Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

14 minutes ago, Espa said:

Finally had a day to myself to really test out this amazing patch and oh my god, it just keeps getting better and better. I truly love the new changes done by the Devs to improve immersion - It's a huge success. While there are a few bugs, I'm not frustrated in the least! I'm so happy that there's more to see and do! Also, the night time is DARK! I love it :D

Got to run and play with the great Rene from BarelyInfected

Right? better and better indeed! How good is night time?!! It was so dark but just light enough for my eyes to focus on things every now and again, the light bouncing off one lone tree trunk lighting it up where the moon shone through. Running through a thick forest, it was so dark and then coming out into the field, it gradually got brighter until everything was visible again! It was very captivating in my eyes.

That would have been a nice peaceful run as well too Espa, awesome stuff.

• Like 3

I'm home.

5retZ9rl.jpg

• Like 16

I haven't found kill on sight kiddies to be that big of a problem in exp.  but then, I haven't gone to the high traffic military places - I don't go looking for trouble.

were all the characters reset this morning?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

were all the characters reset this morning

Yes, I believe baty posted that there would be a wipe.

I just got back from out of town and I'm just too tired to really play.

I booted up to take a quick peak and was immediately impressed with the new sound and the darker night.

Tomorrow after laundry and lunch, it's a new DayZ. :D

• Like 10

someone tried to shoot through new plants? because even bushes seem to have some kind of rectangular model in it.

i discovered that i cant run through or hide in clusters of pines, because their branches seem to have some kind of hard hitbox. it really annoys and disappoints. 

anyway they fixed no-sway bug, good job! 

• Like 1

Has noone heard R2D2 speaking when birdtweets overlap sometimes?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tatanko said:

I'm home.

5retZ9rl.jpg

That's exactly how I felt after 5 minutes into .62. Damn those trees and grass, also the wind (!) The wind feels and sound that good, that every 2 steps I took my headphones off and checked if the wind came from outside or in the game.

I would really like to see(hear) that by turning my head the wind direction changes. ATM it is just surround-sound.

Also the lightning needs to be refactored, the screen above is perfect, but sometimes I have really dark trees next to really highlighted birks. But damn I enjoy running through the forest now

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Havrin said:

That's exactly how I felt after 5 minutes into .62. Damn those trees and grass, also the wind (!) The wind feels and sound that good, that every 2 steps I took my headphones off and checked if the wind came from outside or in the game.

I would really like to see(hear) that by turning my head the wind direction changes. ATM it is just surround-sound.

Also the lightning needs to be refactored, the screen above is perfect, but sometimes I have really dark trees next to really highlighted birks. But damn I enjoy running through the forest now

There is currently a leaf tree wind rustle sound that plays on a few trees and is positional. But you have to be up close to them to hear it which sucks.

I really want to see them add in some sort of rudimentary global illumination to the renderer just to see what it would look like.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

There is currently a leaf tree wind rustle sound that plays on a few trees and is positional. But you have to be up close to them to hear it which sucks.

I really want to see them add in some sort of rudimentary global illumination to the renderer just to see what it would look like.

Yeah, it's mixed. Some are positional some are global. But this is still the right step to a really good environment for chernarus. I can't wait to see and hear when everything fits perfectly together.

EDIT: btw, perfomance is okish at the moment. It's not better for me. After 30 minutes i thought that it dropped by 10-20 FPS, but now I know, that it just jumps a lot. Looking to the forest ~50fps turning 30-40deg to the left and see half of the forest ~70-80FPS. So the new models do have an impact on the perfomance but it's not that much tbh. I can live with that :D

Edited by Havrin
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Preeeetty sure that steam ids don't show up in the freaking debug monitor when someone hits you - that would be an awkward invasion of privacy .

Yeah it does, I looked up the steam id and confirmed the player was in the player list on the server I was playing on.

Edited by Trnc84

23 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:
  • If you have problem with keybindings, movement of the mouse or another problem with your inputs - delete all DayZ profiles from your documents.

If you find something else I am listening. :)

Btw. Characters and persistence on EXP branch will be wiped today.

Hi Baty,

I can confirm that deleting all DayZ profiles does not fix the problem. (or at least in my case)

Was anyone able to fix the key binding issues by deleting the DayZ profiles?

16 minutes ago, Trnc84 said:

Yeah it does, I looked up the steam id and confirmed the player was in the player list on the server I was playing on.

Also i fell from stairs and it shows my steam id.

lighting a fire in a house fireplace, it went out 'from the wind'.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, donkennedy01 said:

Also i fell from stairs and it shows my steam id.

The last few builds you would see a steamid as 'last damage' if you're a passenger in a car that takes damage.  The id is the driver's.

I was finally able to hop on for a peek. I can't remember the last time when I was lost for 2+ hours and I never did figure out where I spawned, where I traveled through, or where I ended up!!! It was almost like my very first time, except that I didn't get mauled and killed by every zed that I stumbled across.  ; )

As beautiful as the new shrubbery is, I expected more texture popping and in this respect, I wasn't disappointed. Popping was significant and quite distracting. Of course I lost my config settings, so perhaps I can tune some of this out? I clicked on the "HIGH" default, turned off the motion blur and let it rip. My FPS was rarely below 85, so I'm pretty happy with that. But speaking of texture popping, some textures never did pop. Case in point, the road signs, with the town names - these never did pop and they stayed a blurry mess for me, which is part of the reason why I never did figure out where I was.

Through it all, I only had two really annoying issues: a) I couldn't get the quick slots to work and b) I hit a patch of minor rubber-banding, but accompanying that was an inability to pick things up and I had great difficulty in manipulating my inventory. I had to relog in order to "fix" this problem.

Overall i liked the new sounds, although I agree that they are a bit over the top. But, when was the last time the devs introduced a new mechanism, which did not require fine tuning, over time? Besides, that is what the beta process is for, eh?. IMHO, the most crucial aspect of this new patch is the movement of the foliage. I think it will be much more difficult to spot animals, zeds and other players, when there is so much movement for us to process.

Rain is still a thing, but I was apparently not worthy of a thunder and lightning show. That's how I ended the night, grey, dreary, damp and foreboding ... in other words, the iconic DayZ adventure.

EDIT: I just remembered that I found a house that I could not fit through the doorway. It's the small one with external stairs on one side and internal stairs on the other side and sometimes, you fall through the floor and can't get out from under it! Anyway, I couldn't fit through the ground level door, even though their were no obvious obstructions.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 5

Are characters being wiped every day? I had my character on a 3pp server wiped and today I had my 1pp character wiped which I know wasn't killed because I stopped playing after the server went down.

2 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

EDIT: I just remembered that I found a house that I could not fit through the doorway. It's the small one with external stairs on one side and internal stairs on the other side and sometimes, you fall through the floor and can't get out from under it! Anyway, I couldn't fit through the ground level door, even though their were no obvious obstructions.

That was still an issue back in .61 for 75% of the houses (with the internal stairs). Press crouch, run into the frame, and press crouch again (to stand up) and you should get through. This is probably an issue were the devs tested it with the new player controller (probably new hitboxes) and pushed the wrong one into the steam-branch ;)

Edited by Havrin

20 minutes ago, Havrin said:

That was still an issue back in .61 for 75% of the houses (with the internal stairs). Press crouch, run into the frame, and press crouch again (to stand up) and you should get through. This is probably an issue were the devs tested it with the new player controller (probably new hitboxes) and pushed the wrong one into the steam-branch ;)

I don't think they're fixing the doors in 0.62, but I could be wrong. They may be waiting for 0.63 or beyond as they said in one of their SR that they figured out what size each door needs to be in order for players to be able to enter/exit them without any problems.

2 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I don't think they're fixing the doors in 0.62, but I could be wrong. They may be waiting for 0.63 or beyond as they said in one of their SR that they figured out what size each door needs to be in order for players to be able to enter/exit them without any problems.

Exactly, that's what I wanted to say with my post. Sorry if it was too confusing. I think most of the problems which are because of the "old" player controller won't be fixed because they throw it away after .63 hits. TBH I was suprised that the black face bug was fixed, thought that will be gone with .63 and the player controller. But I am glad they fixed it :)

Edited by Havrin

Is any one else having problems with interacting with items? I start having trouble by the looks of it when I interact with an item withing another item.  EG find a shirt in house it has a tin of tuna in it.  I then try to take tune, nothing happens. After that I can no longer interact with items.  I have placed items from my inventory into hands, but this doesn't always fix the problem.  Also I'm getting rubber banding.  If some one had been watching me at that time it would have been very funny.  I was jigging all over the place and not in my direction of travel lol.

4 minutes ago, Fing said:

Is any one else having problems with interacting with items? I start having trouble by the looks of it when I interact with an item withing another item.  EG find a shirt in house it has a tin of tuna in it.  I then try to take tune, nothing happens. After that I can no longer interact with items.  I have placed items from my inventory into hands, but this doesn't always fix the problem.  Also I'm getting rubber banding.  If some one had been watching me at that time it would have been very funny.  I was jigging all over the place and not in my direction of travel lol.

I had the same issue, but when I encountered it, it didn't have anything to do with items inside of items.

I finally made it to the new dam, west of Zeleno!  Mainly because I found a sedan on the east coast and had a rather terrifying journey along the coast road.

Look!  The Dam!

f8Oxyvb.jpg

Sorry it's so dark.

Now, the real story.  The sedan.  Well, it's very nice being gifted a completely lovely sedan so one mustn't grumble too much.  However, the frame rate drop was epic.  Especially in Electro...dare I say it...I got 4 fps...only briefly mind.  But 40 kmh with a frame rate of 4 is rather nerve-wrecking.  It didn't help that my companion cheered when we left Electro unscathed.  No great praise for my awesome driving skills, just a slightly sarcastic cheer.  The swine!

I'm loving 0.62 - thank you, you brilliant people.

Edited by ClaireOpen
Er...sedans don't go over the banked railway lines...just thought I'd mention it. Beached the damn thing near Zeleno! Ooooopsie!
  • Like 7

AB-SO-LU-TE-LY, IN LO-VE with the ambient sounds, holy mama!

Also the overall atmosphere makes me all tingly.

Here are 2 shots. Just Love the ambiance!

Here's emuthreat being all sneakysneaky lurking in the shadows

PuMQE7C.png

And of course, beautiful Svetlo (seriously, just what! So pretty!)

rBerbEh.png

Glad to be back! 

• Like 9

I made it to 2 important new landmarks last evening:

BgoouaSl.jpg
Apr2CDDl.jpg

...and also found one of these, which makes me want to find a banana and complete the whole fruit collection:

JzizwqPl.jpg

• Like 10