SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

3 minutes ago, hitt0r said:

I havent played in ~6 months.

I've downloaded experimental but i cant connect to any of the servers which show free slots and just get "Connection Failed" - i've done some googling but most posts relate to everyone trying to get on when it was released a short while ago.

Advice?

I only ever got on to a .60 experimental server once... then it restarted

after that I just gave up

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hitt0r said:

I havent played in ~6 months.

I've downloaded experimental but i cant connect to any of the servers which show free slots and just get "Connection Failed" - i've done some googling but most posts relate to everyone trying to get on when it was released a short while ago.

Advice?

Experimental isn't really up at the moment. A handful of servers may available intermittently to test something (such as the 2 you mentioned), but the branch isn't really playable at the moment. See my post from shortly before your comment.

• Like 3

Didnt think to check while servers were up.  Are tents still bulletproof?  Also wondering, i know we can carry a second backpack in hand but with the glitch resetting your loot i was too afraid to check if i could carry a loaded backpack in hand.

Kinda liking that there is chickens everywhere.  I know it makes food pretty easy to find but i feel like its realistic.  With very few other animals to eat them and less of us to farm them i think the chicken population would explode.  Also makes fire more important

6 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

*snip*  

Also wondering, i know we can carry a second backpack in hand but with the glitch resetting your loot i was too afraid to check if i could carry a loaded backpack in hand.

*snip*

I believe that was listed as fixed in the most recent status report.

Hello,

So there is no available servers right now or it come from me? 

10 minutes ago, darricks said:

Hello,

So there is no available servers right now or it come from me? 

There might be 2 servers up sporadically, but other than that all the servers are down for the time being.

Noticed that it states fixed for the backpack bug.  Was just curious if you are able to fill a backpack with xtra gear and then carry it in hand or if the backpack has to be empty

9 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Noticed that it states fixed for the backpack bug.  Was just curious if you are able to fill a backpack with xtra gear and then carry it in hand or if the backpack has to be empty

Haven't tried but the second week I found a smaller waterproof bag before I found a backpack, I could carry it with stuff in it and put it down to use stuff in my hands. I did more recently fill coats in houses, walk them outside in hand and chuck them to see if I could manipulate item cleanup so I would assume all containers (except barrels?) can be full and carried in hand.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

Edited by BCBasher

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

There might be 2 servers up sporadically, but other than that all the servers are down for the time being.

Can't see how putting them up with the last "stable exp" build would actually hurt their testing, but I guess we have to cope with stuff being down for the time being.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

Can't see how putting them up with the last "stable exp" build would actually hurt their testing, but I guess we have to cope with stuff being down for the time being.

The devs ways are inscrutable

• Like 1

Just now, Luc Tonnerre said:

The devs ways are inscrutable

True that :)

11 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

6 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Haven't tried but the second week I found a smaller waterproof bag before I found a backpack, I could carry it with stuff in it and put it down to use stuff in my hands. I did more recently fill coats in houses, walk them outside in hand and chuck them to see if I could manipulate item cleanup so I would assume all containers (except barrels?) can be full and carried in hand.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

The bug is fixed a while back. I had a backpack in my hands when the server crashed and when I got back in I still had all my gear.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IMT said:

The bug is fixed a while back. I had a backpack in my hands when the server crashed and when I got back in I still had all my gear.

He was wondering if you could say, carry two backpacks with stuff in them one on your back and one in hand. I genuinely haven't tried backpacks but think it should be possible, it already has the trade off of slowing weapon draw and as stamina and weight are implemented you could choose to take the bad with the good from it. 

• Like 2

Just now, BCBasher said:

He was wondering if you could say, carry two backpacks with stuff in them one on your back and one in hand. I genuinely haven't tried backpacks but think it should be possible, it already has the trade off of slowing weapon draw and as stamina and weight are implemented you could choose to take the bad with the good from it. 

You can actually carry a backpack on your back and hands both with stuff. There was a bug though which made you spawn in after a restart naked and afraid with only an empty backpack in your hands. But my backpack was empty when I spawned back in not sure if that made a difference. Guess I can test it out as soon as the servers are back.

• Like 6

Awesome.  Thanks for the intel.  Musta missed the second post u quoted.  Usually watch the forums pretty careful.  Hate that i asked a question that was already answered but live and learn.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, IMT said:

You can actually carry a backpack on your back and hands both with stuff. There was a bug though which made you spawn in after a restart naked and afraid with only an empty backpack in your hands. But my backpack was empty when I spawned back in not sure if that made a difference. Guess I can test it out as soon as the servers are back.

I'll be trying that one as well, been looking forward to that feature for awhile. Junior and I don't suicide to get closer spawns. If someone gets one near where we're interested in and the other is far away one of us will collect stuff for both of us and wait for the other while they mad dash for the rendezvous. That and I'd use solo living off the grid but being able to move independent of a barrel.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

I have done this, also keeps the tool bar correctly populated.  I tend to grab the assault pack and RUN into the woods rather than try to transfer gear on the spot.

Hold the pack in hand, transfer gear from one pack to the other and then swap the packs.  I do NOT recommend carrying a second pack in hand as that could be extremely hazardous to your health.

• Like 1

If you haven't seen the movie "Open Grave" I highly recommend it.  Very DayZ (some characters drive aroung in a Red Lada hatchback) like and a pretty good plot twist..

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Anybody know who this clown is/was?

Pretty sure it's a reroll of someone who's already been banned, the fucking name even means exactly what he's trying to do.

I picked-up on that too.  His name literally means that he is secretly harboring infectious diseases.  Go figure...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I picked-up on that too.  His name literally means that he is secretly harboring infectious diseases.  Go figure...

Yeah due to what he wrote he seems to be a ray of sunshine ....

Edited by mammut (DayZ)
  • Like 1

He would have done better to pick a name composed of synonyms for "derided" and "douchebag" but hey, I'm not his creative consultant...

• Like 3

Haven't played in 6 months.

Hear buzz about new Exp update.

Can't see any servers to play on.

Log out.

See you in another 6 months DayZ.

14 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Haven't played in 6 months.

Hear buzz about new Exp update.

Can't see any servers to play on.

Log out.

See you in another 6 months DayZ.

Glad you shared this with us. How could i even live without that information ....