boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Still trying to confirm the existence of a few items 

So has anyone seen the hunting pistol , 308 or 357 ammo ?

Fish nets , mags for the 527 , or anything aside from seeds spawning in greenhouses ? 

I my play style typically has me preferring civilian loot. in 0.58 90%  of my gear came from outside of houses and military areas, I stuck to sheds and tree stands mostly ,. this patch I'm not finding a lot of what I use to. More car parts than anything else it seems . 

Yes, Longhorn spawned on hunting stands for me. Rare though, much rarer than before. Didn't find any 308 ammo yet, but I was mostly hunting car parts. I found a box of 380 earlier. Havent found anything for the CR527 (except the rifle itself - multiple times). I didn't go to any military areas since the update. I do find mags for the 1911, but never find the 0.45 cal boxed or stacked in civilian houses. I do find 9mm and the occasional MP5 magazine at the police cars and stations. Never seen an amphibia mag yet, but someone shot at me with one yesterday, so they must be around. Fishnets I haven't seen, even though I spent quite a lot of time at the coast. No idea if they spawn at all.  

Anyone know if car wheels fit in a hunting backpack, or is there one row missing? Found a hunting backpack in a feeding shack yesterday, but my green mountain one is bigger. If wheels fit, I might switch to hunting.

I think we should be able to throw people in the car trunk when we cuff them ;) I can see some applications there. Also, is fuel still unlimited? I took a jerry can and refilled it, just in case. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Fish nets , mags for the 527 , or anything aside from seeds spawning in greenhouses ? 

I my play style typically has me preferring civilian loot. in 0.58 90%  of my gear came from outside of houses and military areas, I stuck to sheds and tree stands mostly ,. this patch I'm not finding a lot of what I use to. More car parts than anything else it seems . 

I've had about the same luck as S3V3N, I've seen two longhorns and a few boxes of .357 ammo, but I haven't seen any .308.

I wasn't near any boats so can't comment on fishing nets but I did see the CR-527 carbine and also a CR-527 5 round mag, of course I wasn't carrying the gun when I saw the mag  :lol:

Everything I found in civilian areas, haven't been near a mil zone or heli crash this whole patch

• Like 1

.308 is spawning but very rare, so are amphibia mags, also very rare. I think they tweaked mil spawns, tents and barracks are no longer spawning infinite amounts of items.

Ran around a 1pp server with Emuthreat last night, fairly uneventful as those servers are usually low pop.

Tires will not fit inside any backpacks as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

The very first item I found y-day was a box of .308 ammo :)  Also found a stack of .357 and a mag for the cr527 later. No blaze,  winchester or cr though.

Overall things worked quite fine. I did have an instance where I lost both a loaded trumpet and a repeater in the same house outside Elektro. Also I found a Lada with items in it that couldnt be taken out., pristine spark plug and battery.

I fell down and cant getup!!!

http://imgur.com/tdk2dPz

Did you press "g" very quickly to throw an item? I had this weird thing today, where I threw a tire and then lay on the ground and couldn't get up again. I drank a Pipsi, so he would get up again and afterwards it worked normally again. I think you need to eat or drink if that happens, because the other keys don't seem to work to get up again. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

After the very long trek north to Karmanovka, we got a V3S running and had the same results as last time: frustrating. The poor thing just can't even move its own weight except downhill  :( Not sure if it's a bug or something else that didn't pan out as intended. Either way, I hope they address it because the V3S has been rendered a waste of time for the moment. If there isn't one already, I'll be filing a nice feedback ticket in the morning when I'm not so tired. Ours was missing a door as well as the hood, and we did not have enough tires to fill every slot so we left the middle two empty to try and maintain balance.

Is it possible that without all your tires the thing wont have traction? Is it possible one of your engine parts was damaged?

I'm trying to imagine how the V3S could be working and then with the addition of more cars suddenly break. I reckon that some sort of part or damage feature was implemented which is triggering the V3S to have lower performance.

• Like 2

Did you press "g" very quickly to throw an item? I had this weird thing today, where I threw a tire and then lay on the ground and couldn't get up again. I drank a Pipsi, so he would get up again and afterwards it worked normally again. I think you need to eat or drink if that happens, because the other keys don't seem to work to get up again. 

This was only in inventory screen. I was dragging items around.

Got KOSed by first player I met after 2 hours of playing. Standing still and holding hands in air obviesly means: F@ck you or Shoot me

EDIT: is chest holster working for anyone?

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 3

Spent most of a session getting geared with ColdAtrophy.

Before meeting up I ran into one "Vlad Jiggers" at what I believe was Pobeda dam.

Thank you for not being a KoS jackwad.

We've seen your name in 1PP and it's good finally run into you.

Thanks for the shotgun shells.

I now have 4 functioning firearms (Red-9, sawn-off, Scorpion, Mosin) and mostly military style clothing.

We hit a Russian chopper where ColdAtrophy got a VSS.

At Myskino we found his mag and a large amount of rounds.

I came across 3 off-roads 1 in Elektro, 2 near cherno.

1 of them seemed ruined and the other 2 just needed tires.

Never gathered tires to get one running nor saw many tires at all in our lootings.

• Like 3

Also I found a Lada with items in it that couldnt be taken out., pristine spark plug and battery.

You can only take them out when you use -newui in startup parameters. Otherwise it won't work. You also need the wrench tool (not the lug wrench) to remove them. Kinda the same with car tents and other items with scrollable inventory - you can only use them fully with the new UI. I'm trying to get used to it too and use  -newui when I take out the car. 

Are car tents spawning? I've been looking in some apartment houses, but I only found regular tents - and not very many. I do find barrels, barrels, barrels a lot though. 

Edited by S3V3N

I have a wrench, a truck tire, and a tire repair kit, headlight, car battery, and lug wrench, on 1pp hive. Anyone desire them? (in berezino at time of edit)

Edited by FlimFlamm

Have done this with the gardening hoe.  I use an f-key animation to break it.

Haven't seen .357 ammo since nam.

Are car tents spawning? I've been looking in some apartment houses, but I only found regular tents - and not very many. I do find barrels, barrels, barrels a lot though. 

I can confirm that car tents do spawn in officer barrack at mishkino tents. There was 2 in there last time i checked. (about a week) Weird spot for them

• Like 1

I can confirm that car tents do spawn in officer barrack at mishkino tents. There was 2 in there last time i checked. (about a week) Weird spot for them

Well that explains, why I can't find them in the apartments :P

Was it inside a regular tent or the officer's tents, or whatever they are called (the semi-round ones with the doors). Because if it's a regular tent, I have a few more choices where to look and go to. It's damn hard hiding that white hatchback anywhere without those tents ;)

• Like 1

Was it inside a regular tent or the officer's tents, or whatever they are called (the semi-round ones with the doors). Because if it's a regular tent, I have a few more choices where to look and go to. It's damn hard hiding that white hatchback anywhere without those tents ;)

Quonset. Regular civilian tents will spawn in there too.

• Like 3

Quonset. Regular civilian tents will spawn in there too.

Damn. What I wonder now is if regular tents spawn there, but still spawn - in smaller quantities - in the apartments, surely the car tents must spawn there (apartments), too sometimes? If anyone found a car tent in an apartment, it would be nice to know. I'll keep looking, too. 

Edited by S3V3N

Ideal cleaver storage?

j8ZbfR0.jpg

Mr. Vintorez I presume?

0kt1SN8.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 5

The semi-round ones with doors. There was 2 in there.

• Like 1

Ideal cleaver storage?

Mr. Vintorez I presume?

Yes, perfect way to carry a cleaver - in the shoulder ;) Vintorez and Mosin Combo? I took off the scope when I had the Vintorez, mainly because I also had an SVD, so I kept the Vintorez for backup. Has anyone tried if the firemode switching works on it? I forgot and then there was a wipe. To be honest, I was too tight to shoot a few rounds, just to try that out. I'm not usually going much to military stuff, so I'm always a bit short on ammo for the better guns. I currently have a sword, a Red9 and a CR527 with mag and ammo. I also prefer the CR527 without scope, as it has a very nice ironsight. In fact, the ironsight is why I prefer it over the SKS, despite the CR's smaller magazine. The sword is just silly, but I've been carrying it, since I spawned on Skalisty Island.

I look at your screenshots and feel good about turning Ambient Occlusion off. If a game does AO like DayZ they should just leave it out. It looks worse than the occulsion in Unreal Engine 3, which is a lot to say. It's also just a post-process, so it draws unnecessary resources for something looking that shite. Would turn off again.  

The semi-round ones with doors. There was 2 in there.

Yes thanks, apparently they are called Quonset huts. Curious name. Will check there,  but I'll also keep checking in apartments.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Yes thanks, apparently they are called Quonset huts. Curious name. Will check there,  but I'll also keep checking in apartments.

Good idea, not a great spot to go and walk around with a car tent in hand hehe

So this is the first time I've actually played on experimental or paid much attention to it.

I was wondering, on average how long does experimental last before they push to stable?

I know it'd be very different each time but I have no prior knowledge to estimate it with.
Though if I had to guess, from the rate of updates, I'd imagine it'd be about a month or two, right??

Then my next question would be, how long from a stable push is it usually before there is a new experimental build out again?

Finally made it up to my old home stead up above Tisy before dinner a couple hours ago , Sat down to cook up that cattle meat,chicken and rabbit from that video I posted earlier . 
came back after dinner and servers are still packed , but now getting 2 -3 FPS on all but the 1pp servers . 

Anyone else getting worse performance as the over all server pop grows ? 

Its weird , It seems like , 1 full server is no problem , but when most of them are full everything gets laggy . 

• Like 1

Yes, perfect way to carry a cleaver - in the shoulder ;) Vintorez and Mosin Combo?- snip-

I look at your screenshots and feel good about turning Ambient Occlusion off. If a game does AO like DayZ they should just leave it out. It looks worse than the occulsion in Unreal Engine 3, which is a lot to say. It's also just a post-process, so it draws unnecessary resources for something looking that shite. Would turn off again.  

-snip-

I swapped my Mosin for a Winchester with scope.

I am playing on a new rig and have AO on for the first time and a low setting of post processing.

I think I was a little tired of the more "rigid looking sim PC pixel look" (which I prefer in some ways).

I haven't even gone over my settings with anything like Riva tuner yet to gain performance/FPS either.

I'll get around to it...  :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had just doubled back towards Myshkino to try to loot for a vest and scoped in for a minute.

After waiting maybe 3 minutes, 2 geared guys came in and began looting.

Though we would have had the drop on them, we left them to it.

2 guys with EMO clan tags, if that was you, you're welcome.

vjIcv5l.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Who decides what and how many experimental servers each region gets? 
In Australia we now have 2 servers but they are both 3pp.

I just really wish we had a 1pp server and was wondering how the type and amount of servers we get is decided?