boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I got some fps drops when i join a server but after 30 seconds its good.

For me there is almost no desync in this patch and i play on us server with 150 ping.

I hope they add respawn button just for the experimental, I spawned at the island with the ruined castle on it off the coast and tried to kill myself by jumping from the castle building, broke my legs instead and had to crawl through the bottom of the ocean till I got to the main coast and then half and hour to the closest suicide spot 

Edited by Sperglord
  • Like 3

I hope they add respawn button just for the experimental, I spawned at the island with the ruined castle on it off the coast and tried to kill myself by jumping from the castle building, broke my legs instead and had to crawl through the bottom of the ocean till I got to the main coast and then half and hour to the closest suicide spot

I feel yea bro I was on the sng 02 server and broke my legs took me 30 min to get to the ocean and drown. Edited by DaNic2553

I feel yea bro I was on the sng 02 server and broke my legs took me 30 min to get to the ocean and drown.

How do you even drown? I tried drowning and left my character on the bottom of the ocean for half an hour and nothing happened

great - fixed the car in Cherno west, two tires missing. I return with one - car is gone. I fix the other car near, one tire is still missing. I return with it and someone took off one of the tires. So now I have to look for yet another tire. I go to Elekro, run normally over a spot I've ran over a thousand times (in the indstrial building, small blue ramps) - and bang: you are dead! Nobody shot me and the other guy in the area was in front of me, as I had been watching him. I just died from nothing and for nothing and after almost having fixed two hatchbacks. The car didn't jump around like crazy when I removed the wheels, so that seems fixed. But I'm out of spunk to run around for another two hours, just to have the car stolen anyway ;)

It was peaceful in the beginning, now I hear shots everywhere.

Edited by S3V3N

The handgun rifle bug also happened to me. As well as the the extreme duplication of revolvers in my inventory almost every time I try to add it to a quick slot.

Also, I too find it annoying that I can pick up a revolver (or any kind of gun for that matter) and go hours and hours without finding any ammo of the same caliber. Yet i'll find dozens of rounds of everything else. There has to be a better way to disperse ammo.

I think ammo types should be tied to buildings, at least to some extent.  So for instance you're more likely to find say .357 and winchestor ammo or something in a log cabin, than a pink roof house.  But maybe you're more likely to find 9mm and .45 in the pink roof etc.  It obviously wouldn't be 100%, but the loot needs to be where you can consistently find things in specific places so you can set goals for yourself.  It's really boring, and less immersive imo, if everything is so random.

There should still be a chance to find odd things in odd places too, just that the % spawn for particular things should be higher.

Avast for the first time (for me) reported BE.64 as a threat, upon downloading latest (9.5MB) update.  

Add it to your antivirus' whitelist as it's a false positive.

You missed out on a nice helmet made of metal, a sword, and anything else that might've spawned on the island.

• Like 3

Did anyone else spawn in not wearing anything?

Edit: Never mind, for some odd reason my clothing wasn't showing up.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

Squeaker was talking shit to me around Pusta, chasing me with an axe. Lots of foul language, which is fine. Funny thing was i think his mom overhead the garbage coming out of his mouth. Next thing I hear is "mom stop it, STOP IT!!" Suddenly he stops chasing me and in mid sentence starts the logout animation. So I killed him to add to the humiliation. 

Finding lots of gas cans now. 

• Like 18

Fixed the hatchback, drove 10 meters, got shot. 4 hours of DayZ full of fun and adventure ;) Game is running well for me, still buggy with some items, i.e. the battery and the radio for me (the battery gets stuck in pants when loaded into radio). As a car enthusiast the engine sounds cause pain in my heart and earballs.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

How do you even drown? I tried drowning and left my character on the bottom of the ocean for half an hour and nothing happened

You can't drown yet for some reason in the ocean, you can do it in lakes or rivers inland that doesnt touch the ocean.

The dead players are still left standing.

• Like 2

So while looting a small town , I meet up with a fellow PvE focused survivor . We started clearing the town of zombies with our bows when someone driving a nice new sedan came into town. Me not fully trusting new guy or new cars sudden arrival took cover in a house. 
New guy goes up to car guy to say hello. Car guy and two friends shoots him on sight , then starts talking trash in classic squeaky voices. 

I decide this cant go unpunished 
I peek out the door and toss one of my walkies over the fence near them then duck back inside.(dunno if this will work) 

I start screaming at them in direct to drop their weapons and get on the ground . ( me so bad ass , going to take on 3 armed squeakers with a bow or unloaded weapon!)
They of course dont comply , and start looking around and firing off shots  into houses. 
I laugh and tell them I'm up in the tree line talking through my friends walkie on his body.  They believe this and start firing into the trees. After a few seconds of this , and no return fire , I suspect they get nervous , and get back into the car , which was my plan B if they didnt comply with the arrest i wanted to do originally.. 

Long story short, a couple of well placed grenades will take care of a sedan full of squeakers . :) 

Side note. it will also take out a herd of cattle ! 

Side side note.. Grenades are spawning WAY too much now . I still have 5 more , and already played with 7 or 8 tonight . 

• Like 14

idk it did that some updates I always thought it as a fix then bugged kind of thing. I just go in the ocean as a freshspawn deep enough were my body isn't sticking out and I'm not swimming. You still could have killed your self at the island just go to the deer stand and keep climbing the ladder and falling off that what I do sometimes.

great - fixed the car in Cherno west, two tires missing. I return with one - car is gone. I fix the other car near, one tire is still missing. I return with it and someone took off one of the tires. So now I have to look for yet another tire. I go to Elekro, run normally over a spot I've ran over a thousand times (in the indstrial building, small blue ramps) - and bang: you are dead! Nobody shot me and the other guy in the area was in front of me, as I had been watching him. I just died from nothing and for nothing and after almost having fixed two hatchbacks. The car didn't jump around like crazy when I removed the wheels, so that seems fixed. But I'm out of spunk to run around for another two hours, just to have the car stolen anyway ;)

It was peaceful in the beginning, now I hear shots everywhere.

how'd you or it onriganly fix the hatchback I had everything on one all 4 tires,headlight, spark plug(does it even spawn outside cars?), and car battery it was just missing the hood, doors, and backdoor. There's a pretty good one in shape in aus 02 cherno has two wheels might be three.

I finaly played dayz I remember from few months ago. I spawned in Novo, found enough food and drinks, clothes, 4 weapons without ammo. I finally killed zombies, more than dozen. They went trough closed doors. Dual core fix worked, I didnt have frezings and FPS is better. Only down thing is UI, icons and slots are too small. Cursor is not accurate. 

Also, found new gas mask and combined with ushanka it looks great. 

I spawned without anything on my character - at least it was not visible in the inventory. Since I could not pick up clothes I reloged and noticed that apparently I spawned with the default gear but it was initially invisible.

Picking up items happened without delay and player desync does not seem too bad.

There still seems to be a problem with items that are also a container like the radio. I put a battery in it and the fake clone game began again. In the end I had a radio that had no visible battery in it but still gave me the option to switch it on.

Did somebody try the ingame map with -newui enabled? I could not get it to work: Dragged it to the quick action bar and pressed the according number but it did not show up.

Also, found new gas mask and combined with ushanka it looks great. 

You mean like this? ;) Fear the pumpkin warrior! I'm having so much fun already. This patch is good, I can tell. 

2015-11-24_00004_zpsyf3xmxir.jpg

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 6

Are AUS servers down or am i having some kind of issue and if so can somone link the ip please for aus 1 and 2

cheers!

Edited by Renigade

Having mixed feelings about this new reload system and how it works on the bow. 

On one hand , its really freaking annoying , having to slot arrows on the hot bar , and manually reload between shots. 

Also very annoying since arrows only stack 5 high ( nice time to add a 30 slot quiver ) 

On the other hand , its a lot more realistic than the old 5 slot loaded arrow mag thing it had before . 
BUT this also means you cant really rapid fire anymore :( And also means you might occasionally hit the wrong button and drop your bow for another item on the bar.. 

Are AUS servers down or am i having some kind of issue and if so can somone link the ip please for aus 1 and 2

cheers!

Ya they have been down for some time now.. I am logged into an sng server at about 190.. runs ok

Thank jeebus they fixed the duo core issue !

Dunno what all they changed but the lights are brighter , the world is a prettier place. AND I'm getting 2x the FPS I get on Stable ! WOOT 

That being said , I've been on a couple hours now , and seen no zombies, or players on full server lol . But I have found 5 boxes of ammo , and a dozen Magnums :(  NOT cool. 

YES, cool.

Slight bug with batteries and radios , fix was to drop them and combine on the ground .

Same old bug with cooking pot , unable to drop from hand . No biggy just relog.  I had a cooking pot go funny on me two days ago.  I emptied out all the cans (which, BTW, had appeared to be depleted to 8%) and used "G" to toss it on the ground and pick it up.  Three "G-cycles" fixed it for me.

No lag or desync issues here yet . 

Back to the grind !

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1