boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Couple hours ago I was east of the NWAF and saw black heli smoke on my side of the airfield. Excitedly run towards it while looking around. Look back at it after a few seconds, smiling to myself, and the damn thing disappeared!

Just now ran from Novy Sobor to the fields above Stary hoping to find another heli. Sure enough I see a non-smoking chopper, make it there and get rewarded with a VSS Vintorez sporting a pristine PSO-1! "Hell yeah! I better run back to camp and store the Mosin + the extra 14 rounds, keep this baby on me, head back here and see if any VSS mags have spawned." My camp's near Novy Sobor so it's a 10 minute run there and back, max. I run back, lo and behold, the damn thing disappeared! xD

I'll say it again. IDK if I love to hate this game or hate to love it, but I'm hooked either way.

Loving this release. Thanks again for the hard work, guys. I mean the devs and all you guys (and gals) who report bugs.

But what about the zombies!?

They're in. Mostly in cities. There is a lot in cherno.

They're in. Mostly in cities. There is a lot in cherno.

Also myskino tent city, i accidentally shot my rak and got surrounded by almost 20 infected. They beat my ass up and I had to waste all of my ammo to get out of there.

• Like 3

loose ammo still seems to spawn with the max amount (it did that in exp).  found piles of 30 loose .357 and 40 loose .45 rounds.

in-game voice chat works now.  a few people, me included, could never get that to work (I'd seriously heard only 2 people speak in 2 years of playing), and now in .59 it just magically works.

got a winchester and a box of ammo.  going deer hunting tomorrow.

Lug wrench or new UI.

Can we remove battery and sparkplugs with small wrench or screwdriver (old UI) ?

Spawning in at 3 Valleys, I knew finding this right off the bat was a good sign.

BE7LK1B.jpg

This guy did not see the promise in a 3 Valleys spawn.

8iSOCbY.jpg

ColdAtrophy and I met up near Berezino and began the work on the bus.

Soon, Girth Brooks arrived ready to pitch in and stuck a flare to something.

EVpjW5Y.jpg

ggJ4xni.jpg

iUc9lf4.jpg

In fairly short order we had her on the road, sailing along.

JVV78ri.jpg

VFqPWie.jpg

Evan, a regular in the Jungle TS3 was our first lucky passenger on a scenic and disease filled romp!

sFBY26m.jpg

As we rush to meet The Riddler he tells us that he had some infected trapped in a church, so Cold and I decide that we should cleanse the town and kick off an infected blood orgy!

Of course, after getting hit I stitched with a pristine sewing kit and wouldn't you know, I still got infected....

RWdUYDm.jpg

It seems this stable build has more infected (but in the same places) than the Experimental version.

There were infected streaming in from all directions, 3 of the 5 of us had functioning firearms at this time and ammo was not in great abundance.

We slaughtered many and handled things well considering the unforeseen onslaught.

Differentiating between infected and players was not easy in the low light conditions but we managed to exercise trigger discipline and there was no friendly fire.

dIJ4v6I.jpg

MRfNhW0.jpg

My vision blurred as the infection from stitching set in and Cold led me about to as many medical hot spots as possible.

Our new friend Evan made it to the blue med center first and found a single dose of antibiotic which I wolfed down.

CFa96c1.jpg

vR80AqR.jpg

A single dose was enough to remove the text messages and stop the infection but the sick status stayed for quite a while as I healed.

We searched for more antibiotics fighting infected most of the way but once I was healing>healthy again I was no longer worried and had a feeling that time would heal the rest of sick status (which it did).

Here you see one friend getting bandaged by another and myself getting the bloodbag from The Riddler.

5uSMs1K.jpg

QKjRfPd.jpg

People needed food after our battles so Cold planted some pumpkins. At some point around this time, emuthreat joined us.

rowclol.jpg

rcru7AE.jpg

WFtMGDi.jpg

Driving along to our next destination and Cold gets a random DC that kills him.

Vq0BLZX.jpg

I only managed to stash a small portion of his gear and then everything despawned. :(

Brooks drove us to find the Sedan and we found 2!

INWkx6r.jpg

We stripped one and searched the surrounding sheds and before long.... our second vehicle was up and running.

ZnsXTLl.jpg

d7A0DnT.jpg

OgdnYbN.jpg

Another regular from the Jungle TS3 joined up around this time, Barbarosa.

This whole time Cold and I were stashing barrels with ammo and mags and trying to get he beginnings of a camp going in a spot emu likes.

Now we had a nice barrel stash and 2 sweet rides.

d71RSqH.jpg

JEBOu0f.jpg

Brooks logged off for a break and we decided to check on some loot stashes we had not far off.

Car troubles start not too far into the journey.

JK238Ex.jpg

And we managed to jam it under a small fence.

MP8Aea1.jpg

I logged off (not before checking a random shed and getting an olive m65) and began uploading pics when Cold contacted me to let me know a server restart had fixed the car, minus 1 wheel.

I logged back in and Cold found a tire in a nearby shed.

As he finally drove back to the stash area Brooks returned and then we met him back at the camp.

Cold had another technical issue and signed off and then Brooks hid the sedan and drove off to stash the bus after giving me the spark plug to log out with.

F7F3raA.jpg

More good times but tons of bugs and borkeded awfulness too.

Looking anxiously forward to .60.  :D

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 11

Also myskino tent city, i accidentally shot my rak and got surrounded by almost 20 infected. They beat my ass up and I had to waste all of my ammo to get out of there.

As it should be. If only devs make heli crash sites to spawn zeds as well!!

• Like 1

I also noticed a battleeye issue in the latest experimental patch - u sometimes get random kicked off the server due to the battleeye not responding. 

• Like 1

Little to no zombies or I'm just unlucky?

Same here (NO zombies, actually) - are you playing on a private hive? Is it possible that they are not configured for zombies yet?

Almost got a sedan working,just need a spark plug :) So far i get better fps with the new UI ! 

Has anyone had any luck finding a tent yet? Searched Berezino and Cherno Apt buildings, every room and still no luck!

snip

Are you trying to say that you found a fully working bus as soon as you spawned? I thought they spawn with random stuff on them and you need to work on it to get one working.

Same here (NO zombies, actually) - are you playing on a private hive? Is it possible that they are not configured for zombies yet?

Public.

Well.........been craving a dayz fix in a post apoc dump waste land...I hate admit it, I have been missing DayZ lately.....I think it might be time to come back and play and give this .59 stable a look. Looks like there's some cool new adds.

• Like 1

Did the new update is here? Cuz yesterday all servers was top only experimental and my friend tell me to make the game on experimental cuz the update is coming?

loose ammo still seems to spawn with the max amount (it did that in exp).  found piles of 30 loose .357 and 40 loose .45 rounds.

in-game voice chat works now.  a few people, me included, could never get that to work (I'd seriously heard only 2 people speak in 2 years of playing), and now in .59 it just magically works.

got a winchester and a box of ammo.  going deer hunting tomorrow.

Voice chat has been working since release. At least for me and a lot of the people I've met. Not all though, but I figured they were just douches not wanting to talk.

• Like 1

Funny, how it is quieter on this forum than on the experimental one. You'd think people would appreciate all the great updates more and write about their experiences. Show the devs some love, guys! They did good on this one.

Yes, there are problems with it, but try to look at what you're getting, not at what you're wanting. This is a good update with a lot of potential to have fun with. I hope the weekend will see some more activity here. 60 Million people bought the game - a dozen share their experience about it? C'mon, don't be lazy! Let's hear your story. Take some screenshots! Forget about Twitch and the always same KoS-Streams. Make your own story - surprise us! Holidays in Dayz - here we come! 

Also to the guys complaining about no zombies - I've seen plenty in Cherno, but since me and others were running around there, they tend to get killed ;) I guess your best chances to see the most of them, is either after a server restart, or in regions off the coast that are not so heavily travelled. It's weird you didn't see any though. There seem to be quite a lot. But they are not the reason to play the game now, *cough: cars!* 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

OK so 4 hours solely searching for a tent in the apt buildings (ill admit, i did a fair bit of hopping to keep searching!) and no luck, not one! Just a heads up to anyone who is planning to pick one up.

I think they should spawn more frequently over barrels as they are near impossible to hide and are huge. Hopefully they will add them back in a future patch.

• Like 1

OK so 4 hours solely searching for a tent in the apt buildings (ill admit, i did a fair bit of hopping to keep searching!) and no luck, not one! Just a heads up to anyone who is planning to pick one up.

I think they should spawn more frequently over barrels as they are near impossible to hide and are huge. Hopefully they will add them back in a future patch.

After getting swarmed by zeds in Myshkino tent city and a lot of blood loss I ended up drinking from a pond and getting Cholera because of my weakened state.  In experimental I remembered seeing antibiotics in the same tenement buildings that spawn the tents, so I made my way to Novaya Petrovka.  After searching all 5 tenements there I finally found my antibiotics in the last one. In the process I saw about 12 civilian tents, 1 military tent and 2 car tents. 

It's possible that you're looking in the wrong building type.  It should be the short apartment tenement building (the 5 story one not the 10 story one).  

It's also possible that the particular block of buildings you're investigating isn't spawning them correctly, you might want to try a different city.

I've had my best luck finding tents in Novaya Petrovka and the north-western-most block of tenements in Novod.

edit: short tenement pic

3xy7zV3.jpg

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 8

Voice chat has been working since release. At least for me and a lot of the people I've met. Not all though, but I figured they were just douches not wanting to talk.

yeah just hasn't worked for me almost at all.  tried everything people suggested, and nothing.  I've seen mentions of other people having the same problem, just not very many.  but it's awesome that it works now, however that happened.

Are you trying to say that you found a fully working bus as soon as you spawned? I thought they spawn with random stuff on them and you need to work on it to get one working.

-snip-

In my post I said Brooks was "pitching in".

This implied that the truck needed work.

I found it needing a double wheel, a regular wheel, and a glow plug.

• Like 2

Me and Dudester got a bus running last night - for the sole purpose of flipping over the Lada that I rolled  :rolleyes:  

My Chernarus driver's license is now on suspension since I recently managed to roll a bus over too...

(BTW using a bus to flip over a Lada *does* work)

Questions about the bus wheels:  Every set of dual rear wheels that we found were in Damaged condition and we couldn't repair them?  

All front wheels we found were either pristine or could be repaired. Did you guys have the same experience, or was it just bad luck?

• Like 3

Someone must have brought these other wheels there, or do vehicles actually spawn in different states now? In Experimental I only found them without tires, unless someone else had been working on assembling them. Would be interesting, if they actually spawned with 1 or more wheels now. Also - does the hatchback ever come with a hood, or is that just not in yet? Our car has everything except a hood and the other two hatchbacks I saw didn't have one either. It's weird, because the sedan has a hood and all, so I wonder what that's about.

Edited by S3V3N

After getting swarmed by zeds in Myshkino tent city and a lot of blood loss I ended up drinking from a pond and getting Cholera because of my weakened state.  In experimental I remembered seeing antibiotics in the same tenement buildings that spawn the tents, so I made my way to Novaya Petrovka.  After searching all 5 tenements there I finally found my antibiotics in the last one. In the process I saw about 12 civilian tents, 1 military tent and 2 car tents. 

It's possible that you're looking in the wrong building type.  It should be the short apartment tenement building (the 5 story one not the 10 story one).  

It's also possible that the particular block of buildings you're investigating isn't spawning them correctly, you might want to try a different city.

I've had my best luck finding tents in Novaya Petrovka and the north-western-most block of tenements in Novod.

edit: short tenement pic

3xy7zV3.jpg

Cheers for the tip, ill try Novaya petrovka for them. Yeah have been looking in the shorter apt buildings, and in exp .59 i always found more than i could carry after 5 mins. 

I tried berizino for about 30 mins and either got shot by the only other chap on the server or died to a glitch!  :( Then i tried Cherno for the rest of the time! It very well could have been my bad luck! Anyway it was Dubky Apts, the long stack of 5-6 and the ones adjacent that i searched for ages, so I wouldn't bother heading there unless your a scavenging wizard!

• Like 1