Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

7 minutes ago, Darius Vitaminas said:

that post was when they started to open servers... no news is worying to me... might not see more servers tonight.... 

No news is good news as they say.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Sakura said:

No the server are offline right now

yeah but the devs havent posted if they are going to stay that way.

4 minutes ago, The_Sakura said:

No the server are offline right now

I think what he means is that the latest "status" was from October 27th.

DayZ Development ‏@dayzdevteam  Oct 27

Service Status: DayZ Servers: Online.

Exp/Unstable Testing Branch: Offline.

So they still hope the most recent update (2 hours ago) about the experimental servers staying up until tomorrow still stands, but since it's already passed their working hours, and all the servers already crashed, we probably won't see experimental servers until tomorrow.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

I think what he means is that the latest "status" was from October 27th.

DayZ Development ‏@dayzdevteam  Oct 27

Service Status: DayZ Servers: Online.

Exp/Unstable Testing Branch: Offline.

So they still hope the most recent update (2 hours ago) about the experimental servers staying up until tomorrow still stands, but since it's already passed their working hours, and all the servers already crashed, we probably won't see experimental servers until tomorrow.

I'm not sure but I don't think that servers must be restarted manually after a crash

5 minutes ago, sas46 said:

I'm not sure but I don't think that servers must be restarted manually after a crash

maybe multiple crashing broke them down 

• Like 1

Guy's just calm Your tits :) Be patient.

• Like 1

If you look closer in the BI servers case, it says "Bohemia Interactive Seal Of Quality".

On 10/13/2016 at 5:35 PM, zemos (DayZ) said:
21 minutes ago, sas46 said:

Just to say: Shadowplay darkness is still a thing....

use alt tab then, fixed

3 minutes ago, Surviv0r1969 said:

use alt tab then, fixed

The only fix working right now is changing res to something else, put it back to your monitor best res and you fixed it

But when you alt+tab you have to re-do it

Really frustrating

Got a little bit of playtime today and those new gunshot sounds, specially in the distance sound awesome! I also like the fact that there are more infected now in general, so not only bound to the big cities but also the small towns.

My guess on the servers begin offline right now is because the server automatically restarts after a crash and after a certain number of crashes it stays down until they are manually restarted.

Also, is it just me or does the VoIP in-game not fade away from a distance? And I noticed sounds are quite low even though I have everything at maximum and still sounds low except for VoIP. I actually scared the crap out of someone when I heared some footsteps and said something because it's so loud compared to other sounds. To be honest the sounds of footsteps, doors opening, etc. are so low that I wouldn't hear someone coming in the same building where I'm in, that includes opening the door which is a big thing for me but will get fixed no doubt.

I like how you have to be stealthy now in smaller towns and taking your time to loot and go places really pays off as you will be not noticed by infected. The downside is that other surivors may see you lurking around which will be an interesting turn in gameplay.

I hope that the next iteration of 0.61 will be a good and stable patch where we can have longer game sessions, hopefully before the week-end, that would be great.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, IMT said:

Also, is it just me or does the VoIP in-game not fade away from a distance? And I noticed sounds are quite low even though I have everything at maximum and still sounds low except for VoIP. I actually scared the crap out of someone when I heared some footsteps and said something because it's so loud compared to other sounds. To be honest the sounds of footsteps, doors opening, etc. are so low that I wouldn't hear someone coming in the same building where I'm in, that includes opening the door which is a big thing for me but will get fixed no doubt.

I think we can assume that since it's first iteration of the new sound engine being implemented, that it's unbalanced, and that various sound effects will get proper directional, position and distance adjustments. 

There's still lots of sound effects that will be added too, as we still don't have fire sound fx, or other sounds for environments and manipulations. (crafting/harvesting)

5 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

I think we can assume that since it's first iteration of the new sound engine being implemented, that it's unbalanced, and that various sound effects will get proper directional, position and distance adjustments. 

There's still lots of sound effects that will be added too, as we still don't have fire sound fx, or other sounds for environments and manipulations. (crafting/harvesting)

That's what I assumed as well but I've read posts in this thread that people were complaining that certain sounds were too loud (i.e. the breathing sound) in contrary to my findings. The sounds of footsteps, environment and breathing are fine at the moment, perhaps the sound for footsteps should be a bit louder but the sounds of opening doors and other interaction sounds definitely need to be tweaked.

• Like 1

The improvised bow still rests horizontal rather than vertical. I appreciate that I'm in a minority here but I like to get a stone knife and bow combo up and running asap.

Edited by Dingobaby
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dingobaby said:

The improvised bow still rests horizontal rather than vertical. I appreciate that I'm in a minority here but I like to get a stone knife and bow combo up and running asap.

22 minutes ago, Dingobaby said:

I think that they won't fix it until the new player controller is in

2 hours ago, IMT said:

That's what I assumed as well but I've read posts in this thread that people were complaining that certain sounds were too loud (i.e. the breathing sound) in contrary to my findings. The sounds of footsteps, environment and breathing are fine at the moment, perhaps the sound for footsteps should be a bit louder but the sounds of opening doors and other interaction sounds definitely need to be tweaked.

Might be that they've just been playing with the female character. The female character's breathing sound has been way too loud for as long as I can remember, and it was that way also last time I tried the experimental, which was last thursday.

Edited by Exorade
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Exorade said:

Might be that they've just been playing with the female character. The female character's breathing sound has been way too loud for as long as I can remember, and it was that way also last time I tried the experimental, which was last thursday.

That may have been my problem  I don't recall ever playing as a female character before, but my episodes with the heavy breathing were the ones in which I joined as a chick.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

That may have been my problem  I don't recall ever playing as a female character before, but my episodes with the heavy breathing were the ones in which I joined as a chick.

Oh so many jokes here :)
But good catch if its the case.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, IMT said:

My guess on the servers begin offline right now is because the server automatically restarts after a crash and after a certain number of crashes it stays down until they are manually restarted.

Something like that.

EXP servers are offline. Thank you for your help and feedback guys! 

Edited by Baty Alquawen
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, sas46 said:

The only fix working right now is changing res to something else, put it back to your monitor best res and you fixed it

But when you alt+tab you have to re-do it

Really frustrating

i use it all the time so not the only fix, press and hold alt, tap tab once, then when winodow pops up tab back to dayz and release alt....done

• Like 1