Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

4 hours ago, Influence_X said:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Version 0.61.135794

Things I noticed playing .61 Exp. (not sure if any of them warrent the bug tracker). I got to play on the southwest US server for approximately 20 minutes before the servers went down, I only experienced one crash. 

- The .22 was super loud (the only gun i found)

- Zombies were quiet in comparison to previous versions of the game

- VOIP was SUPER LOUD, i ran into someone and they were so loud I almost threw my headphones off my head. 

- I only experienced one crash

-Player actions were more quiet (eating, running, breathing)

I thought I wasn't going to like the new server menu, but I actually really do. I cant wait for the queue. 

AND I LOVED LOVED LOVED THE NEW LIGHTING

The status in the upper right corner, is that part of the game now?

4 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

The status in the upper right corner, is that part of the game now?

yes, at least for right now. i imagine the information there will be re-imagined with the iconography of the finalized UI

6 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

yes, at least for right now. i imagine the information there will be re-imagined with the iconography of the finalized UI

Oh man, I hope it's only for experimental testing purposes.  Kind of takes away from the immersion or at least have an option to turn it off.

19 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Oh man, I hope it's only for experimental testing purposes.  Kind of takes away from the immersion or at least have an option to turn it off.

Pretty sure they've said its just for EXP.

Might end up as a server option down the road, but that's just me speculating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Im from uk said:

Hello,

I've made a video of combined clips from exp server test session that happened today here is some time stamps as well since the video is close to 30 min.

0:00 -  4:45 Running from Cherno to new Balota barracks building.
6:50 -  7:20 1v1 shootout at New Balota barracks building.
9:45  - 14:10 Random gameplay that I felt like throwing in.
14:13  -  26:14 Playing on some high ping server (200+) and killing some zombies testing out dynamic spawn and respawn. 

The server with 200+ ping had low pop and thats why server was not crashing also the lag and stuttering you see in the video was bec of my obs setting. The game was running good while I was playing.

@biohaze thanks.

Lights on gun shots look tight! I would shit my pants if I were You when You opened those doors :) And great thing is that when You killed that guy he went down instantly like there were no desync at all! Great Job devs!

Missed it again. Damn day jobs.  Looks good so far.  Glad to finally see the last of those barracks are enterable now.

• Like 1

Brian I know that it's not matching topic but i have question about night because of the video someone posted on page 21. Because firefights etc at night are just so intense and breath taking so its just sad we can skip those by changing gamma.

Is it possible that You guys will make something like they did in rust about night? That the gamma adjustment either in game or in graphic card control panel wont make it bright almost like day? Im not talking about like close comming patches but even later in beta or what ever. Im just curious if that is even posible to do in dayz with this renderer etc or its just to much. Ofcourse im talkin about night where You can actualy see something depeandning where You are at or if its cloudy night or full moon etc etc. 

EDIT:

I ask because right now its a bit unfair to people that play at night with out gamma because others have adventage over them. Im not talking about myself tho because i just use it instantly when its start to make dark but the only reason is that why not if others does... And really i would love to have real night to make game even more intense but only if that would affect everybody around me :)

Edited by gaweu

1. I have 60-80 FPS and it feels like 18 FPS [In Experimantal]

2. FN Fal Scopes has no Crosshair

3. in every House are wall glitches

4. You can restart any server with 1 Tent <--- Crash Method

5. You can Set up a Server <---- Server Files was leaked from 420gaming

6. the V3S Truck has some Bugs

7. You only can spawn on the coast Why not up in Noth? 

Edited by The_Sakura

I just realized that the devs added a 'Slots' tab to show us the server size:

j1e6265.jpg

Thank you for taking in our feedback on this.

• Like 3

Odds on Experimental servers being up by the end of the week and over the course of the weekend?

9 minutes ago, komalt said:

Odds on Experimental servers being up by the end of the week and over the course of the weekend?

Slim to none.

Best odds 1/10.

I still say, "big bucks, no whammies, STOP!".

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

21 minutes ago, Schmirgus said:

If 0.61 Hits the experimental servers, will there be enough Server?  as many as with 0.6?

Usually they put up about a dozen servers and they want them fully populated to test server load.  If they put up too many servers and they don't populate to capacity it's not as efficient to get that performance data. Fortunately there's a queue system now so it should make the pain of waiting a little easier.

Survivors! 0.61 Experimental servers are online for limited time and as always, if you experience bugs or crashes, use our feedback tracker. Thank you!

Edited by Baty Alquawen
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Survivors! 0.61 Experimental servers are online for limited time and as always, if you experience bugs or crashes, use our feedback tracker. Thank you!

Thanks, Baty! Hoping they'll be up when I'm NOT at work one of these days ;)

• Like 4

Of COURSE 0.61 Servers are online.....

Smack dab in the middle of my busy work day....as USUAL!...... Bah! :-p

This is why I can't have nice things, I guess...heheheh.

By the time I get home (late again, naturally) I will either have missed the window of availability...or I will sit in the server queue for an hour.....

Sucks to be me, lads....but get your butts in there and test, test, test...Submit, Submit, Submit!

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Slim to none.

Best odds 1/10.

I still say, "big bucks, no whammies, STOP!".

Reveal hidden contents

Yup.....Nailed it, Bio! ;-p

Mind you....the weekend is not upon us yet....so you still might have a chance.

Edited by philbur
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Just played for a few minutes before I had to go.  Seemed good, responsive, combat with zombies seemed fine, jumping was responsive :P

Seems pretty smooth so far, combat worked well. Only that some servers keep on crashing every 10 min(could have been just those 2 - 3 I joined).

Also apartment building balconies either don't have collision or you can really easily lag through them

Servers are not staying up long though it seems they are up longer than yesterday so far....

2nd time in a row I spawned right near a friend....

Hive connection is spotty maybe.

Had 2 server crashes in about 30 odd minutes.

*Make that 3 crashes now.

It seems we are still plagued by a similar bug.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

17 minutes ago, komalt said:

Just played for a few minutes before I had to go.  Seemed good, responsive, combat with zombies seemed fine, jumping was responsive :P

While I would agree with this, barrels and tires still melt into the ground when you throw them, and, OMG, the sound of my own breathing is deafening.

• Like 1

Playedfor about half hour.  on full server crash happened less than 5 mins in.  tried empty server and did not crash for over 20 min.  noticed everything orked very smoothly.  doors opened properly.  items all went to inventory first try.  hotkeys all worked smooth as silk even while sprinting.  jump worked well.  noticed many more zeds which was nice although it seems they are no longer able to go over fences.  they seem to strike and move much faster in combat and cause bleeding very easily which i enjoyed.  noticed when fighting zeds they push you through fences and once through the wall of a shed.  also noticed that they will often make the animation for striking and you will be pushed as if they hit yet the hit does not seem to register.  i think rags will be much more important this patch as i spent quite a bit of time bleeding.  zeds also seem much easier to fight in 3rd person than first as they run around you as they strike quite fast.  patch definately shaping up.  hopefullythey are able to isolate and squash these server crashes!

• Like 1

Met someone. I say "hello." They kill me with a pickaxe.

The DayZ community, everybody.

• Like 1