boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

@Rags! guy was complaining about hackers, dupers and coastal assholes. Yeah, maybe people will spend first week taking screen shots, but soon it will be business as usual. 

Yeah, that's the way it is on this patch, but I have hope for .60. I think experimental servers bring out the best in a lot of players.

• Like 1

The biggest disappointment for me in 0.59 are the vanishing/despawning oil barrels... in fact the persistence is not in the slightest reliable atm. It's like a gamble.

I spend the last 2 month (~350 hours of playing) only with collecting, storing and mostly cherishing loot in hidden oil barrels. In other words, I tried to investigate what's the matter with oil barrels. Almost everything I read about oil barrels (incl. "official" infos) and their persistance are not more than myths or half truths, in most cases even complete bullshit. I also don't know the truth about oil barrels, I just know there is somthing really wrong with them (probabely bugs).   

Note: I am sure there were no server wipes, no cheaters or random "lucky" guys who took my oil barrels. I made some preparations to exclude this.

I found out/observed:

- Interacting (even daily, like a crazy idiot) doesn't prevent the despawning of oil barrels

- Repositioning within 8 (or less) days doesn't prevent the despawning of oil barrels

- An oil barrel placed outside the map (even 1 mile) doesn't despawn after restart -> they can also stay for days there

- It doesn't matter if you use the new ui or the old ui while placing or interacting (with) oil barrels

- The oldest barrels are not always vanish/despawn as first

- There are surprisingly many (random?) oil barrels in the middle of a field or town with good loot! Why? Coincidence? Did they slide/teleport/"pop up" from their initially (hidden) place? Who knows...

I wish there would be a (honest) clarification about this problem by responsible people. Because the so-called "working" persistence of oil barrels is just a farce in this stage. And many people waist their time with Sisyphus work.

Edited by Sharplooter

On 4/26/2016 at 11:15 PM, Kohlbar said:

I'm so sick of this weird overly-complicated Call of Duty simulator this patch has become. Hackers, dupers everywhere just killing themselves til they respawn in the right location and then getting back to their gear to start again. Playing legit is just beating yourself up anymore because there is no reward for going up north, no action, no surprising encounters, no danger of dying at every corner. The only thing that's challenging in this game right now is the players. That is THE only thing. Everything else is a cakewalk. I got tired of getting killed by M4s on-sight on the coast (was looking for decent freshie combat) and decided to go up north, but the whole thing just felt so pointless. .60 needs to get here soon.

If you've been following along and paying a modicum of attention, you'll know that none of the mechanics, of which you complain, will change in 0.60. The engine modules, which are currently being massaged will eventually allow for enhancements of the game mechanics (new player controller, better zed AI, etc.), but we aren't there yet.

The devs could flip a switch today and give us a much better survival sim, buy cranking up the weather, dialing down the temperature and significantly decreasing the food and ammunition supplies and I would personally celebrate that. Unfortunately, every time they attempt that, the COD crowd squeals like stuck pigs. Regional loot control could eventually help with this and I, myself, have suggested that Balota be transformed back into a convenient armory for the COD guys. That way, they won't have to bother with traveling inland and all of us will be happy. If the devs provided an option for a Balota spawn, or a random spawn, that would be even better, still! Now, if only we could have regional weather control! It would be easier for a fresh spawn to get established, but provide a much more challenging experience as players venture inland.

What I'm trying to say is that there is a very diverse population playing this game. The "one size fits all" approach of trying to convince the COD guys to get off of the coast and mix in with the rest of us, so that we can hold hands and sing songs together, is wrongheaded. They don't want to leave the coast and those of us who do, are largely not interested with interacting with the COD guys and their KOS approach to the game. Should we want that kind of excitement, we all know where to go, in order to find it.

Full circle: There is no point in hyping 0.60, except in recognition that it is an important milestone, which brings us closer to the finished product. Better, more challenging game mechanics are reserved for 0.61 and beyond.

• Like 2

j1aiML1.jpg

"next week, next week, next week, next week, next week, next week, next week, next week, next week...."

• Like 3

I met a guy in Berezino the other day and because I didn't shoot him on sight he decided to help me find a pistol in the police station. While we were there, we heard footsteps circling the police station and got nervous. Turned out to be a guy with an MP5. I found a mag for a MP5 in the police station and gave it to my friend, and he bolted out the door while I held watch on the front door with my loaded CR527 carbine. Sure enough, I soon heard my friend say "He's coming get back! Get back!" I refused and was sprayed down by the MP5 guy, going unconscious. I then heard "I GOT HIM!" and my friend patched me up.

After that, we both kinda looked at each other like "what now?" Well, my friend got bored and decided we should do a western-style duel. I agreed, and we walked 5 seconds before turning around and firing at each other, carbine vs mosin. I killed him, we rematched, I killed him again, and then while I was collecting the spoils we had set aside, I was attacked by a guy with an axe, who I wasted 2 MP5 mags on before finally killing. To me this encounter summed up this patch for me. There is lots of fun to be had, but besides the PvP not much is challenging or engaging enough to hold my attention. Just counting the days now.

• Like 1

Does anyone else think they're not doing the game any favors delaying the patch blockers or not?

People are not talking aside from the standbys who can always find something negative say over and over yet the dedicated players who can find some good to talk about in a broken version have ran out of stuff to discuss.

In the four or so months since .59 the boards have gone from all topics moving every few minutes to whole sections going hours, days or more without moving.

Give us something new to talk about, people will hear about your game and buy it, right now the only publicity you're getting is for stuff that is known to be broken but "will be fixed soon" and  the stagnant development and update schedule.

I cant see how that's good for business.    

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Does anyone else think they're not doing the game any favors delaying the patch blockers or not?

People are not talking aside from the standbys who can always find something negative say over and over yet the dedicated players who can find some good to talk about in a broken version have ran out of stuff to discuss.

In the four or so months since .59 the boards have gone from all topics moving every few minutes to whole sections going hours, days or more without moving.

Give us something new to talk about, people will hear about your game and buy it, right now the only publicity you're getting is for stuff that is known to be broken but "will be fixed soon" and  the stagnant development and update schedule.

I cant see how that's good for business.    

Agreed. I also really dislike the new forum format. Since the change over i dont feel like the vibe is the same.

Edit: maybe it is just the mobile site i dunno

Edited by cash81

I think a lot of it is from where they changed the forums after the security breach.

So I haven't been reading every day so  may have missed it, anyone do any testing on the sound spawning and associated behavior of the infected?

I whipped through Myshenko tent city with a fairly fresh character on an empty server yesterday using just my pickaxe to deal with the infected at first. I had a flashbang so when I got to the back of the camp and saw one standing by the officer's barracks I threw it over the bank to the west of the camp. The one infected that was there seem to wander over and investigate the bang but a half dozen more seemed to spawn as well unaware of what happened with some spawning right where I had cleared 30 seconds before. So much for creating a diversion, the way they're spawning or whatever seems to work good solo in a big town but them popping up behind you when you've been clearing an area properly or spawning right before your eyes when someone nearby makes noise is kinda weak. 

Last time I tried the flashbangs on them they didn't seem to react at all but I think that was quite some time ago.

SO much exp-prep activity!

:o

ITS HAPPENING

I AM DOWNLOADING 1.9 gigs of DayZ!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

SO much exp-prep activity!

:o

ITS HAPPENING

I AM DOWNLOADING 1.9 gigs of DayZ!

Hmmm, I have a chance to send my laptop to town for the night but if it's only 2g I could do that here. 

• Like 1

Hi all, been a while since I've posted, I'm not dead :D

So, I found my first hunting backpack in .59 .. I haven't seen this thing in months. Was curious how rare it is nowadays? I was convinced they removed it from the game entirely until I came across it today. Found it in the most random place too; inside a small shed in Staroye.

Could anyone shed light on how rare the hunting backpack is in .59, & also tell me where it typically spawns? I can't help but think someone left it where I found it. but I mean, hunting backpack... Who the fuck would drop this thing.

Hello all. I would greatly appreciate help on my problem I have had for a while now.. I can only see one server come up on the browser in game, I am not stupid and have done all the checks, I have cleared my dns reset my ip, checked my filters, updated my drivers and reinstalled and upgraded versions and i still only see one server. Please Please Please assist me. I havent been able to play this game for a while now because of it. 

Thank you so much

Regards

Gareth

On 5/6/2016 at 3:26 PM, DeviantPanda said:

-snip-

I think your post would be better suited on the troubleshooting section of the forums. More info would be better, too.

Hello my name is Gareth sorry to disturb you. I am currently having issues regarding my server list whereby i can only see one server and no others on both stable and experimental build. All my drivers are updated. The only problem i have is i start the game go to change server and there is only one server to choose from that shows up under the internet tab. I have changed my filters repeatedly and fiddled with everything, reinstalled, downgraded and upgraded to experimental and repaired local game cache. What else can i do? Id like to play my game very much. 

Thank you so much!

Gareth 

No stable update since December ? When I got DayZ on December 2013 I would never have guessed that I will graduate my degree before it goes to beta.