boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Wait for it...

ONCE AGAIN - BE AWARE THAT 0.59 STABLE UPDATE BRINGS A COMPLETE AND TOTAL WIPE OF CHARACTERS, ITEMS, AND SERVER DATA!

Changelog coming soon™.

Keep it clean, keep it tidy...

Topic will be cleaned.

• Like 16

It was a fun 0.59 experience branch test - looking forward to next one and hopefully a new exp branch patch near christmas, hopefully!  ^_^

i have the newui enabled because i have 10fps with the old UI on my highend pc XD 

don't know if the new ui is the reason, but i cant put trousers or sweaters and so on on my body, nothing works , no double click no drag to upper right corner no draging to char pic....

GOT IT FIGURES OUT IT JUST DID NOT DISPLAY THE CLOTHES I SPAWNED WITH CORECTLY SO I COULDNT PUT ANYTHING ELSE ON

GOT IT FIGURES OUT IT JUST DID NOT DISPLAY THE CLOTHES I SPAWNED WITH CORECTLY SO I COULDNT PUT ANYTHING ELSE ON

Yeah, it was a bug in experimental 0.59 using the -newui. You need to log out and log back in for the inventory to appear.

Overall I enjoyed the experimental 0.59, but pushing it to stable wasn't a great idea as there is some serious issues still roaming...

You can't use the old ui to interact with vehicles, and the -newui is still all over the place with poor design and questionable functionality. I tested it out on every exp builds and it always was terrible...   :(

That's just my opinion, but since I'm the one behind the screen trying to play the game, it makes the whole experience a chore and it's very annoying.

Of course, it's all just a work in progress, I know that, but in reality, in the present, it makes DayZ almost unplayable for me at the moment... 

Edit: One of the worst part of the -newui is the absence of status update. You don't know if you're hydrated, energized or even healthy.  If there was no text messages at the bottom left, there would be no ways at all to know what your character needs, and when he needs it...

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 5

So. . . Who's ready for .60 Experimental after the Holidays? xD

In the mean time, I feel like being a dastardly axe-killer! HERE'S JOHNNY! Hehe.

There are no zombies yet, are there?

.59 Experimental had Infected. - So, yes, they should be back!

Note, they're still working on populations and the AI, itself, so they won't be all Dawn of Dead on you or anything hehe.

Looking for confirmation that the following issues are either FIXED or NOT FIXED as of today's Stable update:

* Barrel with holes despawns after 30 minutes (not being counted as persistent)
* Cooking Pots filled with water cannot be stored inside another container
* Drinking from a cooking pot with an item in it will get you fully hydrated
* Emptying a vessel such as a Canteen is not always successful
* Players using a Walkie-Talkie may be heard all over the map even after you have dropped your own radio. Solved by logging out and logging back in
* Reloading weapons
** Some weapons do not have a reloading animation
** Various issues with the actual process of reloading
* Scopes on weapons may appear to have missing textures when looking through them
* Vehicles may move on their own when parts are removed from them
* While harvesting fruits/vegetables grown via horticulture, they may disappear if you do not have room for them in your inventory

Seems like the walkie-talkie issue may be fixed, but I still keep throwing mine away immediately when I spawn to avoid the issue. I also haven't noticed any problems with reloading on any weapon that I've used recently in 0.59, but I may have simply not been using any of the "broken" ones.
Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

I had no idea it was popping up agian. Guess its time to switch to stable.

I'm repairing a car in Cherno. Only had to kill 2 people so far... Refreshing to be back on stable, where words are bullets and many questions are asked ;)

I had the bug with stuff sticking to one hand again:

2015-12-10_00007_zpskh7uxdxh.jpg

I re-logged and the guy I killed looked like this - duckface, I guess (or it's an Adrien Brody impression):

2015-12-10_00005_zpsfaypstoh.jpg

There is  bus here, too. If anyone wants to help, PM me, I'll take break now. Need 3 more wheels and the offroad is ready to go. It's an EU server, 3p. 

Also: how do you take off clothes when next to a person? There is no way to drag it anywhere except his inventory. I had to step away to drop anything on the ground.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 7

Me and my two mates have already had a fantastic time so far. Killed 2 people who attempted to kill us, fully gunned up and dressed as police. Fantastic.

• Like 1

Looking for confirmation that the following issues are either FIXED or NOT FIXED as of today's Stable update:

* Barrel with holes despawns after 30 minutes (not being counted as persistent)
* Cooking Pots filled with water cannot be stored inside another container
* Drinking from a cooking pot with an item in it will get you fully hydrated
* Emptying a vessel such as a Canteen is not always successful
* Players using a Walkie-Talkie may be heard all over the map even after you have dropped your own radio. Solved by logging out and logging back in
* Reloading weapons
** Some weapons do not have a reloading animation
** Various issues with the actual process of reloading
* Scopes on weapons may appear to have missing textures when looking through them
* While harvesting fruits/vegetables grown via horticulture, they may disappear if you do not have room for them in your inventory

Seems like the walkie-talkie issue may be fixed, but I still keep throwing mine away immediately when I spawn to avoid the issue. I also haven't noticed any problems with reloading on any weapon that I've used recently in 0.59, but I may have simply not been using any of the "broken" ones.

Will be on tonight testing these things out. I can report what I find here or if I see you on TS we can tag team it! 

• Like 1

Autobots roll out. 

• Like 2

Will be on tonight testing these things out. I can report what I find here or if I see you on TS we can tag team it! 

Still an open invitation on that TS, now that experimental has closed?

ok this is weird.  I found a sedan with everything except tires, with a zombie on the roof - it probably belonged to a friendly guy I ran into nearby.  the engine was running (wasting gas tsk tsk tsk) so I got in and turned it off.  and when I got out I got glitch-killed.  black screen, the "you are dead" message, etc..  but the respawn option was grayed out...  so I relogged and I was ALIVE with everything intact...

when I came back and I was alive I wasn't in the exact same spot though - I was by a nearby house.  so it might've been some positional desync thing.  I only had ~70 ping though.

Edited by Red_Ensign

Do you need a tool to remove wheels from a car? I'm trying to remove a wheel from an Offroad and put it on my more fixed up one, but I don't know how to remove it.

Do you need a tool to remove wheels from a car? I'm trying to remove a wheel from an Offroad and put it on my more fixed up one, but I don't know how to remove it.

Lug wrench or new UI.

You need the lugwrench in your hands and then it will prompt "remove tire" when you are looking at the tire. It even works with old UI, but I'm not sure you can remove the battery + sparkplug with old UI. 

---Dayz One---

I managed to repair that car with the help of another guy (SkullyBarebones). That was epic fun, though at first I thought the tire repair kits don't spawn. When we finally found one, we each found one at the same time ~ within 30 seconds. Then we returned to the barrels with our wheels in them and one of them was gone. Clearly glitched away, as I had restarted and nothing else was missing from the barrel. After we finally got the last wheel only one of us could enter the car at the same time. Only after we both relogged it worked, but not quite, because to me it looked like this:

2015-12-11_00005_zpsnzzf9sdc.jpg

He was sitting in the back though and said he had no problems, even desync wasn't an issue. I also didn't see the last wheel:

2015-12-11_00001_zpspgjqn1fy.jpg

(we took off wheels in order to be able to get in - weird as that may sound)

Bad about the new UI is that you can't make it disappear with backspace like you could with the old UI. So when you're driving you always have the menu flickering and " to passenger's seat" prompt in front of you:

2015-12-11_00002_zpsmw87klbq.jpg

I had to shoot three people in total, the last one was an MP5 fight, because the guy had been looting Skully + took his gun. I just arrived there in time to find him sprinting around the corner and right at me. When we were looking for the last tire, two buses drove past us at snail's speed on the main road in Cherno. I was glad they didn't see us and didn't want to cause them any trouble either. 

So, there were a couple of glitches and if you have trouble getting in the car with your friend, you might both have to relog. However, the overall experience was good, very lag-free for us and a good driving experience. The dashboard texture keeps glitching away, but you can still see the dials working and switching between 1p and 3p will fix that. Tomorrow, Skully and I will play together and hopefully do more riding than repairing. Took us 4 hours to get the car together. Would have been half of that, were there more rep-kits; at least we found them in the end. 

ok this is weird.  I found a sedan with everything except tires, with a zombie on the roof - it probably belonged to a friendly guy I ran into nearby.  the engine was running (wasting gas tsk tsk tsk) so I got in and turned it off.  and when I got out I got glitch-killed.  black screen, the "you are dead" message, etc..  but the respawn option was grayed out...  so I relogged and I was ALIVE with everything intact...

Same thing happened to Skully, who decided it was a good idea to get out of the car, while I was reversing (we tried with damaged tires out of desperation). He also came back to nearly the same spot, despite getting the death message. Weird, but good in a way, because the way cars can glitch it'd be a shame to get killed so easily.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

had an interesting session tonight. Are the health icons working for you guys 'cuz mine aren't. They don't even show up so I started the evening by thinking I would roll back to .58 and then re-install 59 to maybe bring the icons back. I found I couldn't roll back because .59 was now stable. OK I will play anyway. I had great frame rates and almost no desync. All my barrels with days of collecting good stuff were gone so I decided to 'hit the rode' so to speak. I saw no other players or animals until later in the evening when I saw a couple of guys raiding the barracks near Kabanino. They came out of the barracks compound and headed north to a small shed where they just stood around for a few minutes. I don't have a long rifle or scope and wouldn't have used it if I had...just not my style. The dudes headed up to Kabanino and probably to the NW airfield. I wish them luck. Some glitches I found were that on re-logging and not having my compass in the hotbar I could still hit the hotbar number the compass used to be and bring it up, only the compass was dark and the surface unreadable. I would have to put the compass into the hotbar again and then it would light up. Finally got a 'you are heating up message' while sprinting. No hunger or thirst messages though I was able to forage for food and drink along the way so probably kept those levels up.