Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

Yep nothing new.  Looking at test server no one has been on it for 30 minutes.  Two people on it throughout the day before 11:13am.  Think its safe to say we wait until next week boys, pack it up.

Are you ready for another 0.61 EXP crash test? :)

Servers will be online in 5 minutes.

And as always, if you experience bugs or crashes, use our feedback tracker. The more feedback, the faster we can fix issues, and the closer we get to our goals.

• Like 3

93.4mb downloaded

135896 (not 135869)

Just to confuse you all more apparently....

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

Finally, a patch which I can play from the start. I will report back when it crashes and the time I first enter the server. But let's hope that doesn't happen.

5 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Are you ready for another 0.61 EXP crash test? :)

Servers will be online in 5 minutes.

And as always, if you experience bugs or crashes, use our feedback tracker. The more feedback, the faster we can fix issues, and the closer we get to our goals.

What a nice surprise! Thanks

20 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

93.4mb downloaded

135896 (not 135869)

Just to confuse you all more apparently....

im getting bad version warning from this discrepancy how do i fix it?(12;33) i got in after a small download: 93.4 mb

Edited by koffeekage

@koffeekage Verify integrity of game cache. Steam-> DayZ-> Properties-> Local files

It should help :).

Edited by Baty Alquawen
  • Like 1

On 2.11.2016 at 10:42 AM, gaweu said:

Brian I know that it's not matching topic but i have question about night because of the video someone posted on page 21. Because firefights etc at night are just so intense and breath taking so its just sad we can skip those by changing gamma.

Is it possible that You guys will make something like they did in rust about night? That the gamma adjustment either in game or in graphic card control panel wont make it bright almost like day? Im not talking about like close comming patches but even later in beta or what ever. Im just curious if that is even posible to do in dayz with this renderer etc or its just to much. Ofcourse im talkin about night where You can actualy see something depeandning where You are at or if its cloudy night or full moon etc etc. 

EDIT:

I ask because right now its a bit unfair to people that play at night with out gamma because others have adventage over them. Im not talking about myself tho because i just use it instantly when its start to make dark but the only reason is that why not if others does... And really i would love to have real night to make game even more intense but only if that would affect everybody around me :)

a thought recently crossed my mind regarding "gamma level adjustments":

what about a dynamically changing rendering-distance (rd) roughly based on time of the day, cloudiness and lunar phase. So you say you drastically limit the rd - for the sake of simplicity let's just say only of dynamic objects and characters (so players, npcs, dynamically spawning loot and player built/set-up constructions) - based on these three variables in general. And depending on the present sources of artificial light (lamps, fire, torches, muzzle flash, chemlights etc.) and their distance and/or intensity regarding to your character the rd is readjusted dynamically.

Just think about the same way as rd changes when scanning a scenary with and without scope.

No clue about possible impacts or shortcomings though. never really thought it through, but why shouldn't it be possible in that way.

Really hoping this test is gonna last a bit longer, as it takes at least 20 minutes to download the patch...

Any possibility this one's gonna last for the week-end? (Since it's a stress test, I doubt, but still..)

Playing now for 30mins+

"...M-4 in a barn..." - Hix

How about CMAG in a hiking jacket in a civilian house?

RQ0ADWG.jpg

:D

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 3

Had a 1h session without a crash.

1 thing I noticed is that I couldn't loot any of the infected I killed.

• Like 1

it looks good. why do people have to PVP in experimental im over here doing science shit and some ass comes over and try to kill me, i got attacked by more players than infected and its got nothing to do with the number of infected. I cut the first from last guy up and put him in an oil drum with his gear so he can find himself.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

it looks good. why do people have to PVP in experimental im over here doing science shit and some ass comes over and try to kill me, i got attacked by more players than infected and its got nothing to do with the number of infected. I cut the first from last guy up and put him in an oil drum with his gear so he can find himself.

People are going to do that. Its because the Dayz playerbase is full of infantile fucktards. Only 97-98% or so though, the rest are fine.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Killawife said:

People are going to do that. Its because the Dayz playerbase is full of infantile fucktards. Only 97-98% or so though, the rest are fine.

im gonna need more drum cans.

• Like 1

Turns out switiching audio output causes DayZ to try and divide by zero. Like literally, I think that's what the error said. Back onto the queue I go.

Did manage to play for a good long while though. No crashes... well I got a client crash first time I joined, but was smooth sailing from then on. No server crashes, vault and weapon selection is super responsive. Did notice that player status(thirst, temperature, wetness, etc) was a bit slow to update, though. I walked through a pond, and then when I got back to dry land I progressively got wetter and wetter. Drank from a pump up to hydrated, then over the course of about 20 seconds (as I was walking around) I got more and more stuffed until I threw up.

Guns sound amazing from afar. So far the only gun I've been able to get up and running is a Trumpet, but it sounds great. Zombies are everywhere. They're not terribly threatening, but there's a lot of them.

All in all, looking good so far.

• Like 1

Played uninterrupted for about 2 hours.

Was on the hunt for WolveZ but found none though I ran most of the Northern edge of the woods.

Of course now I'm headed out to spend the night at my girlfriends, now that we have a functioning patch....

Killed more than a few infected, tried the MP-33 and it sounded great.

Aggro and hit detection with infected seemed possibly improved.

I keep forgetting to check infected bodies for loot!

Good luck, all!

• Like 4

Manage to play for about an hour without any crashes, lag or glitches.

The infected seem to knockback players a lot when they hit them, making it pretty hard to kill them with punches. (Haven't run with a "melee" on my back for more than a year.)

Really nice additions to the environment all over the map. The Rogovo area is looking great.

Very responsive controls overall. Had to stop for real life matters.

I'd post screenshots, but it seems Tinypic is down... Maybe later when I make an account over imgurl or something like that.

Thanks devs. 0.61 is looking great so far!!

P.S.: Haven't seen or heard any animals other than chickens...

• Like 4

Just played 1.25 hrs. Started from yesterday at Mysta and got all the way to Tiszy. 

Got fully geared. Server restarted, and I log back in at my starting point in Mysta.

Say What?

6 minutes ago, serelaw said:

Say What?

When this happens, don't move!

Log out where you stand and try to log back in.

You may have lost connection to the hive at some point.

If you do start gearing up and then log out, it may still switch you back to the older character, losing the newer one entirely.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

Seems like its finally stable.  Heard a lot of gunshots from far away, really wonder what the max distance of hearing one is now?  I love the new sounds from distance.

• Like 3

I played for 1 to 2 hours.

The overall game runs really smooth. Great FPS, jumping etc. reacts instantly. 

Sounds are creepy. Silent infected, loud steps...

I spawned near Cherno. First thing I noticed - nearly no infected which I could not loot.

Went to Nadezhdino. Yeah, let's loot the police. Well - maybe 20 infected in that village and around ;D. Managed to sneak through it with my 4th try. Ammunition spawnrate looked fine where I looted. Managed to get 7 Shotgunbullets within those 90 minutes! 

Food was rare! Loot seems to be bettre now.

So now that DayZ is a Zombies game I decided to visit a militarybase. And yeah, I stoped that try with my 2 shots I had that moment when I heard those AK's fireing in the distance. Respect to the audio!

There's maybe one thing I totaly hate in DayZ now. The speed of movement. In 90 Minutes I managed to cross the whole map Cherno - Severograd military base.

Nighter was I moving directly there north nor did I find much food. It was just too easy - especially in combination with the temperature-fix.

We need stamina and we need jogging to be the normal speed ;D

• Like 3

It seems this is a stable build and just for the week-end, thank you developers for your hard effort. :)

My main task has been to try and hunt down wolves. I scanned the entire most western forest with no luck. There was something going on at Myshkino and when I checked from an hill there were two players there. They came and went immediately back in the quonset hut so they were camping there. I thought I'd fuck with them and shot a couple rounds with my Repeater on the quonset hut but they didn't came out. After that I just ran more up north to find the wolves.

I found 2 crashsites so far with some stuff like ammo and clothes, no guns yet though. After I was moving from the second crashsite (the one in the open field all the way in the west) and was talking with BioHaze over Teamspeak and just almost ignore DayZ I suddenly heared a loud bang and I went unconscious. Apparently someone ambushed me at the point were I would least expect it, well done to them. And that concluded my search for the wolves. So no fist fight with them yet unfortunately. :(

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Playing now for 30mins+

1 hour ago, Snarienza said:

Had a 1h session without a crash.

43 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

All in all, looking good so far.

29 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Played uninterrupted for about 2 hours.

28 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Manage to play for about an hour without any crashes, lag or glitches.

24 minutes ago, serelaw said:

Just played 1.25 hrs

17 minutes ago, komalt said:

Seems like its finally stable.

8 minutes ago, TheHappyMile said:

I played for 1 to 2 hours.

Awesome! Looks like we're finally getting somewhere with this 0.61 business. Hope I get a chance to play tonight :)

• Like 5

Hey there, i am trying to connect... every time i try i get an error with message 

Connecting failed, i even stayd in queue for like 15 minutes then got this error... what can o do? i tryed also low lvl population and i get the same.. btw, why cannot we see the player count? only the message low/medium/high?