SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

31 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Are you kidding me?

The patch where wells stopped working and no food/water was to be found was one of the best patches DayZ ever received.

I didn't like patches 0.55 (grumblegrumblegrumble) through 0.57 (RIDICULOUSworstpatcheverinstantragequit). 0.58 was a great relief (bestpatchever). Nothing to do with the loot situation though. 

Anyways, I agree, it wasn't intentional, but the extra challenge to survive was fun. So many wells,so many cans of drinks and processed food around (although in a place like Chernarus, people shouldn't be dying of dehydration—it's not the Sahara). 

They should put iodine in.

A couple drops purify a PET and you can clean wounds with it too.

AND it's quite common.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

I didn't like patches 0.55 (grumblegrumblegrumble) through 0.57 (RIDICULOUSworstpatcheverinstantragequit). 0.58 was a great relief (bestpatchever). Nothing to do with the loot situation though. 

Anyways, I agree, it wasn't intentional, but the extra challenge to survive was fun. So many wells,so many cans of drinks and processed food around (although in a place like Chernarus, people shouldn't be dying of dehydration—it's not the Sahara). 

Maybe not, but you have to realize that places would have already been picked through by people desperately trying to survive while they wait to be saved by the government and since there wouldn't be any electricity to help keep water running water would be harder to come by unless it was gotten from wells, lakes, etc.

46 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Are you kidding me?

The patch where wells stopped working and no food/water was to be found was one of the best patches DayZ ever received.

Shit was fucking fun, and really challenging to survive. I'd love to see foodspawns decrease and at least half the wells on the map should randomly (dynamic event) be empty.

There are tons of ways to get food and water in this game, yet the only method players use for getting food is looting and the only method they use for getting water is running to wells.

No, I am not kidding you.

It's impossible to get food when you can't get that far from a spawn point before you die.  Run from a spawn point on the beach and die from overheating before you even get up to the road?  You call that fun?  It's fun to starve to death before you can even get near an apple tree or a berry bush?  Even when people were lucky enough to make it to apple trees or berry bushes they were dying of starvation before they ever found enough berries or apples to eat.  That's what you call fun??   You seriously think shoes should go to ruin after a kilometer of running?  I know it's Eastern Europe but I imagine they make better foot ware than that.  You haven't got even a dinky little clue what you are talking about. 

• Like 1

imo dayz should only be about apple picking. I like picking apples

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

imo dayz should only be about apple picking. I like picking apples

They should just rename the game to look like this :P

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 10

I agree they should dial back easy food but i think there should be much more animals as with less people animals would thrive.  

I dont agree with getting rid of wells though.  I live in a town of about 2000 and i bet there is 600 to 800 wells in this town.  They all have electric pumps but i dont think i would have much trouble getting water from them with rope and a tin can.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, VVarhead said:

Indeed, but I hear the devs are working on integrating more survival aspects to the game, so maybe we will even see broken wells.

Puryfing water with boiling is currently even impossible I think, u need to use the purification tablets (which should be rare as fuck, would be awesome to see such an essential item as a rare trading good)

But that only works if there is not a well every 500 metres.

UMMMMMMM>>> As of .60, water purification tabs are rare as fuck.  the only spawn, to my knowledge, at the guardshacks that had military gear for .57, and those brick garage annexes with the stairs and a bathroom in the back corner of the lower room with shelves.

You got your request, and it only took me an hour. Payment may be rendered in the form of beer; IPAs to the front of the line

44 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

They should put iodine in.

A couple drops purify a PET and you can clean wounds with it too.

AND it's quite common.

And it hurts like a sonofabitch to apply to fresh wounds.  I remember my dad laughing at me after I stubbed/split a toe as a pre-K child, and he put some Iodine on it because i wouldn't stop asking for something to make it better; made me forget the pain of the toe injury, alright.  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>  If only I still had those mad dancin' skillz....

While we're at it, this would be a great place to rehash my request for a "morale" meter, much the same as hunger and thirst and thermal comfort.  Iodine would decrease morale when applied to wounds; alcohol would be morale-neutral; and a poultice (I'm lookin' at you, Yarrow) would be, slightly, morale building.

52 minutes ago, barnabus said:

It's impossible to get food when you can't get that far from a spawn point before you die.  Run from a spawn point on the beach and die from overheating before you even get up to the road?  You call that fun?  It's fun to starve to death before you can even get near an apple tree or a berry bush?  Even when people were lucky enough to make it to apple trees or berry bushes they were dying of starvation before they ever found enough berries or apples to eat.  That's what you call fun??   You seriously think shoes should go to ruin after a kilometer of running?  I know it's Eastern Europe but I imagine they make better foot ware than that.  You haven't got even a dinky little clue what you are talking about. 

I think the bad footwear durability was the patch I started playin on, .51 or .52, IIRC; and I though that it was an absolutely sonderful design feature, although it seemed that I should have been able to make it farther on a pair of new sneakers than Gorka, from a Nizhnoye spawn through Orlovets and Polana.
I actually had a lot of fun on the starvation patch, where Imet and talked to many people while picking apples, who openly said they would have otherwise killed me, but were too busy trying not to die.  As it turned out, that situation created an emergent behavior where people teaming up to loot their way inland, could actually get healthy enough to survive and find gear to defend themselves with by resting one person working on an apple tree while the other spent energy looting for free food and better storage and weapons/tools.  It was actually a pretty immersive patch, even if it was a fair bit too hardcore for most.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I think the bad footwear durability was the patch I started playin on, .51 or .52, IIRC; and I though that it was an absolutely sonderful design feature, although it seemed that I should have been able to make it farther on a pair of new sneakers than Gorka, from a Nizhnoye spawn through Orlovets and Polana.
I actually had a lot of fun on the starvation patch, where Imet and talked to many people while picking apples, who openly said they would have otherwise killed me, but were too busy trying not to die.  As it turned out, that situation created an emergent behavior where people teaming up to loot their way inland, could actually get healthy enough to survive and find gear to defend themselves with by resting one person working on an apple tree while the other spent energy looting for free food and better storage and weapons/tools.  It was actually a pretty immersive patch, even if it was a fair bit too hardcore for most.

It was much worse than that, I remember spawning in on the beach and by the time I made the road I was hyperthermic, this was about 90 seconds after logging in.  I tried to make it back to the water but blacked out before I made it.  I also remember starving to death while searching for berries since I was already starving by the time I made it to the berry bushes.  This wasn't immersive, it was stupid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dudester100 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

^^ This, has already been confirmed.. btw.  It'll be the first expansion pack DLC for DayZ after it's officially released.  

Come on, man.. old news.  :P

• Like 2

6 hours ago, barnabus said:

Even when people were lucky enough to make it to apple trees or berry bushes they were dying of starvation before they ever found enough berries or apples to eat. 

If you are talking about 0.55, have you really played it? After getting used to the fact I will need apples, death by starvation never happened to me again. It was not too easy to get enough food, but if you took your time at apple trees and ponds, you would also soon be energised, hydrated, healthy. It was just more risky doing so, since you'd be out in the open when picking apples, ready to get shot at.

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, barnabus said:

It was much worse than that, I remember spawning in on the beach and by the time I made the road I was hyperthermic, this was about 90 seconds after logging in.  I tried to make it back to the water but blacked out before I made it.  I also remember starving to death while searching for berries since I was already starving by the time I made it to the berry bushes.  This wasn't immersive, it was stupid.

I remember that only on experimental. And fast decomposing shoes. 

Fact is there should be less canned food around and more animals. More foxes and wolves (their meat is not so tasty I think). Why would we have to be energised and healthy all the time? Why shouldnt we be hungry first hour or so instead of rushing straight to Vybor base?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, igor-vk said:

I remember that only on experimental. And fast decomposing shoes. 

Fact is there should be less canned food around and more animals. More foxes and wolves (their meat is not so tasty I think). Why would we have to be energised and healthy all the time? Why shouldnt we be hungry first hour or so instead of rushing straight to Vybor base?

It is way to easy to get to military installations. The character can easily get from cherno to vybor without eating or drinking, if you take the shortest way and dont loot anything. 

The easiest way would be to rebalance the initial values for hunger, thirst and stamina when spawning. ( A wakeup animation would be cool too, screen fading... ) I dont know how this would change the way people take on their characters life but it would be interesting to see how the players would change their looting behavior when they spawn, if suddenly hunger would be a thing.

Another though i had was on the spawning gear, wouldnt it be much more immersive to spawn with random items/clothing when you wake up? A small selection of items you spawn with in different conditions so you can really think about your characters backstory before you woke up on the beach? 

Hm, with the new exp build i'm not able to connect to any server. Looks like 'connect' button isn't reacting at all :D
update: weird issue has gone O_o
update2: aaand it's back.... wtf

Edited by industria

On ‎27‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 2:26 AM, Dudester100 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

i have not found a thing

i have not found a thing

i have not found a thing

i have not found a thing

i have not found a thing

i have not found a thing

i have not found a thing

i have not found a thing

i have not found a thing

i have found something!

Edited by mammut (DayZ)
  • Like 6

Ha, now i got how enter. Looks like queue feature is working well, had not to spam with my enter button ^^

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, industria said:

Ha, now i got how enter. Looks like queue feature is working well, had not to spam with my enter button ^^

I just tried it for science and got a similar result.  I gave a single click on connect, and then I waited.  I got in after a minute or two.  

In these last few days of small patches it does feel like there's a basic queue system being implemented (minus any queue-related notifications).

Every patch seems slightly different upon connecting: a Joining Game screen vs. no Joining Game screen, a novo splash screen vs. no novo splash screen, etc.

Once in game the server wasn't responsive and BattlEye was kicking everyone, including myself after about a minute.

• Like 2

Either you loved the famine patch or hated it. While people were crying about it i was surviving, because fruit was invisible, but no one else would check in building besides look in windows. I ran around with inv window open and was a fat cat survivor. Fruit was invisible until it was picked up. Everyone else was getting shot standing in front of apple trees.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me what build is on Exp at the moment? I'm at work so I can't check myself :p

2 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Can anyone tell me what build is on Exp at the moment? I'm at work so I can't check myself :p

As of right now my character screen says 0.60.133210

• Like 1

60.133210 is what I see.

4 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

• Like 1

woke up to a small patch, and just got another 12.8MB patch roll through as well.

showing 133219 in-game version now.

• Like 1

So the experimental servers are still down or are these recent small fixes enough to let us play for more than a few minutes before being kicked ? I need some dayz fix soon .

• Like 1