boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

How do you even drown? I tried drowning and left my character on the bottom of the ocean for half an hour and nothing happened

Sometimes drowning does not work properly.  I broke my legs in Kamy PD once and crawled out to sea to drown.  I went off the docks into the deep, and ended up ironically going and getting some food while I waited to starve to death on the bottom of the sea.

It's really refreshing to read all of these anti-KoS or at least non-KoS posts.

For so long the dialogue here has been that KoS = survival.

Even if it's just in our little corner of this forum right now... it's a nice change.

Out gunned, out numbered, though never out classed. *Especially for J0seph who blew those dudes the fuck up.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 5

Ran all over the Chernogorsk area tonight when I first spawned looking for wheels to go on the Offroad. There was one spawned at the western end of Cherno, and I ran into TWO friendly gentlemen separately who were also searching for parts to go on the same car. I was able to find a single wheel, but after I returned from looking for another the whole car was gone  :o By that point, Mean Gun Morris had begun making his way north to meet Dudester, so I decided to do the same.

After the very long trek north to Karmanovka, we got a V3S running and had the same results as last time: frustrating. The poor thing just can't even move its own weight except downhill  :( Not sure if it's a bug or something else that didn't pan out as intended. Either way, I hope they address it because the V3S has been rendered a waste of time for the moment. If there isn't one already, I'll be filing a nice feedback ticket in the morning when I'm not so tired. Ours was missing a door as well as the hood, and we did not have enough tires to fill every slot so we left the middle two empty to try and maintain balance.

Some shots from the evening:

The Offroad pictured isn't the one I was trying to fix up. This is one on the other end of the city.

JEIcjbT.jpg

JEmhWI6.jpg

HaxH5as.jpg

5zwWlD8.jpg

Z1bA9qY.jpg

• Like 7

if you log into the same server you logged out of two seconds ago, there should NOT be a wait time imposed.  had to relog a ton of times tonight to pick things up and that wait time got really damn annoying.

bugs of the day:  can't put bullets in my red 9, even after relogging.  killed a boar, equipped a kitchen knife and got no option for skinning it - just 'view contents' and 'hide body'.

and yeah, vehicles seem to be nothing more than a container to store vehicle parts in.  lol

• Like 2

Sometimes drowning does not work properly. I broke my legs in Kamy PD once and crawled out to sea to drown. I went off the docks into the deep, and ended up ironically going and getting some food while I waited to starve to death on the bottom of the sea.

Yep, this is an old known bug (scheduled for a fix as well)

• Like 2

and yeah, vehicles seem to be nothing more than a container to store vehicle parts in.  lol

This so much right now

Played the new patch for the first time.

Everything I tried (basic stuff) seemed to work fairly well but there was some definite server lag.

Within 30mins I had rice, PET, and 10 purification tabs....

Saw a good deal of firearms but even less ammo than previously.

I hope we see another patch before next weekend.

I'm trying to stay optimistic about the state of infected but would love to hear something more in the status report.

Need moar zombeez plox.

Also, thanks for adding another US 1PP, dev people!

:beans:

• Like 2

So I spawned in fresh, as did everyone else. No clothes and no items? I relogged and got my default kit. Ran from Cherno to Mogilevka and met a guy who freaked and locked himself in a toilet :) friendly guy though. From there to Novy Sobor police station, Found 15+ SMG's, every room had 3-4, no mags though. Definitely need some tweaking in that department, all other items seemed ok to me. Made it almost all the way to Karmanovka before randomly freezing, hard reset was in order. Log back in and within 10-15mins it happens again, not sure what caused it. Finally making it to Dudestar and Tatanko we get the v3s sorted but needed the new ui to be able to remove spare wheels. Had a good laugh with them boys watching everyone jump around the truck like it was a venomous snake when we tried to get it unstuck.. We all left Karmanovka, them in the truck and me on foot, we travel to Svet. I would have beat them there if I stopped looting, thats how much power the truck has, runs like shit at the moment.

• Like 6

Driving is strange.  Still haven't quite figured out shifting.  At least with the V3S anyway, seems to be q and e but there seem to be many more reverse gears than forward ones.  Bug maybe?

So I spawned in fresh, as did everyone else. No clothes and no items? I relogged and got my default kit. Ran from Cherno to Mogilevka and met a guy who freaked and locked himself in a toilet :) friendly guy though. From there to Novy Sobor police station, Found 15+ SMG's, every room had 3-4, no mags though. Definitely need some tweaking in that department, all other items seemed ok to me. Made it almost all the way to Karmanovka before randomly freezing, hard reset was in order. Log back in and within 10-15mins it happens again, not sure what caused it. Finally making it to Dudestar and Tatanko we get the v3s sorted but needed the new ui to be able to remove spare wheels. Had a good laugh with them boys watching everyone jump around the truck like it was a venomous snake when we tried to get it unstuck.. We all left Karmanovka, them in the truck and me on foot, we travel to Svet. I would have beat them there if I stopped looting, thats how much power the truck has, runs like shit at the moment.

Confirm on the truck, I had the same issue.

Seems despawn rates on somethings is pretty darn fast.  I found the two truck tires but being only able to carry one I hiked the 5 k to where the truck was and went back, when I got there the other tire was gone.  Not sure if some one else picked it up or not and I never touched it, I just saw it.  Just seems like this was happening with other items too.  However, I swapped a damage yellow case for a pristine one hours earlier and the damaged one was still there when I went back looking for tires..

Still some inventory bugs, not too serious but annoying, have to log back out and in to  see what you really have and where.  Most prevelnt issues I had was with attachments for the Mosin. 

Edited by Barnabus

Driving is strange.  Still haven't quite figured out shifting.  At least with the V3S anyway, seems to be q and e but there seem to be many more reverse gears than forward ones.  Bug maybe?

Confirm on the truck, I had the same issue.

Yes, q to downshift e to shift into next gear. The problem I often have is that I'm accelerating in 2nd gear, instead of first, which doesn't at all behave like in real life. Because in second gear the car hardly moves, even if you rev the engine up. It's sometimes difficult for me to know, which gear I am in, so when in doubt and my car isn't driving well during acceleration, I shift down one and it goes again. 

I randomly died while running up one of those blue small ramps to the square TEC building at Elektro Harbor. My pants and everything in it was ruined, I got my other stuff back, though. Still, this is the first random death for me in forever, and nothing happened in that building before. 

After I respawned, I found myself near Svetlo and decided to start making a camp with a few barrels. The thing is: this is a public camp for bantering and meeting up. I put pumpkin slices, clothes and drink in one barrel, tools, seed and fertilizer in the other. Threw in a lantern and fireplace for the midnight hours and am genuinely hoping people will find it and keep it alive. I left a note in one of the barrels. If you find a note from S3V3N on De-02 (first person), you found my public camp ;)

One question: does anyone have problems with invisible items in their barrels? I know the PM RAK magazine is in there, because it uses up two slots. I can't take it out or move it, however and the magazine itself is invisible. I also think there is a pack of 9mm ammo in there with the same glitch. 

My walkie talkie stopped working, even though I put the battery in it. I can only inspect it, but not switch frequency or turn it on anymore. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

Finally got my new PC up and running and got a taste of 0.59. I don't know if it is my pc (nothing spectacular) or the most recent update but it seemed to be running very smoothly in elektro for me. Didn't have the counter on but frame-rates were noticeably NOT choppy. Although I do get the feeling that my video options keep resetting, or at the very least the Resolution %... or maybe it's because I've been awake 24 hours and not following what I'm tinkering with. But seriously? Anyone been asked to restart by the game a couple of times due to video settings going a bit weird?

Either way, looking forward to a nice 12 hour session tonight to give it a proper run through. Exciting times for me indeed :D  :thumbsup: , though I still didn't get to see the infected back again!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the first thing that happened was the battery glitched out my jeans and kept self replicating. :p Going to need new trousers...

Edited by Konfucious K
  • Like 1

However, I swapped a damage yellow case for a pristine one hours earlier and the damaged one was still there when I went back looking for tires..

protector cases act as barrels, tents ,etc. I believe

• Like 2

I have not seen any zombies since the latest update. Anyone else?

Killed more than dozen in Novo.

if anyone's considering putting together a sedan puzzle (for science) in 1pp, I have a spark plug north of dubky.  I think I have a headlight too (don't know if you need that to make the car run).

message me if you want it

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 1

After the newui is fixed, will it actually still be giving us 10+ more frames? Or does it have to do with economies not working in -newui that we get that boost? The only thing that's working in newui (most of the time) is the inventory, especially with cars and tents. Well, it's not really working right, but it does let you access vehicles and tents fully. If the food and drink meters would be fixed, I'd use it. I hope that is a concern before going into beta stage.

I'm pretty sure the newui will still help the game run smoother because it uses the gpu instead of the cpu and isn't part of the scene, as opposed to the old ui. This is why the frames were better.

Killed more than dozen in Novo.

Yeah I saw quite a few in novo and some in Severograd. Were they always there? seems like they're just shifting between major cities around the map at this rate lol

One question: does anyone have problems with invisible items in their barrels? I know the PM RAK magazine is in there, because it uses up two slots. I can't take it out or move it, however and the magazine itself is invisible. I also think there is a pack of 9mm ammo in there with the same glitch. 

I reported that bug on the Feedback Tracker back during 0.57 but it was never confirmed or even acknowledged.

• Like 1

My walkie talkie stopped working, even though I put the battery in it. I can only inspect it, but not switch frequency or turn it on anymore. 

I noticed this happens when the radio is turned on and placed on the ground or in clothing/containers without turning it off first.

• Like 1

Old post:

YES.

I keep forgetting to mention this....

My Mosin and Compass always kept unbinding from hotbar ingame and after logging.

Other items did this as well but mostly it was those 2.

Are they in your hands when logging? I've found that if you log with a item in hand that was previously in the hotbar, the item will no longer be in the hotbar when logging back in.

made this just for fun today . Hope you enjoy 

Chicken Huntin

https://youtu.be/KN5wNyKLgic

Cow hunting 

Note the Bug or Failure of proper AoE damage spread 

https://youtu.be/uVn0qUjnU5Y

BTW , how do I edit the link so the video can play on the post ? 

Copy the URL from the address bar not the share section on youtube and just paste it directly in the reply window.

Old post:

Are they in your hands when logging? I've found that if you log with a item in hand that was previously in the hotbar, the item will no longer be in the hotbar when logging back in.

This seems to be a different bug from the one where you log out with item in hands and it unbinds from the hotbar though I guess they are related.

It kept happening ingame, which is what leads me to believe it's a different bug of sorts.

• Like 3

Didn't see any zeds in Electro today, but saw a lot (more than before?) in Cherno. Did they change this with last update?

Also got a weird crash message as I closed the server list. Can't remember it exactly but was something like "There was an issue with the disc. it may be dirty or scratched".

Just thought it a very weird message coming from a game that isn't being run on a disc.  :P

Still trying to confirm the existence of a few items 

So has anyone seen the hunting pistol , 308 or 357 ammo ?
Fish nets , mags for the 527 , or anything aside from seeds spawning in greenhouses ? 

I my play style typically has me preferring civilian loot. in 0.58 90%  of my gear came from outside of houses and military areas, I stuck to sheds and tree stands mostly ,. this patch I'm not finding a lot of what I use to. More car parts than anything else it seems . 

Edited by J0nathan

Wowawiwa. I spent a lot of time getting one of Cherno's hatchbacks assembled. I have a car without hood, trunk or doors. I drove it up along the coast and saw a lot of people. In Elektro I got shot at and the car flipped at full speed. However, it landed on its wheels and I could continue the journey. Kind of nice to be rewarded for once, because assembling a car on your own is a lot of work. I tried to get two other guys involved, but one didn't speak (just followed) and the other lagged out, shortly before the server restarted. I couldn't see them after restarting the game, so I continued on my own. I found all the parts and assembled them, so I consider this "my" car now. Also the spawnpoints changed slightly or I've just been lucky enough to see a car in places I never saw one before.  

Steering is a bit finnicky and the engine sounds are just...loud. I don't really want to take the car on my looting sprees, because of that. The hatchback is too top heavy. Maybe it needs softer suspension, in order to stop it from toppling over. It's still fun to drive, I like the shifting and using the rev-meter in first person. Also, if you don't go into the top gear the car doesn't spin out at speed.

I also waved at a guy with a rifle from 150m distance, hoping to recruit him to the car-building effort. Got shot at, even though I was using the greeting from far enough for him to watch me. I wish it was easier to talk to people, but some will just always shoot on sight, no matter what I do. At least that's better than those people pretending to be friendly, just so they can wait until you stop moving, so they can shoot you. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 6