boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I wanted to imply that it's not just up to me/BE to release the fix. I can't just press a button to make it happen. Also, please do not forget that this branch is called "experimental" for a reason (no excuses).

then you just say that instead of acting entitled. as you can tell i found my own fix and have the game working, no patch from you required.

then you just say that instead of acting entitled. as you can tell i found my own fix and have the game working, no patch from you required.

Excuse me, how/where did I act entitled? All I did was tell you that it's not so easy to update stuff on a weekend.

• Like 3

dude if you can't read your own words, I can't help you. sometimes saying nothing is better than saying a poor/sarcastic response.

i was just explaining the process of how normal companies operate and the standards they should hold their employees to.

if it's not in your power to release an update just choke it down and say it. Business 101.

a simple reply with " hey guys sorry about the issue iv filed it so my team can work on it monday " is 100000x better than saying " well it is the weekend you know "

Edited by twr

dude if you can't read your own words, I can't help you. sometimes saying nothing is better than saying a poor/sarcastic response.

i was just explaining the process of how normal companies operate and the standards they should hold their employees to.

if it's not in your power to release an update just choke it down and say it. Business 101.

a simple reply with " hey guys sorry about the issue iv filed it so my team can work on it monday " is 100000x better than saying " well it is the weekend you know "

My mistake then. Note that I'm just trying to be straightforward when posting here, no sarcasm intended.

It seems to me you missed my reply a few pages back though:

FYI, a fix for the launching issues has been found and will be released ASAP, hopefully this weekend.

Otherwise I don't see why you would attack me for acting entitled and not working on fixing things on a weekend when clearly the opposite is the case. ;)

Either way, good to see you found a fix on your own!

• Like 3

^^^^

This is how we know we are still on the DayZ forums...

Can't even get away from that bullshit on experimental threads.

• Like 2

Any chance we can get an ETA on implementing .59 into Stable? I'm really enjoying the zombies (though I wish they were greater in number, more spawns to push players to run/work together) - Also a personality attribute so that they go into ALERT mode instead of automatically chasing after you. This would allow players to break line of sight and hide for a short time while the ALERT fades. 

-A bug with chest holsters, I've seen. Can duplicate or break objects.

^^^^

This is how we know we are still on the DayZ forums...

Can't even get away from that bullshit on experimental threads.

On what forums could one get away from that particular brand of bullshit? I had just assumed it was part of the human experience, programmed into this VR environment we call "life" that our alien overlords plugged us into.

• Like 4

Tried out a V3S tonight after running another wheel across the map to GaryWalnuts and Dudester. After realizing that my transmission control keys got remapped, we made it a short distance across the map to a hiding spot. The truck REALLY struggled with hills. Early reports of this were not exaggerating. It's basically a snail, even in the lowest gear. I understand needing to preserve momentum and that it's a big vehicle, but it could definitely still use a good bit of tuning. All in time :) I did have some fun rowing through the gears once I got it figured out.

Another nice touch: the truck battery can be seen outside the truck now, bolted to the frame rails directly under the driver's door of the cab.

zh86l8G.jpg

KRDe4Pg.jpg

QnnHzi0.jpg

• Like 5

On what forums could one get away from that particular brand of bullshit? I had just assumed it was part of the human experience, programmed into this VR environment we call "life" that our alien overlords plugged us into.

I was alluding more to the particular style of bullshit.  The "fix it now", followed by personal insults and accusations of not knowing how to correctly run a business.  I read a lot of commentary on the internet, but this particular style is best done on these-here discussion boards.  Just as I can expect any news outlet to have comments filled with conservative trolls throwing around words like "libtard" and blaming Obama for floods on the other side of the world, even when the story was about the most benign subject; these DayZ forums are known for people being quite rude sometimes in demanding that things should have done got fixed yesterday already.

I just hadn't yet seen it in an experimental discussion thread.

While we'er on the subject of obtuse complaining, and experimental branch, I would like to know where all the damned vehicles are...  I know a couple have been found and published, but I want to find the other ones on the map currently; and will avoid Cherno like the plague.  I been from Polana, to Gorka, through Dubrovka, Gvozdno, and Grishino, through Stary and Rogovo and Pulkovo, past ZG Sosnovka, Msyhkino and Pushtoshka, through Lopatino, Vavliovo, Sinistock and Toploniki, through Zaprudnoe to Stary Yar, Krasnoe, Kamensk, Svergino, NEAF and Chernaya Polana, and Novomitrovsk.   I haven't seen a single damned vehicle.

I don't care if it would cause a huge KOS rush to the spawn points, I just wish the developers would publish the complete spawn list so everybody can spend their time testing new features, rather than exhaustively searching the map for possible spawns.  It's like such a sophomore move, BI, like cereally...

• Like 4

GaryWalnuts and myself were having some fun with the V3S taking apart the hood and the door and putting them in your hands does some glitchy looking thing to your hands it looks pretty funny its like what happened before when you hold a pumpkin in your hands also the V3S definitely needs some tweaking since like tatanko said they really suck at climbing hills no matter what gear your on plus the gear shifting in general needs some tweaking as well since it doesn't really seem to be working since no matter what gear it was on the V3S wouldn't really go that fast it was always going at a snails pace if we tried to drive this thing down the coast people would just run up to us and shoot us probably maybe the hatchback or sedan drives better hopefully?

CB9P0p0.jpg
C0n6fux.jpg
Eqpf27G.jpg

NpIrVTR.jpg

• Like 6

-snip-  I been from Polana, to Gorka, through Dubrovka, Gvozdno, and Grishino, through Stary and Rogovo and Pulkovo, past ZG Sosnovka, Msyhkino and Pushtoshka, through Lopatino, Vavliovo, Sinistock and Toploniki, through Zaprudnoe to Stary Yar, Krasnoe, Kamensk, Svergino, NEAF and Chernaya Polana, and Novomitrovsk.   I haven't seen a single damned vehicle.

-snip-

Read to this tune.

• Like 10

I got and fixed an off road hatchback in cherno and it didn't work why not fair so not fair. I also saw a phantom heli crash near green mountain i saw the heli and smoke but it dissapered when I got close I went further in green mountain and got a ump from some radndom dead body it was standing up. Also the ump has a new sound and you can get berkzhiki spawns now. There's a free off road hatchback in cherno with all 4 weels in the sng 02 server.

• Like 1

No, need for your presence here on these Forums in that case. 

• Like 10

Is there a quick way to switch between experimental and stable?

If, in the game properties, I deselect experimental will it need to download anything? And when I switch back to exp. will I need to download again?

My main concern is needing to download as I have a very limited internet quota.

What an entitled little shit, and to think he actually believes he has a clue about business and then spouts out such drivel! I am actually shocked at how some people behave here. Emuthreat touched on it already, but the amount and consistency of keyboard-arseholes through these forums is sometimes truly astonishing.

• Like 7

I've noticed the new ui is the only way to fully utilize all the available space in large tents. The old ui doesn't let you scroll to see it all.

Also, can anyone tell me where boars are spawning?

They spawn where they used to spawn, on all of the large open fields I've seen them by vmc, berezino and zelenogorsk so far. Edited by Soupy98

Just saw a thread concerning ammo in .59 and thought I'd put my opinions forward.

I hate the way ammo is distributed in .59. All of the ammo I've found has been either full stacks or boxes. I can find a Winchester but not have any ammo for an hour, and then I'll find 30 rounds in some random house. I go from having no ammo to having all the ammo I'll ever need, and that's not a gradient I like.

The amount of ammo spawning seems... okay. Maybe slightly too low, but we'll see. The problem is that it spawns in clusters. There might only be 100 assorted rounds in an entire town, but all of those 100 rounds will be in one or two houses. Sucks to be you if you happen to check every other house. I'd much prefer it if a very small amount of ammo spawned in a lot of houses, so those 100 rounds were dispersed across a whole town rather than a single house. That means that finding a couple of rounds for your weapon will be relatively easy, but getting enough to feel as though you can waste ammo will be very difficult unless you strip an entire town. So you'll have 5 rounds instead of either 0 or 30 which, to me, sounds a lot better.

This is a bug with the way ammo is spawning at the moment, boxes always give full stacks and they always spawn in full stacks no matter what. It should be fixed before this goes to stable.

Is there a quick way to switch between experimental and stable?

If, in the game properties, I deselect experimental will it need to download anything? And when I switch back to exp. will I need to download again?

My main concern is needing to download as I have a very limited internet quota.

I'm pretty sure that is the case.  I've tried just queuing the download in the past, for a quick back-and-forth, but it borked my files and I had to reinstall.  Sorry to hear that bandwidth caps are serious enough where  you live to worry about a few MB.

I'm pretty sure that is the case.  I've tried just queuing the download in the past, for a quick back-and-forth, but it borked my files and I had to reinstall.  Sorry to hear that bandwidth caps are serious enough where  you live to worry about a few MB.

Yep that place is called Australia. The land of expensive, slow, and highly limited internet. 

I think I've head someone say once that they keep a backup of the game folder for each version and switch it when they want to.

So with that idea, does it require a download to rollback to stable?

Yep that place is called Australia. The land of expensive, slow, and highly limited internet. 

I think I've head someone say once that they keep a backup of the game folder for each version and switch it when they want to.

So with that idea, does it require a download to rollback to stable?

yes

• Like 1

I finally found the hatchback in Cherno, missing 2 wheels, but including the glowplug and headlights as well as a battery. I decided to try and grab the glow plug for a better chance of others being unable to fix it before I could come back with tires. Uhm... yeah... I couldn't remove any of it... so I guess that means we now need some tools? I think I heard a wrench mentioned before. Now that I need one of course I will never find one :/

Other than that I'll see if I can get my guys together today and actually fix that thing up.

One more Question: Say the Cherno Spawn Car gets fixed and driven away, will another one spawn in its place at some point? I am still trying to figure out the spawning thing when it comes to cars.

Thanks guys and have a great day :D

Guys, I'd like to invite any and all of you who want to test together to use my teamspeak. I know we all live different lives and in different time zones, but please feel free to use it so we can all communicate with each other if you want to test something or just collaborate on your experiences with this version of experimental. My thoughts are based on my experience yesterday plus Boneboy's reply encouraging all of us to band together making playing experimental not only fun but productive.  

I figured with the Thanksgiving holiday this week here in the U.S. a lot of people will have more time to play so now is the time to get the word out and use my TS. 

ts.welcometothejungledayz.com  

NO PASSWORD.

Happy Testing everybody. 

• Like 14

I couldn't remove any of it... so I guess that means we now need some tools? I think I heard a wrench mentioned before. Now that I need one of course I will never find one :/

The wrench is required to remove attached items from a vehicle, at least the doors and the hood from the v3s

XTFadQo.png

In vicinity, you drag them from the truck into your hands, but it didn't give me the option to do that in the old ui

I'm pretty sure you need to switch to -newui to remove some attached items.

The v3s also started dancing when me and Dudester removed the tires, so ummm ... be prepared to jump out of the way  :P

• Like 7

This is a bug with the way ammo is spawning at the moment, boxes always give full stacks and they always spawn in full stacks no matter what. It should be fixed before this goes to stable.

Yeah I assumed it was either a bug or the devs testing something.

In either case I thought it appropriate to give my opinion on the matter. I've always thought it would be better to spawn maybe up to 5 rounds at a time (up to 10 for stuff like 9mm, .22, etc) but have those spawns be pretty common. Realistically, people won't be able to clean out entire towns - at least not on their own - when zombies are a threat. As such, spawning a fair bit of ammo diffused across an entire town will make finding some ammo easy, but finding a lot (even enough) quite hard. 

• Like 1