boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Oh hey look, a new stable release. Dang it has been an while. Gonna check in-game and perhaps read through these pages of this thread. :lol:

• Like 3

@Tatanko

You don't remember me being present during your play session yesterday evening? I must've hit you harder than I thought. 

• Like 3

Apologies if pointed out before, but the hotbar is profoundly broken. Every login, every item over number four has disappeared.

FPS was waaaaay worse for me in 0.59. Getting off the coast was a slide show. But having tweaked settings as low as they'll go the game is playable.

I agree that this build wasn't really ready.

• Like 1

can anyone confirm that cooked meat is safe in this build?  I bagged myself a boar but don't wanna test it for science.

Absolutely. I made sure to test that early on in Experimental and have been eating meat on a stick again ever since. Fish fillets are able to be cooked safely now as well, I believe.

I had a lamp duplicate on me just half an hour ago.  I put it down to light what I was doing, then the server reset, and when I came back there was one on the ground and one in my pack.

Mine were just "visual" duplicates, for better or worse. The kind where there's only one real item, but it looks like there are several of it.

@Tatanko

You don't remember me being present during your play session yesterday evening? I must've hit you harder than I thought. 

Ugh. I forgot about Igor at first as well. I was very tired when I wrote that post last night  :lol:

• Like 2

Mine were just "visual" duplicates, for better or worse. The kind where there's only one real item, but it looks like there are several of it.

I think this was an actual dupe - it didn't behave like just a visual dupe.  I just left them both and I'll find another lantern later.

and thanks guys for confirming that meat's safe now.

How does the choppers work? smokers. servers 10:41am so basically at 8:01am it spawned.

Now tell me why it disappeared right after i looted what was left?

This version is nowhere near ready for stable.  Those vehicles were so difficult to get running back in experimental, that we never got enough time to find all the things that go wrong with them when they are in the same immediate area.  Performance drops significantly, and controls become almost unusable when you get near another working vehicle.

Right?! I spent more time chasing after my vehicle sliding around and getting away from me than I spend driving it (or so it feels). I think the issues with player position and vehicle position are related though. So when they figure out, how to stop vehicles from turning and sliding, the same fix may apply to characters. Vehicles are really cool to see as a first iteration, but they need a jolly good amount of work. At least they don't get stuck in the ground and kill you on every occasion, like during experimental ;)

Did you try the bloodbag thing yesterday? I'd really like to know what happens when you receive blood from the wrong donour. I honestly believe it will just heal you no matter which blood you get. Because incorporating the mechanic is an alpha thing, but making it work in detail will be a beta task. 

How does the choppers work? smokers. servers 10:41am so basically at 8:01am it spawned.

They are on a timer. I think every four hours or so they change position. Either that or loot respawns at about that rate. I can't really say. But from observation and my own experience I can say, I've looked at choppers, ran to them and was completely baffled that they had disappeared on the short run over. I suspect, sometimes they don't get erased visually (even though they aren't physically there/on the map at that point). When you enter a certain radius then they get erased. You can tell, because the LOD model changed and the chopper disappeared. 

Usually I would say - it's just their normal+scheduled despawn - but the amount of people who ran towards choppers that disappeared makes me think it actually is that LOD and failure to load/unload the model. In your case it seems like you were there for the regular despawn though (because you were close up). Be happy you at least got to loot the chopper. There is nothing like the disappointment of running towards a chopchop that disappears right in front of your eyes :(

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I had charcoal tabs, antibiotics and steaks on my character, so I had to give it a try

fSUVUiN.jpg

AietyXO.jpg

I can confirm no sickness from a cow-steak-on-a-stick.

I didn't have a cookpot to test that method, or a boar steak, but cooking *seems* to be working.

Maybe they fixed it earlier - I had some illness issues from cow steaks in the earlier stages of the experimental 0.59 branch patch, 

Nicely done! :)

Be careful to eat earthworms by the way!  ^_^

Edited by Ori42

Hey, what happened to land mines? Did someone decide the troll factor for landmine plus new buggy vehicles is too high?

Also, this just occurred to me: dog companions + landmines. Will we be able to train our dogs to sniff out particular items, such as booby traps like these?

• Like 2

Had a good night last night with a couple of guys... didn't have the server disconnects last night but did all throughout the day yesterday. Battleeye just kicked everyone from lack of communication... Server would be gone for a minute... then reconnect and good for another hour or so. 

I think that's limited to our gameservers' server... 

I didn't see it with my own eyes but one of our group mentioned that if you hit zombies with a bus the bus flips- I also notice some texture separation between the wheel and the lug ring but nothing that won't be cleaned up. I'm looking forward to getting a dozen people or so on the bus and just touring around... If Cold and Schwab ever decide to come back to 3pp we'll have 6 in our group. 

I haven't run into any asshats yet- fortunately the couple folks I have bumped into were really quite nice and enjoying the game for what it provides ie: something more than just a 1pp / 3pp shooter. Our server went for 2 months with 1-2 guys on it... sometimes 4-5 at peak times. It's not a high profile server- we got a bunch of hoppers and that was about it. Since .59 we're seeing quite an increase in traffic (still low by most standards but a lot for us)... Hoping that .59 helps to draw people back into the game. Maybe a bit of a break was good for everyone so they can come back and enjoy it. 

I'm very happy to hear that we're able to cook meet again and looking forward to going hunting... I Don't care what anyone says I really do enjoy the feeling of sitting around the virtual campfire with a couple buddies, some steaks and a kvass to chase down a sunset- with a real beer in hand to enhance the suspension of disbelief of course! I imagine a time where 12 of us could pile on the bus, head up to the northern reaches of the map... hunt a deer, pitch a tent... build the fire and get the party started. 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 3

Hello, i am new to the Forum. Can anyone answer one of the follwing Questions? 

Guys, can someone tell me:

- How many Bus / Offroad / Sedans / V3S spawn at a server?

- At what circumstances does a vehicle respawn?

- What can be done about stuck vehicles that are impossible to be taken out?

I have only these Informations https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/228936-status-report-15-sept-15/

But i do not think that there are so much Vehicles ingame.

I can't say for sure and I don't think anyone can at this point (except the devs), but I think it is four of each kind, possibly only two buses and up to 8 V3S. This is meant to give you a rough estimate. I've seen three hatchbacks spawned around the Cherno area in total and one in the summer camp near Elektro. It could be more, but I doubt it is less than 4 of each kind. Southern spawns seem to be favored for the cars, whereas I found V3S in the north and in places I have never seen them at before. 

Edited by S3V3N

I'm not sure that the chopper spawn cycles are aligned with the server restart.  If I'm playing around 9:30 pacific time tonight, I will try to find a helicrash to see if it persists through the restart.  My gut feeling is that the helicrashes are staggered, and not necessarily at round numbers, server restarts, or any otherwise significant numbers.

I'm not sure that the chopper spawn cycles are aligned with the server restart.  If I'm playing around 9:30 pacific time tonight, I will try to find a helicrash to see if it persists through the restart.  My gut feeling is that the helicrashes are staggered, and not necessarily at round numbers, server restarts, or any otherwise significant numbers.

I haven't been able to pin it down yet either but I certainly hope they made it work the way you describe. People shouldn't be able to meta-game that way like they used to with fresh loot on server restarts, imo.

• Like 1

I have only these Informations https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/228936-status-report-15-sept-15/

But i do not think that there are so much Vehicles ingame.

I got my info.

- 5 x Sedan / Offroad / Bus/ V3S

- 3 x Cargo V3S

I got my info.

- 5 x Sedan / Offroad / Bus/ V3S

- 3 x Cargo V3S

That many buses? I'm surprised. 1 more of each car than I thought, but I was pretty close. Where did you get your info from, if I may ask?

@Tatanko

With a fire extinguisher maybe?

• Like 2

With a fire extinguisher maybe?

No. I greeted him and Igor by punching them in the face, bare fisted just continuing a joke (which, I might add, you 3 started with your boxing shenanigans). They both got knocked out in one punch. I totally didn't mean to do that. I gave Igor an Epi and Tatanko got up on his own. Then I started running away down the street because I wasn't sure how they were going to feel about all that mess.  :P

• Like 1

That many buses? I'm surprised. 1 more of each car than I thought, but I was pretty close. Where did you get your info from, if I may ask?

Wobo

3:11

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

No. I greeted him and Igor by punching them in the face, bare fisted just continuing a joke (which, I might add, you 3 started with your boxing shenanigans). They both got knocked out in one punch. I totally didn't mean to do that. I gave Igor an Epi and Tatanko got up on his own. Then I started running away down the street because I wasn't sure how they were going to feel about all that mess.  :P

I trew a wheel on you!

• Like 2