SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

36 minutes ago, IMT said:

It isn't buggy, it is intentional. Even though this should be a beta thing they have been tweaking the CLE throughout multiple Experimental builds. I haven't really looted that much in the 0.60 Stable build and if it changed much since the last Experimental build but I like the way it's going at the moment. It is a post-apocalyptic survival game in which they try to show as much realism as possible. High reward area's will be empty or picked clean which is obvious in such scenario. I also noticed that it takes a longer time for loot to spawn than in 0.59 which is also a good thing because in 0.59 you could literally loot cycle every place.

It is? Well in 59 you could loot cycle because CLE simply was buggy and fixed respawn timers got ignored causing items to respawn instantly. But if high reward areas will be empty or "picked clean" at all times, then they aren't really high reward areas anymore. And looking back at the loot zone distribution scetch from a while ago, that doesn't seem to be the intention. Tier 4 areas like NWA or Tisy are where the highest tier loot should spawn and currently there is only clothes and large amounts of APC rounds.

And yes, the developers try to get players off the coast and go inland. There is where most of the high reward gear will be so you still have a choice.

I mean.. that is where all of the high tier gear will be. But currently it just isn't.

Overall cool patch tho. First time I play with shadows, the difference is amazing. It still feels a bit like you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by enabling them tho.

Edited by Buakaw

5 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

hey I like my challenges to come from the game not the interface - s'all I'm saying.  look at how many hours I have in this game.  I just don't wanna spent THAT much time dealing with awkward.

It's early access so chill out. And you say you like challenges, the heat is actually a bit challenging but still you are complaining about it?

5 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

It is? Well in 59 you could loot cycle because CLE simply was buggy and fixed respawn timers got ignored causing items to respawn instantly. But you do realize that if high reward areas will be empty or "picked clean" at all times, then they aren't really high reward areas anymore, right? And looking back at the loot zone distribution scetch from a while ago, that doesn't seem to be the intention. Tier 4 areas like NWA or Tisy are where the highest tier loot should spawn and currently there is only clothes and large amounts of APC rounds.

Overall cool patch tho. First time I play with shadows, the difference is amazing. It still feels a bit like you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by enabling them tho.

No, that makes it even higher reward. The rarer an item(s) is/are, the more rewarding they are if you find them. It's just plain and simple logic.

Inventory & quickbar slots will increase when u get better gear.

About temprature; I won`t write a guide, but after weeks of testing; temprature is a lot better now with the last patch, and it`s a good reason to get completely drenched when your character sprinting all the time and get hot.

A pesonal note, oh boy, can`t decide which server to get established into a server - so excited. :)

A new beginner tip which was confusing when I started to play Dayz. 

Private = The character will only save on that unique private hive server(s) branch.

Public = Only public characters will save on public branch servers.

Edited by ori42
  • Like 3

It is not a high reward area when the chance of finding a high reward item is extremely low. That makes it a low reward area. Your logic is flawed, increasing the rarity of an item might make finding it more rewarding, but this has nothing to do with the area and it's risk/reward ratio.

And I doubt the large amount of APC spawns are intentional.

4 minutes ago, IMT said:

It's early access so chill out. And you say you like challenges, the heat is actually a bit challenging but still you are complaining about it?

maybe the industry should go back to paying testers if they only want to hear what they did right.

and the heat wasn't the frustration.  it's the feedback appearing and disappearing depending on what server I was on.

• Like 1

one thing that is really messed up is the server resets and or shutdowns. the rollback is more extreme and ive lost a lot of valuable gear because of servers resetting.

Just now, GaryWalnuts said:

Just an FYI

izurvive map reflects the new .60 updates (including the new Tisy base etc)

dayzdb and dayztv don't have it quite yet but I suspect they'll be up shortly

will they touch on the changes made to server reset, shutdown and rollback?

5 minutes ago, Stoner69 said:

I doubt it, I think all of the map sites are "unofficial" and they mostly offer the Terrain and Satellite map

They have a loot overlay too but it's not real-time and they don't always update loot tables as frequently as the devs tweak the CLE.  

The responsiveness on a -20 pop server was great last night.

I went from Kamyshovo to Krasnostav looting mostly civilian locations, 3 police stations, 2 cop cars, and 1 green guard post.

One thing I noticed, I am not seeing magazines spawning inside guns anymore.

After 3 hours I was pretty well geared but did not see any infected until Krasnostav. There I hand carried a Trumpet to use for the few infected I found. After killing one in the town square I seemed to draw aggro from an unseen infected nearby.

I was inside a corner restaurant and hoped I would lose aggro and either snipe the infected as he walked away or dash out the door when the infected lost interest. After a minute I noticed the infected seemed to be staying aggro'd even though I was fully hidden and in fact I never saw this other infected and only heard it screaming and growling. I finally made a dash for the woods and stopped in a tree to log out.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

After a minute I noticed the infected seemed to be staying aggro'd even though I was fully hidden and in fact I never saw this other infected and only heard it screaming and growling.

It seems they lose aggro when you lock yourself in a house and wait for like 20 seconds.

52 minutes ago, Stoner69 said:

What ? 

I made the same observation as BioHaze - guns I found only spawned with scopes and not with magazines. I found no pistols with attachments, either. Maybe it was a bit extreme in experimental, where you found quite a few pistols with silencers or mags  - but I liked that. I prefer more people to have a pistol than sniper rifles ^^ I walked away from quite a few pistol fights. Sometimes the other guy did, too. Pistols are fun :)

Anyway. I took a not as much travelled route today and kriss-krossed around Staroye - Orlovets. There was a bus near Dolina, which I added some stuff to on the way. The next guy that has a battery can just drive it away. I found more ammo than I'm used to, but most of it small caliber, some Winchester in a civil spawn (17 bullets) and a pack of 7.62 on a hunting stand. Most of the ammo came from clothing. 

I had to drink less than usually - still didn't find a canteen in all that time, but I was pretty localized. I had no problems whatsoever with dropping weapons or glitching inventory. Apart from the technical awesomeness of the game now (lighting! frames!) I really admire the extend to which the map was changed. I mean - I started around Staroye and went to Orlovets and both places have changed incredibly. Orlovets is now much more coherent and overgrown. It really looks abandoned and there is a lot of stuff lying around (maybe too much - frames stuttered a few times). All the time I was there a storm was brewing up from the north and I had thunder in the background. Awesome! I really can't find any significant flaws so far and think this is the best patch and update ever! I also really like the outlook of having new infected characters. They already look awesome with their mix of clothes. I had one following me in slacks and a seemingly pristine blue sweater - looked like he was coming from a cocktail party ^^ Love it!

What I'm not so sure about is why the servers I tried all run in realtime. Day is day and night is night. I play a lot at night, but I don't like it to be night in the game as well. If now I could find a few mags for really about anything I carry, I might put this ammo I found to some use. I'm also about to rebuild camp friendly in Olsha :) See you there

• Like 4

I did find guns with mags in them, and pistols with attachments.

• Like 8

I'll report what I've seen on the gun/attachment spawns also.  

A few dozen pistols so far -none with a mag and none with a silencer but two did have the flashlight attachment.

One CR-527 with a mag +2 rounds in it but that's all for civilian rifles, haven't seen any scopes attached.

In Pavlova base I found an AKM with suppressor attached, no mags and I carried it until Myshkino where I found an m4 with nato suppressor.

Can't remember if the m4 had the 30 rd cmag in it or I found it in another tent just moments before...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

A few dozen pistols so far -none with a mag and none with a silencer but two did have the flashlight attachment.

One CR-527 with a mag +2 rounds in it but that's all for civilian rifles, haven't seen any scopes attached.

In Pavlova base I found an AKM with suppressor attached, no mags and I carried it until Myshkino where I found an m4 with nato suppressor.

Can't remember if the m4 had the 30 rd cmag in it or I found it in another tent just moments before...

This morning, I found 2 P1s with mags, amphibia with mag, a glock with mag and silencer, several rifles with hunting scopes, an AK101 with scope, and an AKM with mag and folding stock.  I have never found a gun that doesn't have a mag with ammo in it (Mosin, SKS, Shotty, Magnum, etc.).

• Like 3

Still some oil barrel issues - my pistol was gone after I tried to reload it inside the oil barrel, but the game refused to reload the weapon until I put it in my hand and then it vanished when I put it back into the oil barrel

- hopefully it`s back when I relog. I was so happy earlier since I found 308 winchester ammo. :)

Thanks for the notes, RE: mags in guns.

I did see scopes on a lot of guns personally.

I also wondered how many empty mags, or guns without mags, were that way because someone had emptied them before me.

16 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Glad you guys are actually finding guns, on this private hive I play on the gun situation in myshkino, vybor and NWA was dire. ^^

Played a few hours yesterday then logged in today and I was missing my back pack, pants, and jacket... V_V

Played for a couple of hours last night with a buddy and had a blast. No issues finding guns with attachments, ammo was scarce outside of military zones but attainable, vaulting and hot bar were smooth. Only issues we encountered were infected skipping all around us when we would try to melee them and gun glitching, which didn't seem to last long and was easily fixed.

I'm happy - this should be a good patch. Look forward to finding more people to run with.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IMT said:

-snip-

For the changelog read the entire Experimental thread, this covers most of the changes, good luck.

or this behemoth.

• Like 3

So i changed back from experimental to stable but didnt do any  download!! its normal?

Thought I would do a little bug report feedback. Stuck without being able to see any status effects on my character .6 stable public. Relogging did not resolve. Also had taken zombie aggro and closed a door behind me was in the center of a building and the zombie was able to hit me all the way through the wall approx 15 foot distance and from healthy knock me instantly unconscious. 

• Like 1