boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Anyone know how to use tire repair kits? ive tried puttting them in hand and using on tires on the ground, tried the drag and drop method but nothing ... Any help? damaged tires are making the car spin!

I was able to use them when the tire was removed from the car, on the ground in front of me, and I had the kit in my hands. I had a scroll wheel option that said "repair tire."

The problem I find usually arises not in the repairing, but in having the game update the status. When you repair the tire it doesn't update the status of the tire until you attach it back on the car, or do something with it. Once you put it back on the car, you will likely find that it is pristine. 

A friend of mine insist you can do with the tire still attached. Not sure but worth a try. 

haven't tried the wrong blood type but I spawned in .59 as an O-neg (my blood works on everybody).  I need to fill some bags so if you wanna meet me to do that I'll give you a couple of the full bags.  I have a blood test too in case you wanna verify I'm not poisoning you for science.  message me.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm actually interested in only what happens when you get a random bloodbag (not your type, not from universal donor). In theory the person should die. I wonder if different bloodtypes and getting sick/dead from transfusion is actually a thing,yet. I'm gonna get more into the medical equipment and try out what each thing does. What does a defibrillator do, e.g. when you use it on someone who isn't unconscious or just died. What do we acually need these vials for that you can use with a syringe? Yesterday I ate an 8 pack of antibiotics. Not sure what that does, either ^^

This stable is still quite "experimental" to me. I read about a lot of these items on the Wiki when I started playing, but since I never used any of it, I forgot.The only medicine I used successfully are charcoal tabs.  Now it seems you can actually get sick faster and we definitely eat and drink more often than a few patches ago. I just wanna get into all the medical stuff and see if it's worth using some more often. I'd also dig it if you could knock out infected, tie them up and steal their blood for sneaky transfusions ^^ Then you could just watch as the other person starts losing control and you could possibly handcuff him somewhere or to someone else that you kocked out. Why can't we handcuff people to stuff? That's something I really would like!  

I was able to use them when the tire was removed from the car, on the ground in front of me, and I had the kit in my hands. I had a scroll wheel option that said "repair tire."

The problem I find usually arises not in the repairing, but in having the game update the status. When you repair the tire it doesn't update the status of the tire until you attach it back on the car, or do something with it. Once you put it back on the car, you will likely find that it is pristine. 

A friend of mine insist you can do with the tire still attached. Not sure but worth a try. 

Your friend is wrong. It only works on the ground. About the status not changing - as soon as I pick up the wheel after using the kit it says "pristine". It just doesn't change status as long as it's sitting on the ground; you have to move it. Once you know, you don't even check any more. 

Edited by S3V3N

I want to shoot priest zombies again. :(

Dis you play Arma2 Origins mod? There are some of best zombie models.

Played a bit this afternoon. Being a passenger in the Offroad still causes tremendous lag, I also had a crash when switching between 1st and 3rd person views, resulting in a persistent black screen, I had to reboot since computer was unresponsive. I'm using the new ui by the way, still gives me better frames than the old one.

Anyone else seeing their servers crashing every 20 minutes- or maybe not crashing but booting everyone from battleye disconnect? Happening a lot on our server- every 20 minutes or so. 

This a game thing? Server thing? I'm not sure if it's reportable or not. 

Well, this is speculation, wheras we know that Vilayer servers have persistence off for some reason. So it's more likely that's the problem than any admin abuse. To be honest, I don't even think admins can influence things like persistence. Even if they could, I'm pretty sure those on the server I played on wouldn't do it. It's been a good server in the past when other servers suffered from sudden restarts, so the admins could lock them up and go looting for themselves. 

I'm just puzzed there is no update on the problem. I'm discouraged to play tonight, because of it. I might go back to playing on experimental servers. Since they have a different hive, I should still have my gear, just the camps will be gone. 

Hmm, it seems Fragnet's 1PP servers don't have persistence either. 

Either this, or the few players (Max of 10 per day...) that are on have ESP hacks...

I've hidden barrels, ammo boxes and protective cases at various spots, very hidden (I used those spots during 0.58, and for 6 weeks my caches were not found, even on high traffic servers.) and they all seem to vanish after a few hours.

I've tested it earlier today. Placed a barrel with a  few things in it at a discreet, far away and well hidden area. After 2 hours, without other players joining (maybe 2 server hoppers) the barrel was gone.

Just a safe warning, 1PP Fragnet servers don't have persistence ON.

• Like 2

Dis you play Arma2 Origins mod? There are some of best zombie models.

I only played Vanilla 1PP mod. But we had priest zombies there too...

-snip-

Just a safe warning, 1PP Fragnet servers don't have persistence ON.

Damn.

Those are usually decent servers for me.

Thanks for the warning.

• Like 2

Damn.

Those are usually decent servers for me.

Thanks for the warning.

For me too, thus my disappointment when I found out. At first I thought someone might have found my barrel, but after I placed 3 protective cases, 1 ammo box and another barrel at various locations, some very far, and saw that only 2 hours (maybe less...) after they were gone, while the server remained empty, I knew something was up.

For me too, thus my disappointment when I found out. At first I thought someone might have found my barrel, but after I placed 3 protective cases, 1 ammo box and another barrel at various locations, some very far, and saw that only 2 hours (maybe less...) after they were gone, while the server remained empty, I knew something was up.

One of my regular servers back from when I played 0.58 is persistent. I've seen the car turned into North-East as all vehicles seem to do (I think they don't do it when in a car tent, will have to try). It's good to check servers you played on in the past and that were reliable then. It's really hard to say why this is happening with some servers, so I'd be inclined to let the matter rest, until we get an answer from the official side (either devs or providers). A word of warning about it can't be wrong, though. It's a good idea to pitch a tent or set up a barrel over night and see if it is still there later. It also seems to me like servers restart more often than every 12 hours (6 perhaps?), so maybe you're lucky and the server restarts while you are playing. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Not sure if this has been talked about...invisible zombies, maybe. I killed a zombie in Cherno, was standing next to the body, and started getting hit by...NOTHING! There were zombie sounds, but no zombie. It even chased me. I would run a ways, stop, start getting hit again. And they still come through closed doors. I'm just glad they are back. Was on a Gameservers public server.

Can anyone help. I've bought a server from vilayer. The servers saying active on the website but I can't seem to find it on dayz. Does it take time to go live or is there something I need to do. Cheers

I only played Vanilla 1PP mod. But we had priest zombies there too...

Priest zombies is from vanilla mod. Origins has zombies without hand, fireman zombies, velder zombies, grandma zombies, zeds with knife or axe in head or back, one has bear trap on leg, one has goat head in hand!?. I wish we have that variety in SA.
  • Like 1

If you're joining a German server as an American you are messing up everyone else's ping. So these good old admins have my full sympathy and understanding. Why would you even want to join a German server, if you are in the US? Unless I misunderstood that and you actually are in Europe. 

I am from germany and had to play on us server becouse i dont get kicked there. And now i got a even better kick rate 37 kicks in 42 connects.

Priest zombies is from vanilla mod. Origins has zombies without hand, fireman zombies, velder zombies, grandma zombies, zeds with knife or axe in head or back, one has bear trap on leg, one has goat head in hand!?. I wish we have that variety in SA.

More variety is good, but you will never see zeds with missing parts or weapons stuck in their head in SA because these aren't undead zombies.

• Like 2

I am from germany and had to play on us server becouse i dont get kicked there. And now i got a even better kick rate 37 kicks in 42 connects.

Perhaps something is wrong with your internet, or too many people are on one line? I just played for 4 consecutive hours and didn't ever drop out of the server or had any lag problems. The stable server is actually smoother than the experimental was for me. I'm also from Germany ;)

----

There are small changes made that go a long way! In the hatchback, I no longer see the flickering "go to passenger seat" all the time when I drive. There were other small improvements I noticed, but I forgot them over the events of the day:

2015-12-12_00029_zpsirj5cdpc.jpg

I started out by getting a car tent to try if the car would turn inside after restarts. On the way back to my car, I noticed a guy was very close to me, trying to find cover in a bush. Except his giant backpack stuck out a mile. I talked to him ("Hi, how are you? Wanna talk?") The reply was a shotgun shot that ruined my pants and boots, but did nothing else. I pitched the tent between us to get to my gun and took cover in the tent. I tried talking to him once more, but he didn't reply, so I went outside and wasted him. Forgot to take screenshots/check pulse, because I wasn't sure he was alone (server was ~30 people at that time).

I then got my car and put the tent inside - good to know car tents fit in the inventory (military tents don't):

2015-12-12_00030_zpsunnhfea9.jpg

Then I went to my camp and set up the cartent on a nearly perfectly even surface. I put the car inside:

2015-12-12_00031_zpsp9zb1kd8.jpg

I went out to hunt, but couldn't find any deer near the lakes in the area and when I returned the car looked like this:

2015-12-13_00003_zpsky4edtrv.jpg

(It continued to move even further down when I left the immediate area again...)

I couldn't believe it moved by itself and I scouted the area. Soon I saw a guy very close to my tents and gave him a headshot. I made sure the area was clear and found that guy's camp (2 barrels and a tent).

2015-12-13_00006_zpsmnj2kc6g.jpg

I then returned to him and couldn't loot him. 

2015-12-13_00005_zpsulprjmjn.jpg

(this was when I shot him and I could still loot him, a few minutes later all I could to there was "search for sticks"; it might be his body also sliddown the hill, but was still showing where I shot him)

I had a military tent on the back, so I couldn't take anything anyway and I left his camp intact and took only 20 bullets. Since the car was stuck, I had to chop the tree behind it to get it out and relocate my next camp. I parked again.

2015-12-13_00014_zpszwj8a8rw.jpg

Then I noticed there was another camp, practically right next to where I made mine (again!!!) and cursed myself for having that kind of bad luck all in one day:

2015-12-13_00018_zpsgjxfb3va.jpg

I went to the nearest town and looked for some paper and a pen and wrote them a note:

2015-12-13_00016_zps3kfz7mcs.jpg

When I returned to my car, it looked like this:

2015-12-13_00017_zpshr3yeyzf.jpg

So I feel a little bit sorry about killing that second guy. It seems like my car just slid off by itself and I thought he had tried taking it and crashed it in the process. It seems like the tents need some kind of foundation to make sure the car stays leveled. Apparently, as soon as you leave an area they start sliding around, unless they are on perfectly even ground; I had chosen almost completely flat ground for the cartent in the first place (at the first location), but that didn't keep it from sliding. 

It was good fun, I'm sad that my black cargo pants got ruined by some shotgun hobo again, but what can I do? Overall this is already quite different from experimental, where people wouldn't usually bother with setting up camp everywhere. I'm curious, if I can get along with my neighbors, but I hope for the best. The looting with new UI needs to be adressed, because first of all it is impossible to drag anything onto the ground, so you have to strip yourself first to take other's gear, and it can't be I cannot access the body after I went out of a 50 meter radius and return. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 8

Did somebody actually try out yet what happens when you use the wrong blood type in a transfusion? I've seen the bloodtype-table on the wiki, but I wonder if that's actually already working or if any type of blood will heal you.   

I got a B+ on my on my most recent test.  Dudester was nice enough to make me a bag of my own somewhat-poorly compatible blood, so I can carry it around and see if I can manage a hostile situation well enough to dole-out some reverse-vampire street justice.  I'll post the results if I can produce any.

• Like 4

It's weird - I just realized that for an entire month, I played nothing else but Dayz :) Not a minute of any other game. First the experimental version gave me so many laughs and I tried a lot of different things (including roleplaying, which I usually don't do). Then the cars gave me a whole new opportunity at meeting players and chatting. Hunting and fishing was fun. Meeting strangers and getting along was great! And finally, I love(d) building silly camps in churches, gyms and in barns. I also like how seemingly the only thing that can kill me at the moment are bugs. Someday it will be bears and wolves and there will be no more bugs. 

I know a lot of people who play the Dayz mods look down on the game - I was one of them for a long time. But they really have to give it time, learn to live with the bugs for now and help squashing them! I think I have not clocked a similar amount of time on any other game, except maybe Arma II with all its mods. And these forums are a really interesting place to come read and chat at. I'm just overdoing it a bit right now, but that's because I know I'll be off for the Christmas holidays soon and will have no more Dayz for a while. Strange as it may sound, the zombie apocalypse has become one of the most relaxing things in my life and I sometimes just take a breath and observe the beauty around me, while I stroll through the wild looking for new encounters. It really doesn't get dull. It's almost too odd.      

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

^^ I started playing Fallout 4 the other day, after about 2 days of playing I still came back to DayZ. I just didn't find it as enjoyable. It's probably the interactions with other real people online...then again I'll go days without seeing anyone sometimes and still find the game to be mostly positive and better than Fallout. Different, but still better.

• Like 2

Met up with quite a few people from the forums tonight in a 1PP server and even got chauffeured around a bit in a Sedan (thanks guys!). The experience was remarkably smooth for once, with mostly normal operation save for getting stuck in a ditch, which was remedied pretty quickly. I'm rather impressed. Didn't see ANY animals today though, in contrast to yesterday.

There were quite a few people in and out of the chat, so I apologize if I miss any names, but I believe I was with Dudester, GaryWalnuts, igor-vk, emuthreat, Girth Brooks, and ColdAtrophy. Who else was in the chat with us? :)

Had a little fun with lights at the Stary Sobor tents:

pYYXiZH.jpg
EwSTE5S.jpg
cQK2jR0.jpg

Stopped for water in Stary Sobor before heading onward, taking time to admire the new sounds for the SVD:

9boCzH3.jpg
CqVq2i7.jpg

...and finally, some time at camp:

59164YA.jpg
TiD992r.jpg
YxIfz2S.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 8

Took a cruise around the map, looking for more vehicles with Brooks, and then met up With Tatanko, Dudester, Gary Walnuts, Biohaze, and Cold Atrophy.  Had a little rendezvous in Stary, and then went to go refuel the Lada and recover a sedan that was left stuck yesterday.  The results were as close as possible to being disastrous, without loss of life or limb..

This version is nowhere near ready for stable.  Those vehicles were so difficult to get running back in experimental, that we never got enough time to find all the things that go wrong with them when they are in the same immediate area.  Performance drops significantly, and controls become almost unusable when you get near another working vehicle.

Tonight, Brooks and I had a bad time of it trying to use a Lada to recover a Sedan that had slid into a rail yesterday.  The rail fence was passing right through the back seat area of the sedan.  I rammed it a time or two, got stuck and unstuck, and then started getting a terrible bug that would make my screen go black, and all sound turn off.  I got it to fix video a couple times by tabbing out, but there was no regaining use of the scroll wheel options, or the vehicle; best I could do was to brake and steer blind.  After I stopped recording this video, the Lada got far enough down the hill and away from the stuck sedan, that I regained control and got all of my audio and video back again.

Today had so many major vehicle problems.  It was utterly demoralizing.   PLEASE add a tow truck, and make these vehicles' learn to play well together.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 3

I keep getting "No Message received for X seconds" along with a myriad of bugs with weapons. For example, sometimes my gun will get stuck in one hand, and the MP5 in my backpack goes on my back whenever I relog, so I have to mess around with the UI to put my Winchester on my back and my MP5 in my backpack.

Also, zeds are basically God in this update.

While 0.59 is far better than any of the updates we've had recently (I.e. 0.57 and .58), I feel like it's been rushed.

• Like 1

Compared to first build with V3S, this is great. But still lot of space for improving. I hope we get more vehicles more often now that there are foundations.

I didn't have problems with duplicating items last night, but Tatanko did.

• Like 2

can anyone confirm that cooked meat is safe in this build?  I bagged myself a boar but don't wanna test it for science.

• Like 1

I didn't have problems with duplicating items last night, but Tatanko did.

I had a lamp duplicate on me just half an hour ago.  I put it down to light what I was doing, then the server reset, and when I came back there was one on the ground and one in my pack.

can anyone confirm that cooked meat is safe in this build?  I bagged myself a boar but don't wanna test it for science.

I had charcoal tabs, antibiotics and steaks on my character, so I had to give it a try

fSUVUiN.jpg

AietyXO.jpg

I can confirm no sickness from a cow-steak-on-a-stick.

I didn't have a cookpot to test that method, or a boar steak, but cooking *seems* to be working.

• Like 4