Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

Vehicles & Zombies are lagging very much. FPS and other actions seem fine however.

Glad you figured out that server crashing bug.

Loving the new update, But I keep cetting game crashes non stop when I log into a server or shortly after with the message "The instruction at 0x00000B211ED refrenced memory at 0x000000008. The memory could not be read"

Does anyone know what this is? Is it something on my end or a bug? Cheers.

20 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Preeeetty sure that steam ids don't show up in the freaking debug monitor when someone hits you - that would be an awkward invasion of privacy .

Test it yourself.  Jump out of a deerstand, and then look at your last damage number.  shift+tab to steam overlay and click on yourself, in the URL, you will find a long number; compare this to your last damage.

Seriously, this has been a thing since the debug monitor was introduced last EXP cycle.  Git Guud, bruh.

• Like 4

I feel it's worth noting again, that after killing some wolves in Novo, I ran around dabbing to the extreme, while searching literally the entire damned town for a barrel. Finally found one, and put my pelts in with a bag o' lime.

Fuckin' nothin.  I watched them disappear in front of my eyes, again.  Logged out and back, checked barrel, no inventory slot exclusions, the stuff was just gone, vanished.

How's an Emu supposed to make it in this world without some schwifty leather duds?

I AM BATMAN!!!

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Preeeetty sure that steam ids don't show up in the freaking debug monitor when someone hits you - that would be an awkward invasion of privacy .

Considering you can see every person on the server with a quick shift tab, I don't really see much of an issue.
Could ofc be changed to "other player" if needed, but I hardly see a problem.

• Like 5

So finally got the chance to play a bit and after 30 minutes I have some issues (minor issues)

• my ICC monitor profile is getting reset after starting dayz x64 - Ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125011
  • Zombies are either completly black (like the black face bug) or do not interact with the lightning (looks like they are standing in shadows but are in fact in the open field)
  • Sounds are very cool but really loud (as other mentioned)
  • door sound is really quiet
  • some textures of grass and trees are flickering, but not like changing detail, they change from completely blue to the grass texture, hard to describe. If you run closer (like ~50m) it stops.
  • Killed zombies are falling through the floor (30-40% of it)

EDIT: overall FPS went down for me, like 10-15 FPS down to 60-70 around forerst :(

no crash, no black face, (apple tree bug still in plays, but the new player controller in .63 will get rid of this I hope), and a lot to discover, I LIKE IT!

Edited by Havrin
  • Like 3

Trees look great but the colliders are way off and some of them don't even have colliders. You can walk through the center of the tree trunk.

16 minutes ago, Smokin28 said:

Trees look great but the colliders are way off and some of them don't even have colliders. You can walk through the center of the tree trunk.

I think this are the point from SR 16. MAY 17

-Art

• Tree fire geometry

--> WIP

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, donkennedy01 said:

yYuJj8d.jpg

A wee pic of the sunrise, just before my M4 vanished :(

R.I.P. M4 :(

• Like 1

The map really looks great, but...

• While scoping around with Hunting Scope & ACOG , they go back to 3rd person after 12-13 seconds, i suppose that happens with every scope and is the most annoying thing i noticed
  • Fir trees have a huge hitbox, trying to hide yourself or barrels in these is kinda pointless
  • Doors are glitchy as hell. Every door i open to get inside puts be back outside when i go through the door. Waiting a few seconds before going through does help though.
  • The text of communication channels ("Direct" & "Radio") can't be read a lot of times
  • The 2 US crashsites i found did not have a single piece of loot. Spawned next to one just when server came back online, so it seems like loot did not spawn at all.
  • (At lest some) vehicles are rubberbanding so hard, it's kinda faster to walk around
  • (Some) Zombies are glitching through doors even though you locked them inside
  • (Some) Zombies are way slower than their running animation indicates

And these were just the first things that i remembered, i probably forgot a bunch of things i noticed during 4-5 hours of 0.62 experimental :P

Hiding your tents and barrels will be a way harder task now... makes me kinda sad since i really like the new forests. I just did not see a single spot where i thought "yea that's a great place to hide a barrel" so far...

• Like 2

yeah...i noticed it also.player cannot go "inside" of three.

23 minutes ago, wype said:

The map really looks great, but...

• While scoping around with Hunting Scope & ACOG , they go back to 3rd person after 12-13 seconds, i suppose that happens with every scope and is the most annoying thing i noticed
  • Fir trees have a huge hitbox, trying to hide yourself or barrels in these is kinda pointless
  • Doors are glitchy as hell. Every door i open to get inside puts be back outside when i go through the door. Waiting a few seconds before going through does help though.
  • The text of communication channels ("Direct" & "Radio") can't be read a lot of times
  • The 2 US crashsites i found did not have a single piece of loot. Spawned next to one just when server came back online, so it seems like loot did not spawn at all.
  • (At lest some) vehicles are rubberbanding so hard, it's kinda faster to walk around
  • (Some) Zombies are glitching through doors even though you locked them inside
  • (Some) Zombies are way slower than their running animation indicates

And these were just the first things that i remembered, i probably forgot a bunch of things i noticed during 4-5 hours of 0.62 experimental :P

Hiding your tents and barrels will be a way harder task now... makes me kinda sad since i really like the new forests. I just did not see a single spot where i thought "yea that's a great place to hide a barrel" so far...

Yep.  Also, vehicles don't have brakes and begin to roll the minute the driver enters the vehicle.  I killed Emu this way:  jumped in a stationary bus; and before I turned it on, it rolled over him.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

That information is really easy to obtain for any account; all you need is the profile URL. Not very private ;)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Raptor81 said:

it is called "turbo"

for whatever reason, I can't get my keyboard macro setup so I can autorun... btw, this feature needs to be added.  Holding down the shift or W to run long distances is a bitch.  Turbo doesn't seem to work the same.

My first session playing 0.62 was nothing short of awesome, despite a lack of action. The changes to the western edge of the map have left me genuinely lost for the first time in forever, and the visuals are absolutely killer. The new sounds are great too, but could use some fine-tuning as others have already noted.

I started in Solnichniy and immediately grabbed a V3S. After making it as far as the island of Otmel, I accidentally clipped a bush with the front of the truck and despite not having any visual damage it became essentially inoperable; it would go a max of 7 km/h in first gear, but upon shifting to 2nd it would instantly drop to 0 km/h. The experience felt as though the truck was tied on a leash, so I abandoned it and kept going west on foot.

Since I couldn't stop pausing to take pictures, it was a few hours before I finally made my way to the western edge of the map to explore. I made it as far north as the new dam and had to call it a night. All in all, I didn't encounter many bugs/issues, but I also didn't try to "do" a whole lot -- I merely traveled and looted as necessary to keep my health up.

Looking forward to meeting up with the regular "Experimental crew" again to do some testing and camp-building!

@IMT will be happy to know that gas lamps are working as intended once again :)

hqngsdHl.jpg

General screenshots from the evening:

w4waxZcl.jpg
sKmVadPl.jpg
jlpIVX9l.jpg
K2LQFmBl.jpg
LNLbOszl.jpg
ZNjvAtDl.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 16

So I got to play for a few hours last night and here are some of my findings.

I spawned in Berezhki in the dark last night and immediately noticed a difference. I have to say it renewed my sense of fear in this game, like the very first ever login in the dayz mod back in the day.I immediately hit the ground trying to avoid being detected by players and zombies. I start inching my way to the cabin at the waterfront and noticed another player hunched in the bushes. We talk for a bit and parted ways. He no more than got out of eyesight when I heard a single gunshot in the woods. I quickly looted the little village and ran crouched in the new underbrush. Ducking and weaving between trees. And out of the corner of my eye I see two fully geared players in camo running down the dirt road towards the town I spawned in and just behind them a dead body of a newly spawned player in the road dead. I inspect the player and he had a single weapon on his back. And this confirms to me that there are going to be some assholes in this version as well.. 

I make it to the next town Turovo or Karmonovka and was looting and got my first server crash. Log back in on different server and its day. Do some quick looting and as I'm crouched in between houses moving some loot around I hear some thumps on the ground and out the corner of my eye a white wolf jumps a fence and heads away from me. I run quickly into the closest house and duck and start searching through the windows for more. But nothing. A single wolf in the town and nothing else. I hear a gunshot just north of my location and nearly pissed myself. I decide to quickly and covertly make my way up and over into the big town of Cernaya Polana and get my second server crash. Log back into different server and its dark again. I was back in the house I had ducked into before. So again make my way over the hill and take out a couple of zombies with my nail filled bat. And another crash. Login and its dusk. I can barely see. But just as I am about to cross the road into the town I see a pack of wolves about half a mile up the road near the hunting shack. I stop for a second and frantically search for my screenshot button and damn it I couldn't find it. What a sight though. 4-5 wolves standing in the road each making their way across it. I gotta say I couldn't believe this game is this damn beautiful. I move into the new rail yard and start to loot and hear the wolves howling up the hill in the distance. I keep doing my thing and go to move back across the road and that's when I hear it. Thump thumpity thump and my adrenaline kicks in so fast. Wolves. Shit...... I run back to a shed I had left the door open on and shut it quickly behind me and get out my bat. They were on me quick and barking all around my new hideout. And as I'm waiting on them to lose interest I see a head sticking through the door. I smack it hard. And the next and then the next. I managed to kill the leader of the pack and the wolves scatter leaving me. I build a quick fire slice up the wolves and eat some steaks and this is where I ended my night.

I am pretty sure the wolves clipping into that corrugated building has always been a thing.

The sounds are great albeit a little repetitive at times.You can clearly hear the transitions between zones. I nearly pissed myself thinking I heard sticks breaking or a wolf howling in pain. But I don't think those sounds are in the game.

I didn't get to see any rain in my run around.

I did lose some items by setting them down. Or do to servers crashing and me losing the last few minutes of whatever I was doing.

The nights are dark and full of terror now. Amazing and beautiful scenery in my run. I almost couldn't believe it was the same game.

The shooting of freshly spawned players is a little ridiculous but that's my opinion. We know the guns work. And some of us are just trying to check some of the new things out and see how the game feels in this version.

Edited by Masprotech
  • Like 6

46 minutes ago, Masprotech said:

I inspect the player and he had a single weapon on his back. And this confirms to me that there are going to be some assholes in this version as well..

[...]

The shooting of freshly spawned players is a little ridiculous but that's my opinion. We know the guns work. And some of us are just trying to check some of the new things out and see how the game feels in this version.

Why ruin the atmosphere of danger lurking around every corner?

Also - when you die at the coast you did not loose much time (or stuff) anyway, i can't see a problem here...

1 hour ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

btw, this feature needs to be added

When stamina, weight, and other factors come into play, you will not want to autorun everywhere as your character will basically be run to death like a horse.

My hope is that walking will become more necessary until you find a vehicle. This increases the authenticity of the dayz experience and increases the value of vehicles.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, wype said:

Also - when you die at the coast you did not loose much time (or stuff) anyway, i can't see a problem here...

I think you have not understood the last of masprotech quite correctly. This is the exp. Section in the forum.

@all mates pls. more pictures...i out of range to my pc.

anybody else noticed green/yellowish clouds sometimes?

30 minutes ago, wype said:

Yeah, because a fresh spawn is a danger to someone fully geared. And if they are a danger to you as a fully geared player: GIT GUD!

@Masprotech no worries though, I'm always here to clean up the trash. Gonna send them right back to the coast until the point they start wondering if they maybe should say hello next time. :)

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

I think you have not understood the last of masprotech quite correctly. This is the exp. Section in the forum.

@all mates pls. more pictures...i out of range to my pc.

for me there is a difference between common experimental versions and the first playable update since ages.
most people right now really don't care if it is experimental, it's the first content update since more than 6 month and i was never a fan of telling others what to do in this game.

anyway, u wanted some screenshots? :)

h9ktJow.jpg

o4Bqgwa.jpg

47IlkES.jpg

5I4Z8bP.jpg

GcJVMIp.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

Yeah, because a fresh spawn is a danger to someone fully geared. And if they are a danger to you as a fully geared player: GIT GUD!

@Masprotech no worries though, I'm always here to clean up the trash. Gonna send them right back to the coast until the point they start wondering if they maybe should say hello next time. :)

why are you quoting me here - i wasn't even the one who killed a fresh spawn. i just feel like it's not a good idea to tell people how to play this game - there is no 'right' way to do it.

but let me tell you - tears just taste so delicious, that's why guys complaining and calling others 'assholes' will get killed over and over again ;)