boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

What happened to the 75 slot servers, it was mentioned in the changelog, is that still a part of the stable 0.59 release? If so, when can we expect providers to update their packages?

Me and Dudester got a bus running last night - for the sole purpose of flipping over the Lada that I rolled  :rolleyes:

My Chernarus driver's license is now on suspension since I recently managed to roll a bus over too...

(BTW using a bus to flip over a Lada *does* work)

Questions about the bus wheels:  Every set of dual rear wheels that we found were in Damaged condition and we couldn't repair them?  

All front wheels we found were either pristine or could be repaired. Did you guys have the same experience, or was it just bad luck?

I found a bus also, and went to fix up some of the wheels with a repair kit but had the same experience you had. I couldnt fix the double wheel, but it worked on the front single wheels.

.....Im still on foot.

• Like 1

Someone must have brought these other wheels there, or do vehicles actually spawn in different states now? In Experimental I only found them without tires, unless someone else had been working on assembling them. Would be interesting, if they actually spawned with 1 or more wheels now. Also - does the hatchback ever come with a hood, or is that just not in yet? Our car has everything except a hood and the other two hatchbacks I saw didn't have one either. It's weird, because the sedan has a hood and all, so I wonder what that's about.

I've seen three ladas in various states since stable came out.  

Most had one wheel and various states of doors, batteries, lights etc.

I haven't seen a hood yet, come to think of it I don't think I saw one in experimental either.

• Like 2

Still an open invitation on that TS, now that experimental has closed?

Of course man! You guys are always welcome! 

Had a great time playing last night. Just wanted to post a few pics from my point of view when I first met up with Cold, Bio Brooks and Evan. 

Bus slowly rolled into Svet with Brooks at the wheel. As been reported, there are still some issues with wheels/tires. From my screen we were missing the front passenger side and the rear driver's side but it still drove. The guys had put these wheels on way before they drove into svet but they somehow despawned. 

23676477925_d1b94f342f_b.jpg

While waiting for the guys to pick me up, I managed to trap 6 zombies in the Church as I didn't have a weapon with ammo nor a melee yet. Never fear, the guys showed up and Cold and Bio took them all out. Of course with that many gun shots going off we attracted a bunch more to the square. 

23308521419_7939d86df9_b.jpg

Another shot of Cold hard at work planting pumpkins for us all to eat. 

23676477535_97c4b988b4_b.jpg

Really had a blast guys. Hope to see some of you on this weekend. I'll setup more sub channels on the TS in case it gets a bit hectic with so many people in one channel. 

• Like 6

kashtan scope bug in 1st person camera and ads , I report it in Exp feedback,Exp forums , Reddit and seeing it pass to stable is disappointing 

Edit more pics during day: http://imgur.com/a/QlRnh

Edited by Raptor_i81
  • Like 2

I just found a smersh vest at a heli crash but i cant pick it up! does anyone have a workaround for this?

Edit: nevermind, it disappeared  :|

Edited by Salty seadog

Can we remove battery and sparkplugs with small wrench or screwdriver (old UI) ?

Not sure. Didn't get a chance to try it just yet.

Someone must have brought these other wheels there, or do vehicles actually spawn in different states now? In Experimental I only found them without tires, unless someone else had been working on assembling them. Would be interesting, if they actually spawned with 1 or more wheels now. Also - does the hatchback ever come with a hood, or is that just not in yet? Our car has everything except a hood and the other two hatchbacks I saw didn't have one either. It's weird, because the sedan has a hood and all, so I wonder what that's about.

I think I was only the 2nd person to log on to that server.

All vehicles seemed to spawn with a variety of parts.

Some of the doors on our sedan disappeared at some point tho.

• Like 1

I just found a smersh vest at a heli crash but i cant pick it up! does anyone have a workaround for this?

Edit: nevermind, it disappeared  :|

Some weird stuff is happening like this lately.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone picked up the vest before you even got there.

Items seem to be 'visible' after they've been removed from their location - or should otherwise be gone.

A few days ago (still in experimental but same build) Igor-vk dropped some vss rounds for me at a well.  

I picked them up and they went right into my inventory like they should.

I didn't see them on the well but Dudester said they were still there so he picked them up and they disappeared from my inventory into his.

Last night in stable I threw a torch down near a pond to have a drink of water, when I was done drinking I picked up the torch and carried it into town.

About 30 minutes later Dudester came back with me to that location and he saw a fire burning where I'd thrown the torch earlier but I didn't see anything at all.

We scouted the area for a while until I remembered that I'd thrown the torch down there (we'd seen some earlier visual glitches with torches lights)

• Like 2

DAFUQ? After a 5-6 hour session yesterday with the sole intention of starting an organised camp on stable, today the car and the barrel I hid are both gone! That's impossible, unless there was a persistence wipe. First of all our server hasn't had high traffic, there are around 8-10 people on it. Secondly, I take pride in hiding my stuff better than most and don't put cars at the edge of the map or anywhere you would go look for them first. Third: I put the barrel in a location that is hardly accessible, far from regular routes and in a spot where you risk breaking your legs, if you don't know how to get there. It's simply impossible both things were discovered.

How is your experience with persistence and is it possible admins are able to exploit it to their advantage somehow (e.g. if they want to respawn vehicles)? Or is there no persistence and we weren't made aware of it? Possibly there was an unwanted wipe at restart? I was really looking forward to playing today, making grand plans all involving the car. Now I'm stuck at the ass of the map and every time I reconnect I'm told "I'm hungry"(even though I ate before disconnecting), so that's not working either. There are a couple of things not working in stable that were okay in the experimental. I'm puzzled and need to find out why and what isn't working. Are your camps and cars still were you left them?

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

-snip-

Really had a blast guys. Hope to see some of you on this weekend. I'll setup more sub channels on the TS in case it gets a bit hectic with so many people in one channel. 

I'm glad you posted as I was so tired when I signed off that my recollections were spotty.

I made a few small edits to my text to get the order right, thanks.

DAFUQ? After a 5-6 hour session yesterday with the sole intention of starting an organised camp on stable, today the car and the barrel I hid are both gone! That's impossible, unless there was a persistence wipe. First of all our server hasn't had high traffic, there are around 8-10 people on it. Secondly, I take pride in hiding my stuff better than most and don't put cars at the edge of the map or anywhere you would go look for them first. Third: I put the barrel in a location that is hardly accessible, far from regular routes and in a spot where you risk breaking your legs, if you don't know how to get there. It's simply impossible both things were discovered.

How is your experience with persistence and is it possible admins are able to exploit it to their advantage somehow (e.g. if they want to respawn vehicles)? Or is there no persistence and we weren't made aware of it? Possibly there was an unwanted wipe at restart? I was really looking forward to playing today, making grand plans all involving the car. Now I'm stuck at the ass of the map and every time I reconnect I'm told "I'm hungry"(even though I ate before disconnecting), so that's not working either. There are a couple of things not working in stable that were okay in the experimental. I'm puzzled and need to find out why and what isn't working. Are your camps and cars still were you left them?

I logged out near our Lada, so I just went in to make a quick check and the car is still there  :o

Not sure what happened but I doubt they found and took *all* of your stuff without leaving a trace.

• Like 4

@S3V3N- It is possible the admins wiped the persistence on their server. On our server, the hatchback, bus, and barrels all remained in place over-night.

@S3V3N- It is possible the admins wiped the persistence on their server. On our server, the hatchback, bus, and barrels all remained in place over-night.

They can do that? I had no idea! It would be very nice to know about server persistence and admin powers before joining a server for several hours just to come back to nothing.

---sigh---

I just read this - quite possible I had the bad luck of landing on a Vilayer server...

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230675-vilayer-persistence-doesnt-work/

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

They can do that? I had no idea! It would be very nice to know about server persistence and admin powers before joining a server for several hours just to come back to nothing.

I just read this - quite possible I had the bad luck of landing on a Vilayer server...

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230675-vilayer-persistence-doesnt-work/

A tweet on eugen Hartons Twitter suggest there's something going on at least with some servers (just a guess though eugen doesn't say this himself, just responds to a worried server goer):

https://mobile.twitter.com/eugenharton/status/675280328634839040

• Like 2

There's always talk about "official" servers and what that means exactly.

I loosely translate it as servers that are admin'd by the DayZ devs and not by an individual who rents a server.

I'm not slighting the great admins and communities out there who do the right thing, but (for now at least) I stick to 'official' servers when choosing a home server on stable. 

If there's a surefire way to detect an official server I'm unaware of it so I filter by the server name, though I know an Admin can change his server title to anything he wants, even to make it look official.

This iteration I'd put this string into the server filter:

(Public/Veteran) 130861 - Hosted by GameServers.com

I usually pick one that looks like NJ 2-8, DE 2-3 or UK 2-5 with the location prefix and the dash.

Just my 2c  :)
  • Like 6

(Public/Veteran) 130861 - Hosted by GameServers.com
I usually pick one that looks like NJ 2-8, DE 2-3 or UK 2-5 with the location prefix and the dash.
Just my 2c  :)

I pick the one with the best ping for obvious reasons. It was one of the server's I used to play 0.58 on. If server's aren't working as intended or admins can abuse privileges that's a problem of development and licensing. Things like Vilayer servers not working should have the effect of Vilayer getting excluded from running Dayz. Simple. I think there are more than enough providers that will jump to get a chance at hosting Dayz and this isn't the first time Vilayer messed up. Shut them down. Done.

It needs to be in the servername, who is the provider. Should be a rule for all server owners, who want to host Dayz. Some have it. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Can we remove battery and sparkplugs with small wrench or screwdriver (old UI) ?

You can remove it by actually looking under the hood, outside of the car, like you would in real life, and either using the interact key, or scroll wheel. I can't remember if you need a tool to do so, so hold on to any you think might help.

Message me if you need more explanation.

• Like 1

---sigh---

This is why I prefer to play on Official servers.

Edit:  Regarding your suggestion for better ethics requirements and enforcement of server hosting guidelines, I would not hold my breath until late beta.  I know it has been stated that the game is intended to include server reporting tools; but at this time, chasing down bad hosting behavior, on a scale of one to ten, has a priority level of around negative fifteen.

Edited by emuthreat

This is why I prefer to play on Official servers.

Well, this is speculation, wheras we know that Vilayer servers have persistence off for some reason. So it's more likely that's the problem than any admin abuse. To be honest, I don't even think admins can influence things like persistence. Even if they could, I'm pretty sure those on the server I played on wouldn't do it. It's been a good server in the past when other servers suffered from sudden restarts, so the admins could lock them up and go looting for themselves. 

I'm just puzzed there is no update on the problem. I'm discouraged to play tonight, because of it. I might go back to playing on experimental servers. Since they have a different hive, I should still have my gear, just the camps will be gone. 

This update has been sound for me odd little bug happening here n there, like guns disappearing and loaded guns ammo disappearing. But apart from that it's been bang one. Good work !!!!

Edited by Jakwesley
  • Like 1

i read a lot of ppl not feeling safe to build camps in some server. SchwaBAM, ENO and I got ourselves a server last patch since wegot bored of people wiping servers or kicking upon joining. Feel free to come in and build your camps on ours (check server banner in my signature).

I noticed a lot of terrain modifications on the road between Berezino and Svet. I liked the changes.

Edited by DaveB
  • Like 2

It shouldn't if you cook it properly. That should have been fixed. 

it was fixed in the first .59 exp. branch.