boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

The spawn in Karmanovka is a V3S spawn on the map. Or do you mean a different spawn?

No your right that spawn is a vs3 i was looking at the wrong spawn for karmanovka although there are still a lot of spawns on that map that don't have a car spawning in those spots some of the spots have cars but other spots don't have cars spawning so if someone was to cross out the locations that don't spawn cars then whatever spots that are left would be an accurate and reliable map that shows every static car spawn on the map although the devs will probably move them around again when they add the buses which will probably spawn along the coast or in some new location entirely.

Wow, very nasty inventory and tool bar sync issues with this build

• Like 1

anyone having issues launching.... well... its caused by antivast. 100%. couldnt get my dayz to launch because my pc thought it was running, it would start up battle eye but not launch the game.

deleted antivast and works like a charm. FYI.

So I just had my sedan vanish on me. It was parked, undrivable due to a ruined spark plug, in the woods about 200 meters near a heli spawn. After an hour of running around I get back to the spot find that an American chopper had appeared and my car disappeared.

Do you guys think that the spawning of the chopper had anything to do with the sedan's disappearance?

yes choppers will cause items left near them, to disappear. police cars will do the same. any dynamic event.

• Like 2

anyone having issues launching.... well... its caused by antivast. 100%. couldnt get my dayz to launch because my pc thought it was running, it would start up battle eye but not launch the game.

deleted antivast and works like a charm. FYI.

Do you mean Avast or AntiVir?

• Like 1

Been playing with the -newui, but there are some SERIOUS issues with it. For one, adding a pistol as an attachment to a plate carrier's gun holster glitched the pistol to obscurity, I ended up having to just throw it away because when I hot tabbed it, it brought out my primary weapon with the "raised fists" animation and When I dragged it to the 'hands' section, it just refused to do anything. Anybody know a way around this to where I can add a pistol to my gun holster? Also, I couldn't combine 14 9mm bullets from the ground with the 9 in my inventory. It would just swap  when I dragged one over the other and gave no other options.

I found a similar report on the Feedback Tracker, going to upvote it. just wondering if anybody has found a way around this bug. I thought about first taking the pistol into my backpack, putting it in my hands, then taking it out of my hands with the area in the backpack blocked off by other objects, forcing it to go to the only available slot, the gun holster. However by the time I tried to do this, duplicate icons of the pistol were made and it was glitched to obscurity.

I shot a boar today, but couldn't skin it. Even though it appears invisible, the combat knife worked on gutting chicken and fish before. I'm not sure if gutting larger animals in general is bugged, or if this was related to the combat knife. Or it might be some rare bug. Has anyone tried skinning wild boar yet? 

Did that stun baton always have an "electricity" effect on it when you use a battery in it? Never really picked them up before, but I noticed this looks pretty cool. 

Edited by S3V3N

Also...

&

FYI, a fix for the launching issues has been found and will be released ASAP, hopefully this weekend.

Just to confirm as I have with a few others..

Not running on some systems with avast and win 7.

Yes we update battleeye, reinstall dayz, nvidia drivers up to date, etc.

Hi all,

For me, unistalling AVAST was also good. Don't sure if deactivate it yesterday with teamviewer was enough. But now, DayZ launch...

For others : Win 7 & Avast

Have a nice day

No your right that spawn is a vs3 i was looking at the wrong spawn for karmanovka although there are still a lot of spawns on that map that don't have a car spawning in those spots some of the spots have cars but other spots don't have cars spawning so if someone was to cross out the locations that don't spawn cars then whatever spots that are left would be an accurate and reliable map that shows every static car spawn on the map although the devs will probably move them around again when they add the buses which will probably spawn along the coast or in some new location entirely.

The bus spawn locations are already in the game files and are spread over the whole map. But as you said we have to wait and see if things get changed again.

Yup. that's it, I'm gonna have to stop using the new ui. thought reloading the Blaze would be simple enough with the hotbar, but there is no reload animation when reloading the blaze with the new ui, and amount of ammo doesn't change after reloading. Literally just have to shoot to see if reloading worked or not, and then you waste 1/2 bullets in the gun lol/ That and not being able to see my health status are driving me crazy >:( Enjoyed the fps boost, but it's just too cumbersome atm.

• Like 1

I've noticed the new ui is the only way to fully utilize all the available space in large tents. The old ui doesn't let you scroll to see it all.

Also, can anyone tell me where boars are spawning? 

• Like 2

Yup. that's it, I'm gonna have to stop using the new ui. thought reloading the Blaze would be simple enough with the hotbar, but there is no reload animation when reloading the blaze with the new ui, and amount of ammo doesn't change after reloading. Literally just have to shoot to see if reloading worked or not, and then you waste 1/2 bullets in the gun lol/ That and not being able to see my health status are driving me crazy > :( Enjoyed the fps boost, but it's just too cumbersome atm.

WIP progress and not recommended at this time, also can not see cupboard storage amongst other lacking elements but the future is promising I believe concerning the newui !.

• Like 4

I was told to discuss anything exp related here, so I will do that and apologies for inconvenience.

Anyone know where to find ammo for winchester, sporter, carbine etc? I've looked in houses, supermarkets, barns, sheds and I haven't found a thing.

I've also looked for hunting scopes in deer stands and can't find them ANYWHERE.

Can someone please advise me where to look for them?

• Like 1

I've noticed the new ui is the only way to fully utilize all the available space in large tents. The old ui doesn't let you scroll to see it all.

That's hard to answer. I've come across the last one in the fields between Balota and Komarovo. However, I did see boars and even a domestic pig in the forest, before. Usually on the high spots, not in the valleys. But since they move around when startled, they might have run there from the fields. I think boars might spawn in woods though; it does make sense. Last update there was often a herd of cows south of green mountain. They were going across the footpath to the holiday camp, then went straight for a while and returned. I wonder if these cows still spawn there as often. The most I've seen of are definitely chicken. When you step on them they do a high jump and start their escape run.

I've set up a snare yesterday, but must have moved out of its radius, since it was gone when I returned. My diet is 50% scavenging, 50% hunting now, because I try to avoid engagements. I want to run to every single car spawn, before this character dies. Even though by now, they have probably all moved, I wanna see where the cars can spawn. I wish there was a way to track and find animals. Would make hunting so much cooler and less random.   

• Like 1

I was told to discuss anything exp related here, so I will do that and apologies for inconvenience.

Anyone know where to find ammo for winchester, sporter, carbine etc? I've looked in houses, supermarkets, barns, sheds and I haven't found a thing.

I've also looked for hunting scopes in deer stands and can't find them ANYWHERE.

Well, if you want 7.62x39 ammo I would suggest looking in military tents like in Stary Sobor, doesn't seem to be any shortage of them there. Also found a couple of boxes of it in deerstands which is new. .308 does seem much harder to come across these days, but it always comes in full stacks of 40, so once you find some you'll be good. I'd recommend the red or green houses with stairs going up the sides. Those seem to be the most reliable for good civilian weapons and loot IMO.

• Like 3

Yooo I'm Mitch. I'm looking for some guys to show me whats new on xperimental and set up a camp with

Comment your steam name if interested

• Like 1

Ammo for sporter is just common, you can find it in houses, etc. Ammo for winchester is rare, but it spawns in cars and houses. Hunting scopes spawn in deer stands and deer shacks in the forests. If you can't find any, well maybe someone else took em, but they surely spawn there.

In fields around the map.

sorry avast!

Well, if you want 7.62x39 ammo I would suggest looking in military tents like in Stary Sobor, doesn't seem to be any shortage of them there. Also found a couple of boxes of it in deerstands which is new. .308 does seem much harder to come across these days, but it always comes in full stacks of 40, so once you find some you'll be good. I'd recommend the red or green houses with stairs going up the sides. Those seem to be the most reliable for good civilian weapons and loot IMO.

By 'red or green houses', do you mean:

http://prntscr.com/95m89y

Yooo I'm Mitch. I'm looking for some guys to show me whats new on xperimental and set up a camp with

Comment your steam name if interested

Get involved here and maybe someone will pick you up on that, there is a small group of our regular Experimental members that sometimes get together.

• Like 8

yes choppers will cause items left near them, to disappear. police cars will do the same. any dynamic event.

Do you guys know how close, to a dynamic event, is too close to have your vehicle parked?