Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

22 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:
  • FPS - I have lot of messages from you about better/worse FPS. it is half and half, someone have better FPS, someone have worst. We are still working on performance.
  • If you have problem with keybindings, movement of the mouse or another problem with your inputs - delete all DayZ profiles from your documents.

FPS is basically the same for me, maybe a bit lower (see my system specs in signature).

However, deleting my DAYZ profile did not work to be able to bind "move forward" to sec. mouse button, also binding "turbo" to a thumb button doesn't work any more. Seems to me keybinding no longer detect a button being held depressed (hold) as a input.

Edited by nl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nl said:

However, deleting my DAYZ profile did not work to be able to bind "move forward" to sec. mouse button, also binding "turbo" to a thumb button doesn't work any more. Seems to me keybinding no longer detect a button being held depressed as a input.

Same problem. I use "Look" in my mouse thumb. Now it does not work. Deleted profile. You can bind it, but it just doesn't work in game.

13 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Btw. Characters and persistence on EXP branch will be wiped today.

By today. do you mean withinin the last two minutes?  I just crashed at Tisy mil base at long last, and woke up on the coast.

• Like 1

• Sometimes the server is a bit laggy and I am getting some sort of rubberbanding for 2 or 3 mins. 
  • FPS wise, its pretty decent, same as before Id say
  • Suggestion to the new ambiend sounds: They should differ when going into a house! If its very windy for example, when you enter the house the noise should be lowerd and some sort of reverb attached, flapping windows would be cool as well
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, nl said:

FPS is basically the same for me, maybe a bit lower (see my system specs in signature).

However, deleting my DAYZ profile did not work to be able to bind "move forward" to sec. mouse button, also binding "turbo" to a thumb button doesn't work any more. Seems to me keybinding no longer detect a button being held depressed as a input.

Yeah, when binding "look" into my mouse button 5, the game doesn't seem to detect the button being held down. When pushing mouse 5 and turning, I can see the character starting to look around, but the view returns to center in a split second as if I only pressed the button once, without holding it down.

21 minutes ago, Seitan said:

T5g2jHI.jpg

black zombie bug? btw are the nights darker now or is it just my settings?

That zombie bug is known and its scheduled for a fix. Also nights are "darker" due to the lighting/tonemap changes.

• Like 2

But still i cant really enjoy the nights when you play normally and you know youre in a huge disadvantage against those gamma abuser :( i really love the night time, it looks awesome and kind of scary now but the gamma thing ruins it for me

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Slavaker said:

Personally I'm a bit disappointed with how the new ambient sounds came up to be. I really expected to "see" positional SFX playing at random time, but currently it's just a stereo audio track which replays itself over and over again. For example, hearing an eagle-owl for the first time was amazing, but pretty soon it became clear, that due to the static positioning, it always screams on your left at a certain time periods...

yeah...that owl just "huu huu" there...i tried to shot with the weapon and scare it away but "huu huu".
ambient system need lot of work.
is there AI owl?...i think that this is the same thing like those old dayz static sounds.gate sound etc...if there is no owl,there is no sound.
little birds sounds i can take but little less that its now...its like jungle.
i found also bus and tried to drive it but it was bugged and very laggy.
night is darker what is good but gamma setting is still there.

• Like 1

I tried out the GAMMA thingie everyone uses and on this .62 update game just looks disgusting, everything becomes suddenly pixelated and way too bright, you open up the inventory and you instantly become blind of how bright it is. I am no gamma user, it takes away experience especially with these new forests and what not. I rather leave my game darker, much better. And those nights in forests, you keep running you hear this creepy wind sound and suddenly you hear some bushes moving or so, that made me jump instantly and look all around to make sure no one's following me. I love the new vibe of .62. 

Here's some screenshots of night-time that I took, totally loving it. Good Job Dev Team.

653E271B9B71283765F6226A9B0FEE8AF84354071058E50B968B1574A7FE725722738BFAD670288DF4D80DF0A70ACF124695AD2938FF426641980E91

• Like 4

I just had a weird issue, I climbed up a deer stand to wait for the rain to stop (5000 health/blood), as I was waiting I was browsing on my phone for a while when suddenly I noticed that I went unsconcious.

I figured someone must have shot me or climbed up the deer stand and knocked me out when suddenly I regain consciousness. 

So I'm frantically looking around for someone to come  and loot me or something but there was no one around, then I noticed my health took a 6 point hit and my last damage received is a weird number:

zswu2t.jpg

Anyone know what this might be? New bug?

Edited by Trnc84
  • Like 2

Thanks to those fuckers who shoot everything that moves. My 5th run to the west just to get killed before i reach the west. This is experimental and i just want to see the map. U fuckers gu back to stable. Shooting is not new, thats not something we have to test fuckers.

P.s.: People in Dayz are mostlikely dicks i recognice once more.

• Like 4

Some comments after playing for an hour or so

I think new sounds are good, but they need more diversity. Currently they are most of the time too loud and game feels like ASMR walking simulator.

FPS is not as good as it used to be. I go from 90-110FPS to 60-75FPS in nature. People commenting here about FPS, please do look real numbers not just your gut feeling. You might not notice it always so easily, if you got from around 100FPS to 65FPS.

While nature is great, this is also a huge change in game mechanics. There is two major things with trees, which people have been (ab)using. It would be nice if development team actually indicates that they have understood how it will change the game, when they make changes this big.

a) People hide into spruces when logging off. This is not currently possible.
b) People hide their stashes like barrels and boxes into trees. This is not currently possible.

Edited by clipartcat

6 minutes ago, Trnc84 said:

I just had a weird issue, I climbed up a deer stand to wait for the rain to stop (5000 health/blood), as I was waiting I was browsing on my phone for a while when suddenly I noticed that I went unsconcious.

I figured someone must have shot me or climbed up the deer stand and knocked me out when suddenly I regain consciousness. 

So I'm frantically looking around for someone to come  and loot me or something but there was no one around, then I noticed my health took a 6 point hit and my last damage received is a weird number:

zswu2t.jpg

Anyone know what this might be? New bug?

That number is likely your steam ID. open steam and check the last 4 digits  : )

• Like 2

@goateswyn

Take it easy (dayz). They are all the hater who have to play their frustration, just because DayZ is not dead ... let them play. If all the influences come into the game which require a real survival they will be gone.

*Flupp* 

• Like 3

is the wave sound just in stereo?....and coast sounds can be heard maybe too far away in forest.

in that video i noticed it and also little tested it...on railroad you can hear on right side waves...feels odd in my ears.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sqeezorz said:

@goateswyn

Take it easy (dayz). They are all the hater who have to play their frustration, just because DayZ is not dead ... let them play. If all the influences come into the game which require a real survival they will be gone.

*Flupp* 

Just got shot at by a some shotgun weilding dude... Got away, heart pumping, minor stroke, probably took 3 years of my life expectancy, but awesome :)

As far as the build goes, no real issues I haven't seen mentioned.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

That number is likely your steam ID. open steam and check the last 4 digits  : )

I just looked it up it's not mine, lol so someone did knock me out but didn't finish me off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trnc84 said:

I just looked it up it's not mine, lol so someone did knock me out but didn't finish me off.

Maybe it was their Steam ID.

Regarding FPS, for me my FPS is much better then FPS on .61. At least got around more 10 FPS or so.

Edited by TomCGaming

5 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Last damage indicator definitely gives a steam ID of any player to damage you last, including yourself in case of fall or car accidents.

Also:  Wolves confirmed.  I was starting to wonder...

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Edited by emuthreat
woof
  • Like 10

Just now, emuthreat said:

Last damage indicator definitely gives a steam ID of any player to damage you last, including yourself in case of fall or car accidents.

Good to know... Means I can actually know if it was team kill or not :D

geniunely curious why they changed the old, satisfying melee hit sounds (which sounded like actually ramming your axe into flesh) for this?

it now sounds like you are hitting paper with a stick instead or something.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Preeeetty sure that steam ids don't show up in the freaking debug monitor when someone hits you - that would be an awkward invasion of privacy .

4 hours ago, Slavaker said:

Personally I'm a bit disappointed with how the new ambient sounds came up to be. I really expected to "see" positional SFX playing at random time, but currently it's just a stereo audio track which replays itself over and over again. For example, hearing an eagle-owl for the first time was amazing, but pretty soon it became clear, that due to the static positioning, it always screams on your left at a certain time periods...

It's a mix of both atm. My previous post explains it.

:)