boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Who decides what and how many experimental servers each region gets? 

In Australia we now have 2 servers but they are both 3pp.

I just really wish we had a 1pp server and was wondering how the type and amount of servers we get is decided?

I feel u mate.. I much prefer to play 1pp.  

Hopefully when exp goes to stable we'll get one..

• Like 3

Got one sedan working, and drove around some with Girth Brooks; we stripped another one to pimp it out.

HPQy9W8.jpg

Could not get the hood to go back on.

8ePzKQ6.jpgA nice touch that you can look at plug and battery to get options to remove them.  Guess I'll have to start tolerating the clunkiness of -newui soon

Overall, not a bad little car.  The instrument panel glass was not rendering clear, and it pulled slightly to the left--significantly more in 4th gear.  There were also many times where it would spin and roll backwards, unable to shift between forward and reverse until all momentum was lost.  Even the slightest bit of backward movement will make it impossible to get power back forward; I got into the habit of reversing in an arc along the side of a hill until I backed uphill to a stop, and rolled forward again to continue.  It has great difficulty getting started against any incline.  It also has a tendency to slide down hills while parked, resulting in extreme difficulty of recovery.  Currently stuck leaning against a couple trees.

• Like 7

Damn. What I wonder now is if regular tents spawn there, but still spawn - in smaller quantities - in the apartments, surely the car tents must spawn there (apartments), too sometimes? If anyone found a car tent in an apartment, it would be nice to know. I'll keep looking, too. 

I found a regular tent in apartments near Severograd yesterday. I had no idea the spawns changed in the first place, lol

Just come from Pavlovo Military Base on DayZ UK 0-10 (Experimental/Unstable.) There were at least 2 other people there, I was shot at a few times, not sure if they were together or not but I ended up trapped in a barracks shower with a guy shooting from outside in the darkness. Got hit was bleeding then either the same guy or another breeches. I fire twice then go unconscious presumed dead but I wake up after a few minutes to find the guy who breeched on the floor. Checked his gear and got out of there. Not even sure he was actually dead come to think about it.

Had to just get out of the area, log off and have a smoke. The adrenaline!

Edited by freethink
  • Like 7

Got one sedan working, and drove around some with Girth Brooks; we stripped another one to pimp it out.

Could not get the hood to go back on.

A nice touch that you can look at plug and battery to get options to remove them.  Guess I'll have to start tolerating the clunkiness of -newui soon

Overall, not a bad little car.  The instrument panel glass was not rendering clear, and it pulled slightly to the left--significantly more in 4th gear.  There were also many times where it would spin and roll backwards, unable to shift between forward and reverse until all momentum was lost.  Even the slightest bit of backward movement will make it impossible to get power back forward; I got into the habit of reversing in an arc along the side of a hill until I backed uphill to a stop, and rolled forward again to continue.  It has great difficulty getting started against any incline.  It also has a tendency to slide down hills while parked, resulting in extreme difficulty of recovery.  Currently stuck leaning against a couple trees.

I think the sliding starts when you are out of sight. I left my first Hatchback on an incline and it wasn't moving. When I had returned it had slid down the entire hill through a thousand trees, too. Maybe cars can have a handbrake in the future? Though, it would be a bit annoying to have your car roll off, because you forgot to use the handbrake.

If the panel inside cars disappear you can fix it by going to third person view and back.

If you don't drive in the highest gear you don't spin out.

It sounds to me, like the hatchback drives slightly better. I don't notice it pulling left, though I think some people did. It's also super top heavy and would fail an elk-test. I haven't had a VAZ/GAZ (Limo) yet, so I can't compare. Maybe we should have a race on a server some time. That would be fun. We can see who is fastest and random players will shoot at us like Sand-People at a young Padawan. I just fear the desync will be terrible when you bring more than one car to a place. I really wonder, how that can ever be fixed.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Though, it would be a bit annoying to have your car roll off, because you forgot to use the handbrake.

Indeed, all the more reason it should be implemented. :D

• Like 3

has there been an update since yesterday That I'm not aware of ? 
Havent been able to play since I logged out yesterday around 5pm EST , 

When I join a server, barely get 1-5 fps on all except 1pp servers.. they seem to work a bit better. 

Oh , and do ammo boxes still count as storage units ? like tents and barrels?
I got a bunch of ammo I cant use at the moment eating up space I"m looking to trade with one of you guys for some 22 ammo or a Red 9 
Also have a cr527 with mag I dont want and a pristine acoc . Will toss in a nice steak dinner for the right trade. :) 

• Like 1

has there been an update since yesterday That I'm not aware of ? 

Havent been able to play since I logged out yesterday around 5pm EST , 

When I join a server, barely get 1-5 fps on all except 1pp servers.. they seem to work a bit better. 

I was playing right up until the reset this morning and it was working great, I was on UK-01 which had 10-20 people on it for most of the night...

Edited by Konfucious K

I think the sliding starts when you are out of sight.  Definitely.  I made sure the car was stopped fully before exiting.  Even noticed that it took quite a while before the very slow sliding stopped completey  I had broken my legs earlier in the day when trying to get out of the sedan when my buddy speeder was driving; I think some desync was involved.  

If the panel inside cars disappear you can fix it by going to third person view and back.  On a 1pp server?

If you don't drive in the highest gear you don't spin out.  True.

It sounds to me, like the hatchback drives slightly better. I don't notice it pulling left, though I think some people did. It's also super top heavy and would fail an elk-test. I haven't had a VAZ/GAZ (Limo) yet, so I can't compare. Maybe we should have a race on a server some time. That would be fun. We can see who is fastest and random players will shoot at us like Sand-People at a young Padawan. I just fear the desync will be terrible when you bring more than one car to a place. I really wonder, how that can ever be fixed.  

I would be down for a race.  Now that I know the ropes, and my car is presumably stuck in some trees, I might saunter over onto the DE servers.  First person, of course, they seem to have a solid 40% less asshattery.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

So this is the first time I've actually played on experimental or paid much attention to it.

I was wondering, on average how long does experimental last before they push to stable?

I know it'd be very different each time but I have no prior knowledge to estimate it with.

Though if I had to guess, from the rate of updates, I'd imagine it'd be about a month or two, right??

Then my next question would be, how long from a stable push is it usually before there is a new experimental build out again?

It's definitely not an exact science, but there is a loose schedule for these things. Very loose. The pace of that schedule has changed over the last six months in a big way however, with more time before something is pushed to Experimental and in turn more time before something goes to Stable.

It could change again in the future as we move into Beta and the focus becomes bug fixing. We'll probably see new builds on Experimental more frequently, but the content will be slower to appear as they concentrate on making the game perform better and with fewer issues.

Now that I've said all that and not answered your question, I'll give it a crack: a new version (i.e. 0.59) is typically on Experimental for about 6 weeks before going to Stable. That's about average. The other part is harder to answer... sometimes we get a new Experimental right away (this happened more early on) and sometimes it's a few weeks. It all depends on what new things are ready (and how buggy they are) at the time that a Stable update is pushed out.

Who decides what and how many experimental servers each region gets? 

In Australia we now have 2 servers but they are both 3pp.

I just really wish we had a 1pp server and was wondering how the type and amount of servers we get is decided?

Probably Eugen. These are likely allocated based on where they are seeing players connecting from. When it comes to 1PP, there are always fewer options (for now). There can really only be a few Experimental servers though, so for the most part we have to just work with what we get.

Guess I'll have to start tolerating the clunkiness of -newui soon

Same here. I've been resisting since 0.55 but it may finally be time to give in.

Too bad they are all same colour. Hope they change that soon.

It would be nice to have the option of collecting, say, six or eight cans of spraypaint and doing the whole thing (never mind whether or not that would be enough in real life). For that matter, we need more color options for spraypaint ;)

Oh , and do ammo boxes still count as storage units ? like tents and barrels?

Yes, they should, along with the yellow protector cases and waterproof bags (the new little ones).

• Like 4

Same here. I've been resisting since 0.55 but it may finally be time to give in.

It would be nice to have the option of collecting, say, six or eight cans of spraypaint and doing the whole thing (never mind whether or not that would be enough in real life). For that matter, we need more color options for spraypaint ;)

I am not giving in yet. I will eventually but I have to convince myself again and again that change is good first ;P

I would love to have that painting option not only for cars but also for barrels, the red-white ones are really hard to hide unless you wanna lug it around for miles!

• Like 3

I used the newui today, it's workable when you get used to it. The biggest issue is not having the status boxes in your inventory. But you still get the text statuses e.g. i feel stuffed, so it's not the biggest deal in the world. Another issue is loading ammo/knowing if ammo is loaded. Best way around this is to put your ammo in the hotbar and reload that way. Also when you get the "cannot load texture message' (usually when there are people nearby) on screen your character will stop in his/her tracks and you have to click a continue button on a pop-up dialog. That can be quite stressful when shots have been fired.

Edited by freethink

I used the newui today, it's workable when you get used to it. The biggest issue is not having the status boxes in your inventory. But you still get the text statuses e.g. i feel stuffed, so it's not the biggest deal in the world. Another issue is loading ammo/knowing if ammo is loaded. Best way around this is to put your ammo in the hotbar and reload that way. Also when you get the "cannot load texture message' (usually when there are people nearby) on screen your character will stop in his/her tracks and you have to click a continue button on a pop-up dialog. That can be quite stressful when shots have been fired.

One problem I have with the new UI is how tiny the icons are. I don't understand why they made the server browser window too narrow to display all server properties, or why they chose to make the icons in the inventory half the size of the old ones. Otherwise it is just a different form of organisation. A bit more comprehensive than the old one, but somewhat confusing if you were used to oldui.

Someone mentioned the cars rolling backwards in neutral. It would be awesome if tapping "w", while in neutral would put a foot on the brake pedal. Otherwise I don't see how we ever get by rolling backwards on hills when shifting gears. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Someone mentioned the cars rolling backwards in neutral. It would be awesome if tapping "w", while in neutral would put a foot on the brake pedal. Otherwise I don't see how we ever get by rolling backwards on hills when shifting gears. 

You already can do that.

One problem I have with the new UI is how tiny the icons are. I don't understand why they made the server browser window too narrow to display all server properties, or why they chose to make the icons in the inventory half the size of the old ones. Otherwise it is just a different form of organisation. A bit more comprehensive than the old one, but somewhat confusing if you were used to oldui.

You already can do that.

I was going to say... when I was messing around in the V3S, hitting the "S" key was the same as using the brake pedal (which would normally be "back" and was "reverse" prior to the manual transmission). Even on a steep hill it would hold me in place.

Part of this whole manual transmission thing is the mentality. If you're used to it in real life, all it takes is adapting to the keyboard controls. If you don't regularly drive stick, the physics behind it may be more difficult to ease into. I think they did a pretty good job of it personally. Coming to a stop on a hill and getting moving again (uphill) requires a slight dance of your fingers much like your feet would be doing with the pedals in a real car (where there are three pedals that all need to do something and only two feet to do it).

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 5

-snip-

That's right. I knew it was either W or S.

I personally think the manual transmission in the V3S is absolutely awful. Have you tried it yet? I tried starting in first and shifting at a "natural" RPM. Truck slowed almost to a crawl. I tried starting in first and winding out first gear, then shifting to 2nd. Truck slowed down and was unable to maintain acceleration. I tried starting in 2nd, like one would if first was a granny gear for hauling a load, and the truck would barely move. At best, I might have gotten to 20kmph. I haven't tried the offroad or the sedan yet, but the V3S needs work, imo, unless I'm missing something major here.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

I guess at this point its safe to assume that the stable servers will get a character wipe when .59 hits ? 

Been stockpiling ammo for the return of zombies for a while now .

also sad to lose some of these "hacked items" I won off some nooby hackers I killed , that I store at camp as trophies :( ( Unlimited drinkable soda can?) 

I was going to say... when I was messing around in the V3S, hitting the "S" key was the same as using the brake pedal (which would normally be "back" and was "reverse" prior to the manual transmission). Even on a steep hill it would hold me in place.

Part of this whole manual transmission thing is the mentality. If you're used to it in real life, all it takes is adapting to the keyboard controls. If you don't regularly drive stick, the physics behind it may be more difficult to ease into. I think they did a pretty good job of it personally. Coming to a stop on a hill and getting moving again (uphill) requires a slight dance of your fingers much like your feet would be doing with the pedals in a real car (where there are three pedals that all need to do something and only two feet to do it).

I guess at this point its safe to assume that the stable servers will get a character wipe when .59 hits ? 

also sad to lose some of these "hacked items" I won off some nooby hackers I killed , that I store at camp as trophies :( ( Unlimited drinkable soda can?) 

I personally think the manual transmission in the V3S is absolutely awful. Have you tried it yet? I tried starting in first and shifting at a "natural" RPM. Truck slowed almost to a crawl. I tried starting in first and winding out first gear, then shifting to 2nd. Truck slowed down and was unable to maintain acceleration. I tried starting in 2nd, like one would if first was a granny gear for hauling a load, and the truck would barely move. At best, I might have gotten to 20kmph. I haven't tried the offroad or the sedan yet, but the V3S needs work, imo, unless I'm missing something major here.

The Hatchback drives alright, I must say. The steering is a bit overresponsive. Thanks for letting me know about "s"! I haven't repaired a truck yet, but I'm observing a truck spawn and it's hilarious. Every day something different is repaired on the truck. Either there is a wheel on it or a battery inside or just stuff in its inventory. I've seen that happen with the cars, too. In Cherno the cars are so close to each other that people take wheels off one car and move it onto the next. I found it best to store one wheel in a barrel nearby, so I can repair the last two wheels in a matter of minutes. It takes either luck or preparation to fix up a car properly. 

The gears are pretty terrible. 2nd and 3rd don't seem to do anything for me. I usually switch right up to 4th after accelerating and stay in it for most of the time. In 5th gear I sometimes spin out, so I avoid going top speed. It sounds like the V3S wasn't really prepared for the update, as the other two vehicles seem to at least drive decently. I hope we will get a tow truck option for the carriage later, so we can pull our broken cars out of a ditch. The V3S will only really make sense to me when it gets some more carriage options. I'd really like to have one that is a recreational vehicle, too. Pretty sure the time for trucks is yet to come.

Do the cars still have unlimited fuel? I haven't run out yet, but I do carry a jerry can in the inventory, which is blocking most of the car inventory. If there is no need for it, I'd rather remove it. 

I noticed that when you are double-carrying and put your rifle away you will then take your spare rifle, i.e. switch them out. However, when I do it a second time, my rifle gets dropped. Would be awesome, if the switching could be made to work properly.  

I also crash after painting my CR527, while dragging it onto the hotbar. I think that was on oldUI. Happened both times I painted it, so I guess this could be reproduced. Will try again with the newUI.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Always assume a wipe is coming.

Always.

Never get attached to your gear, never.

You should go take a long hot shower using GoJo on your entire body after touching hacked items.

Be aware: picking up hacked items can result in a ban.

^Edit to clarify, or had possibly resulted in BE bans back in the original versions of the mod and you may run the risk of a false positive auto-ban through BE similarly.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 5

Yea i've killed a few hackers in .58 

The trophies i've collected so far are 
a soda that never runs out, can drink from it forever. 

and a SVD with glitched mag, that give infinite ammo 

was also a infinite ammo m4 , but i dismantled it and tossed it over a Km while running through the woods.

I've left them stashed in one of my camps since I found them. Too much power for me to feel right carrying around .

I've found 4 more people with SVDs like this one . But didnt save those , just dismantled and tossed into the woods . Hope they fix that cheat soon.

It's hard to know exactly what's causing it (or whether it's an unintended side effect of an intentional change), but the problem seems to be a lack of power. I would say the transmission part is functioning properly, but there's a lot left to do with tuning the truck's power. Imagine all of those issues, now imagine the truck with 3 or 4 times as much power -- wouldn't be as much of a problem, would it? :p

• Like 2

Be aware: picking up hacked items can result in a ban.

Was not aware. Suppose its good I've only had them long enough to stash them , and left them sitting since 

Ugh work has been killer trying to get things done before Thanksgiving. I can't wait to jump in and find a vehicle to at least play with today/tonight. All my vehicles in real life are manual and that's the only way I like them so having a manual transmission in the game is a breathe of fresh air even if its kinda wonky right now. 

Has anybody tried power shifting? I.E. if you're in 1st gear, you stay in the throttle as you  shift to 2nd gear when you're at the top of 1st? In real life that is killer on the clutch and gear box but minimizes deceleration and since its a game I assume their not accounting for mechanical wear and tear....at least not yet anyway. As I've been reading I mention this due to the lack of speed especially from the VS3. Reminds me of when the VS3 was first introduced and if you stopped on a hill you were S.O.L. (shit out of luck) trying to get it to move faster than a person could jog/run. 

I plan on jumping on  late this afternoon/evening so if any of you are willing to jump on the TS, I'd love to hook up with some of you to play. Have not even spawned in since the wipe so I am not sure where I'll be. 

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 1