SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Those "loud" silence on twitter worries me a bit....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

i think you should be at 219, not 210...

ah tpyo!  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, wasnu said:

Those "loud" silence on twitter worries me a bit....

I guess we'll know in a couple of hours, if its going to end-up being more than a week with the Exp. servers down.  I sure hope not, I'm running out of stuff to do around my yard.  I might have to *gasp* leave my house for entertainment.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I guess we'll know in a couple of hours, if its going to end-up being more than a week with the Exp. servers down.  I sure hope not, I'm running out of stuff to do around my yard.  I might have to *gasp* leave my house for entertainment.

I honestly couldn't care less, since tomorrow morning I will be on a plane to Cuba and internet in Cuba is ... well, a rare and precious thing ;)

I hope nonetheless that BI gives her customers a treat and puts the servers up, be it in the last stable unstable version or with a new build

Edited by Noctoras

3 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I've been sick with flu since Wednesday. I would say that the timing is awful! I did get some play time yesterday but need more.

I'm really behind in yard work, the neighbour's are glaring at me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

I honestly couldn't care less, since tomorrow morning I will be on a plane to Cuba and internet in Cuba is ... well, a rare and precious thing ;)

I hope nonetheless that BI gives her customers a treat and puts the servers up, be it in the last stable unstable version or with a new build

Things should be changing for the better in the next few years for Cuba :)

• Like 1

so far...

I have seen one exp server up with the latest version. Tried to join it, said "joining game" on splash screen. kicked back said max players reached. Closed game. Went to take a shit. Came back. Launched game. saw same server. showed 0/60. Clicked join. Have been stuck on splash screen with a mouse cursor for several minutes. Can't do anything else. Tabbed out to type this message. Tabbed back in, "joining game" was added to splash screen. It then flashed back to main screen. Tried joining again (13/60 this time) and gave splash screen with "joining game", then "max players reached".

The tabbing may have had something to do with the failure in this instance, so I will try again and see what happens.

• Like 1

Just now, pcs305 said:

I've been sick with flu since Wednesday. I would say that the timing is awful! I did get some play time yesterday but need more.

I'm really behind in yard work, the neighbour's are glaring at me.

I know how that feels.  Luckily, I've gotten everything under control except for the stinging nettles.  I might have to do a little cosplay with my M10 Gasmask while I shred those things with a weedeater.  It is unwise to be unprotected when I do something to make an aersol of those things...

I'm sure you'll start feeling better after the next viable update is released.  Murphy be with you.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

Business or pleasure? I would like to see Cuba before the big inevitable mass commercialization starts.

• Like 2

If Cuba doesn't have a National Kludge Museum, they should.  Cuban engineering is arguably the only good thing that came of the embargo.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, pcs305 said:

Business or pleasure? I would like to see Cuba before the big inevitable mass commercialization starts.

Pleasure, I am probably almost too late, but I told myself better now than later, so I am flying now

@Emu: In a DayZ with skill system, the Cubans sure would have "car repair" as a major skill set ;)

• Like 6

looks like we had one server come up with the latest patch. I wasn't able to successfully connect (mostly max players reached, with the occasional connecting failed). Server went away about 10 minutes ago or more. Haven't seen it since.

I guess the latest test did not go as they hoped.

(EDIT: Looks like there is a 133222 passworded test server up though. Newer version than it was 20 minutes ago, and newer than the latest client version I have)

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)
  • Like 2

new steam DB activity for experimental...

looks like the guys try to get the servers running before weekend 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Noctoras said:

If you are talking about 0.55, have you really played it? After getting used to the fact I will need apples, death by starvation never happened to me again. It was not too easy to get enough food, but if you took your time at apple trees and ponds, you would also soon be energised, hydrated, healthy. It was just more risky doing so, since you'd be out in the open when picking apples, ready to get shot at.

Yes, I played it.  In fact I have over 4500 hours in game, that's more than six months of real time spent playing this game. 194.79 days actually.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, wasnu said:

new steam DB activity for experimental...

looks like the guys try to get the servers running before weekend 

I got a 0 byte patch a minute ago. still 219 on client though for me.

• Like 1

What kind of data can they be getting with one server up for less than an hour?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

I got a 0 byte patch a minute ago. still 219 on client though for me.

I have noticed that on occasion, steam will do a file check before a download.  I got 716.2 kb at 55 past the hour

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, barnabus said:

Mostly data from log in attempts I'm guessing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, barnabus said:

I guess the kind that says no one can successfully connect :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, barnabus said:

With the small update activity we've had today, I'm guessing that it's one minor connection bug they're trying to squash before a playable release - or maybe I'm just being overly optimistic :)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

client update incoming as well. 4.5MB

This one matches THE TEST server which is passworded of course, but I don't see any other servers yet. 

*fingers crossed*

[edit: that one UK server just popped up]

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 3

looks like i kinda got in the uk one that popped up...

made it passed the splash screen, but got stuck on this screen (which used to mean, I was getting in) had to force quit.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 2