SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

hm, would be an option to switch back to the last relatively stable version of the unstable branch from today till Sunday then?

It would allow for people to play again after quite a dire period when it comes to game time ;)

5 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

hm, would be an option to switch back to the last relatively stable version of the unstable branch from today till Sunday then?

It would allow for people to play again after quite a dire period when it comes to game time ;)

They already said that's be counter productive, I believe the discontent of not having anything up outweighs it but I'm not a software producer. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

As they already explained, they have done that twice so far and they will not do it again because they will not progress by doing that. We need to sit this one out bud and after that we can yay and play again. :)

I'd like to put myself into an induced coma until then but I blew my budget for that riding out the servers being "down for the weekend". I love this game but these guys really are the shits with goals and deadlines. Does the whole software industry work like this? They're lucky they do this instead of a real job, not producing? fired, replaced. I picture this place like my wife's office a bunch of lazy bitches more concerned with what's not in their job description than getting shit done, oh quitting time? I'll get that tomorrow. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

They already said that's be counter productive, 

yet they never said how it could be counter productive to have the server running on an older version as opposed to it not running at all.

Unless counter productive refers to the server or electricity bill, then they are right of course. Other than that, what's the plausible reason to keep it down for the weekend?

And yes, they will not progress, IMT. However, it will not hold process either. It would merely be a customer service. If they are ready to do it based on this, that's another question.

Edited by Noctoras

I have moments with these guys where it feels like paying a kid in advance to do chores, they spent the money, ate the candy, and now have no motivation to produce. 

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, why is it so important that everyone feels it's there right to have access to experimental servers without question when clearly, Bi is doing, and continuing to do there jobs and allowing access to an albeit sub-par in comparison stable branch? Do you guys like only have one game installed on your pc's?? Personally I'm having much fun at present trying to make a dynamic zombies and demons mission on arma 3 to pass the time on until I get another look at Dayz. Hopefully smithing like the Eden editor will ship with Dayz official release but hey, I'm happy to wait and see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IMT said:

I suggest you wait until the experimental servers are up. I have been thinking lately to revert back to 0.59 for the time being but I'm not going to do that. I think most people will agree with me on this one. Once you go 0.60, you never go back.

Yep, went back to .59 and the flickering low fps where painful.

1 minute ago, Luc1fer said:

Out of curiosity, why is it so important that everyone feels it's there right to have access to experimental servers without question when clearly, Bi is doing, and continuing to do there jobs and allowing access to an albeit sub-par in comparison stable branch? Do you guys like only have one game installed on your pc's?? Personally I'm having much fun at present trying to make a dynamic zombies and demons mission on arma 3 to pass the time on until I get another look at Dayz. Hopefully smithing like the Eden editor will ship with Dayz official release but hey, I'm happy to wait and see.

Good for you, I burned out on every other game I own waiting for this. They had months to come up with something and it feels like they slapped it together the day before they released it. 

5 minutes ago, Luc1fer said:

don't know, bad habit?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luc1fer said:

Out of curiosity, why is it so important that everyone feels it's there right

It's not about importance and entitlement. It's just a nice gesture they can do or not do, simple as that.
When I got a slice of sausage for free from the butcher's back when I was a child, I didn't feel entitled to it, yet I was grateful every time I got one.

You just mix up feelings of entitlement and gratitude for customer service here. And maybe a slight disappointment, if some of us don't get the candy, or the sausage. It's not really a fine move to come up with the broken record of the "entitled" again.

• Like 1

Frankly, I'd rather wait for something great than play something shitty.  There was a patch, quite a while back, not sure which one where we would spawn in and either starve to death, die of dehydration or hypothermia before you could even move 100 meters.  That was horrible.  There was another patch where your shoes would wear to ruin within a 1000 meters of use.  Those were bad, I've waited this long so I can wait a few more days.  No biggie. 

• Like 9

To everyone venting their frustrations about the development of the game, I get where you're coming from and sometimes I've even felt like venting my frustration but then I thought about it and realized that they could've just remade mod as standalone like their original intention was and called it a day, or even released a half-assed game full of game-breaking bugs that was barely playable.

Instead of recreating the mod, they're doing something more ambitious and are including things that we as players have asked for along with a new renderer in order to try to give us the best game possible. I know it sucks not being able to play, but I'd rather end up with a game that is extremely fun and has as little bugs as possible than to play a bug ridden game that's not even really playable such as some of the AAA titles that came out this year or even in the past. 

• Like 5

Still no dice on servers up, eh? Darn. Well, looks like they're making headway on some stuff. - I liked their Status Report, albeit I'd really be interested to hear more about the specifics of what they mean by Dynamic Zombie spawning, and maybe a tease of the sound differences in store for the Audio fixes.

I am just venting, I love this game, I love what it could be based on other titles from BI and their modability.

How they seem to go about things though is just frustrating because I can't see or understand the thought process behind it. As far as I recall after .59 they said they'd take longer on .6 before we got it so it would be almost good to go already, a quick exp cycle, and faster to stable. We got one that plays well (better than ever) when there's servers available, they broke something which happens with what their doing. I just feel that it took them so long they should have had this stuff ironed out on their end before we got it or maybe throw more man/hours at it to keep on some sort of schedule.

I thought avoiding this was the point of waiting all of forever to go from .59 to .6. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I am just venting, I love this game, I love what it could be based on other titles from BI and their modability.

How they seem to go about things though is just frustrating because I can't see or understand the thought process behind it. As far as I recall after .59 they said they'd take longer on .6 before we got it so it would be almost good to go already, a quick exp cycle, and faster to stable. We got one that plays well (better than ever) when there's servers available, they broke something which happens with what their doing. I just feel that it took them so long they should have had this stuff ironed out on their end before we got it or maybe throw more man/hours at it to keep on some sort of schedule.

I thought avoiding this was the point of waiting all of forever to go from .59 to .6. 

I can see where you are coming from, but I imagine their prior, internal testing can't really compare to 5k people spamming connect at once.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

I can see where you are coming from, but I imagine their prior, internal testing can't really compare to 5k people spamming connect at once.

Exactly, then what was the point of spending more time doing internal work to make this go smoother if it's not accomplishing that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luc1fer said:

Do you guys like only have one game installed on your pc's?? 

DayZ was the first game I bought for my PC.  After buying Fallout 4 and Black OPS 3, yet never putting more than 6 or 8 hours into either, I've decided to stop buying any new games that I know I will never play.

DayZ is the Beez Kneez. Nothing else will do.  It's like being raised vegan, and finally getting that first taste of bacon.  I'm never going back.  All other games are inferior.  Except maybe that new RSI title...

47 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Exactly, then what was the point of spending more time doing internal work to make this go smoother if it's not accomplishing that?

The game actually plays very nicely, it's the login and server load problems that we are all causing that they could not have reasonably foreseen, or at least could not create the circumstances internally, that led to this issue.  Much like last week's bad patch, they couldn't tell there was an issue, until after it was released for large-scale public testing.  

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

It's like being raised vegan, and finally getting that first taste of bacon.  I'm never going back.  

wisely spoken ...

not exactly context related :

qJAch7t.png

Edited by mammut (DayZ)
  • Like 3

@emuthreat Nah, it's certainly on its way to being the bees knees, but it's way off yet pal. The single most immersive experience I've had with Dayz was years back on the mod when I teamed up with a foreign lady (yes a girl gamer) who spoke very little English. After 40 minutes of tense scouting around and then in chenarus we rounded a corner and bumped into a rouge zombie , I dispatched it with my makarov, the only gun between us only to be suddenly set upon by a rampaging horde. I ran off away from her and started shooting my one mag wildly, getting all the attention on me while screaming RUN down my mic. Seeing her flee off into the distance whilst I was getting rage eaten by zeds knowing I'd saved a life was sooo gratifying. When I'm immersed in such a way again I'll be the first to agree with you pal ;)

Edited by Luc1fer
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Luc1fer said:

-snip-When I'm immersed in such a way again I'll be the first to agree with you pal ;)

I know exactly how you feel.

We've waited 2.5 years for infected to return in force to Chernarus and now we are being told .61 will feature dynamic infected spawn and the first predators (wolves).

The biggest changes in how the game plays are all on the horizon, new modules are being crammed in and borked as we speak!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, barnabus said:

Frankly, I'd rather wait for something great than play something shitty.  There was a patch, quite a while back, not sure which one where we would spawn in and either starve to death, die of dehydration or hypothermia before you could even move 100 meters.  That was horrible.  There was another patch where your shoes would wear to ruin within a 1000 meters of use.  Those were bad, I've waited this long so I can wait a few more days.  No biggie. 

Are you kidding me?

The patch where wells stopped working and no food/water was to be found was one of the best patches DayZ ever received.

Shit was fucking fun, and really challenging to survive. I'd love to see foodspawns decrease and at least half the wells on the map should randomly (dynamic event) be empty.

There are tons of ways to get food and water in this game, yet the only method players use for getting food is looting and the only method they use for getting water is running to wells.

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Are you kidding me?

The patch where wells stopped working and no food/water was to be found was one of the best patches DayZ ever received.

Shit was fucking fun, and really challenging to survive. I'd love to see foodspawns decrease and at least half the wells on the map should randomly (dynamic event) be empty.

There are tons of ways to get food and water in this game, yet the only method players use for getting food is looting and the only method they use for getting water is running to wells.

Maybe they should make the wells randomly spawn missing a pump handle, or other piece of linkage.  Boiling water should be a common thing to do for players less than four hours old.

• Like 1

Just now, emuthreat said:

Maybe they should make the wells randomly spawn missing a pump handle, or other piece of linkage.  Boiling water should be a common thing to do for players less than four hours old.

Indeed, but I hear the devs are working on integrating more survival aspects to the game, so maybe we will even see broken wells.

Puryfing water with boiling is currently even impossible I think, u need to use the purification tablets (which should be rare as fuck, would be awesome to see such an essential item as a rare trading good)

But that only works if there is not a well every 500 metres.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Whooooa there skippy, a quadruple post?

I may double post here and there but you should multi-quote or consolidate posts.

We had servers, some updates, a critical bug associated to the log in process was found last week and we've been trying small patches to get back to playable since the end of last week and basically all week long.

At this rate we may not see a playable patch for this weekend.  :(

How do you expect us midgets to get our Bean King status? This guy is on a fast track and he's not the only one. I've seen guys get their Bean King in record time over here.  (kidding, sorta)