab out of the game, I see nothing and have to fumble my character into view, because of its extreme close-up.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

First time since 0.55 I had starving status. I don't remember when was last time I had to sneak around to avoid zombies. I found Amphibia and some ammo. If only there were zombies in every town 

• Like 3

Lost 3 cars. Then came here and read that the cars are not persistent.

Lost 3 players gear. Bambi each time.

What the fuck. Lost the will to keep gearing up and playing.

Ok I still play but "What the Fuck"?

47 minutes ago, serelaw said:

Lost 3 players gear. Bambi each time.

What the fuck. Lost the will to keep gearing up and playing.

Ok I still play but "What the Fuck"?

You know what? I have been playing every day and didn't lose anything I had on my character, even once. I play on one server, make camps and don't server-hop. Whereas a friend, who plays the opposite style and server-hops at military installations has lost his shoes, pants...everything several times over. Did it ever occur to you that this bug may actually be the answer to preventing server-hopping? I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen if you play on your favorite server all the time. Of course, it should be possible to change servers, but I actually like the idea of random penalties for doing it. Lost your pants on the way to another server? Deal with it ;)

What is a bit annoying is when the server crashes while I am managing the camp inventory. Basically, everytime this happened I'm losing some of my best gear. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Just now, S3V3N said:

You know what? I have been playing every day and didn't lose anything I had on my character, even once. I play on one server, make camps and don't server-hop. Whereas a friend, who plays the opposite style and server-hops at military installations has lost his shoes, pants...everything several times over. Did it ever occur to you that this bug may actually be the answer to preventing server-hopping? I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen if you play on your favorite server all the time. Of course, it should be possible to change servers, but I actually like the idea of random penalties for doing it. Lost your pants on the way to another server? Deal with it ;)

What is a bit annoying is when the server crashes while I am managing the camp inventory. Basically, everytime this happened I'm losing some of my best gear. 

i lost my gear and have been on the same server since they opened up bunches of them on experimental, never had the issue while on EX

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

i lost my gear and have been on the same server since they opened up bunches of them on experimental, never had the issue while on EX

Damn, I was hoping this really has to do with the character database not working when server-hopping. So this is just another random bug it seems. I haven't lost anything yet, but I'll report if I do. I do think this could be an interesting mechanic to prevent server-hopping though. If you enter more than 2 servers in 15 minutes you could start losing random gear. That doesn't seem to harsh to me, but it needs to be controlled. It can't be we are losing gear, if we are playing the way it is meant to. And you still have to be able to switch servers, just not every couple of minutes. 

2 hours ago, S3V3N said:

Good thing: Can now pick up backpacks in hands. Apologies if already known - came as a welcome surprise to me.

Bad thing: No way to 'inspect contents' of protector cases, so have to put on ground to see...

Didn't mean to quote you S3V3N, having some forum probs.

I`m actually back on experimental UK 1 server with Pusta safe/trade town on that server - they seems way more stable compare to any stable private hive servers which usually crash every (20-30 )min.

And when I only play early morning servers is not a great dayz experience.  

Let`s hope they don`t close the experimental servers with *12 time multipliers which is great until next 0.61 exp. patch. 

Edited by ori42

Due to the fact that cars are much more available now, I travel a lot more and hence get shot at a lot more. My friends always moan when I want to get yet another car, but in the end they enjoy the experience. Yesterday we took the 4x4 around the northern part of the map. When I stopped to let the others drink at a well, we were ambushed and barely made it out alive in the car. I got grazed and my tactical shirt badly damaged, a friend only survived a headshot due to his tanker helmet. We then proceeded to our homebase and I went looking for a barrel and instead found a guy waiting to ambush me from within a house. Unfortunately (for him) he had to kill a zombie, so I knew he was there. Went in and shot him. Three guys in a session. Then, later as my friends had left, I kinda got lost in the north when I wanted to retrieve a barrel I put on the road earlier. I got too far north and thought: what the hell, might as well check the hunting stands here!

As I was running towards the second hunting stand, not 20 meters in front of me I saw two guys heading for the same stand. One was carrying a blue barrel, the other climbed the stand. I was hesitant to shoot them, even though one was on a ladder and the other defenseless, because of carrying a barrel. I was sitting in a tree, 5 meters behind them. The guy came back down, I followed them for a minute or so and then decided to head back to my car. I felt like any group who made it up north on foot should have a benefit to explore that area. Plus I can always come back and search for their camp when it is more complete ^^ I probably won't though. On the way back to homebase I picked up the other barrel and thought of a good place to park the car. When I arrived there, I found someone had put up a car tent in that location. It had only an AKM with mag and a silenced Glock in it. So I switched it out for my flashlight Glock. But approaching that camp was fun. I didn't know what would be waiting. And now I know we have close neighbors!

Overall, I am meeting more people than expected in the north. I'm going to head south today to make a camp near Elektro. I wonder if I will see much more action there. I like meeting people in the middle of nowhere.  Point is: maybe the servers aren't as empty as we conceive them. I wonder how often someone just observed me and let me walk, because they had their own agenda. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

I want 0.61 experimental now

pretty please

yeah, koffeekage this is where the infected are supposed to make their grand entrance, en masse, via what is being called "dynamic AI spawn".

I have hopes for Wednesday but that's just a gut feeling, no official word have I seen RE: .61.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1